• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you wish that did NOT happen in the anime

Lol, I guess I'm the exact opposite. I liked the real-life scene and I didn't mind the Pikachu talking scene...in Japanese. That's mainly because I'm a big fan of Ikue Otani so I pretty much just heard Pikachu with Tony Tony Chopper's voice!

I have no issue with the M20 scene either personally. I find it 'Narm Charm'.

There are lot of things they shouldn't have done I still miss them and do t want some movements:-
1. Losing of kalos,hone,sunni league
(Every he came to finals and was beaten)
2.releasing of primeape, pidgeot, goodra, greninja, lapras ah......Just miss all of these
3.ending of kalos aw.... Most sad movement I really had tears at that time, and also ending of jhoto, and surely leaving of Serena

Thanks
Reply if you agree with me or disagree

Would someone bother to frankly explain what went so wrong with BW series? I know how it was downgraded after Hoenn and Sinnoh journeys, how Ash reset himself and brought unevolved Pokémon trend back, et cetera. The wasted Team Rocket VS Team Plasma arc didn't help at all either. There are flows in Axew's developement, Cilan's unexplained fear of Purrloin or Unova League as a whole. But there are improvements in the series, as well. I personally think the personalities of Pokémon have never been so strong other than being a loyal member of its trainer's team. I am not saying BW series was somehow great, but I always thought the hate towards BW series is overrated, unless someone lets me see what I am missing. *shrug*
An example that comes to mind is the Elesa battle. Throughout the series Ash has had very high faith in friends, seen gym leaders take countermeasures to their weaknesses, assert and show type advantages aren't everything, and had his ego beaten out of him.

Despite this he expected to beat Elesa someone who beat Bianca with just his Palpitoad and, instead of having to use whatever Pokémon he had on him, he was allowed to transfer Snivy. Snivy and Emolga both used attract which failed. Elesa didn't know Snivy was female. Ash however was treated like he was somehow supposed to know that Emolga was female and that he was a dumb dumb for not remembering how attract works. So yeah I wish stupid moments like that didn't happen.

Last edited:
1. Losing of kalos,hone,sunni league

I question why his loss at the Kalos League is still seen as such a horrble thing when we can be pretty sure that him winning wouldn't have changed anything anyway since SM was on its way regardless, and just look at the state of Ash in that.

Last edited:
An example that comes to mind is the Elesa battle. Throughout the series Ash has had very high faith in friends, seen gym leaders take countermeasures to their weaknesses, assert and show type advantages, and had his ego beaten out of him.

Despite this he expected to beat Elesa someone who beat Bianca with just his Palpitoad and, instead of having to use whatever Pokémon he had on him, he was allowed to transfer Snivy. Snivy and Emolga both used attract which failed. Elesa didn't know Snivy was female. Ash however was treated like he was somehow supposed to know that Emolga was female and that he was a dumb dumb for not remembering how attract works. So yeah I wish stupid moments like that didn't happen.

Sorry this is a bit off topic by now, but I think this deserves some sort of reply for the small amount of people that don't hate BW. BW had its fair share of really dumb moments, but every series has had some really dumb moments, including in gym battles (most Kanto gym battles, "aim for the horn", thunder armor, countless improbable comebacks) and there has been a lot of learning and un-learning within and throughout most series. I get that the overall storyline may not have been as pristine as past series, but BW still has loads of good content. I honestly feel like it got so popular to hate on BW that people only remember the negatives about the series and forget all the positives, and a number of people have admittedly not even seen the whole series and still talk trash about it. I can admit that after not having seen it for a while that all the negative talk surrounding it after it had concluded had eroded my own opinion of it(maybe this isn't true of anyone else?). When I look back at reviews on here from the series while it was going on, people didn't hate on it on a week to week basis because the majority of the episodes were still entertaining and the story was as well. It wasn't perfect, but I really don't think its anywhere near as bad as people act like it was.

Sorry this is a bit off topic by now, but I think this deserves some sort of reply for the small amount of people that don't hate BW.
Back then, there was a rule that forbids calling SM "the new BW," which shows how bad BW's reputation is. And It's hard to disagree with it.
That pedo gym leader in Orange Islands
Who?

That hot springs scene was horrible. Betting the dub will remove it? Which pedo gym leader?

This guy. He flirted with Misty.
Danny.png

@sc190191 aim for the horn was back when the rules of the anime's world weren't established fully. It as well as thunderarmor were locally dumb. By that I mean the moment itself was dumb but had no barring on the characters. "I'm gonna sweep her with Palpitoad" in my opinion was out of character for Ash and Ash being chided for some nonsensical double standard negatively impacted my view of the characters because it's the characters that were mishandled not the way the world works. While can't prove that dumb moments happened were more frequently some people perceived them to be that way.

I'm long since past my delusion that I could "prove" BW is "bad". I was just offering insight that was asked for. The BW hater brigade was very active on this forum at the time just less so in review section. If all you can say about an episode it's "boring filler" it's not going to be worth your time to bop in every filler episode just to say so.

So to get back on topic while not nessarily a plot hole I disliked the way the Roxie versus Ash battle was handled and, wish there was the 6 v 3 didn't happen. Ash agreed to the handicap too easily for my tastes and, it made Ash look underpowered.

Last edited:
Not to nitpick, but I thought that the "aim for the horn" thing was a misquote anyway? In the dub Ash said "Pikachu, the horn!" or something similar, and my take was that Ash was warning Pikachu of Rhydon's horn and Pikachu came up with the idea of targeting the horn himself, not that Ash was commanding Pikachu's nonsensical attack. Anyway, just me being thorough.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom