• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I agree that the Vs. Seeker should be brought back. My guess is that they'll add more features to the battle subway too, though it's not necessarily needed. In all honesty I thought the battle frontier in Platinum was a bit of a waste. The tower is the only one I like.

I'm also not sure about Genosect. If we're talking another cartridge for it to use, I'm sure that's entirely possible (STAB Bug or Steel anyone?). But if we're talking an entirely new form like Giratina or Shaymin, I could actually see that too. If Genosect gets an entirely new form not just a new cassette, it would probably be an "origin" form like Giratina, a form where it doesn't have the cannon on its back but is instead a pure bug type that's fairly ordinary (but still powerful). I don't see this as too farfetched. It sticks with some of the themes of peace and of other Daoist/Taoist ideals that the other games have.

A grey version makes sense, but pink? Uh... I don't think it'll happen at least for the current generation.

The last ever game = Pokemon: The Hero's Final Journey

3rd installment to Black & White = Pokemon Mist !!!!! Mist is kind of grey and thats my original idea Pokemon Mist !!!! I claim that name !

I was the first to say Mist ! :D

And on that Note goodnight friends ..>:)

Not sure whether I said this already or not, but they need to make a remake of Yellow Version.

On Topic: Pokemon Gray or Chrome, like Blue said.

Definitely Pokemon Grey. So many implications of that its not even funny. For starters-
Reshiram - White (Mascot for Black but thats besides the point)
Zekrom - Black (same applies)

Eacho of them represent yin and yang respectively. Now, Kyurem, who is grey, can be used to represent WUJI, or absence of ying/yang. Even its stats are balanced out. base 130 in each attacking stat is more Attack but less Special Attack than Reshiram. The opposite is true for Zekrom.

Hoping they make an awesome alternate form come Grey!

Considering it has a lower BST than Reshiram and Zekrom I'd bet money it will get an alternate forme.

I'm still saying maybe, maybe, but not likely it will be Opal version because they come in both black-ish, white-ish, and Gray-ish varieties. This plays on the concept of the "zero" having limitless potential, and the idea that when you combine "yin" Zekrom, and "yang" Reshiram you get more then just Gray. You get the "whole", and shows the beauty of the change, and variety in that whole.

opal_black.gif
opal_semi_black.gif
opal_white.gif

But yes I think it will be gray. I just hope it won't. I like Gray (Its my second favorite color) It just isn't the best choice from a design or advertisement point-of-view.

pokémon arsenic !

arsenic is a shade of gray, and it's also a chemical element. though its scientific definition is pretty much irrelevant to the black & white story. but it'd be really interesting to have them make some sort of retcon of the current story. team plasma could release some sort of biological agent (arsenic in this case) which would poison the population/pokémon of unova, but you'd find a cure which... would be in zekrom/reshiram/kyurem's immune system. most likely kyurem.

but i'm also one of those people who wish that a pokémon OTHER than kyruem would end up being the center of the story.

Going off the fact that Kyurem is almost definitely going to be the third box mascot, Gray/Grey or Clear would be the most obvious and fitting choices. With either name, it could add an interesting layer to the black/white distinctions that are brought up in the game.

Also, with the whole "opposite" motif for Reshiram and Zekrom, the opposite of gray is gray. Interesting...

now with the 3DS announcement, we can say bye to the third game on the 3DS

I think Kyurem will have a different form with more ice on its body.

Again, I ask why does this exclude the third game from the 3DS. I want an explanation.

I'm hoping it won't be exclusive for 3DS. That'd break off the tradition of having a third game on a same handheld as its two first-releases.

Last edited:
Again, I ask why does this exclude the third game from the 3DS. I want an explanation.

As do I. The announcement that Black and White will have 3DS enhancements only makes me think it is more likely.

-Using Black/White 3DS features to bridge the transition from DS to 3DS seems logical, and somewhat similar to the Gold/Silver to Crystal transition.

-It would be incredibly annoying if they released the special edition version on the DS and then brought remakes to the 3DS.

-After taking the time to make over 150 critters including 4 event pokemon, I have severe doubts that they plan on rushing through this generation in only 2-3 years.

-Releasing a 3DS gen 5 game would save the time and resources needed to make 649+ character models or several times that many Sprites for the generation 6 games.

Complaints that the special edition version shouldn't be released on the 3DS because you don't have or want a 3DS is incredibly short sighted. Whether you want it or not Pokemon will come to the 3DS at some point. I promise, when you get a 3DS any pokemon game for it will be available.

Melkor, webmaster of Pokéxperto posted a link on his twitter to a Spanish gaming website which contained the following interview (translated using babelfish, so please ignore the terrible grammar):
The European official presentation of Pokémon took place in London yesterday White Edition/Negra Edition and MeriStation was present in the event. During the same, besides proving of first hand the game, we could interview to some of its people in charge to know which had been the keys to approach this Fifth Generation. Next you will be able to read the complete interview, but so far repescamos an interesting declaration Ibe Manna.

White & Black Pokémon

Asked for the decision to send the game in DS being 3DS on the lookout, it explained that “Era the moment for sending a new delivery with new features. We think that it is truly important that people play Pokémon of way continued in the time, which does not mean that gameplay is very repetitive with other editions. Nintendo DS seems to us a brilliant platform, and 3DS also, but these editions are thought for DS.”.

Historically the games of each generation have had a third cartridge that added certain new features, case of Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum. We ask then for a hypothetical “Gray” edition and if it would get to appear in 3DS. Ibe was opposite the idea, assuring that “No, for nothing. We have finished to this delivery with Black and White version.” to be fulfilled its words, the unique generation of the saga without this later edition would be this one. You follow kind MeriStation to read the rest of the interview and our impressions with the game in its European edition.

The important quote:

We ask then for a hypothetical “Gray” edition and if it would get to appear in 3DS. Ibe was opposite the idea, assuring that “No, for nothing. We have finished to this delivery with Black and White version.” to be fulfilled its words, the unique generation of the saga without this later edition would be this one.

Who is this Ibe Manna? I've searched and I find nothing on him.

EDIT: Oh, Mana Ibe, who reputedly created some of the pokemon in B/W. o.o But...why? The way it's worded makes it sound like there IS no third version...at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe one little question inspired a 70+ page topic. Sorry that this is completely off topic, I just had to say that.

Back
Top Bottom