• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I'd just like to point out that Pokémon Brown and Prism are too of the best known Pokémon ROM Hacks, so it seems a bit unlikely to me that Nintendo would use either of those names, as they wouldn't want to bring even more attention to those. Just my two cents, though.

I'd just like to point out that Pokémon Brown and Prism are too of the best known Pokémon ROM Hacks, so it seems a bit unlikely to me that Nintendo would use either of those names, as they wouldn't want to bring even more attention to those. Just my two cents, though.

Pokemon Diamond . . .

Platinum was a fairly popular Gold/Silver remake (3rd gen hack), and as was also pointed out, Diamond was another ROM hack

Diamond wasn't exactly a hack, it was a completely different game that called itself Pokémon for no reason, but I see your point. Didn't think of that.

Also diamond and jade WERE hacks but of two games that weren't pokemon, the hacking was just a translation to english

If it is Quartz,for arceus knows what reason they'd do that, I will truly shit bricks

>> being that Quartz is my favorite Hack EVAR

But Im sticking to Spectrum,like I said on the first page

I'm hoping they have move tutors in the third version. It would greatly help pokemon like gigigear who have good stats, but an awful movepool.

Crimson makes sense because it doesn't make sense. "Black" makes no sense when Reshiram is the mascot. Likewise, "White" doesn't make any sense when Zekrom's black.

Kyurem is pretty far from "crimson". And don't forget "Crimson" was trademarked by Nintendo alongside Black and White (and other less likey names).

I'm hoping they have move tutors in the third version. It would greatly help pokemon like gigigear who have good stats, but an awful movepool.

I definitely expect them to. It's likely the sole reason they weren't included in Black and White was to make the third version more appealing.

If they don't I'd find it to be really odd. Other than MTs I don't really know how else BW can be improved. I've heard the E4 teams suck the first time around maybe that can change. Oh, and we must have gym leader rematches :p

Crimson makes sense because it doesn't make sense. "Black" makes no sense when Reshiram is the mascot. Likewise, "White" doesn't make any sense when Zekrom's black.
Kyurem is pretty far from "crimson". And don't forget "Crimson" was trademarked by Nintendo alongside Black and White (and other less likey names).

I definitely expect them to. It's likely the sole reason they weren't included in Black and White was to make the third version more appealing.

Yin-Yang

it does make sense

Crimson would be interesing, as together with black and white it make the colors of a pokeball.
Opal too, as it is a gem that shines in many colors.

Guys I had a thought a minute ago.

What if the third version is for the 3DS? It would be basicly be the same but with 3D battles and stuff. You see, I don't think Game Freak can wait for a new set of Pokémon games to get a Pokémon game on the 3DS

That concept (balance, essentially) isn't really applied to the games. Besides, the games and their mascot still contradict, as far as color goes.

...yes it is... The Ying/Yang is crucial to the plot. Plus Their species names... White Yin and Black Yang (Or is it the other way around) Crinsom doesn't fit the theme at all Grey does in every way

Guys I had a thought a minute ago.

What if the third version is for the 3DS? It would be basicly be the same but with 3D battles and stuff. You see, I don't think Game Freak can wait for a new set of Pokémon games to get a Pokémon game on the 3DS

I'd be mad.

Grey (Hypothetic name) would make sense on the 3DS quite a fair bit considering the 3DS will probably be Game Freaks higher priority a year or two into the future and the DS would be considered "old news".

Back
Top Bottom