• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

Grey (Hypothetic name) would make sense on the 3DS quite a fair bit considering the 3DS will probably be Game Freaks higher priority a year or two into the future and the DS would be considered "old news".

While this is the likely situation, I'm hoping that it is not. I barely could afford a DS let alone a 3DS. Maybe there could be an "enhanced" Pokemon Gray for 3DS and a "regular" Pokemon Gray for DS.

While this is the likely situation, I'm hoping that it is not. I barely could afford a DS let alone a 3DS. Maybe there could be an "enhanced" Pokemon Gray for 3DS and a "regular" Pokemon Gray for DS.

Will a 3DS game work on a "2DS" without the 3D? I wouldn't know, but if it will, I'd be fine with Gray (or whatever, but I really doubt it'd be anything else other than Brown with Landlus, but considering they made Kyurem in the first place I think it's obvious what the third game will be unless they plan to shake things up and such) doing that.

Last edited:
...yes it is... The Ying/Yang is crucial to the plot. Plus Their species names... White Yin and Black Yang (Or is it the other way around) Crinsom doesn't fit the theme at all Grey does in every way

Actually Gray(Edit: I mean Crimson) does make sense, but anyways, here is a theory I thought of: In the third version, we know that it will probably give it another form, and it has been said to symbolize wuji, and the opposite of wuji is taji, the ultimate presence of energy, and so might kyuremu's alternate form be a taji form, in that case, either one symbolizing all energy or no energy at all would be logical, depending on which form is used as the mascot, but energy-less would actually make more sense, as the energy form would, if going by platinum as the example, the mascot, and then all the mascots have been opposites of their types.

Last edited:
Guys I had a thought a minute ago.

What if the third version is for the 3DS? It would be basicly be the same but with 3D battles and stuff. You see, I don't think Game Freak can wait for a new set of Pokémon games to get a Pokémon game on the 3DS

I am willing to bet a large amount of money Gray will be for the 3DS. It seems Black and White are the last games for the DS, and having the rest of the generation for 3DS isn't that crazy of an idea. Gold and Silver were for Gameboy, while Crystal was for Gameboy Color.

No, 3DS cartridges are slightly thicker. This is so that both can play normal DS games, but only a 3DS can play 3DS games.
Not so much that only a 3DS game can play a 3DS game, but so that we don't insert it into the wrong cartridge. The cart itself looked like it only had a nub on the side to make it bigger, so it is feasible they could probably make a DS game enhanced by the 3DS.

Well if game freak HAD to make a game on the 3DS I would sa that it would be a 3D battling gmae like stadium. I don't know how you could transfer using only one 3DS but anyway that's beside the point.

To be honest I couldn't see them NOT making the third version a 3DS game. After all why would they put it on an old console (not litterly old but when there is a new one it is considered 'old') Though I have one big doubt. The 3DS cartridges can hold as much data as the gamecube; more than a DS cartridge. It would be considred very cheap if they didn't use that to the best of their abbilites. Still when you cram it with the amount of extras and 3D effects I supose it will add alot of data..

With the larger amount of space that the 3DS can hold, it wouldn't surprise if they added a lot of new content. Of course there is the obligatory Isshu equivalent of the Battle Frontier, move tutors, and possibly new 3D models and sprites, but possibly a handful of new features to keep things fresh.

Actually Gray(Edit: I mean Crimson) does make sense, but anyways, here is a theory I thought of: In the third version, we know that it will probably give it another form, and it has been said to symbolize wuji, and the opposite of wuji is taji, the ultimate presence of energy, and so might kyuremu's alternate form be a taji form, in that case, either one symbolizing all energy or no energy at all would be logical, depending on which form is used as the mascot, but energy-less would actually make more sense, as the energy form would, if going by platinum as the example, the mascot, and then all the mascots have been opposites of their types.

Except Kyurem represents the LACK of Energy (Ice/Cold) While Reshiram and Zekrom are basiaclly Taiji as the are Engery (Fire/Electric) I still see It being Grey due to the whole Yin/Yang deal But I do like the Taiji form (IT would look amazing on a grey background... but it would still be Dragon/Ice right?)

You do know that there have been rumors that B/W are already enhanced for the 3DS, but this hasn't been confirmed.
The rumors were startered, by the way, when some game developers noticed that some spirits (like the paws in the move assist) have very specail frames that may have something to do with 3D.

^Remember, just a rumor that I've hear^

i think the third version Will be Called Gray there is a lot of clues

Because of the whole Yin and yang thing and Kyurem is gray and has to do with the yin and yang thing. Also one of the characters in Pokemon Adventures is i here is Called Grey, and he is a main character one of the rivals (e.g Blue who is the rival in red and blue) he is Cheren the male rival in B and w

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I can't imagine the third version making the jump to 3DS as I doubt it would make better use of the system. At best, the sprites and 3D textures would look more polished but apart from that, I can't imagine them going much farther in the time frame their normally given (usually a year or two from the core installments).

I rather they release the third version as a DS title so they have more time to perfect a Gen VI installment on the 3DS instead.

Also, the DS would still be selling for a few more years before 3DS completely replaces it so why not make the game accessible to those owners as well?

For all we know, there might mot be a third version at all. 3DS comes out in in Japan in when, only four months? And being a different system might mean connection problems that might be difficult to iron out (RS on the GBA had no connection at all to the six games before them)

For all we know, there might mot be a third version at all. 3DS comes out in in Japan in when, only four months? And being a different system might mean connection problems that might be difficult to iron out (RS on the GBA had no connection at all to the six games before them)
The 3DS has already been confirmed to have backwards compatibility with DS games. Sure, the GBA had GB comparability, but unless they completely overhaul the data structure of Pokémon again, then there's no reason to cut off continuity.

Also, Black and White were promoted as feeling more like Generation I - if they wanted to cut off connection to older games, they would have done it with them =3

Pokemonochrome or pokemon monochrome. I think it sounds better than just grey. But that's just me.

The whole alternate form makes since, so dragon3 could be somewhat crimson colored. Just watch nintendo surprise us though, and make it something completely crazy.

Crimson makes sense because it doesn't make sense. "Black" makes no sense when Reshiram is the mascot. Likewise, "White" doesn't make any sense when Zekrom's black.

But the difference in color was a color switch between the two games. The white Pokemon on the black game and the black Pokemon on the white game. To use a gray Pokemon on a crimson version would be... just having a Pokemon of one color and a Pokemon on another color.

So I don't see them having the Pokemon have a really far color from the name of the game, since this third game is supposed to be stand-alone.

Kyurem is pretty far from "crimson". And don't forget "Crimson" was trademarked by Nintendo alongside Black and White (and other less likey names).

Yeah, but so's Gray...

Csully444 said:
Also one of the characters in Pokemon Adventures is i here is Called Grey,

Where did you get this from?

But the difference in color was a color switch between the two games. The white Pokemon on the black game and the black Pokemon on the white game. To use a gray Pokemon on a crimson version would be... just having a Pokemon of one color and a Pokemon on another color.

So I don't see them having the Pokemon have a really far color from the name of the game, since this third game is supposed to be stand-alone.

First off, kyrem is light blue, not gray. May color dissonance would apply if it wasn't ice-based, but it is, so it's light blue not gray. And of course, the opposite of light blue is... you guessed, crimson! So if wu-ji kyrem is the mascot, then keeping in theme of opposite colors, then it's crimson, not gray. But then if you consider the Taiji form that it will probably have based on the fact that taiji is the only part missing from the daoist theme, and that giratina got an alt form for platinum, then the name would be closer to something meaning light blue.

First off, kyrem is light blue, not gray. May color dissonance would apply if it wasn't ice-based, but it is, so it's light blue not gray. And of course, the opposite of light blue is... you guessed, crimson! So if wu-ji kyrem is the mascot, then keeping in theme of opposite colors, then it's crimson, not gray. But then if you consider the Taiji form that it will probably have based on the fact that taiji is the only part missing from the daoist theme, and that giratina got an alt form for platinum, then the name would be closer to something meaning light blue.

But he IS Grey And His Dex Color is GREY.

646.png
look at his Body and tell me that isn't Grey?

Back
Top Bottom