• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Lycanroc Dusk

DG83EcwU0AEUhkm.jpg:small

Ugh... it looks so GOOD. It's beautiful. I want it asap.

I'm disappointed that it's event exclusive--but I'm mainly concerned about nicknaming. I really hope we can nickname the event Rockruff. That would satisfy me enough, I think.

In what version we may get Dusk form?
Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon?

If there is this form then there needs to be a forth form or not?

who thinks that a Dawn-Sunset form(blue and white maybe or yellow???)
will be in the oposite game and will focus on special stats with greater defence?
and have the Mirror Coat move to be the oposite of Counter. (and maybe a relation with midday and morning sun or something like that, ability early bird???)

I actually like Dusk form a lot. I like the other two forms quite a bit, but there was always something missing. This may fill the gap. I suppose it depends on the move set it gets and what it's stats are. Wither way I'm not sure it deserves the flack it has gotten since it's reveal. It's one of those things where people had built up such an image of what they thought it would look like and since it's different people were turned off. Is the in game model boring? Sure, but over all it's not a bad design. It does what it's supposed to and that's all we can really ask for. I'm still contemplating whether I'll use it, but we shall see lol

But when have we been given the option to nickname event pokemon, though? Not to mention that the OT is probably going to be Ash. So...yeah...

I've been told that the Mystery Gift Munchlax was able to be nicknamed.

In what version we may get Dusk form?
Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon?

If there is this form then there needs to be a forth form or not?

who thinks that a Dawn-Sunset form(blue and white maybe or yellow???)
will be in the oposite game and will focus on special stats with greater defence?
and have the Mirror Coat move to be the oposite of Counter. (and maybe a relation with midday and morning sun or something like that, ability early bird???)
Yes, you can obtain it in USUM via a gift event distribution of a sprcial rockruff that can evolve into Dusk..that's the only way to get it right now.

-No, there won't be a Dawn form or any 4th form because they have made it crystal clear that Dusk only exists so Ash can have a special unique pokemon for this season as well..
-There won't be a dawn form because dusk form is an eventmon so another wolf is not happening
-There should have been one, but alas, there won't be because Dusk is just so far the embodiment of both existing wolves

Yes, you can obtain it in USUM via a gift event distribution of a sprcial rockruff that can evolve into Dusk..that's the only way to get it right now.

-No, there won't be a Dawn form or any 4th form because they have made it crystal clear that Dusk only exists so Ash can have a special unique pokemon for this season as well..
-There won't be a dawn form because dusk form is an eventmon so another wolf is not happening
-There should have been one, but alas, there won't be because Dusk is just so far the embodiment of both existing wolves
- there probably will be one, becuse there is a posibility of creating a wolf with other stats and making it a oposite of them with other moves and uniting other skills.

- there probably will be one, becuse there is a posibility of creating a wolf with other stats and making it a oposite of them with other moves and uniting other skills.
It was actually stated that Ash's rockruff only evolved into carrotwolf because of the green flash...that's enough to tell me there won't be another wolf :/

It was actually stated that Ash's rockruff only evolved into carrotwolf because of the green flash...that's enough to tell me there won't be another wolf :/

if they wanted Dusk they know that at the morning there is a other color.

google: Dusk Green

check color difrence between dawn/sunrise and sunset/dusk.

if they wanted Dusk they know that at the morning there is a other color.

google: Dusk Green

check color difrence between dawn/sunrise and sunset/dusk.
It's actually called twilight (tasogare) in japanese, which is the more neutral term between dusk/dawn..that much should further reinforce their intentions with the wolf. I also really want a Dawn form based on Midnight wolf, but let's just be realistic and accept that it's not happening :/ I'd love to have to eat my own words though

It's actually called twilight (tasogare) in japanese, which is the more neutral term between dusk/dawn..that much should further reinforce their intentions with the wolf. I also really want a Dawn form based on Midnight wolf, but let's just be realistic and accept that it's not happening :/ I'd love to have to eat my own words though

remeber Charizard X and Y and how the fandom reacted?
I dont think they would make the same failure twice.

Tasorage can be diffrent in Ultra moon and ultra sun there could be 2 Tasurage forms thats why the dex dint react becuse its new.

I have hopes still.

Can see Fur Coat and Mirror Coat coming together with Counter and Morning Sun.

I wasn't optimistic about Rock/Fire anyway, it seemed a bit too... hopeful.
We've seen from Magcargo that it's a poor combo on the defensive end anyway, I'd be happy that the carrot dog isn't decimated even harder by Water and Ground if I were you.

I wasn't optimistic about Rock/Fire anyway, it seemed a bit too... hopeful.
We've seen from Magcargo that it's a poor combo on the defensive end anyway, I'd be happy that the carrot dog isn't decimated even harder by Water and Ground if I were you.

I'm just a bit biased towards Fire since it's my favourite type. The prospect of a form of my favourite Pokemon this Gen being usable on a Monotype Fire team is simply too great for me.

So, now that we know about it being event-exclusive, does anyone have any idea about the possible evolution method? Being tied to an event-exclusive Rockruff is one thing, but is that really the only requirement for Dusk Lycanroc? I really want to talk about this!

So, now that we know about it being event-exclusive, does anyone have any idea about the possible evolution method? Being tied to an event-exclusive Rockruff is one thing, but is that really the only requirement for Dusk Lycanroc? I really want to talk about this!
I guess it has to evolve at Noon.
I'm just guessing though

Overall... Ehh, I really do like that it's got both Tough Claws and Accelerock but I'd want to see Duskroc's stat spread before I put any serious consideration into using this for UM. I do prefer Minior for a team so our new dog's got that Shell Smash and Acrobatics duo to beat. I'm putting it in my "maybe" group for now.

All that said, I'd love to hear more news later on. It's pretty impressive at the moment.

it probably evolves from like 6-8 (or whatever "dusk"-- and maybe even dawn-- is in SM) and only into Duskroc.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom