• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third DP installment to be announced next month: Revelation of two Generation V Pokém

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an important thing, but they could give us something to do with the tiny and large mushrooms we find. LEt the move tutor be interested in both heart scales and mushrooms.

The Mushrooms existed in Gold, Silver and Crystal, and had no such use in those games (Hell, they could be found in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald as well).

They were merely items that you sold for money. That was their original purpose. The only reason why they were converted into a "token" for the move-relearner for FR/LG was because Heart Scales weren't found in there (Luvdisc is a Hoenn Pokémon).

Anyway as for the new game, I doubt they'll make the third version radically different from it's predesscors. (Just extra stuff mostly. What this extra stuff is is anyone's guess).

You mean you'd rather wait for a "slightly different" version of the SAME GAME you bought last year rather than get a completely new game faster?

Unless Game Freak can pull an Emerald with this one and REALLY improve the game, add some new content (that's actually worthwhile- Sevii Islands, I'm looking at you) and give me a reason to buy it other than "oh look, we're ANIME BASED!" I'll pass on this one, thanks.

Well, I usually prefer to have 2 games from each Gen to trade between and restart them alternately. I have Diamond now, and so I'd rather buy the Third instalment than Pearl.

An in-game Arceus would be awesome. If that happened, then all they need is a way to get Shaymin, since Arceus would be caught and Darkrai has been confirmed to be transferable in Ranger Battonage.
Darkrai is only transferable from Ranger Batonnage after its has special mission has been completed, which requires unlocking it via download. It is just a cumbersome way of receiving Darkrai in Diamond and Pearl that was created to hype the new game. We are better off hoping that the Member Card item will be distributed via Wi-Fi outside Japan, negating the need in Ranger and another DS system.

Assuming for a sec this is true: if the Rival sprite is being changed to look like Paul, why isn't the Lucas sprite being changed to look like Ash?

Lucas' sprite may be changed; it was never touched upon in the thread in question.

I honestly don't see how Game Freak's gonna top D/P. I can't think of any additional content to add.

On a side note, I'm sad that Pokémon Farm won't be able to do mass game-to-game Pokémon transfers like Pokémon Box... I don't want to make 60+ Starly trades to bring my less used Diamond Pokémon to the new game. :/

This is awesome! Even more pokemon to worship, even more items, even more possibilities! The next of the pokemon adventures, and I'm ready. All I have to do is wait.

Lucas' sprite may be changed; it was never touched upon in the thread in question.

That would be cool. I mean Paul wasn't based on the games and is Ash rival so it would only make more sense for them to do that.

Gen 5? Already? Wow, those Jappaness writers work fast if this is it.

Diamond and Pearl kind-of already featured many of the things we find in the 3rd games, so I'm actually more curious to see what they are going to offer as new content:
Battle Frontier in Battle Area?
Ability to travel to Johto? (lol, but not Kanto, lol)
Battle Sprites for Special and Physical Attacks?
Anime Based game story? (But really, I don't like Paul's design :p )
New Minigames? Pokemon Snowboarding/Surfing?
More Contests content?
Stadium battle graphics? (lol, jk)
Something completely brand new?
All of the Above? (yes please)

What ever it may be I'm curious. I've also been in the mood to play Pokemon some more, but I don't want to start over in my games, and I definitely am not buying Diamond or Pearl again, so I probably would buy this game. While it is true, I'd prefer a bran-new game.... (Be it Pulseman, Drill Dozer, a new idea, Pulseman, or anything!)

My solution? Nintendo make Gamefreak Expand! Creating a company to essentially advertise Pokemon is great... but do something the gamers want, lol!

I think that the D&P games were pretty crap compared to the previous ones, I wouldn't buy the third one if it came out soon, I would love Gold and Silver to be re-made as I have never played them and the Johto anime was the best!!

Well, I thought Emerald was a step in the right direction in terms of new features (Battle Frontier, a new storyline, added areas, rebattling Gym Leaders, ect.) so hopefully DP's third game will have alot of new features and well.

Also, I don't think that Gamefreak's making of Pokemon Games hinders games like Drill Dozer and Pulseman being released. They probably have people who work on those while the main team creates Pokemon.

