• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Lycanroc Dusk

If Duskroc was more akin to Mega Blaziken than Ash Greninja then I think the best hope for it would maybe... maybe be if Duskroc became a regional variant for something like the Sinnoh remakes.

EXCEPT this idea is also extremely stupid given what we have because 1) it's still rock-type, all Alolan variants at least changed their typing, so there's really no point to it, 2) its design is too lazy, people would outrage if that was the Lycanroc that we got stuck with- especially everyone on the Midnight side.

So, acknowledging that it's super unlikely, I'm still putting the thought out there because wouldn't it have been nice if this special Lycanroc form WAS made into a regional variant- assuming that they changed the type and didn't half-ass making it to such a degree.
If it was a regional variant, it would have a different typing beside just pure rock, also I'm disappointed with Dusk Lycanroc being event exclusive.

If it was a regional variant, it would have a different typing beside just pure rock, also I'm disappointed with Dusk Lycanroc being event exclusive.
Yeah, that was kinda my point in why it would be stupid given what we have. XD If they changed its type and made it a regional variant for outside of Alola, then I'd be impressed? But it's pure rock so it's unlikely and still has little really going for it.

Yeah, that was kinda my point in why it would be stupid given what we have. XD If they changed its type and made it a regional variant for outside of Alola, then I'd be impressed? But it's pure rock so it's unlikely and still has little really going for it.
It feels like they shouldn't messed around with a third Lycanroc in the first, if it was going to turn out to be like that. A Pure rock type, like two other Lycanroc, you can't obtain in the gameplay, but it's event distribution only.

It feels like they shouldn't messed around with a third Lycanroc in the first, if it was going to turn out to be like that. A Pure rock type, like two other Lycanroc, you can't obtain in the gameplay, but it's event distribution only.
That's why it seems so clearly anime-motivated- if they actually cared about Dusk Lycanroc and really wanted to make it, I imagine they would have put more effort into its design and game model and not made it an event-only distribution. But right now, unless they can whip out some good excuse for it eventually that would make us all overlook everything, it's pretty evident that this is just another Ash-Greninja scenario and the animators really need to knock it off.

That's why it seems so clearly anime-motivated- if they actually cared about Dusk Lycanroc and really wanted to make it, I imagine they would have put more effort into its design and game model and not made it an event-only distribution. But right now, unless they can whip out some good excuse for it eventually that would make us all overlook everything, it's pretty evident that this is just another Ash-Greninja scenario and the animators really need to knock it off.
The only thing that I'm concern that is the green light. "affirms that a light coming from somewhere is affecting Alola's Pokémon, that's why the new form." Does it affect other pokemon in Alola?

anyways im going to wait and see what is different from SM besides this carrot doggo that will not stack up to it’s brother forms unless you can breed it, and i doubt that. Ah well. I mean they could have made it a QR code, but now even more hackers want it. And honestly i might join them. Hopefully when USUM does get datamined new stuff will be there.

anyways im going to wait and see what is different from SM besides this carrot doggo that will not stack up to it’s brother forms unless you can breed it, and i doubt that. Ah well. I mean they could have made it a QR code, but now even more hackers want it. And honestly i might join them. Hopefully when USUM does get datamined new stuff will be there.
Aren't GF trying to prevent any dataminer from hacker the game, I don't want dataminer spoiling the game for other game, it's not a deja vu moment, you know they'll take some extra precaution to prevent from getting datamined again, I would wait till the release to find out more about them.

Even though I like Lycanroc Dusk, I am not happy with the fact that the anime, and by consequence, the games are designing and adding new Pokémon forms just to draw attention, and make Ash's Pokémon feel special. WHAAATTT?! Ash's Charizard and Infernape are pretty famous and special, but they didn't need to rely on 'special forms' to get their fame. Seriously, why writers; what happened to you now... and what next?! I don't wish to see anime-oriented Pokémon forms every generation; Ash-Greninja, and Lycanroc Dusk are enough!

If the amount of effort put into the form is at all indicative of the amount of effort put into other aspects of the game then consider me concerned. Dusk existing just makes me appreciate Midday and Midnight all the more. Really weak effort from them.

tl;dr summary: I think Duskroc will be Kukui-exclusive in USUM as several details line up with current information we have gotten, as well as thematically fitting Kukui's research. GF just happened to learn from the lack of an AZ Floette distribution and are doing this event promotion since it wouldn't make sense for the player to have it in-universe.

Honestly, I would rather have Dusk Lycanroc be Ash-exclusive than Kukui-exclusive. As far as Professors go, I kinda feel like Kukui's stolen the spotlight enough already with his whole Masked Royal alter ego and getting to be the surprise final boss of SM.

I don't really like forms that are made to make Ash or anyone in the anime seem more special.
Don't get me wrong, I love Lycanroc, and it's midday form quickly got Rampardos' spot as my favourite rock-type pokémon once I got one in the game. The problem is that it's said to be a special distribution, and that reminds me a lot of Ash-Greninja (which I despise, sorry). The fact that some pokémon get forms to match or promote their trainers makes them seem less like living creatures to me.

DG83EcwU0AEUhkm.jpg:small

Dusk Form Lycanroc is an event Pokémon? Oh, no. This is just like the XY Torchic holding the Blazikenite in X & Y.

I was hoping that Dusk Form would be obtained if Miday and Midnight Form Lycanroc were in the party, like how Shedinja would be obtained if Nincada evolved into Ninjask and you have an extra Poké Ball. So much for that hope.

Dusk Form Lycanroc is an event Pokémon? Oh, no. This is just like the XY Torchic holding the Blazikenite in X & Y.

I was hoping that Dusk Form would be obtained if Miday and Midnight Form Lycanroc were in the party, like how Shedinja would be obtained if Nincada evolved into Ninjask and you have an extra Poké Ball. So much for that hope.
I am worried about same . We had waited for a long time and Dusk Form is just a event pokemon , for the first game of generation I could understand , but it is just a third version.

Say, has it been confirmed how this special Rockruff evolves? Or will it always become Duskroc no matter what time or day it is? Game Freak better not screw that up, because then it just breaks immersion and goes against its whole theme.

I really want dawn evolution I think the dusk evolution form is cool honesty it seems reasonable for rock ruff have at least two more evolution

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom