• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

This is not an Academy RP (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As you all know, we have a proliferation of academy RPs in Bulba RP land.

As your lord and savior (and section head), I have determined that it is time for me to finally run my own RP. I know. Shocking.

I've never actually GMed an RP that I created (I was head GM of KPU for about a year? year and a half? somewhere around there...) so I figured now is a good time. Because why not, right?

Now as you can see, this will not be an academy RP. No schoolwork, no training classes, no dormitories. None of that nonsense.

So now you may be asking yourselves, what does the great and glorious Mako / HiPS / Hide in Plain Sight have planned for us?

The answer to that question is that... well...

I don't have a plan.

Kidding. Of course I do.

This RP is going to be epic. It's going to be a journey. You will feel for your characters. You may cry. You will certainly feel that your time was well spent. That is the promise I will make to you. This RP is going to be a blast.

So now for the nitty gritty.

THE RULES:

1. No godmoding. Godmoding is bad.
2. Avoid tennising. An exchange of two or three posts in a row (5-6 total posts by two people) isn't bad. But don't fill a whole page with inane conversation. It's annoying to read (especially if it serves minimal purpose and doesn't provide character development)
3. Post length. Come on people, make an effort. I'm not saying you need to write Atlas Shrugged in every single post. But make it more than three words. Describe things. Be creative.
4. If you've read these rules, tell me something about yourself that I probably wouldnt know about you in a PM
5. Have fun.
6. Don't talk about 'This is not an Academy RP'
7. Don't talk about 'This is not an Academy RP'
8. As RP section head, and thus god of this realm, I reserve the right to add / delete / modify these rules if I see fit.
9. If you break the rules.

- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: Probation (48 hour thread ban)
- Third offense: Permaban from the thread

Also, I reserve the right to give out forum infractions if forum rules are broken.

Signups:

Name: Dudes, your character has to have a name
Age: Now this is where I start getting into the fun. Make your character any age. A kid starting out his/her journey? Fine. An elderly and wise trainer? Go for it.
Sexuality: don't give a shit. whatever you want.
Description: I don't give a shit about what your character is wearing in this. Because people change their clothes. But I want to know what they themselves look like. Go into detail.
Personality: This is the meat of the character. What makes them tick? Likes? Dislikes? Quirks? Again, be creative and detailed.
History: Flexible here. Sometimes it takes some time to flesh out a character in thread before finalizing their background. But I need a solid base that we can build on. Also, once you make a background, stick to it.

Pokemon: Go nuts. Have one, five, ten, twenty, a hundred. But remember, you can't carry more than six and you can't have any legendaries.

Other information: The most memorable characters are unique. What makes your character special? Think this one through.

Now my more attentive readers are probably realizing that I haven't said a word about what the plot of this RP is going to be. And yes. I haven't. There's a reason for this. I want you all to sign up before I make the plot.

There is a reason behind this. I'm doing an experiment. I want to see if the characters can shape the plot (rather than the plot shaping the characters). All I can tell you about the plot is that it's not going to be an academy. And that it's going to be a crazy 'effing ride.

So if you're in for an adventure unlike any we've seen before on bulba, sign up and let's see what happens.

- HiPS / Mako

Last edited:
Might as well (I don't know HOW many RPs I'm in)

Name: Sage Agrippa

Sexuality: Straight, but still has a high chance of becoming Bisexual

Description: Human Twilight.png

Personality: Sage is a bit of an Anti Social, she's surrounded by idiots. She is very intelligent and neat, but also has a bit of an OCD problem. She'll often freak out if she fails something or if something doesn't go as planned.

History: Sage was held up to a high standard from a young age. Her older brother was always getting awards for academic and athletic achievement, and she was held up to the same high standard. She ended up neglecting other facets of her life in order to make sure she got the best grades. For a while, this worked. Her parents were proud of her accomplishments and bragged to their friends about having not just one genius child, but two. That is until a local private academy for the gifted started to become interested in her, among several other advanced students. She knew that this would be the best opportunity she could have to prove herself as the perfect child. But the pressure was high. She knew that there were limited spots for new students, and she knew that there would be a test and an essay required to get in. So she became a little desperate. She studied to the point where she would hardly eat, and never sleep. As the test closed in, she panicked, and she opted to find an essay online to copy, and during the test resorted to cheating. When she was caught, her parents were horrified. Ashamed, Sage never came out of her room because she knew she was an imperfect daughter. When she wanted to give up, Sage knew that she couldn't give in, and decided to give her life another chance.

She ran away to become a pokemon trainer for a fresh start. She recieved her starter pokemon, an Axew, and travelled her region letting go of the stress and shame of her past. But, someday, her past will rise up again to haunt her.

Pokemon: Male Axew, Male Noctowl, and Female Kirlia

It's been a long time since I Rped, this should be a good place to start again.

Name: Kiki Fi
Sexuality: heterosexual

Description: Kiki has light white skin with green eyes. She has brown hair that goes down to her shoulders. She has a light broth make on her leg that looks like the kanto. Or that she says. she is about four feet, with ten inches. She carries about ninety five pounds.

Personality: Kiki is a fairly easy going person, who likes to eat, in fact eating is her favorite thing. She Tends not to get upset over much, unless you hurt her friends/pokemon, then she will attack you. She also can have trouble focusing, and will sometimes say random things. She is very loyal to her friends, and looks on the bright side of life.

She also gets very worried that she won't live up to her parents expectations. She really wants to impress them, and is the one thing that she is always serious about. She likes to make jokes, but can sometimes have problems getting them. she's not one hundred percent sure what she wants to do with her life, and can flip flop moods.

History: Kiki was raised in Nimbasa City, where her parents were workers at a dock. She was able to make a lot of friends, but that couldn't last. much to her dismay, her parents lost their job at the docks during a bad storm season. they had to move to Accumula Town, where they were found jobs as clerks at a local grocery store.

Because of her loss of old friends, Kiki never tried to make new friends at Accumula Town, fearing that she would lose them. She never really talked to anyone at the school she went to, and focused more on her family. Soon she started wanting to please her parents, who said that she may want to go on a journey.

Pokemon: Link the Dewott (Male) Spark the Luxio (Female) Kiss the Togekiss (Female)

Other information:Kiki also gets really hyper active,or really moody, depending on the situation.

Name: Luna Hunter

Sexuality: Straight. She is a big hopeless romantic as she always dreams of a fairytale romance. However, she knows that stuff like that doesn't exist. She just wants a relationship where she can be happy, and actually have a reason to look forward to her future. She's never had a boyfriend, but would like to have one(she doesn't obsess over it or anything).

Appearance: Luna is around 5’3, and has a petite frame(D cup breast size). Her hair is a dark noir color that went to just past her shoulders. The natural curl she has makes it appear as if it was “scrunched”. Luna is also heterochromatic. Her left eye is a vibrant green(think a lighter shade of Emerald) while her right eye is baby blue. These features 'popped' against her fair, almost white color of skin. She does straighten her hair often though, so fifty percent of the time her hair is straight, and fifty percent of the time it's curly. When her hair is straightened, it falls past the midst of her back. Her body type is a slim, but she's tried to gain weight so she wouldn't look unhealthy. As a result, her body has soft curves and she doesn't look as unhealthy as she used to. She looks more filled out and in proportion. Her face is in a heart shape. She has a fairly decent complexion, her eyebrows are of average thickness as well. She does battle with oily skin, so she has to wash it at least twice a day(if not more) in order to keep from having many skin issues. She does wear make-up, but it's usually at a minimum. Average days, she wears foundation powder, black eyeliner and a pink lipgloss. When it comes to formal events, she'll wear mascara and eye shadow as well. She has a rather sweet, innocence about her.

She usually wears a lime green t-shirt with a black lightning bolt across the front. Mostly, she wears a golden necklace with a heart-shaped locket on it. It doesn't have any pictures in it yet, but she hopes one day she can put pictures in it. She also wears dark wash blue jeans, and wears black sandals. . While she keeps her dark jeans a consant factor in her wardrobe, she has multiple tops that are every color imaginable (varying from a pale pink top all the way to a bumble bee yellow). She does have different pairs of shoes as well. A pair of white tennis shoes, neon colored converse sneakers, black high tops, netural colored dressy sandals, etc. When it comes to formal wear, she will always go with a dress. One of her favorite dresses is a red, knee-length bubble dress that is strapless and has a black sash that wraps around her stomach area. She also has red heels, black heels, or silver dress sandals to wear with it. Her hair would be curled with a one inch barrel of a curling iron. She has a LBD(little black dress) that is in a bandage style, and a few other dresses. Her fashion sense appears to be punk/scene, but she adds her own twists to it. At night, she usually dresses in her nighttime lingerie consisting of black lace, red lace, and sometimes, bright pink lace lingerie.

Personality: Luna is a quiet, shy, anti-social girl at first glance. She doesn't have any friends where she’s living at, so she can only rely on her Pokemon to be her friends. Her father has raised her to have high expectations and morals. In all reality though, her standards aren’t that high but her morals are embedded into her core. She plans to do her best to stick with them at all times. Due to her father’s strict ways, she keeps up this shy, snobbish exterior. She plans on breaking free of it once she’s away from her father. Her real personality is a more humble, gentle type. She is somewhat shy when you first meet her, she’ll quickly come out of her shell and be sociable. She isn’t a ‘party girl’ or anything of the sort, but she is up for a good adventure or two. Of course, her studies come first, and she refuses to let anything else come second. Her love for writing has filled up some of the gaps of depression that she feels, but there are still skeletons that Luna refuses to let anyone know about. Not even her father knows of these skeletons. It’s uncertain if her Pokemon know of these things, but whenever they tend to get protective of her when it comes to her talking with men, especially middle-aged men. Her IQ is around 100, and her expertise is English and writing. She hopes to one day become an author, and write of her adventures, that she plans to go on, with her Pokemon. She doesn't swear much, but she will in times of extreme happiness/joy/excitement, or in times of depression and high stress. Since she has a higher IQ, she has a hard time focusing in class. However, she's eager to always learn more. When it comes to subjects such as mathematics, she just can't seem to grasp it and constantly needs to be shown how to do it. When it comes to English, writing, poetry, art, etc. she is always thirsting to learn more. Her mind is always wandering (creatively) and she uses these vessels in order to get her creativity out of her brain. When it comes to homework, she's a big procrastinator unless it's an assignment that she would enjoy doing. Nonetheless, she always gets her assignments turned in on time. Since she was so sheltered, she has no experience of dealing with people her age, especially guys. She would be nervous, and shy if she developed a crush on a guy. Eventually, she would probably open up to people and show her real side: More outgoing, flirty(without realizing it), and all while keeping most of her innocent side. She's never really had human friends; only Pokemon friends. Due to that, she doesn't exactly know how to act in social situations, and deeming her "socially awkward". In times of stress and anxiety, she tends to get really agitated and cries a lot. However, she only cries when no one is around and she's alone. Other than that, she doesn't tend to cry much. Of course, if there was a death or tragic event, she would cry. If she got rejected by a guy, she may possibly cry(this has yet to be proven). She is usually calm, but has a temper. Certain things drive her over the edge, and when she gets mad, she usually goes into a yelling match. She doesn't do anything drastic like throw things or break mirrors. After her meltdown, she ends up crying.

Back story: Luna Rose Hunter was born on December 17th, in the Pastoria City hospital. She weighed around 7 pounds, and 6 ounces. In length, she was around 21 inches long. Overall, a cute little baby. Her father couldn’t have been more happy and proud of her. However, her mother didn’t seem too thrilled with the arrival of Luna. It wasn’t until the age of six that Luna learned of her mother’s hate towards her.

One September day, her mother packed her things and left both Luna and her father. No visible reasons as to why she left, but a letter to Luna’s father made it evident that the six year old was one of the main reasons she left. That letter exposed all of this built-up jealousy towards the little girl. The letter also mentioned that her mother wanted to get back into the “modeling” industry, as it was called. In all reality, it was more of her wanting to post risqué photos on the internet to try and get famous. The only reason her mother stopped to begin with was that she had gotten pregnant, and had to marry Luna’s father. She figured the time was right to leave and continue living her life without any baggage. The letter had crushed Luna’s father, and left an impact on Luna’s life.

After that, Luna’s father packed up and moved the two to Eterna City, where he hoped they could begin a new life; a new life without the horrid memories of what happened. For the next four years, Luna’s father kept her home schooled and became a really strict parent. Some of the restrictions she was faced with seemed kind of ludicrous. Only 30 minutes of TV per day, no video games, no outdoor activities, no socialization with the other children, and her father put her into a ritual that she followed every single day. Her father did this as a way of protecting his daughter from the outside world. He worried her caring, gentle nature would cause her to get hurt, both physically and mentally. The last thing he wanted was his daughter suffering the same fate that he did when his ex-wife walked out on him. He thought this would be all it took for him to stay happy and to keep Luna safe from harm. However, when Luna started puberty, her father saw that he was going to have to make some changes. Changes were definitely made.

On her tenth birthday, Luna’s father surprised her with a birthday gift that she never expected to receive: A Pokemon.

This seemed to change Luna’s life for the better until she hit around thirteen years old. The depressive side of puberty began taking over. At night, she would often cry herself to sleep because she constantly had nightmares of her mother coming back and murdering her. This sleep cycle became routine for two months before her father took her to a psychiatrist. The Psychiatrist diagnosed Luna with manic depression. It was suggested that Luna either have more interaction with Pokemon or go to a therapist. Her father didn’t want Luna to be swayed by a therapist, so he simply agreed to get her involved with Pokemon more. At night, after everyone was asleep, he would take Luna to the Eterna Forest where she could play with some of the friendlier Pokemon. Luna had befriended a Murkrow, Misdreavus, Wurmple, Dustox, and Buneary. For months, she continued to play with them every night she could. However, these friendships didn’t last long.

One night, Luna went into the forest to visit her friends when she saw them being captured by a traveling trainer. She tried to stop the trainer, only to realize that she couldn’t get them back, no matter how hard she tried. Her heart was broken. After that night, she hasn’t set foot anywhere near the Eterna Forest.

A year later, Luna had been focusing more on her studies, and developed a new passion for writing and poetry. While she never really wrote Poetry for herself, the poems she did as school assignments were incredible. Same went with her short stories. Her father couldn’t believe how intelligent his daughter was in the subject of creative writing. Of course, Luna did well in her art, history, and science classes as well. Like her father, Luna’s weak subject was math. That didn’t stop her from her real mission: To be a Pokemon trainer. Her father was repulsed at the idea, and suggested that she continued her studies. She felt destroyed. All she wanted in life was to prove herself and her father that she could achieve her dreams of being a Pokemon trainer, all while pursuing a career of being an author. Since then, against her father's will, she's traveled around Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. She has yet to travel Unova. She's taking a small break from training and resting at her home in Eterna. She has captured a few Pokemon and trained even more. However, she has a specific few that she always keeps in her team. The other Pokemon are usually at her house, being taken care of by her father.

Pokemon in her Party:

Name: Winter
Species: Ninetales
Other: She's white instead of silver, the tips of her mane is light blue, the tips of her tail are light blue and she has blue eyes.

Name: Helena
Species: Espeon

Name: Mr. Gibles
Species: Garchomp

Name: Waldo (Wally)
Species: Walrein

Name: Norman
Species: Kricketune
Note: He's only recently joined Luna's party. He used to be the family pet.

Name: Evil Owl
Species: Noctowl

Pokemon not in Party

Name: Moo
Species: Swinub

Name: Demon
Species: Nidoking

Name: Happy
Species: Seel

Name: Panda
Species: Skitty

Name: Max
Species: Tauros

Others: Luna loves to draw, sing, and write. She does have manic depression, an anxiety disorder, and a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome. She's bringing her Cell Phone, Laptop, a fuzzy purple blanket, and a stuffed Seel Plush that she slept with when she was a baby. She's also bringing her MP3 player, and it has over 200 songs on it. Mostly songs that inspire creativity and bring out her hopeless romantic side. She does have allergies, but mostly to smoke, dust, dust mites, and heavily perfumed scents. Strong cologne also makes her somewhat queasy as the smell is sometimes too strong. She has an abnormal fear of needles, and has a very low pain tolerance. Her favorite dish is Chicken Parmesan, and she loves soda. She has a notebook that she lists all of the qualities that she wants in a boyfriend or potential mate.

I pick my nose a lot and don't find it gross AT ALL anymore yet I wash my hands obcessibly in other situations.

Name: Cain Mars
Sexuality: hetero
Description: He is 6'1 with bad posture. His head is always forward. He has pale skin, black hair and no skin irregularities. He has mongolian eyes (no indent below the eyebrows). His Iris are yellow. He has a tower sheild shaped head and ears that stick out to the side. He lacks body hair. His shoulders blades stick out. His hair is short and flat.
Personality: Cain is a very sad man. He doesn't trust anyone he talks to and will often ask people of their true motives shortly after meeting. He is very ill tempered but his rage is often calm. He snaps he doesn't yell. He is very judgmental of other people. He believes people are naturally bad and only through luck does one become good he believes this to bad luck. He beleives that pokemon are unlike people but feels no obligation to protect them. He feels pokemon training is wrong but he does not care. Hr craves knowledge of and on other people and will often randomly ask people for information hoping that the information will protect him in some way. He is not afraid of death. He feels he will go to hell by nature of being human but feels that he will find a way to get out once there. He will often put on a guise of cheer and interest but he is sad. He often wishes to be a child again and enjoys talking to children. He has no qualms with beging or abusing sympathy from other
History: Cain when he was enjoyed the sport of pokemon battles but he enjoyed watching more than doing it himself as he would lose more than he would like. He had no faith in his batting ability so obtained a normal office job and began climbing up the rank. He became head of marketing of a company which sells Pokemon. He got married to a trainer named Adrianna who was always busy. She changed her mind about wanting to have children which really angered Cain. Cain then caught her cheating on him. He divorced her swiftly. He than quit his job and begged for the parting gift of several company assets top of line Pokemon. He then set off on a journey hoping to get strong enough to defeat his ex-wife get money for defeating a great evil or gain some way to become a child again.

Pokemon: Nidoking Nidoqueen Salamance Golurk Gyrados Starmie Cloyster Snorlax Machamp Meinshao Lucario Hydreigon Elektross Raichu Tyranitar Chandelure

Other Info: He likes to go in to long villian esq speeches

Last edited:
Name: Piper Benson

Sexuality: Straight

Description: Piper is about 5'6 tall and has an almost athletic body from jogging and travelling. She has long straight raven black hair reaching past her shoulders and to her back, she often leaves it free rather then tied into a bun or ponytail. Her face is almost round shape and she has well defined cheekbones, she is considered pretty although Piper has never really cared about her looks. She often wears dark clothes because she believes it suits her, occasionally she will wear a white shirt or a red jumper.

Personality: Piper is a more of an upbeat and bubbly person who can be easy to get along with, she is loyal to friends and her Pokemon. However if she is betrayed by someone, Piper can turn into the Ice Queen. The one thing Piper loves the most is Pokemon and Battling, she has a fierce passion for it and perhaps it's because she grew up on a Pokemon Farm, and her parents being her father who went up against Cynthia the champion and tied, while her mother is an Elite Trainer (Not the Elite Four). She wants to be a Pokemon Master and hopes to raise all sorts of Pokemon.

Piper, while very friendly and kind, doesn't have many friends much as she does with her Pokemon, and the fact humanity ticks her off more then Pokemon do. She will not stand while she watches abuse to Pokemon happen, she also hates people who abuse other humanity. Her other dislikes are Bullies, Pickles, judgmental people, the word retard used in any way and sexism. Since Piper is more of a independent girl then girly girly, she will not let people be sexist towards her, those who do usually get defeated in a Pokemon battle.

On the other side, Piper's likes are: Pokemon, Battling, Collecting Badges, Pizza, Curry, Acting, Writing. While she loves all Pokemon, Piper has a fear of Banette and Shuppet due to an incident back when she was a child, she almost caught one but couldn't feeling too scared to own one.

History: Piper was born in an remote region not far from Unova with farmlands and a small town walking distance from the Pokemon Ranch she grew up on. Her parents are Amber and Charlie Benson, two well known Pokemon Trainers who opened an Ranch to raise the many Pokemon they caught and had on team. Amber was an skilled Elite Trainer and Charlie was almost Champion but never could completely defeat Cynthia. At the time of Piper's birth Charlie's Umbreon and Amber's Vaporeon had a egg which hatched into an Eevee the day Piper was born, it was her first ever Pokemon. She also has a twin brother named Charles Benson, and a sister two years younger then her named Erica.

She grew up with Eevee, playing with him and doing everything together, she also had a doll that she took everywhere with her at the ages of 4-6 before she lost the toy and it was thrown away. She learned about battling and Pokemon while growing up, and helped her parents feed and take care of the Pokemon on the Ranch, there were others who helped them with their Pokemon and helped with money, since there was over a hundred Pokemon alone caught by Amber and Charlie, not necessarily all different, some the same Pokemon. Piper went to a school in town and was often taken by the Pokemon on the farm, such as Rapidash or Pidgeot, or even Alakazam and Gallade who would teleport her.

At the age of nine Piper found herself haunted by a mysterious Pokemon that tried to take her life, and fainted Eevee when he tried to protect her, soon her parents uncovered what it was, an Banette was attacking Piper, they believed it was the incarnation of the doll she lost years before, after they defeated and captured the Banette before releasing it into the wild far away from the Ranch, and in a resort that the Banette could get help with, Piper still had nightmares and feared the Banette line.

When Piper turned 10, she was eligible to be a Pokemon trainer, while she wanted to start she also wanted to stay in school. So she did both, on a Hoenn Vacation with the family. Piper got to choose a starter from the Professor of the region, and chose Torchic. Charles got Treecko while because of close connections, Erica got a Mudkip who wouldn't be in a battle with her for another two years. When they came home Piper started training against the Pokemon in the Ranch, those that wanted to keep training and battled accepted Piper's challenge with Torchic and Eevee, she lost many times during this but learned as she went.

Piper went to high school and made a few new friends, one who eventually betrayed her and left. She stayed in contact with her two other best friends, Melissa and RJ. They went on a Pokemon Journey though when they turned 18, so did Charles while Piper went on to University.

However while she went to University, she continued to battle and caught more Pokemon, during the holidays she would go out and catch more. By the time she graduated she had a full team of Raichu, Umbreon, Seviper, Hydreigon, Blaziken and Tentacruel. Eevee evolved into Umbreon when Piper was sixteen and she came across a mischief Shuppet, angry that the Pokemon wouldn't leave her alone, Eevee evolved into the one evolution he knew Piper loved, and the one that could defeat Shuppet and Banette easily, defeating the Shuppet the two were happy.

Piper graduated University at 21 and begun her Pokemon journey. She left home saying goodbye to her family and started in the Unova region, collecting badges. She caught many Pokemon, mostly Unova who were sent to the Ranch until Piper need to switch her Pokemon team around. She collected all the badges and went against the Unova League, however she only ranked in Top 20 when she lost.

During the next ten years Piper caught many Pokemon on her journeys, including two Ponytas who were siblings and did not want to be seperated. At 26 she caught a Shiny Charmander who had been abused by his trainer, she saved him and trained him, switching Blaziken out for now so he could rest at the Ranch. She took the Charmander through the Kanto Region, already finishing the Hoenn region and placing Top 16 in the Hoenn League. Charmander evolved into Charizard during the Kanto Pokemon League, and came in the top 10.

Charizard was beginning to tire so Piper retired him for now and got Blaziken back before travelling to the Johto region, she collected the badges again and got the Top 8 in the Johto League, she was almost 29 when she finally went to the Sinnoh Region, catching a few more Pokemon and collecting the badges, she entered the League and almost lost several times, however she came Top 6.

When she finished in the Sinnoh League she was almost 31, she decided to take a hit at the Orange Islands competition but stopped after the first badge when she found out one of her Pokemon at the Ranch were sick, she came back to tend the sick Swellow, she was sick for a year but got better and now on her 31st birthday, Piper is ready for another adventure, and hoping one day she will win the Pokemon League.

During her entire journey she never neglected her Pokemon or let her dream of being a Pokemon Master disappear. She would rotate her Pokemon, and often come back to the Ranch to spend time with them and take care of them, while she was gone her parents took care of them along with their neighbors, and Erica who stopped her journey after a defeat in the Johto League and decided to stay home for a while. Her brother is still out catching more Pokemon and journeying to other regions for the Leagues, the two hoping one day they would meet in the League and battle it out.

Pokemon:
Party: Umbreon, Raichu, Seviper, Hydreigon, Blaziken, Tentacruel

Other Pokemon: (Held at her parents house). Valcarno, Eelektross, Pidgeot, Joltik, Gardevoir, Vulpix, Arcanine, Beldum, Gothitelle, Duoison, Chandelure, Aggron, Swellow, Eevee, Ponyta x2, Torchic, Ivysaur, Haunter, Charizard (Shiny)

Other information: Piper is known as a very good Pokemon trainer, due to who her parents are, Piper is slightly known in the world. Her mother is also an actress and her father is an author, the two took up these dreams after they finished their journeys and Pokemon Leagues.

I tend to make one character per universe, so you may already know this one.

Name: Sam Guiles

Description: 5'4 in height. Has Shoulder-length straight red hair, with bangs in her face, a little past the nose. Has blue eyes. Wears black jacket with fur(fake) lining and blue designs lining pockets. Blue t-shirt underneath. Black pair of cargo pants with blue stripes. Comfortable pair of black hiking boots. Blue water-proof backpack filled with survial and medical supplies. Has pair of black goggles around neck for flying.

Personality: A kind person who likes to get along with people, and will go through hell and back to protect the people she cares about. She worries constantly and under stress, she tries to face problems head on without thinking them through. She knows she does this, so she tries to prepare for everything that could possibly happen. This works out sometimes, but not all of the time.

History:
The short version: Born in Pallet Town in Kanto, at ten, her parents died in an accident in a gas explosion just as she was about to start her pokemon journey. As a result, she was left with no home, money that she can't touch until she's 18, and a rather agressive charmander that didn't want listen to whatever she told it. Despite this, she kept it as it was the closest thing she had to family left.
Since it didn't look like she had many options, she decided to go on with her journey with some success. While she personally had no interest in battling, her charmander did, and as she wanted to get closer to her pokemon. Even though she battled often, it seemed to do nothing about her charmander's attitude to her and it only got worse as it evolved. After being ship-wrecked and the events that happened during it, her charmeleon evolved into a charizard and the finally began to get along. While she gets along with her Charizard better than before, she has decided not to catch any more pokemon until he learns to get along with others better.

Pokemon:
Name: Cynder
Species:Charizard
Appearance: Taller than average, 7'2 instead of average 5'7 due to highly attentive care from trainer. Scar across Snout to neck from a particularly difficult battle in the past.
About: A highly aggressive an stubborn pokemon, he often challenges trainers and other pokemon himself, often without Sam giving input. He is highly loyal to his trainer, but he doesn't particularly like other people. While he doesn't like to interact with other people outside of battles, he has recently decided to make an effort to be nicer when he remembers to to make up for past wrongs.

HiPS = instantly sold. Reserve me please bossman!

Hello folks. No exactly a fresh face around here - been hanging around since last year or two but then this forum and everything I was in plummeted off the face of the Earth. I literally only found this place again yesterday.

Name: Joacquim Montforth

Description: A well-groomed gentleman of advanced years, Joacquim is 5'11" and carries himself with a distinctive, almost regal air. He nearly always wears a suit and top hat with whatever is the latest fashion in canes nowadays, although he finds monocles tacky. His greying hair used to be brown, while his blue eyes are not quite as piercing as they once were. Nevertheless, the lines on his face manage to convey a great sense of wisdom and experience - either that or they just say he's really old.

Personality: Polite yet brusque and authoritative are Joacquim's watchwords, although age has blunted his fire a little. He seems to know a lot about battling and Pokemon, and has a deep-rooted enjoyment of mysteries and their solutions. Although a fine man of gentle passions, in the event of a Pokemon being mistreated he very politely but firmly has the perpetrator mauled for life. He's willing to give people the benefit of the doubt the first time it happens, because all sorts of things can lead a person down a dark path and a lot of them are not necessarily their fault, but he is willing to enforce respect of pokemon with an iron fist regardless.

Despite his misgivings, Joacquim is very easy to get along with, although his recitence and continued hinting can make a person wonder just who they are travelling with.

History: Joacquim was born to Mary Montforth and James Montforth 65 years ago, in a small estate in Johto. His early life was simple and happy as all children's should be, but soon afterwards he began to wonder just what he could do with his life. As the first flickers of ambition began to burn in his soul, Joacquim turned to his parents and began asking them about the outside world, asking to be taken on their trips and just generally pestering them to stop mollycoddling him. On his 16th birthday, they finally caved him and imported a rare Pokemon from abroad - a Snivy. Either someone had a sense of humour or his parents thought it'd be fitting, but Joacquim loved his new Pokemon and took it with him wherever he went. Thus ended the first chapter of Joacquim's life, a boring one that he'd honestly rather gloss over, but still an important one.

Some years later, after training, catching and battling his way though the Johto region, the 22-year old trainer stood at the gates of the Pokemon League. His Snivy had long since become a Serperior, and he named her Maxelina. She had carried him through the trials he had faced, and the two had become almost inseperable. His other Pokemon were the Rhyperior Gibson, the Mangnezone Maxwell, the Charizard Sara, the Vaporeon Carver and the Honchkrow Roger. Together they faced down the qualifiers, the semifinals and finally the Elite Four, coming out on top as the champions of Johto. It was, Joacquim later reminisced, one of the defining moments of his life. That first victory was the one that was indelibly marked into his soul, and one that he would never forget as long as he lived.

Soon afterwards, he moved to Kanto with a new team - although Maxelina stayed with him as usual. His new team consisted of several other types of Pokemon, including a large number of imports. His old teammates remained in use, although by now he was so well known that he was constantly challenged, which led to him having to replace worn out Pokemon at a rapid pace. After ploughing through the eight gyms of the region in short order, Joacquim tore through the League before again defeating the Elite Four of Kanto - earning him his second championship.
Ambition well and truly sated, he was all set to live the life he'd always wanted. But one day, he noticed Maxelina was unusally agitated. When he went over to check her, her condition deteriorated rapidly and she was rushed to the Pokemon center for treatment.

Three days later, Joacquim was told that Maxelina was dead.

The news was devastating, leaving him drifting and listless for months to come. It took until he was 40 for the scars to heal over, and even then the mark of loss was still upon him. With a heavy heart, he set out on one last journey from Maxelina's burial site in the Tower in Unova. Climbing to the top to ring the bell, he trudged down the steps and began a melancholy trek with those who were left, a dwindling Old Guard that after a few years travelling finally managed to get over what had happened. His 'last' journey continues to this day, due to his inability to let the past be the past and partially due to the fact that he never really gave up on travelling in the first place.

Pokemon:
Party:
Gibson, Rhyperior
Maxwell, Magnezone
Rozencrantz, Gallade
Francesca, Arcanine
Pierce, Excadrill
Eris, Gengar

Other Pokemon:
Roger has over 200 pokemon caught due to undertaking two Pokemon Journeys AND a 20-year+ wandering spree. It would be impossible to list everything he has. I'll try and keep it reasonable (the one thing he never got was Legendaries), but suffice to say his estate is basically a nature reserve now, with his staff as much zookeeper as maid and butler.

Interred in the Towers:
Maxelina, Serperior
Carver, Vaporeon
Sara, Charizard
Roger, Honchkrow

Other information: Joacquim's exploits are legend, but few know what he looks like or even if he is still alive. This is fantastic if you want to go incognito, but it means that Joacquim's fame has all but vanished. Not that he minds that much.

I wish to express my interest in this RP. I just have one question: Will this require, like, heaps of activity or something?

All right. I have another query, if you don't mind.
Will you still be accepting SUs even after the RP has started? I'm not a guaranteed participant for this, but I'm wondering just in case I manage to finish a character.

Name: Jason Mitchell
Sexuality: Bisexual, not that he's ever told anyone.
Description: He's somewhat unremarkable in his appearance, about average in height and build. He's got blond hair and blue eyes. (Unfortunately, detail on what someone looks like is not my forté for some reason, and for that I apologise.)
Personality: Jason generally acts as if his money (that isn't his) can speak for him. He expects respect from everyone unconditionally (but he's not too much of a dick, he does know the difference between "respect" and "arse-kissing"). However, a friend to him is a good one, and he can be a great friend back. When it comes down to it, Jason doesn't show the classic signs of 'rich idiot', he isn't naive and he is more than happy to get his hands dirty to get a job done, and whilst nobody is going to be calling him the next Einstein any time soon, he's a county or six away from stupid at the same time.
History: Jason was born into a rich family, although he never got along with his father, Ethan who tried to make it up by spoiling him. However, throughout Jason's childhood, the rift between him and his father only grew. One day, he decided. He was going to take a pokémon journey, it was what he needed, time away from his dad so maybe when he got back their relationship could patch up.
Pokémon:
Skarr the Skarmory
Ninja the Ninjask
Jolt the Jolteon
Ashe the Arcanine
Other: Jason is a biker, and a big one at that. Fortunately, when he is with other people, the bike (and all assorted gear) can reduce into his backpack, as are the smart storage systems of this day and age. (For those bikers amongst us if I am allowed to use real-world stuff, this is his bike, a Yamaha XT660X. If not, then he has a "Generic 600 Supermoto") One of the reason he has the pokémon he does is because they can keep up with his bike when outside of their pokéballs.

It's been like... forever, since I RPed. But this seems interesting, so I'm just gonna give it a shot!

Name: Aerrow Tokura

Sexuality: Hetero

Appearance: Despite his age and gender Aerrow isn't really that tall or muscular built. He's about 5'4 in height and he has a rather skinny body. He really isn't an athletic guy at all, but he has a great condition due to him often playing a lot with his Pokémon. His hair is coal black and rather short, but spikes are sticking out everywhere due to him not caring too much about his hair. His face is round, his eyes are brown, his nose is small, and some freckles are covering his cheeks. He also has quite a huge scar across his left eyebrow, which he was told that he got from a car accident when he was just a little kid, but since he apparently also got struck with amnesia after that supposed accident he can't really remember what happened himself. He usually wears some worn shorts, a red and black jacket with a Pokéball print in the middle, a couple of googles due to him flying a lot on his Braviary, and some worn gloves which he always carries.

Personality Aerrow Tokura is quite the wild child, so to speak. He's always being optimistic, and he loves running around being childish and playing with Pokémon. Pokémon is the best thing he know, and he loves them with all of his heart. He really isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he's often having a hard time understanding an intellectual conversation, and he's often seen scratching his head in confusion when he can't bring himself to understand something. He doesn't see the need of a more intellectual language, he believes, that as long as you talk straight through your heart, you'll be able to communicate with anyone, even Pokémon.

Aerrow can be rather reckless at times. He is a very honest person, and never makes a promise if he doesn't know that he can fulfill it, and once he has decided to do something he does it, regardless of the consequences or dangers awaiting. This is a weak side he has, as he often gets in trouble due to this foolish determination, but that's just the kind of person he is. He loves battling, and even though he normally is a very kind and joking person, he almost becomes a completely new person when he's in a battle. He hates losing more than anything, and even though he does lose quite often he always swears on beating the person next time they battle, but he never seems to have any luck with that either.

History: When Aerrow was only two years old, he and his parents apparently went through a very serious car accident. As the matter of fact, that accident lead to the death of his parents, while Aerrow miraculously survived with only a scar on his left eyebrow as proof of the horrid event. Ever since that day has Aerrow lived with his very kind and loving uncle. He has managed to keep Aerrow happy despite the fact that his real parents are gone, as he himself has taken on the role to be Aerrow's loving parent. However, despite of his loving uncle, Aerrrow still can't help but to sometimes wonder about what really happened that day, as his uncle always is sounding rather unsure of himself once he's telling Aerrow about that car accident, and Aerrow's always getting the impression that his uncle is lying.

Aerrow can't remember a thing from that accident. It's true that he was only a baby, but he still thinks that he should've been able to at least remember some minor details from the horrid event, but he just can't. He was told to have been struck by amnesia after the accident, thus explaining to why he can't remember a thing, but he isn't letting that stop him from trying to found out about what really happened that day. Once he's alone he's almost always thinking about that accident, always straining himself to the utmost in order to try and recover some lost memories, and every time he does this an image of different Dark-type Pokémon surrounding him appears. The image that appears is rather blury, hindering from clearly making out the faces of the Pokémon.

These Dark-types all have the same threatening look, and surrounding them is a blazing hot and wild fire. Aerrow can sometimes hear a woman's voice screaming, but he can't remember more than that. He's almost convinced that there was something more taking place during that accident, but the fact that he's not able to uncover more than that is frustrating. Due to that scary image of the Dark-types Pokémon closing in on him has Aerrow always had some kind of a phobia aimed towards Dark-types. Battling one is nearly impossible for him, as he's always struck by a horrid feeling of panic and always start shaking once he encounters one. He says that he loves all Pokémon, but Dark-types is a clear exception.
The image that keeps popping up in his mind is actually rather blury. He can't really make out the faces of those Dark-types, nor does he know who the woman screaming is. However, there was this one time when something strange occured.

Being a Pokémon Trainer Aerrow naturally battles lots of different type of Trainers, and when he once was participating in a small Battle Competition in Nimbasa City Aerrow inconveniently enough had to face a Trainer using Dark-types in the semi-finals. He was using a Zoroark. An immediate feeling of panic struck Aerrow, as he was completely unable to move, and was merely shaking upon the gaze of Zoroark. The battle had started, and as Aerrow was using Aurvel, his Riolu, he should've had the advantage, but both of them suffered a devastating loss. Aerrow could never bring himself to call out on a move, he was too afraid. Frustrated with its Trainer Aurvel still decided to fight the battle, but all by itself. This, however, didn't work, as the duo of that Zoroark and its Trainer were simply too powerful. Aurvel lost, and so did Aerrow.

Usually when Aerrow is fighting a Dark-type Pokémon he almost always manages to snap himself out of the fear, and somehow he barely manages to battle properly, but this time was different. The night after Aerrow fell right into a nightmare, where the same image of the dangerous looking Dark-types were closing in on him, however this time, one face was suddenly clear. Among all of those blury Dark-types, Aerrow could suddenly see a Zoroark among them. This was the first time that he could see a clear face in that image, and every time it appeared in his mind Zoroark's face was clear. The same thing happened when he encountered an Houndoom in a forest close to his home town. The night after another face was suddenly clear in that horrid image, and it was Houndoom's face. This doesn't occur with every Dark-type Aerrow encounter, but only with a few. Zoroark and Houndoom are the only whose faces have been made clear in that image, but there are still a lot of blury faces that he can't figure out who they are, not to mention that scream he always hears.
Aerrow's phobia is aimed towards all Dark-types, but Houndoom and Zoroark specifically are two Pokémon that he fears the most.

Countless times has Aerrow asked his uncle for more details, but his uncle always refuses to talk about, he's always telling Aerrow that it's much too sensitive for him to be able to talk about it without crying, so Aerrow decided to not bother his uncle with this anymore. However, he still hasn't given up. Aerrow is still convinced that it is his purpose in life to uncover this mystery, and to really find out what happened to him that day. This fear of Dark-types and this feeling of unknowing is biting on his mind, and he feels like it's completely destroying his life. He simply must find out about what really happened that day, and he must learn to accept Dark-types. So, in order to do this did Aerrow decide to go out on a journey. A journey where he hoped to learn more about Pokémon in general, and to maybe help him uncover the truth of what really happened that day.

Pokémon:

Aurvel, the Riolu
Info: Aurvel is Aerrow's very first Pokémon, and also his best friend. Aerrow once saved Aurvel from a group of unknown bad guys aloing with a mysterious but powerful Trainer, and since that day the two of them have been best buddies. Aerrow never saw the bad guys again, and neither did he see the mysterious stranger again, but something tells him that he's going to meet him one day.

Gobble, the Gible
Info: Gobble is his latest capture, and even though it has the tendancy to be quite mischevious and loves playing pranks with Aerrow it still has proven to be quite the formidable battler once the preassure's on.

Colsoar, the Braviary
Info: Colsoar was previously a Pokémon that belonged to his uncle, but as Aerrow decided to go out on his journey his uncle wanted Aerrow to take Colsoar with him. It's a really powerful Pokémon, and in case Aerrow would encounter any sort of trouble he'd always have a strong Pokémon by his side.

Last edited:
This still open to sign up for?
Name:Clarice "Acid Spray" Warburton
Sexuality:Hetero
Description:Rather short but gaunt for a 21-year old. Raven haired(with Green accents) and eyed, with pale skin bordering on vampire levels(she doesn't need makeup to be a Jugglero). Usually has a dark, venomous smile on her face. Wears Green Lipstick constantly. Gives off the scent of an unnamed acid green perfume. Voice sounds like venom and acid mixed with sugar and honey(Listen to Starfire from Teen Titans and Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter, and combine them.).
Personality:A Goth/Jugglero, Clarice(who prefers to be called Acid Spray), is obsessed with poisons, corrosive acids, toxic spores venom and all who can generate them. She hates those who "eat sunshine and crap rainbows". Has daddy issues. She is sarcastic but witty, and loves to refer to people as different chemicals(such as Professor Oak as "lithium carbonate". No one gets these references. She also keeps a flask of sulfuric acid handy. Her favorite foods are anything with lemon, lime or that is hot and spicy, pasta dishes, bagels and a Refried beans and green rice dish. Her favorite drinks are Triple Chocolate Milk, Citrus Soda, Mint Mojitos, and Faygo. She dislikes fruit martinis, vegans, rabbits, Charcoal, beer, Water Gun attacks, overblown but talentless celebrities, and sexism.

History:Born to a pastor father who hated non-conformists and feminism, and a completely suppressed housewife, Clarice always felt the need to break free. Her father refused to take her anywhere, or let her do anything outside of what he called "Christian women's work", AKA prepping her for becoming an outdated ideal wife/mother. Her teachers, seeing as she was a genius at chemistry and, even more secretly, battling and coordinating, secretly prepping her for her escape. But she graduated before she could get a proper Trainer's license, and had to wait until she was 21. However, she moved out the second she could, and immediately went Goth/Jugglero, biding her time until she could become the rebellious Acid Spray superstar she always felt she was meant to be...