If it's a third D/P game. Volkner will be the new champion. I'm totally calling it.

I would like GSC remakes, but if this does turn out to be a 3rd DP, I guess that'll kill the GSC hopes.

Ah well, either way I'll be happy. Just as long as said D/P installment has enough extra in it to justify buying it.

If it's a third D/P game. Volkner will be the new champion. I'm totally calling it.

Why? He didn't even play a role in D/P's plot, so why would he sudden;y become the new champion?

Still would rather have a G/S remake before playing through Sinnoh again.

I also think its too early for people to start considering gen 5.

I'm calling Riley. I've been saying it since D/P came out.

Okay so I've just read through all there is to read through in this thread, and I really respect almost everyone's views and opinions.

Honestly with the way things have been set up for Pokemon, and the whole CoroCoro thing, it is very highly likely that this "new game" to be revealed next month will simply be a third installment to DP. This could be because the good people at Gamefreak fgiured out all the little things that people may or may not have enjoyed about how DP turned out. That being said, they could just be choosing to improve upon these things for a new, better, possibly slightly upgraded version. Now, another thing to think about is this, the possibility that they have had a plan for the 4th gen for some time, and that plan has to do with the third installment, or possibly a GS remake. I personally think that the third game will be revealed next month and will come out (at least for America) this time (maybe) next year. The reason behind this one might wonder could simply be that GF are working hard to create an unparalled experience with a GS remake. By this I mean that they could be looking at the series as a whole, looking at what is good in the series, what works, and what doesn't. Maybe they are trying to work it out so that they can put GS out for the DS with the full GS experience, Nu-Kanto and all. They could be making Kanto a decent size as well as Johto. The problem with original GS is that people didn't like how small Kanto was, and how small that forced Johto to be. This was because of memory constraints for the Gameboy carts they used back then. But now, with the DS, the carts have way more space, in fact the DS cards for DP were fairly empty. Anyway this is what I think about the upcoming game.

But as for the whole "OMGEE there's gonne b a n3w Gen!!!11!!!" package of ****, look at the facts, The magazine spread shows one of the pens with a mystery Pokemon to be the opposite color arrangement of the the pen with Shaymin on it. Hmm, wait a minute, hey look at that, right there, the two different forms of Giratina have opposing color schemes on them too! This leads one to believe (maybe not the simple one's) that, Hey, maybe the "Mystery Pokemon" is just a different form of Shaymin. That seems to be the most likely situation of the MP case. As for the other one. Who knows, maybe it is a Gen V Pokemon. Who knows right? Hell maybe it is Arceus. We won't know until the time comes. So just keep on speculating, c'mon do it. Just know that we're probably more likely to see new forms of Pokemon than new Pokemon.

SYNOPSIS:
Third Game= Most Likely
GS Remake= Gamefreak is probably going to make it, and make it good.
New Gen= Who knows, but it will not be 2 of them. I swear to Anubis it will not be 2.

-Hate me all you want to GrnMarvl13
Sean.

A highly reliable poster on Aussie Nintendo, username 'Aussie', claims that the third installment will be similar to 'yellow' in that it will be based loosely on the anime, and other tibits such as the placement of Team Galactic would be different, Pikachu would follow Lucas and Piplup would follow Dawn (depending on who was chosen at the start of the game), and he had also implied that the rival sprite would look like Paul from the anime and his adventure would not 'start' from where it did in the D/P games (whatever that means). When questioned by other members about this, Aussie asked for the thread to be closed and an hour later the thread was seemingly deleted by staff.

Before you jump down my throat for posting seemingly unreliable information, I'd like to note that Aussie has correctly stated the release date for Mario Kart to the day for Japan back in early January (as well as stating that SSBB would be delayed a week in Japan to print more stock and longer for the US due to last minute changes, he wouldn't specify what changes were made but he made it clear that they were very small), he had also made references to the roster for SSBB including Lucario and his Aura 'ability' last year. He had also revealed tibits of Twilight Princess information two weeks before the Japanese release.

Someone took a photograph (camera phone) of the future corocoro magazine depicting a screen of the next game Platinum, which had a screenshot of Cyrus(?) standing in front of a sillouette of Girantina, which never occurred in D/P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom