• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

Game Freak has to be up to making it on the 3DS before they make it on the 3DS. Emerald came out after the release of the DS, and was on the GBA.

Not in Japan. Emerald came out in September 2004 and the DS came out in December 2004.

All they'd have to do is toss a shadow behind Kyurem, or make the grey in a gradient, and it would look just fine.

So since most people keep mentioning the Gray aspect of a game version, I'm thinking Pokemon Rainbow would be a bigger game.(Hopefully for the Wii)

Since when?

Every game since Crystal -- the title of the game is related to the box legendary, and the box legendary is key to the plot.

Caseydia: Don't expect a fourth version -- the only time they did that was in Gen I, and that's because the third version in the US was different from the third version in Japan, so they rereleased it in Japan.

What are the reasons people think he would be cut? He's a huge part of the plotline. I don't see why that would happen, could somebody explain please?

Random speculation. I will give out a million internets if GF makes such a huge change to the plotline of the tertiary title.

There have been minor changes (adding Charon and the Distortion World in Platinum, making both teams the enemy and a new Champion and Gym Leader in Emerald, the addition of Eusine and the status elevation of Suicune in Crystal) to the third titles. Never anything as big as removing a major character or a drastic change in plans of the enemy team.

I am pretty sure that when designing the box cover, they aren't just going to put it against a gray background. There are many ways that they could spice it up to make it more noticeable.

One possibility is that they could use a checkerboard pattern akin to the one on Black and White's covers, but with black on one side, white on the other, and an entire greyscale in between. That'd certainly liven it up.

There have been minor changes (adding Charon and the Distortion World in Platinum, making both teams the enemy and a new Champion and Gym Leader in Emerald, the addition of Eusine and the status elevation of Suicune in Crystal) to the third titles. Never anything as big as removing a major character or a drastic change in plans of the enemy team.

Now that I think about it, nothing major has ever really been removed, but lots of stuff has been added. So I'd expect to see N in Gray.

I'm agreeing with "grey" version since the possible mascot for the 3rd version would be obviously KYUREM
Spr_5b_646.png
and he's grey color. And reading his origin that is based of Wuji which is like limitless or "absence" of energies and grey seems to portray dullness or absence.

Of course they are going to make a third version. I don't know about the name though, If it is Grey, how is it going to be spelled? Gray or Grey? I realise how small of a problem that is but hey.

I think they'll go more into N's story, because all we know really is that his dad is Ghetsis and that he is the king of team Plasma.

Or maybe what he does after the battle at N's castle?

It'll probably be Grey, since they went with Color back in the 90s.

It's most likely gonna be grey since it's more or less Kyurem's primary color. Do you guys think it will be for all DSs or is Nintendo gonna troll us and make it a 3DS exclusive?

Of course they are going to make a third version. I don't know about the name though, If it is Grey, how is it going to be spelled? Gray or Grey? I realise how small of a problem that is but hey.

You do know they can separate the US from the rest of the world and sell it as Gray in the US and Grey in the commonwealth.

It's most likely gonna be grey since it's more or less Kyurem's primary color. Do you guys think it will be for all DSs or is Nintendo gonna troll us and make it a 3DS exclusive?

The 3DS is compatible with DS and DSi so there's really no such thing as an exclusive for that particular handheld.

You do know they can separate the US from the rest of the world and sell it as Gray in the US and Grey in the commonwealth.

It'd be a waste of time. Like I said before, afaik the Gameboy Color was sold as just that worldwide, I've never seen official packaging with Gameboy Colour. American English is used worldwide more than British English, so I would predict it would just be called Gray. It's not like anyone is going to misunderstand the meaning either way it's spelled.

Last edited:
The 3DS is compatible with DS and DSi so there's really no such thing as an exclusive for that particular handheld.

What I think they meant was that if they released it as a 3DS game, which therefore cannot be played on the DS(i).

The 3DS is backwards compatible, yes. It can play all games released for the DS. But games made exclusively for the 3DS wont be playable on the older systems.

Having said that, I doubt the third game will be released exclusively for the 3DS. That will be saved for Gen VI.

Edit- ninja'd! Damn my pokey typing fingers!

What I think they meant was that if they released it as a 3DS game, which therefore cannot be played on the DS(i).

lol that makes more sense then. I doubt they'd do that anyway, and I'm sure it'd just make extra work for them to change the format.

Back
Top Bottom