• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Installment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast_shoesXx

resU deretsigeR
Reaction score
Black and White are looking to be great games, no doubt. With the confirmed additions of flowing animations, re-usable TMs, triple battles, and great-looking pokemon, I'm definitely looking forward to picking up a copy as soon as I can.

Although you can't help but think of Emerald and Platinum.

While B/W will be great for their time, it's hard not to think that GameFreak is keeping the 'ultimate' gen V game for the third installment. In other-words: holding back. Some examples (drawing from E/P) include: (note that these are predictions based on previous evidence)

- deliberately waiting for... we'll call it "Grey", to maximize the epic-ness of the storyline and its climax (probably combining plots from both B/W);

- having access to both the Black City and White Forest;

- beefed-up E4;

- miscellaneous additions (Ex. Rotom's newer formes in plat, Battle frontier in emerald, updated pokemon sprites, etc.)

All in all, I am too impatient to wait about two years after B/W to experience Gen V. And, admittedly, it's a smart business move on part of GF. But does it annoy you that this "holding back" has become a trend for the last few gens and, most likely, B/W as well?

Last edited:
No, because seeing as B&W aren't out yet, I don't know what final features will be included in Black and/or White.

Black and White will look almost perfect the first year or two, then when the third version comes, we will see how much could've been done to improve them :p

Black and White will look almost perfect the first year or two, then when the third version comes, we will see how much could've been done to improve them :p

yeah, that's what happened with D/P/Pt. D/P were awesome, then Platinum came out and made the regional dex 60 pokemon longer, added new forms, quintupled the size of the battle frontier, updated the gyms and pokemon league, and so much more. My guess is that "grey" will just have a TON more pokemon available to catch within the game (without having to trade between current or past generations, or I guess with Dream Link).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom