• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I have to agree with gray
And I think they will add an item that changes Kyurem into it's original form before resh and zek were toren apart and created by the brothers seeking truth and ideals
I also think the story will revolve around that and N will be forced to use the alternate form to try to take over the world

And ruby and sapphire totally need remakes

the third version name could be Grey/gray, but Kyurem will not be grey in the cover, his new forme will be something that represents energy-plasma before losing energy with the separation from rom/ram, with flashy colors like yellow/red

The problem with Grey is all the monetary issues that will arise from the name change between the US and British versions. Nah, it's gonna be called... Okay, I am rubbish at this kind of speculation.

the third version name could be Grey/gray, but Kyurem will not be grey in the cover, his new forme will be something that represents energy-plasma before losing energy with the separation from rom/ram, with flashy colors like yellow/red

This. I heard somewhere above about Kyurem fusing with Reshi/Zeki. Perhaps it's new form will just be it's new form will simply be it's restored form. There has be speculation that the dragon that Reshi and Zeki split from might have been Kyurem.

The problem with Grey is all the monetary issues that will arise from the name change between the US and British versions. Nah, it's gonna be called... Okay, I am rubbish at this kind of speculation.

I doubt they would bother changing the name just for a spelling difference, it's not quite like a translation issue. As far as I know the Gameboy Color was sold in the UK as just that.

I am wondering if the mascot of the version be Cobalion, Virizion or Terrakion? It will make sense if they want Keldeo to make an appearance in the game. That also means that they will have to trade Keldeo to White or Black, to open up something else like Meloetta in White and Genesect in Black.

I am wondering if the mascot of the version be Cobalion, Virizion or Terrakion? It will make sense if they want Keldeo to make an appearance in the game. That also means that they will have to trade Keldeo to White or Black, to open up something else like Meloetta in White and Genesect in Black.

I seriously doubt it.

Firstly, Keldeo won't have any role in the game outside of a downloadable event. That's been the case with event-exclusive legendaries in every other generation: if it's event-exclusive in the first iteration of games, you'll need an event to get it in the third version as well. They could add a new downloadable event that lets you battle and capture it, but that's as far as they'll go. And Keldeo CAN'T unlock Meloetta or Genesect in Black/White: that'd have to have been programmed in already, and it wasn't.

Secondly, the version legendary is decidedly going to be Kyurem. In Ruby and Sapphire, Rayquaza's role as a legend was largely unexplained, even though it shared the motifs of Kyogre and Groudon. In Emerald, it was the version legendary. In Diamond and Pearl, Giratina's role as a legend was largely unexplained, even though it shared the motifs of Dialga and Palkia. In Platinum, it was the version legendary. You could raise Crystal Version as a counterexample to this formula, but the difference is that Ho-Oh and Lugia had no third counterpart, an issue which has been fixed for the past two generations of version legendaries. I don't see them changing that and going back to the unbalanced system of Gold/Silver/Crystal, when Kyurem serves as a fairly obvious third counterpart to the legendaries of Black and White.

I seriously doubt it.

Firstly, Keldeo won't have any role in the game outside of a downloadable event. That's been the case with event-exclusive legendaries in every other generation: if it's event-exclusive in the first iteration of games, you'll need an event to get it in the third version as well. They could add a new downloadable event that lets you battle and capture it, but that's as far as they'll go. And Keldeo CAN'T unlock Meloetta or Genesect in Black/White: that'd have to have been programmed in already, and it wasn't.

Secondly, the version legendary is decidedly going to be Kyurem. In Ruby and Sapphire, Rayquaza's role as a legend was largely unexplained, even though it shared the motifs of Kyogre and Groudon. In Emerald, it was the version legendary. In Diamond and Pearl, Giratina's role as a legend was largely unexplained, even though it shared the motifs of Dialga and Palkia. In Platinum, it was the version legendary. You could raise Crystal Version as a counterexample to this formula, but the difference is that Ho-Oh and Lugia had no third counterpart, an issue which has been fixed for the past two generations of version legendaries. I don't see them changing that and going back to the unbalanced system of Gold/Silver/Crystal, when Kyurem serves as a fairly obvious third counterpart to the legendaries of Black and White.

So what you think Suicune's role is in the undiscovered Crystal version for? Suicune is a part of a trio of Pokemon that is not Lugia or Ho-oh. It depends of who they want to advertise of any of the legendaries.

So what you think Suicune's role is in the undiscovered Crystal version for? Suicune is a part of a trio of Pokemon that is not Lugia or Ho-oh. It depends of who they want to advertise of any of the legendaries.

I answered that question in the very comment you replied to. >_<

The only reason Suicune was used in Crystal version was because there was no third counterpart to Lugia and Ho-Oh. Game Freak has wised up since then, and has designed a third counterpart to each pair of version legendaries since Generation III. In each case, said third counterpart shares many motifs of the other two, but its connection to the other two isn't fully fleshed out until the third version. That was the case with Rayquaza; it was the case with Giratina; and you can bet it'll be the case with Kyurem as well.

According to Bulbapedia there's a gummi in Mystery Dungeon games called the "Grey Gummi."

I don't think the Gray/Grey thing is a really big problem either. And imo, Gray/Grey makes the most sense. Other than that, Brown, or maybe Crimson, but beyond that... I don't see how really any guess would make more sense than Gray.

And no, we didn't get Bronze or Platinum with G/S, for example, but is Crystal so radically far off that we can guess some of the guesses some of you are saying? No offense...

Grey makes the most sense(If not the only one that makes sense) because the Mascot to the third version is undeniably Kyurem which is grey.

Grey makes the most sense(If not the only one that makes sense) because the Mascot to the third version is undeniably Kyurem which is grey.

It is our most likely option, but it doesn't negate the fact that Game Freak has thrown several curveballs our way before.

Only Prism and Opal make sense, unless Kyurem got a type change which isn't likely.

As for the possibility of Grey being announced soon... It seems way too early honestly, but who knows.

English release dates:
R/B 1998 Yellow 1999
G/S 2000 Crystal 2001
R/S 2003 FR/LG 2004 Emerald 2005

As you can see, main series games being yearly WAS a very common thing.

Except:
D/P 2006 PBR 2007 Platinum 2008

Gen 4 is the one where things changed, you could even say that it started in gen 3, where there was also two years at least between the main pair and the third version remakes. If followed normally then:

Pokemon Grey 2012/2013 Unless Nintendo went completely back to their original pattern, which I kinda doubt, because there is no reason for them to end Gen 5 so early.

Japan's the country that makes the games.

Japanese release dates:
R/G 1996 Blue 1996 Yellow/Pikachu 1998
G/S 1999 Crystal 2000
R/S 2002 FR/LG 2004 Emerald 2004
D/P 2006 Platinum 2008 HG/SS 2009
B/W 2010

I'd say Gray in 2012 or later. Definitely do not think it's this year.

Only Prism and Opal make sense, unless Kyurem got a type change which isn't likely.

As for the possibility of Grey being announced soon... It seems way too early honestly, but who knows.

Kyurem is grey. Why doesn't Gray make sense then, but instead only Opal and Prism?

Specially when even you refer to this game as "Grey" insteead of just "the thid version" or something similar.

It has to be grey or else the other two wouldn't fit in. Think about it, in the other generations the mascot was always the opposite color of the version, and then the third version basicly matched they color with the mascot. And the games went with the trio in them, so for this third game it would have to be grey to fit with Kyurem and the other two games.

Kyurem is grey. Why doesn't Gray make sense then, but instead only Opal and Prism?

Specially when even you refer to this game as "Grey" insteead of just "the thid version" or something similar.

Whoops, sorry. What I meant was that if they went with another name besides Grey, then only Prism/Opal would make sense. Because besides Grey, Prism or Opal fit with *Kyurem's* current color best.

Grey is the obvious choice, and the one that will most likely choose, but if not then I can only see it being Prism or Opal.

Japan's the country that makes the games.

Japanese release dates:
R/G 1996 Blue 1996 Yellow/Pikachu 1998
G/S 1999 Crystal 2000
R/S 2002 FR/LG 2004 Emerald 2004
D/P 2006 Platinum 2008 HG/SS 2009
B/W 2010

I'd say Gray in 2012 or later. Definitely do not think it's this year.

This still fits my reasoning. If they keep the current trend *Instead of the old trend* then it will be one more year until Grey comes out.
(2 years inbetween the paired games and the third game)

Last edited:

The only reason I can see for Opal or Prism is that the first two games were Black and White, and neither of those being colors, something representative of all of the colors of the rainbow would be appropriate. Kyurem, however, isn't opalescent, and therefore, if Kyurem were to be the mascot, it would most likely be gray, an amalgamation of the two initial titles.

There wasn't a problem with Sonic Colors.

Also, let me throw in my speculation: there'll be a Stadium game for Wii coming out, and there'll be another one (a la XD) that will include new formes from Gray and will even let new formes be used in B/W; for Wii's recently announced successor.

Back
Top Bottom