• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Thoughts on Lycanroc Dusk

I'd want to see Duskroc's stat spread before I put any serious consideration into using this for UM.

Agreed--and I'd also like to see an improved movepool. My top wishes are a Ground type coverage move like Dig or EQ and, since it likely won't be breedable, access to Rockruff's Egg moves through either level up or special event moves it comes with.

I actually think the special Rockruff will just evolve into Dusk form, no matter at what time. Compared to night and day, dusk isn't too obvious to see in-game and it only being able to evolve in a 1-2 hour timespan is just a very uncool thing to do, as not everyone is able to play during that time. Especially people who work won't be home before it's already night in-game, which starts at 6pm, they'd have to wait until the weekend before they can evolve it or screw up the time on their 3DS.

That said, I remember the ridiculous timespans to get the Mirage Island Legendaries in ORAS, so it also wouldn't surprise me if GF do decide to be asses like that -_-

The anime claimed it evolved because of the green flash so they might make some small gimmick out of the special rockruff so it can be the only one to evolve into carrotwolf

Looking now, I feel like GF have gone and severely overestimated Lycanroc's popularity with this move. It doesn't appear to be up there with previous breakout characters like Charizard or Greninja if everyone's not jumping on this Duskroc bandwagon at day one.

At least, that's my interpretation of the whole scenario. Maybe they picked the wrong species for this event exclusive stunt?

I don't think any of the alolan pokemon will ever be as popular as Charizard or Greninja tbh. Maybe Dedicueye if it retains its goofy personality.

their has to be way to make sure their going to be another evolution form of lycancorck

and more aloha Pokemon

isn't their a new island apperaing soon judging by the multi colors from the ultra forms of sun and moon Pokemon

their has to be way to make sure their going to be another evolution form of lycancorck

and more aloha Pokemon

isn't their a new island apperaing soon judging by the multi colors from the ultra forms of sun and moon Pokemon
With Dusk being Event-exclusive, there is actually almost no chance of a Dawn Lycanroc happening.

More Alola Forms seem possible. But brand new Pokémon? Highly unlikely.

New islands are just speculation for now.

from a status message of mine
I like dusk lycanroc. So what if it is largely a color change? The pretty orange plus the green eyes (that I've heard turn red sometimes...) is a little eerie, and fits well with its sunset theme. Yes, I still much prefer midnight lycanroc, and yes, I wish they'd have done a little more with the design, but for what it is, I do appreciate it. Much more interesting than boring midday lycanroc, anyway. [/message I typed seven times today]
tough claws is neat too

though, it's stupid how it's event exclusive

Disappointed. Not so much towards its design, I think its pretty decent on that department to be honest, but more because it's an event Pokemon. If you think about it, its a bit of a shame that they put time and effort into designing the damn thing, created a bit of lore and then hid it behind an event-wall. Why not make it a generic third forme, what's the point of making this a one time thing..

Disappointed. Not so much towards its design, I think its pretty decent on that department to be honest, but more because it's an event Pokemon. If you think about it, its a bit of a shame that they put time and effort into designing the damn thing, created a bit of lore and then hid it behind an event-wall. Why not make it a generic third forme, what's the point of making this a one time thing..
Because it exists for Ash tbh, that's why it has to be special both in games and anime :p They'll maybe unlock it in future games like they did with zoroark etc

I have to ask is this thing exclusive or not
The recent trailer makes it seem as if certain Rockruff can evolve into it through a method that they're not revealing at this time.

I have to ask is this thing exclusive or not
The recent trailer makes it seem as if certain Rockruff can evolve into it through a method that they're not revealing at this time.
The common assumption right now is that this will be similar to the Battle Bond Greninja, from what I can gather. I hope that's not the case because the said Greninja couldn't breed or get egg moves, something which would seriously hurt Lycanroc since its movepool is already fun-sized to begin with.

I'd think these special snowflake Rockruff would have a different ability than the normal kind, like Duskroc does.

Well we've been told that only the Mystery Gift Rockruff will be able to evolve into Dusk form. Idk what else we're expecting.

I think it's lazy. It's just a recolor of Midday. I don't hate it nor do I dislike it. If it has plushes or figures coming out, I will more than likely buy them and I may even use it in-game, if possible. I just think its design is nothing worth getting excited over. But that's just me. =P

Dusk form Lycanroc is the Ash-Greninja of this generation. At least it will make its appearance in the generation in which it was revealed.

I like it, but the fact that they basically just took the Mid-Day form as a base and re-coloured it and gave it wilder hair is a bit disappointing.

I just hope its stat spread isn't copied from the Mid-Day form.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom