• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

look at his head and tell me it isn't light blue.
That is blue, not gray.

look at his head and tell me it isn't light blue.
That is blue, not gray.

That light blue color is still closer to Gray than crimson is. Is like Ho-oh being on Pokemon Gold when it's mainly orange. Or Venusaur being on Green when it's main body is light blue.

It's ice. It's not light blue. It's light passing through frozen water and reflecting back light, as well as the gray skin underneath.

It's ice. It's not light blue. It's light passing through frozen water and reflecting back light, as well as the gray skin underneath.

^Yeah.

I love how the opposite colour thing with the version legendaries threw people off and has them going to the most absurd names. Difference is that they were done that way for a reason, Yin-Yang. Tying it into the story. Kyurem most fits Gray, for the same sorts of reasons. Crimson...? How does that fit into the overall plot of the story?

^Yeah.

I love how the opposite colour thing with the version legendaries threw people off and has them going to the most absurd names. Difference is that they were done that way for a reason, Yin-Yang. Tying it into the story. Kyurem most fits Gray, for the same sorts of reasons. Crimson...? How does that fit into the overall plot of the story?
Well, tell me how Platinum makes sense with Diamond and Pearl.

Crimson can make sense if they give it a good back story.

Similar kind of expensive thing? :p

Still makes more sense than Crimson being with B&W.

Diamonds are generally the peak of gems, pearls are the peak of ocean-based jewelry, and platinum is the peak of coins and industrial need as a metal, sometimes being much more expensive as gold.

thats how i thought anyways

Diamonds are generally the peak of gems, pearls are the peak of ocean-based jewelry, and platinum is the peak of coins and industrial need as a metal, sometimes being much more expensive as gold.

thats how i thought anyways

Yeah, he said it well ^

If it's Crimson that means the Box Pokemon will be Crimgan.

After learning more about the story, I think Grey would work wonderfully for a third version with Kyurem. N wants Pokemon and humans to be as separate as black and white, while you as the player are trying to maintain the world in a blend of the two; a shade of grey, if you will.

Whatever it is, it's not quite clear how Kyurem would fit into such a game's story. We don't know much about its relationship with Reshiram and Zekrom (and likely won't until said third version is released). From legends in Kagome town we learn that it arrived in a meteor (it's known that Reshiram and Zekrom were once the same Pokemon, but not where that Pokemon came from).

Perhaps in Grey version N won't give the player an opportunity to claim one of the dragons, and instead they will have to seek out Kyurem to even the odds?

But the yin/yang of black and white is connected to wuji/taiji, and kyrem's normal form is wuji, and so if it is given a taiji form, then it will use the color of the wuji form as the color.

Grey/Gray seems to be the logical choice, what with Kyurem and all, but has anyone considered Pokémon Purple? With Genosect?

"Pokémon HellYeahWe'reStillInMotherFeckingBusiness Version"

After all, I doubt GameFreak expected Black and White to sell THAT much.

Seriously though, Grey makes the most sense.

I'm actually wondering whether they will do a third version as they have in the past. They certainly left a few sequel hooks in the game.

I'm actually wondering whether they will do a third version as they have in the past. They certainly left a few sequel hooks in the game.

Why would they break a pattern that works? Besides, the third version is typically made to fix and expand the predecessors in different ways (usually for the good).

I'm not saying they would because that pattern has worked. But then, so has Pokemon without a complex plot. Yet they decided to add one in for once and did a very good job of it. They did say this was the gen where patterns would be broken.

I do hope it follows like it has in the past, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Back
Top Bottom