• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

This is weird...

Carrieattheprom

Anime Freak
Reaction score
Okay so just for the heck of it I had started my Emerald game all over again from the beginning. Halfway through playing it my traveling team got PokeRus. Now that I've completed the main game I'm raising a new team for use in Battle Frontier and Pokemon Colloseum. And now THIS team has also come down with PokeRus. How on Earth did that happen? Am I just lucky? Or did I do something special without relaising it? Two of my traveling pokemon are fathers of my new team, but the dads had already "recovered" from the PokeRus by that time.

Wow! Getting the Pokerus is all luck, as far as I know, and slim luck--sounds like you're just really lucky that lightning struck twice! I'd keep it around this time if I were you because of the training bonus.

I've been playing the 3rd-gen games since early 2003...and STILL haven't gotten the Pokerus on any of my 3 carts (Sapphire, FireRed, Emerald). I had it on Gold and Crystal, though, but that's no help to me these days!

Wow! Getting the Pokerus is all luck, as far as I know, and slim luck--sounds like you're just really lucky that lightning struck twice! I'd keep it around this time if I were you because of the training bonus.

Believe me, I WILL. :party:

Pokérus is contagious... even though you said the "fathers" had gained immunity by then, it's possible one of the infected, contagious Pokémon came into contact with others. Also, putting an infected Pokémon in a box keeps it contagious past the normal time.

The "moms" were traded over from my Leaf Green version and the resulting babies have remained in my group from the moment they hatched. The kids also didn't end up getting the PokeRus until they reached level 12.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom