• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Geeta?

She just didn't pop out at me like previous Champions... She was kinda just there to be an authority figure without much umph imo.

I didn't like her team and I would 100% change it, maybe to something like... Glimmora, Lucario, Ceruledge/Armarouge (chosen depending on the one that isn't in your version), Cyclizar, Farigiraf & Kingambit.

Giving her Gogoat was just boring, it's like they needed to fill out her team.

I'd take Gogoat over Lucario, but one of the Paldean Tauros would have been best. Probably the Water one if Ceruledge were used over Veluza (Armarouge is already Mela's ace).

Last edited:
Maybe she's an imagined avatar of Terapagos. They have that same color theme of Indigo going in their designs, but this is a far-fetched take, haha.

i heard someone with a theory that she was actually an AI, and... it kind of makes sense? like, she has Paradox Pokémon, which could be explained in other ways of course, but... it's something interesting to think about for sure?

edit: i was very wrong lol

Last edited:
They stated THAT ONE AI can't function out of the lab or crater (it was unclear which was meant). Not that none of them ever possibly could. Heck they didn't even say that the one we met couldn't be augmented to do so, just that they couldn't as they were. They did seem awfully excited to start their adventure (and don't try to tell me they lied, the ending is depressing enough and the AI seemed genuinely excited).

Anyway I actually came here to mention that theory as well, at least in part. If she is, she's far more advanced that Sada/Turo's AI, functioning outside the crater and even having a breathing animation, and would have had to predate them by some years.

Geeta is super sus but I also feel like her being a secret villain would be an asspull. Plus I know Game Freak has been pulling out the stops as far as stories lately but I don't think they'd give us both "the professor is actually evil" AND "the champion is actually evil" in the same generation. One at a time. She can be a control freak without being evil.

If there's any theme to her team that I can think of it's that they're found in vague areas around the Titans.

They did seem awfully excited to start their adventure (and don't try to tell me they lied, the ending is depressing enough and the AI seemed genuinely excited).

Unless I'm mistaken, Sara's AI, in Pokémon Scarlet, states that she shouldn't be able to survive in the ancient world, however, she was excited to experience, even for a little while, the true past, of which the Crater was a mere fraction and fiction. Experiencing, in its fullness, everything that she was programmed to try to recreate and protect, was, for her, a final achievement, even if it cost her own existence.

Geeta is super sus but I also feel like her being a secret villain would be an asspull. Plus I know Game Freak has been pulling out the stops as far as stories lately but I don't think they'd give us both "the professor is actually evil" AND "the champion is actually evil" in the same generation.

Personally, I don't see much basis for this theory, which seems to radiate only from Geeta's apparent personality and not from objective fact. Honestly, I would say that the protagonist, a predestined and hopelessly talented individual, is more likely to be an AI than Geeta.

On the other hand, it seems to me that the DLCs for Scarlet and Violet should follow the same path as those for Sword/Shield, that is, they will take place in different locations from the base game and, most likely, will not interfere with the story of this one.

Well, we'll see soon.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, Sara's AI, in Pokémon Scarlet, states that she shouldn't be able to survive in the ancient world, however, she was excited to experience, even for a little while, the true past, of which the Crater was a mere fraction and fiction. Experiencing, in its fullness, everything that she was programmed to try to recreate and protect, was, for her, a final achievement, even if it cost her own existence.
I checked her quotes and neither she nor AI Turo say anything like that. They're both happy to be free, to be unshackled for the first time.

I personally rather liked Geeta. She immediately caught my attention in the trailers. With an eye-catching design and color pallet, complete with an imposing title "La Primera," I was eager to encounter her in game.

Upon doing so, I actually liked what I saw. Her efficient, business like manner fit her place in the story as the chairwoman of the academy and League. Something that I liked in particular was how all the other League members interacted with her. They all seem to like her, but all echo their own variation of her being a demanding and perhaps controlling boss.

I know for a lot of player she doesn't compare well to our last Champion Leon, but that exact comparison is something I like about her. With Leon, from the word Go to when we battle him, we are told over and over how strong he is. Shown examples of it. He is the classic Strongest Trainer. He's also the classic older brother, cool and talented but sort of dork. With Geeta, they didn't even try to do the strongest trainer thing. I don't think it would have worked given how well Leon pulled that off in the previous title. Geeta is a career Champion. Being La Primera is her job. And I think she pulled that of rather well.

i think she's fine. she fills her role in the game as a boss fight just fine. plus - i'd say that most of the champions in the series are some varying kind of eh anyways. also i think it's weird that people keep complaining that pokemon never like changes or grows but then they do kinda make a small change and people seem stuck in the past almost.

I'm not really fond of her. She has a decent design for a champion, and she doesn't really have much about her. Although she is called the "top" champion, which suggests the most power, every trainer has to beat her to become a champion, which doesn't really make much sense to me. Her ace Glimmora doesn't really make the most sense to me as well. I think a better ace for her would be a pokemon which is only found in area zero, which isn't a paradox and is just a normal pokemon that looks as if it could be found somewhere else, but it migrated to area zero.

Geeta is interesting. As the champion, she was pretty forgettable. Nemona's fight was way more memorable and impactful for me at least. But as an actual character and the chairwoman of the academy, I thought she was fine and did her job, even if she's still overshadowed by better characters

Last edited:
I agree with Battista’s opening statement that Geeta was probably watered down both in team and presence to make Nemona’s battle against us feel more impactful, but if this were the case, why not at least give Geeta a little more to work with story wise if the fear was her team overshadowing Nemona above all else?
Wouldn't it make Nemona feel all the more impactful if Geeta was incredibly powerful? As it was, it leads us to question why Nemona holds her in such high regard.

Back
Top Bottom