Pokemon:6

Female Shiny Victreebel, Nicknamed Audrey IV.
Given as a Bellsprout by her academic adviser on Cinnabar Island.
Matches her Trainer's personality flawlessly.
Likes using her corrosive slobber for pranks.
Ability:Chlorophyll
Moves:Sludge Bomb, Bug Bite, Bullet Seed, Thief

Male Shiny Ludicolo, Nicknamed Miror B.
Caught as a Lombre by accident on Route 224.
Can spin around like a Pokémon half his size.
Is addicted to RageCandyBars.
Ability:Rain Dish
Moves:Hydro Pump, Giga Drain, Blizzard, Rain Dance

Jynx, Nicknamed Carole
Caught On the Ice Path during a blizzard.
Is a bit of a b***h.
Can sing Pokémon Opera, and Speak human.
Ability:Forewarn
Moves:Water Pulse, Lovely Kiss, Dream Eater, Frost Breath

Male Skarmory, Nicknamed Speakeasy
Hatched from an Egg that she got from a retired Burglar.
Gets Drunk off of Berry Juice due to an allergy, hence the nickname.
Has a thing for aerial voyeurism.
Ability:Sturdy
Moves:Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Stealth Rock, Rock Slide

Female Shiny Mismagius, Nicknamed Witchiepoo
Caught as Misdreavus on Mt. Silver
Likes to hum curses that sound like show tunes.
Can possess people in order to speak human.
Ability: Levitate
Moves:Shadow Ball, Inferno, Pain Split, Power Gem

Male Eelektross, Nicknamed Blueberry
Caught as a Tynamo in a cave discovered by a spelunking experiment near the Abundant Shrine.
Has a strange aversion to Gems and Jewelry.
Has the hottest temper of the group
Ability:Levitate
Moves:Aqua Tail, Wild Charge, Bounce, Zap Cannon

Other information:Clarice is willing to kill, given the need be. And she is not only a great Trainer and Coordinator, but a ruthless competitor...within the bare limits of the rules, of course.
@Mako; Is this enough?

*shrug* You've always joined mine, and I've been patiently waiting AGES for you to GM, so... sure. No details? Fine by me.

Name: Shane Gray

Sexuality: Bisexual (because I feel like mixing it up, not that it's likely to ever come up anyway, the way I RP)

Description:
shane.png

"Why bother?" -Shane Gray

Roughly 5' 11", medium build, with short dark-brown hair, usually swept back. He carries himself with a certain casual boredom, as one does when they are up to nothing particularly important - in nearly all situations, regardless of their actual or perceived significance, and has dreadful posture to boot. His facial expressions are generally reserved, ranging from grimaces to smirks - full smiles or scowls are alien concepts to Shane.

Personality: What personality?

Just kidding. Not an uncommon complaint about Shane, however - and its certainly up for debate. Shane has devoted a good deal of his life heretofore overanalyzing the world around him, and has arrived at a rather disillusioning dissatisfaction. To the ire of his friends (a loose term in itself, given his generally less-than-endearing demeanor), Shane figures he has the world, and everyone in it, all figured out. His perpetual state of apparent boredom is a mere side-effect of this. Everyone is doomed to disappoint him, and he them. Vocabulary hot-keys include: inevitable, futility, and indifferent.

On a less cynical note (arguably), Shane finds the gladiator-esque practice of Pokémon battling barbaric. Naturally, he arrived at this conclusion over time and learned the practice in his teens, so he is capable in a pinch - but he hasn't battled in several years and would be understandably a little rusty.

History: While his personality might lead one to suspect a "life-of-tragedy," Shane hasn't had it too bad. He grew up in a fairly well-off family in Mahogany Town, Johto, with a younger brother (Tyler) and two supportive parents. His mother did eventually leave his father, but Shane was already sixteen at the time and mentally prepared for the forseeable split. He was a late-bloomer to the battling scene, not having acquired the eight Johto Gym Badges until he was 17 - a crushing defeat at the Indigo Plateau would follow.

It was during his failed Indigo Plateau-run that Shane had his "realization" of the perceived barbarism of pokémon battling. He went on to release all of his pokémon, with the exception of his Umbreon, and renounce battling altogether. Now thoroughly disgusted with nearly every aspect of his life, Shane has been seized by a persistent inertia for several years, unsure of what direction to take his life - which is pretty reasonable, considering he isn't passionate about much of anything.

Pokémon: Milo (Umbreon )
tumblr_lzmdmhIYeK1r0vqijo4_400copy.png

Moody little bugger, emulates an exaggeration of his trainer.

Other: I imagine you probably get the general idea from the Personality/History sections, brief though they may be. Anything else worth mentioning is worth mentioning later.

Though I suppose, for the speculative: Romance is unlikely. Battling is unlikely. Becoming best friends/platonic life-partners is unlikely. And for the record... Unlikely =/= Impossible.

Last edited:
Herpes, Freaky Fish Guy, Bossman!! Please reserve me a spot! Or, at least tell me when you plan on posting start up, so I can get my sign up in before then! Thank you~

Name: Jacob ((yep, another Jake. I NEED MOAR NAMES ROAR!)) Lancaster

Sexuality: Asexual for now. ((He's not even a teenager for Arceus's sake.))

Description: He is tall for his age at 5'0". He is so skinny that his school nickname was Skinny. He's square-jawed and has freckles all over his face and arms. His red hair hangs into his eyes.

Personality: He is cheerful and happy as a person, in contrast to his parents. He loves all Pokemon, strong or weak, and doesn't care about natures or abilities, which leads to his daddy (and mommy) issues. He loves chocolate, and anything made with peanuts. (In fact, he carries peanut sauce to put on food.) He dislikes few foods, tomatoes and mushrooms among them.

History: His parents, famed Pokemon breeders, sent him to a famous Trainer's school at the age of three. As such, Pokemon is about all he knows, but he can read and do basic math. He clashes often with his parents, who are obsessed with strength. They care only about victory, while he just wants to have fun. Eventually he could stand it no longer, and ran away from the school.

Pokemon:
Doc the Rufflet: A gift from his parents to see him off, and his best friend. His first and only Pokemon.

Other information: He is a stickler for rules, most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom