• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: This fanfic idea won't leave me alone... Looking for Idea Board (and maybe co-author?)

Audrelite

We're all alone in our universe
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
So... I find myself in a rather perplexing predicament, one that has been gnawing at the edges of my consciousness for the better part of a year now. You see, I have been inexplicably drawn to the idea of writing a fic that revolves around three Dark-type Pokémon — an Absol, Umbreon, and Zoroark — each with their own unique personalities and traumas, who by some twist of fate find themselves crossing paths in the beginning of the story and forging an unbreakable bond—a found family, if you will, with the added complexity of romantic love blossoming between two of them.

As a writer who places a strong emphasis on character development and exploration, I have already invested a considerable amount of mental energy into fleshing out the unique personalities and traumatic backstories of this intriguing trio. However, beyond these initial character sketches, I find myself grappling with the daunting prospect of venturing into uncharted literary territories: writing from the perspective of Pokémon, writing very dark angst, and most of all, writing a novel-length work.

I find myself at a loss as to why this particular idea has taken such a firm hold on me, given my aforementioned lack of concrete details and my admitted inexperience with many of the key components that would be necessary to bring this story to fruition. I can only attribute this persistent fixation to some deeper, ineffable creative impulse that refuses to be silenced, no matter how ill-equipped I may feel to do it justice.

I apologize for the somewhat rambling and discursive nature of this post, but I felt it necessary to provide some context for the request that I am about to make. I'm hoping that someone might be willing to serve as an idea soundboard, a collaborative partner in the brainstorming process as I attempt to give form and substance to this nebulous concept that has taken hold of my imagination. Furthermore, if anyone should find themselves particularly inspired by this premise and possessed of a desire to take a more active role in its development, I would be more than open to the possibility of a co-authorship arrangement. I believe that the right partnership could provide the necessary impetus and accountability to transform this idea from a mere figment of my imagination into a fully realized work of fanfiction.

Don't know how involved I can get (especially with the darker aspects), but Pokemon POV is intriguing :oops:

I think there is merit to a story that focuses on character more than plot, especially as a way to explore nonhuman perspectives and especially as a way to explore the Pokemon world from the Pokemon's perspective.

For starters: is this a mainline verse, or PMD verse fic? How do the three meet? What keeps them together (is it an internal or external motivation)? Who are the characters?

Here's essentially what I've got so far:

Angela, an Absol plagued by insecurity and self-doubt, bears the scars of a life spent as an outcast, shunned by those who fear her species' supposed connection to disaster and misfortune. Despite the constant rejection and ostracization, even by other Pokémon, she remains determined to prove her worth and find her place in a world that seems all too eager to cast her aside.

Hart, an Umbreon with a past shrouded in mystery, is found near-unconscious in the depths of a cave by Angela. As they exit the cave together, Hart finds himself inexplicably drawn to the kindhearted Absol, developing a deep sense of attachment and a fervent desire to repay the debt of her compassion, even as he grapples with the lingering shadows of his own abandonment.

Presley, a Zoroark whose brash and headstrong demeanor serves as a facade, concealing the overwhelming grief that consumes her in the wake of an unspeakable loss. When she crosses paths with Angela and Hart during a tumultuous encounter with a swarm of hostile Pokémon in said cave, Presley's fierce exterior and quick thinking prove invaluable, forging an unlikely alliance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom