• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Geeta?

I've heard some people theorize that she's more of a 'political champion' rather than a.... 'people's champion'? Like with Leon from SwSh! Everyone LOVED him (I think?), and with Geeta, that isn't the case. Esp Larry, he was (relatively) outspoken about his... distaste? for Geeta, his boss.

So, Geeta's rematch team...

Made some adjustments based on basic competitive observation, with Glimmora as the front, goading people to attack it physically, and Kingambit finally being the final entrant, using Supreme Overlord for that 50% offensive boost. She also adds Dragapult and Chestnaught to improve coverage and add that pseudo legendary her team needed and replaces Gogoat and Veluza, but unfortunately Avalugg is still on it, which makes me believe its secretly her favorite Pokemon for sentimental reasons despite how much it folds to most attacks.

Does this improve her?

So, Geeta's rematch team...

Made some adjustments based on basic competitive observation, with Glimmora as the front, goading people to attack it physically, and Kingambit finally being the final entrant, using Supreme Overlord for that 50% offensive boost. She also adds Dragapult and Chestnaught to improve coverage and add that pseudo legendary her team needed and replaces Gogoat and Veluza, but unfortunately Avalugg is still on it, which makes me believe its secretly her favorite Pokemon for sentimental reasons despite how much it folds to most attacks.

Does this improve her?
If you ask me, yes.

Are people going to respect her more now?
Oh, most definitely not. First impressions remain important, and people will always bring up her original team as a reason she's terrible with her rematch team being brought up as "oh, Game Freak just did heard fans complaining and balanced her roster in response", but as far as I'm concerned, her roster as it stands is far more competent and viable, especially if she's ever used in future games.

For the top champion, she’s surprisingly easy, the only reason it took me multiple tries is that I ran out of revives and only pokemon from my normal team was tinkaton and slazzle

But the fact I beat her with most of my team being level 35-50 is hilarious

Going in with a team of lvl 60 Pokémons, Geeta could have passed off as a regular Elite Four member to me. However, it makes sense for her to be not all that strong of a champion when you consider that the Elite Four battles in Paldea are part of a big exam. And to pass an exam, it requires to be difficult, but not insurmontable. And since most of the students are likely more focused on travelling the region than focus heavily into Pokémon battles, Geeta is being hyped up in-game as harder to beat than she really is, which was not a problem for Nemona or the player.

Is she one of the weakest Champions ? Most likely. Is it a bad thing with the context of the game ? Absolutely not.

I got the impression that she was phoning in her battles (yes including her BB rematch). It's like she's more of a politician or a businesswoman than she is a champion.

I honestly felt more grandeur befitting of a champion from the Teal Mask's final battle against Kieran, and that was the battle where he goes off the deep end.

I got the impression that she was phoning in her battles (yes including her BB rematch). It's like she's more of a politician or a businesswoman than she is a champion.

I honestly felt more grandeur befitting of a champion from the Teal Mask's final battle against Kieran, and that was the battle where he goes off the deep end.
“You see, I have a trait that some might say is inappropriate for the League Chairwoman… I am utterly incapable of holding back when it comes to Pokémon battles.”

I don't hate her, but like... I find it hard to think of any good qualities that make her memorable besides her team being an absolute joke. The fact that i prefer her in Masters EX more than her own game, simply because she fits a much more minor role, kinda speaks volumes. It's pretty surprising considering most relevant characters in SV are really well made

i think geeta is very handsome and therefore she should be allowed to be a girlfailure.
joking aside, i don't really get why geeta specifically gets dogpiled when all of the champions since gen 6 have sucked. leon's greatness is overhyped as hell in-game AND by fans and i beat him with a morgrem and a team that was underleveled besides, lol. i'm not fully buying the 'oh we just didn't get to see a whole lot of character from her' like, when has that ever stopped anyone. two of the most popular pokemon characters since their introduction were literally just battle facility bosses

i think geeta is very handsome and therefore she should be allowed to be a girlfailure.
joking aside, i don't really get why geeta specifically gets dogpiled when all of the champions since gen 6 have sucked. leon's greatness is overhyped as hell in-game AND by fans and i beat him with a morgrem and a team that was underleveled besides, lol. i'm not fully buying the 'oh we just didn't get to see a whole lot of character from her' like, when has that ever stopped anyone. two of the most popular pokemon characters since their introduction were literally just battle facility bosses
Team composition-wise, the Champions of Gens 6 and 8 don't really have worse teams than most Champions. In fact they, including Diantha, have recently been statistically proven to have better teams than most Champions prior to them. The games just have so many more opportunities to build a stacked team than gens before them that just a Champion with an average team becomes much easier.

Geeta's team prior to postgame is actually really bad for a Champion due to her having multiple Pokemon a Champion should have never had in the first place, and her last Pokemon being a Pokemon that only works as a lead.

Also Gen 7 has the best Champion, in the player.

Last edited:
Geeta's team prior to postgame is actually really bad for a Champion due to her having multiple Pokemon a Champion should have never had in the first place, and her last Pokemon being a Pokemon that only works as a lead.
this is what i don't really get though. yeah geeta's team may be bad but what does that really have to do with her as a character. if i have to suspend my disbelief that a guy whose ace pokemon is 4x weak to rock would be the strongest trainer in the world i don't see why people can't do the same for geeta. this is the same franchise where 10 year olds can beat criminals, pokemon league members, and darn near everyone else with a pikachu

this is what i don't really get though. yeah geeta's team may be bad but what does that really have to do with her as a character. if i have to suspend my disbelief that a guy whose ace pokemon is 4x weak to rock would be the strongest trainer in the world i don't see why people can't do the same for geeta. this is the same franchise where 10 year olds can beat criminals, pokemon league members, and darn near everyone else with a pikachu
Part of it could be tied to Geeta's position and attitude in the game. She's described as "Top Champion" and claims to be utterly incapable of holding back when it comes to Pokemon battles, yet brings a team more questionable on average than any Champion team prior.

Part of it could be tied to Geeta's position and attitude in the game. She's described as "Top Champion" and claims to be utterly incapable of holding back when it comes to Pokemon battles, yet brings a team more questionable on average than any Champion team prior.
eh, i guess so. but i dunno, i guess i just kinda feel frustrated sometimes because i feel like more people would overlook these things pretty easily if she was designed to be like more conventional waifu bait iono lol
(that is obviously not to say that's why anyone here or anyone who doesn't like her in general dislikes her, but i've seen some people make some questionable comments that lead me to believe this lol)

My headcanon is that her champion team was picked in part by her elite 4 associates as a “challenge”.

I actually dig her suit, granted I like suits in general... but man, she was disappointing. She was easier than Diantha and I could not fathom that she had a Gogoat. Literally any fire type can scorch it lol. I didn't like her team in general, and Kingambit should have been her main instead of Glimmora.

Haven't played the DLC yet so Idk if Geeta's rematch is better, but I hear it is, so maybe my opinion will change.

As a character, she is pretty forgettable. I love the Paldean Elite Four but I just don't care much for Geeta.

Like for many other Champions in the game, Pokémon Masters EX seems to be doing a good job making Geeta look more competent than in the mainline game she's in. That's at least a plus for her. I'll admit they're even making her seem like a real Top Champion despite not much being shown yet.

She's okay. Her team is absolutely not memorable but I do like her appearance: her hair looks like a Glimmora.
However Glimmora with that ability feels completely wasted to be used as her final Pokémon... But that's understandable I guess because she's not meant to be the final opponent after all... The AI professor is the final opponent.

Back
Top Bottom