• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third DP installment to be announced next month: Revelation of two Generation V Pokém

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Third DP installment to be announced next month: Revelation of two Generation V Pokémon also ...

An advertisement in the newly-released May issue of CoroCoro in Japan has revealed that the third installment of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl will be announced in the magazine's June issue, which will go on sale May 15. Also, new toy advertisements for Movie 11 feature several place marks for two as-of-yet unrevealed Pokémon, codenamed "Pokémon A" and "Pokémon B."

Read more on Bulbanews

I don't want Gen V's yet. I don't know why, but I'd much rather wait. I dunno, it's weird. But OMFG 3rd installment. I've been saying Opal for over a year, so if it is, I'm elated and I'll preorder it ASAP, if it isn't, I'll bow out humbly and preorder it ASAP.

GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS GSDS

Oh well, I can wait for it. Opal's the next best thing. :)

If one of them is the mushroom thing in the first set of scans, I wonder how Maple Story will react.

They probably won't and cant, they aren't the first people to make a mushroom monster. It looks neat though... if that is it. I'm excited, I can't wait... but to be honest... I was hoping more of a gap between games so I'd have time to make a post of fakes. Hopefully they do make a DSGS, just to delay Gen V some more. (Also, a new Pulseman and Drill Dozer would be awesome, as with a Pokemon spin-off from Gamefreak themselves. It's not like they don't get ideas for them)

I'm still excited though, even though well all guessed it was probably coming

And girls and boys lets just wait till the moaning from pokemon fans worldwide comes around, because surely it will happen as it does always. It will either come as people analyse the news properly or it will come once the game arrives. Because, lets face it thats how things go in the pokemon community.

Interesting news Serebii at SPP claims theres no guarantee of two new pokemon.

<~Serebii> people are getting hyped up about new pokemon
<%Nayru> joy
<~Serebii> because some people are idiots
<joshroberts> say somethin funny nayru
<~Serebii> some company put ?s on their Pokemon merchandise
<~Serebii> and wrote Pokemon A and Pokemon B
<%Nayru> joshroberts: I am not a damn show pony
<~Serebii> and everyones jumping to conclusions that its a new Pokémon
<~Serebii> idiots
<joshroberts> pleeeeze
<~Serebii> I hate our community
<%Nayru> does Joe actually know? :p
<%Nayru> <~Serebii> I hate our community <-- you are not alone
<~Serebii> they believe everything they read from lesser sources
<%Nayru> That said with great fervour
<~Serebii> and they follow the retard called WPM
<~Serebii> hes the one that started this New Pokemon BS
<%Nayru> they'll believe what they want to
<%Nayru> :|
<~Serebii> I'm not saying there's def. no Pokémon in it
<~Serebii> but
<~Serebii> using that as evidence that there is
<~Serebii> is just crazyness
<+wergoheb> Uh... huh

I dunno I just found it interesting.

A highly reliable poster on Aussie Nintendo, username 'Aussie', claims that the third installment will be similar to 'yellow' in that it will be based loosely on the anime, and other tibits such as the placement of Team Galactic would be different, Pikachu would follow Lucas and Piplup would follow Dawn (depending on who was chosen at the start of the game), and he had also implied that the rival sprite would look like Paul from the anime and his adventure would not 'start' from where it did in the D/P games (whatever that means). When questioned by other members about this, Aussie asked for the thread to be closed and an hour later the thread was seemingly deleted by staff.

Before you jump down my throat for posting seemingly unreliable information, I'd like to note that Aussie has correctly stated the release date for Mario Kart to the day for Japan back in early January (as well as stating that SSBB would be delayed a week in Japan to print more stock and longer for the US due to last minute changes, he wouldn't specify what changes were made but he made it clear that they were very small), he had also made references to the roster for SSBB including Lucario and his Aura 'ability' last year. He had also revealed tibits of Twilight Princess information two weeks before the Japanese release.

Ben Cousins (btw that name is that guy on drugs who was like one of the best aussie rules player correct? )

Anyway you are so going to scare people with that description. Have you seen the what do you think of Piplup thread or whatever that thing was about.

Ben Cousins (btw that name is that guy on drugs who was like one of the best aussie rules player correct? )

Correct. Great player, but is currently, presumably, not taking drugs, and should be doing another stint in rehab.

And on the subject...if Aussie is right, that may atcually be an important change for Game Freak to make, a change in the way things are done.

Also means we'd get all 3 starters. :)

Did Aussie happen to post his tidbits after the CoroCoro scans were uploaded? If so, there is absolutely no reason to believe him, despite whatever reputation he may have. Obviously, his alleged source is not CoroCoro, so why did he have to wait for the scans before he divluged the information?

There is also the matter that the CoroCoro advertisement presented Blue as Red and Green's revised version. If we are meant to deduce that the new game will be in the vein of Blue, Crystal and Emerald, then there is no room to believe it will be as close to the anime as Yellow was, because Blue is not like Yellow. Otherwise, the new game may as well be as revised a version to Diamond and Pearl as FireRed and LeafGreen were to Ruby and Sapphire, that is, it will be the Gold and Silver remakes. However, the advertisement suggests neither possibility, leaving the standard third game option.

It would also be nothing short of a shot in the foot for Game Freak to prioritize Piplup as the elite starter or dispense with Barry/Pearl in favor of Paul (which in a way, would also dispense with Silver, in fact). Even Yellow did not follow such a drastic direction.

Aussie is the webmaster of Aussie-Nintendo as well, just so you all know. I'm more of a Vooks person myself, though.

Anyway you are so going to scare people with that description. Have you seen the what do you think of Piplup thread or whatever that thing was about.

Yeah his name is my username because he is one of my favourite players to play AFL.

Aussie is one of the webmasters of A-N. He gets lots of game information from Nintendo, such as promotional game art to be placed on the website itself. He himself has also stated that being head of a large website, he recieves some information from other members which may be true or not.

It's not out of the realms of possibility that his information is true. It would be a great change to D/P, it would/could almost make the new D/P a new game in itself. Remember, he has a reputation as a webmaster and would not want to look like a fool by giving the public misleading information. The thread was deleted, presumably by himself, possibly to cover his arse in case a Nintendo rep happens to browse the forums.

What was weird though, was that he asked in the thread in question (his own thread) "I think I should close this..." but he kept the thread up for at least 40 minutes to one hour before it was deleted.

He would not be in a position to acquire that information though, so he's clearly bullshitting. He'd have to be Japanese to at least even stand a chance of getting an actual leak about this game.

Also, it's really pretty easy to get promotional game art - I could go and get as much as I like right now, all official stuff, right off the official press site for Nintendo. It seems to me, you're being conned into thinking that someone has greater influence than they do. Does he even have an actual press contact at Nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom