• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Lycanroc Dusk

I don't have any strong feelings about the dusk form Lycanroc, only major annoyance that the only way to obtain it is through the event Lycanroc.

It doesn't really fit in with its concept though. Lycanroc' forms represent different times of day, and aurora is not a time of day.

Besides, Aurorus is already a rock/ice Pokémon that represents aurora. They should come up with a new concept to design a new rock/ice Pokémon on. Not like it's a particularly great typing to begin with...

against fire its ok, plus good in both sandstorm and hail.
Would only need right stats and ability to be usefull.

event Lycanroc.
whats with breeding and trading with others???
Maybe in future they will build it in some how?

I have a new found appreciation for midnight form Lycanroc. It's so much fun to go up against a midday form Lycanroc using accelrock and knocking it out with counter.

So I think Dusk form is going to be extra fun since it learns both.

what abilities? as second and hidden?
-Fluffy
-Solid rock
-Bulletproof
-Soundproof

acces to some more sound moves and Boom-Burst?

what abilities? as second and hidden?
-Fluffy
-Solid rock
-Bulletproof
-Soundproof

acces to some more sound moves and Boom-Burst?

No, Dusk Lycanroc only gets Tough Claws as an ability. It has no other hidden ability or anything. Just Tough Claws. It does not get Boom Burst either, as far as I've seen.

its other forms have all 3 ability slots taken, why should it be only one with it+ on one trailer is was weird it had more defense then It should have had?

Can't answer that, but it's 100% confirmed that it only gets Tough Claws. If you are somehow right about Defense, perhaps it held an item.

Can't answer that, but it's 100% confirmed that it only gets Tough Claws. If you are somehow right about Defense, perhaps it held an item.
there is a youtube source analisis of its stats, you can google it out.

there is a youtube source analisis of its stats, you can google it out.

Okay, but just saying - its full stats and ability are already known for a fact. Its stats are equal to Midday form, save for -2 Speed and +2 Attack.

I feel a little better about Lycanroc Dusk form - according to Bulbapedia it can learn Brick Break through TM. I'll just use him to take Olivia down.

Unfortunately, I really don't want to wake up super-early to evolve Rockruff in Ultra Moon, and I don't want to mess with Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Tomodachi Life by changing the clock. So either I stay up late this week, or wait until I can unlock the "alternate Alola".

You can always relearn it at the Move Reminder's. There was one in Mount Lanakila in SM; I don't know if she's still there in USUM.
She probably is, but that's all the way at the end of the game-when I could have been using it during the story. But it's cool. Lycanroc has just been using a colorful array of attacking moves to make it up for it.

I personally think that it's trash. The design looks like an upgraded version of the midday form, and it dosen't quite stand out compititive-wise. Only thing good about it is it's ability.

It's alright, but it feels like every trainer in the game is now designed to make its existence absolutely miserable, because it seems like everyone and their mother has a water, grass, fighting, steel, or ground type

On the other hand, it demolishes quite a few Totem Pokémon without much effort with access to moves like Brick Break and various rock moves

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom