• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Thoughts on Sirfetched?

Ah, maybe I was confusing. What I mean by that is that in gen 2 abilities didn't exist yet. Imposter is the ability that let's Ditto transform automatically when it enters battle. It's really the only upgrade that makes sense for a ditto, so I assume they were trying to do something like that before abilities existed.
Maybe? It could have been interesting, but sadly the poor thing didn't go far in development, so we might never know for sure.

Left a bit open-ended, but if it were legitimately a thing, I don't think this would have been the response.
Admitting to the whole gene-manip theme going on in gen one, might not have been in the interest of N., but honestly it is just a theory and that's the fun of it; eventually ditto 2.0 was turned unsuccessfully into useless ol' castform and then into Rotom anyway

Admitting to the whole gene-manip theme going on in gen one, might not have been in the interest of N., but honestly it is just a theory and that's the fun of it; eventually ditto 2.0 was turned unsuccessfully into useless ol' castform and then into Rotom anyway
I sincerely doubt that Animon has anything to do with Castform or Rotom.

Specially considering how they have completely different origins and appearance. One is a teru teru bozu/cloud mix, and the other is a poltergeist.
All three look like parcheesi pieces with a spike on the head (gonna leave Hitmontop out of his, FOR NOW) and have the shape shift theme in common

Animon could be useful even without Imposter if it had high HP and a Steel typing that wouldn't go away after transforming (it would always be the secondary type). I figure that Imposter Oak would have used it, so that would have been cool in itself.

With or without a new evolution, Ditto deserves to be badass like in the Detective Pikachu movie.

I don't really have a negative opinion of Sirfetch'd, but I don't have a positive one either. He's just meh to me. It's performance on the battlefield will be the make or break for me.

Lugia >> "madame", yes, but "madame" is lugia's homo australopithecus, like who else made the trail-end of feather's look like gangsta-hands? Coincidentally 2 designers working on pkmn gen 2 totally independently from each other? Is there some sort of anti-Alex Jones yall are watching?
If you look at what might have been the design process in the outgoing 20th century, to deny any connection between admittedly badass "madame" and provenly badass Lugia is just triggering to me. Sorry for prior profanity, I guess this is a real life generational gap clouding YOUR vision
Is your avatar Schmudlof (totally unique fakemon), OR just Wigglytuff about to make a keratin-heavy donation to OXFAM?

You might as well hold a giant sign with “I’m a troll” blaring in neon lights for all the obvious troll behavior you’re exhibiting...

I didn't like the design at first, but after I read the description on the official site I'm fond of it. I love how they made it a loyal knight.

The design is pretty solid, and overall a pretty cool Pokemon. I don't think I can see myself using one though. I really liked how they chose to reveal it (initially at least, I think they could have timed it's full reveal a little better), with the glitched Pokemon that moves around the screen, paying homage to the Farfetch'd of the Ilex forest.

I have to say I really like the Lore behind this Pokemon, how it's often chosen as the motif in various art and is always depicted as a noble fighter. And the fact that its leek can wither away and once it does it chooses to retire is symbolic. They did a good job on that part.

I think it looks pretty neat. It's interesting that they made it exclusive to Sword though; it's fitting since its leek is more like a sword now (and it also has a shield now!!), but it's also making me wonder what the Shield exclusive would be.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom