• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Third Gym Leaders: Lt. Surge vs. Whitney vs. Wattson vs. Maylene vs. Burgh

FatKidLovesCoke

Reaction score
Simple enough, fave third gym leader out of all generations

EDIT: Mods, move if necessary, but please message me if you do

Surge rocks! So does Whitney and Burgh.
But Maylene gets my vote, because she is the most amazing gym leader in DPPT.

All of them are cool. I really like Maylene as well, but none of them can compare to my Whitney. She's the cutest, the funniest, and one of the toughest fights in the games. I love her and she's my favorite character of all times. Not just in Pokémon. As cool as everyone else is, there's no contest. It will always be Whitney for me ~ <3

I'm actually kind of embarassed to admit that I like Arti/Burgh more than the others. XD Though I liked more how he was portrayed in the original games and in the Spanish translation (Camus? Yes please!). And he uses Bugs, which recently became one of my favourite types. Plus, he became hilarious to me when I heard the gossip in the National Gymquirer. XDDDDD

If Platinum was the version considered for these polls, Melissa/Fantina would have won, but nope. Also, Tessen/Wattson is second, but by far.

It's either Maylene or Whitney. Whitney was never that hard for me; I just used an Onix to muscle through the battle. I guess I'd have to go with Maylene, though. It was pretty cool to face Lucario for the first time.

Burgh! I love his style! And his design. The gym was kinda weird, though. Where did he get all that honey? o_o

This is a tough one, the third gym tends to be pretty memorable...

Lt. Surge was interesting and had plenty of charisma. But... I guess his character didn't get much in terms of plot and stuff.

Whitney is hands down one of the most memorable Gym Leaders. If not THE most memorable Gym Leader (not counting the general public who only got past Brock anyways). That Miltank of doom and overall how she is basically That One Boss makes her to my eyes like Airman in Megaman.

Wattson. Wattson was my personal That One Boss. I learned the fear of stats, levels, and such from him. Having your entire party destroyed by an unavoidable move makes you stop relying on luck and sweeping ever again and to start thinking better. He also shows up later in the game, and I like his characterization. It even kinda fit how he taught me such a lesson the hard way.

Maylenne wasn't that interesting to me. As for Burgh... he is quite the opposite of Surge in that he got a plot coupon. He is also pretty charismatic too. (however he is found right after Aloe, who is basically awesome and unforgettable)

But anyways, I'll say Wattson, out of personal experience.

Well let's see. Whitney is a brat who is only training pokemon because it was the popular thing to do.

Wattson is meh.

Maylene is pretty cool and uses one of my favorite types... but I have this "ew feet" thing and her vs sprite makes me squeemish. >_>

Burgh also uses one of my favorite types and has an awesome gym and is an artist but...

I am horribly shallow. Lt Surge got a sudden sexy makeover in HGSS so he wins. : D He also also the owner of THE original puzzle gym and it made me want to punch him. They only became more innovative from there but at least his wasn't the same answer every time.

Maylene, because that's the nickname of my best friend, so Maylene has grown on me greatly.

hmmm, i think i'll go with Whitney.
Lolno, surge.

Whitney ispired SO much rage. the fact that she crys at me when i kick her ass just made it worse.

I still don't remember who Maylene is. Was that the grass one?..no, she had garden in her name. I think the ghost one was Fantine...uhhhh.idk who that is, and i don't wanna look it up.

Wattson, i liked wattson.

Burgh was nice, and he had an epic gym. i'd like him alot more if he had come later in the game, it's a shame that they wasted the opurtunity to show off some of the epic bug types in the game.

surge is just badass.

Whitney, because she was the first difficult gym leader that I had ever come up against. Respect.

Whitney, as she is cute yet tough to beat, especially in Generation II.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom