• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I have no doubt that both Reshiram and Zekrom will be in the game, after elite 4 and champion. I wonder if Tornadus and Thundurus will be found together or you get a choice.

I don't know if anyone has posted this before if so I apologize but am I the only one who thinks that Brycen will play some special part in the story of Pokémon Gray (or whatever the third version is called) I mean lets talk about coincidence his gym is right next to Dragonspiral Tower he's an Ice Type Trainer which means he might have some insight on Kyurem and did I forget to mention he has little to say in Black and White which would probably mean that he might have more to say in Gray this is just speculation but feel free to express your thoughts on this I would like to see what everyone thinks.

I also strongly agree with that, it's exciting to think about though! :)

I'd rather not see triple battles in the first gym. It's supposed to be a gym that provides a decent challenge for beginners without being too hard. I really doubt any beginner's going to be able to handle a triple battle that early in the game - heck, they might not even have three pokemon yet. Rather, they could have you fight all three gym leaders in a row, kind of like in the anime, assuming they don't just leave it as is (why fix what isn't broken, anyway?). Triple/rotation battles would be great for rematches, though, and a double battle at the Opelucid gym would be perfect.

Really? Its hard to have three Pokemon by the first gym? lol You basically have two handed out to you already, how difficult is it to catch one more?

They could simply lower the levels of the monkeys a little in order to make the gym easier if they do go the triple battle route. To be honest I'd rather fight them all together one time as opposed to fighting them one after the other.

Really? Its hard to have three Pokemon by the first gym? lol You basically have two handed out to you already, how difficult is it to catch one more?

They could simply lower the levels of the monkeys a little in order to make the gym easier if they do go the triple battle route. To be honest I'd rather fight them all together one time as opposed to fighting them one after the other.

Well, novice players might not know (I sure didn't do this when I first got into Pokemon games) to train all three Pokemon equally right from the start.

I think a triple battle in the first gym is too complicated a battle (when compared to a normal battle) this early in the game

Not everyone likes the monkeys or even the starters. And to be honest, I'd rather battle them one after the other than all at the same time, but I'd really prefer to leave the gym the way it is.

Not everyone likes the monkeys or even the starters. And to be honest, I'd rather battle them one after the other than all at the same time, but I'd really prefer to leave the gym the way it is.

If the Shadow triad theory is true than the player can fight them last like Giovanni. Also if you have a different starter in this version like yellow say Zorua than this is the logical way to go about it.
I want this game to be a sequel so, new PC's new rivals. Hey if you have Zorua than you can have three rivals that will be cool huh.

If the Shadow triad theory is true than the player can fight them last like Giovanni. Also if you have a different starter in this version like yellow say Zorua than this is the logical way to go about it.
I want this game to be a sequel so, new PC's new rivals. Hey if you have Zorua than you can have three rivals that will be cool huh.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Shadow Triad

I dislike the Shadow Triad theory anyway, and I don't see why they'd make Zorua your starter in the third version when they'd already bother to set up two rivals for the two unpicked starters. And you do already have a third rival - N, who is not likely to be keeping a Pokemon from a lab with him for the entire game.

Speaking of N...

Does anyone else wish the battles with him were more challenging? I know he just uses Pokemon from whatever area you encounter him in, but at least improve his AI a bit. He doesn't use any more strategy than a Hiker does. >_>

Although I can understand if they are plot-related battles, then they probably need to be easy. I guess the same can said for the gym leaders, too.

I dislike the Shadow Triad theory anyway, and I don't see why they'd make Zorua your starter in the third version when they'd already bother to set up two rivals for the two unpicked starters. And you do already have a third rival - N, who is not likely to be keeping a Pokemon from a lab with him for the entire game.

I'm talking about them making it a sequel to black and white rather then just another retelling. Zorua was annoying for me to get and not that many kids are aware of events. I knew I wasn't when I was younger. Because you have three rivals in black and white you should also in gray so Zorua is a good way to go about this.

A better solution for Zorua would be give it out as an egg.

I doubt we'll ever get a sequel game within the same generation. If we ever do get a a sequel type thing, it'd most likely be on the same vein as Gen II. Which I personally don't want.

I'm just expecting the same type of thing we've had the past two generations. And I have no problem at all with that.

This.

Also, why can't they make the third version have a better post game?

Actually, a better post game is something I actually expect out of BW's third. Abyssal Ruins, Ghetsis on the run and/or what's happened to N/discorvering more about his background are all materials that deserved to be expanded on and are all things brought up during BW's post game.

Uh did we skim over this or are did every one miss it? Apparently CoroCoro's gonna reveal something bout Kyurem and its ice. Doesn't that basically mean the 3rd version should be here by September, considering how a February reveal was for Giratina-O? And I'm pretty sure its a form, cause it points to the point where its glowing.

Uh did we skim over this or are did every one miss it? Apparently CoroCoro's gonna reveal something bout Kyurem and its ice. Doesn't that basically mean the 3rd version should be here by September, considering how a February reveal was for Giratina-O? And I'm pretty sure its a form, cause it points to the point where its glowing.

When the movie was announced we already knew the next version would come this year. When Nobunaga was announced instead of the third version, we assumed September would be the release date. And the Kyurem form theory has been discussed to death. I think that topic will heat up in February.

Actually, a better post game is something I actually expect out of BW's third. Abyssal Ruins, Ghetsis on the run and/or what's happened to N/discorvering more about his background are all materials that deserved to be expanded on and are all things brought up during BW's post game.

This, and a new and improved Battle Frontier would be great.

When the movie was announced we already knew the next version would come this year. When Nobunaga was announced instead of the third version, we assumed September would be the release date. And the Kyurem form theory has been discussed to death. I think that topic will heat up in February.
And that's good and all, but at least its set in stone finally that something will happen. Even if things get ridiculously obvious, its never set in stone.

Speaking of N...

Does anyone else wish the battles with him were more challenging? I know he just uses Pokemon from whatever area you encounter him in, but at least improve his AI a bit. He doesn't use any more strategy than a Hiker does. >_>

Although I can understand if they are plot-related battles, then they probably need to be easy. I guess the same can said for the gym leaders, too.

I want the game in general to be more of a challenge. Pokemon is getting too...easy, if thats the right word.

Back
Top Bottom