• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Thoughts on Galarian Ponyta?

I’ll just post my thoughts from the other thread and echo your sentiments on Galarian Rapidash.

I’ve had some time to process that we most likely just got our first glimpse of Galarian Ponyta. The Ponyta line is one of my favorites ever since Gen 1 so seeing a regional variant, and having it possibly be a Fairy type to boot, had me very excited. Depending on typing I was planning on having it be my go to Fairy instead of Galarian Weezing

But now in hindsight this base form isn’t speaking to me near as much as it could be. It’s just...too “girly” to me. If you know some of my favorite Pokémon I’m not the one person to normally play into those stereotypes. But this is like, Gen 3 My Little Pony, the diabetes inducing sappy sweet direct to video ones before Lauren Faust made it cool again. I really, really need Galarian Rapidash or a possible future evolution to impress me after this.

Galarian ponyta is just okay to me. It looks too much like it'd be from mlp (at least to me). I have to see what rapidash looks like before I decide whether I like the galarian ponyta/rapidash line as a whole though.

I don't have anything against it. I think it's reveal was overly dramatic. The "regional forms" being introduced thus far in Gen 8 feel more inspired than the Alolan Forms we got in Gen 7. (A-Marowak and A-Raichu were awesome in my opinion, however).

I like it a lot more than Sir'fetchd as it has me feeling really positive emotions. It's a bioluminescent cutie.

I absolutely love this Ponyta. I have a soft spot for all of the horse like Pokemon (especially now that I live with 2 Horse Lovers), and this one fits right in. I am really excited to see the official art, and I am hoping that all areas will have that mix of overworld and random encounters so I could see these babies run around in the Glimwood Tangle.

I am also fully embracing the idea that it looks similar to an MLP character. and will be naming mine in a similar matter to the naming conventions of MLP because I want to.

I will join in this squad to protect this baby.

As a child of the 90s who grew up with pretty rainbow totally-not-MLP pastel unicorns with 80s hair...I love it.

Would I have liked a unicorn that wasn't related to Ponyta? Yeah maybe...it would have been interesting to see what they'd come up with. But it's still adorable and I can't hate it because it's just so cute.

It's also understandable since it seems that unlike Alolan forms, Galarian forms seem to be reusing already used animals without having to come up with new Pokemon based on animals that were already used. Like turning a Japanese badger into a European badger (both species are super closely related in real life). So, like I said in the other thread, why not take the already existing unicorn and turn the whole line into unicorns.

I think it's really cute. I've always wanted a rainbow maned Rapidash, and it looks like I'll probably be getting that, so how could I not be excited?

If I have one thing that holds it back a little for me - the cotton candy puffiness of the mane/tail is not what I would have ever expected and will take some getting used to. I just think there's a little too much of that, but I don't want to get caught up on that because I really adore the design otherwise and I'm really looking forward to Rapidash.

If it is going from pure fire to pure fairy then I hope they introduce a new move for it. Something along the lines of Fairy Fire so it harks back to the original line’s essence, it’s biology didn’t change just the effect. Some sort of fire attack that burns, but is the same colour as the mane when it lights up.

I just think that would be cool to shout; “Rapidash... fairy fire!” As you fly on it’s back above the hoard of baddies below.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom