• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I don't think it will be pokémon grey. Because following that logics, Reshiram would've been the mascot of white and Zekrom of black, not vice versa like it is. Kyurem on a grey background? No that's really visible.

The only problem is that grey's invert is also grey. Maybe they'll go with chrome or something like that.

You just answered your own question. Being gray or nothing and/or oblivion, Kyruem would have no one to switch around with. It is it's own entity, no counterpart to replace it. Also, I realized BWG can relate to weather as well. Gray Snow Clouds, White Hot Sun, and Black Rain Clouds. It all fits in an odd way.

If the game isn't called Pokemon Gray I think it'll be called Pokemon Indigo or Pokemon Chrome.

New Formes
Kyurem Complete Form. - Ice/Dragon
Victini Victory Form. -Psychic/Fighting

Moveset Changes(just a few of my ideas.)

Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant line
Flame Charge- Move Relearner Unfezant only.
Brave Bird - Move Relearner Unfezant only.
Gust
Growl
Leer
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Air Cutter
Roost
Detect
Aerial Ace
Air Slash
Taunt
Featherdance
Night Slash
Facade
Hypnosis
Sky Attack.

I think some people might have a problem with grey because they don't see it as an exciting color but it makes logical sense if they're going to make a 3rd one based on a color.

I think some people might have a problem with grey because they don't see it as an exciting color but it makes logical sense if they're going to make a 3rd one based on a color.

Well, it's not like Yellow did much for most people (or Pearl for that matter). I don't think that will stop Game Freak from naming it that.

its unlikely to be on the 3DS since B/W are DS games.

Unlikely, but not impossible. Remember, Crystal was a Game Boy Color game, while Gold and Silver were Game Boy games (even though they had added features on the GBC). The question is, could a 3DS game communicate with a DS game? For that matter, can a person playing a DS game on the 3DS use wireless communication with a regular DS playing the same game? I assume yes for the second, and if that's the case then the first could be made to work...

I figure gray will be for the 3DS. TBH making B/W for the DS was really weird, and I figure that with the slower-than-expected sales of the 3DS Nintendo will really want to do whatever they can to drive up sales. Making gray for the 3DS would do that.

@Mitchman

Reshiram/Zekrom were explicitly stated to be a Dragon when they were fused as one.

If something funky like Kyurem getting Fire & Electric forms happened, and it lost its Dragon typing, then logically neither of those two forms would be his original form. Both Resh/Zek need to fuse into Kyurem, not simply one or the other.

Its far more likely that Kyurem will simply recieve an origin forme similar to how Giratina did in Platinum.

As for the ability he might recieve, I honestly don't know. Is there an ability that allows him to not have to charge Cold/Flare & Freeze/Bolt?

Also for stats:
125/150/90/150/90/95 = 700

My reasoning is that hes the second highest level pokemon in the game after Arceus. (ignore Magicarp) So his BST will likely be the second highest as well. *Nintendo might surprise me however*

Unlikely, but not impossible. Remember, Crystal was a Game Boy Color game, while Gold and Silver were Game Boy games (even though they had added features on the GBC). The question is, could a 3DS game communicate with a DS game? For that matter, can a person playing a DS game on the 3DS use wireless communication with a regular DS playing the same game? I assume yes for the second, and if that's the case then the first could be made to work...

We could see a 3D Gray as long as you could trade between BW and Gray. Otherwise, it's out of the picture.

I figure gray will be for the 3DS. TBH making B/W for the DS was really weird, and I figure that with the slower-than-expected sales of the 3DS Nintendo will really want to do whatever they can to drive up sales. Making gray for the 3DS would do that.

Game Freak has to be up to making it on the 3DS before they make it on the 3DS. Emerald came out after the release of the DS, and was on the GBA.

You just answered your own question. Being gray or nothing and/or oblivion, Kyruem would have no one to switch around with. It is it's own entity, no counterpart to replace it. Also, I realized BWG can relate to weather as well. Gray Snow Clouds, White Hot Sun, and Black Rain Clouds. It all fits in an odd way.

No, I did not answer my own question.

kyurem.png

Look at this. Kyurem is lucky to have to lightblue wings, or he wouldn't be noticable at all.

In order to sell a game, you want to make the package stand out so that people will buy it more quickly. By putting something grey (Kyurem) against a grey background, you're effectively lowering its notability. That is probably also the reason they made Reshiram mascot of Black rather than white, and vice versa for Zekrom.

No, I did not answer my own question.

kyurem.png

Look at this. Kyurem is lucky to have to lightblue wings, or he wouldn't be noticable at all.

In order to sell a game, you want to make the package stand out so that people will buy it more quickly. By putting something grey (Kyurem) against a grey background, you're effectively lowering its notability. That is probably also the reason they made Reshiram mascot of Black rather than white, and vice versa for Zekrom.

I am pretty sure that when designing the box cover, they aren't just going to put it against a gray background. There are many ways that they could spice it up to make it more noticeable.

I agree with Blazaking EX. Look at the RBY boxart. Those pokemon were the color of their box, and yet those boxes looked pretty good.

I really don't think the color of the version should be impacted by a marketing scheme. I'm not sure which comes first in most cases, but the mascot is meant to have a similar color scheme to the version. They didn't put Resh on Black, and Zek on White as a marketing tactic. It has to do with the philosophy the B/W was based on: duality. The third version would be a mixture of these two sides, or an absence of either side. Kyurem represents Wuji, which is why it is the Boundary Pokemon. It's the boundary between every opposite that Reshiram and Zekrom stand for. But, Kyurem has been theorized to be the original dragon that Resh and Zek came from, so this may represent a mixture of Black and White, therefore, Pokemon Grey/Gray Version. Not so much a marketing tactic.

I am pretty sure that when designing the box cover, they aren't just going to put it against a gray background. There are many ways that they could spice it up to make it more noticeable.
Note Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald versions, with their very red, very blue, and very green mascots.

Despite being the same general colour as their boxart, these mascots pulled it off pretty well.

And chances of them using the same shade of grey as Kyurem, and a single solid grey like the example given? Very unlikely considering the boxarts have never been one solid colour.

Fun fact: Platinum version actually used Giratina's colour scheme without it looking bad

Really guys.

Why is the name of the game such a big deal?
They can name the game pokemon patrat version for all I care.

The name /=\ Quality of Gameplay

Really guys.

Why is the name of the game such a big deal?
They can name the game pokemon patrat version for all I care.

The name /=\ Quality of Gameplay

Well, the name of the game reveals a lot about what it entails, including plot, among other things.

Back
Top Bottom