• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Thoughts on Sirfetched?

The wings of Madame and Luiga aren’t that similar. The circled blue section of Madame was probably meant to be exaggerated feathers, not the pseudo-hand wings of Lugia’a design. The circled red part of Madame are tail feathers, and not spines. The green parts are the only spots that could be considered similar but it’s still a stretch.

I’m starting to think you’re a troll...
Lugia >> "madame", yes, but "madame" is lugia's homo australopithecus, like who else made the trail-end of feather's look like gangsta-hands? Coincidentally 2 designers working on pkmn gen 2 totally independently from each other? Is there some sort of anti-Alex Jones yall are watching?

The masks aren't remotely similar and Madame doesn't have the "thumb" that Lugia does- it just uses its wings as hands much like its pre-evolution.

Also Madame is a goose and Lugia is a dragon- compare with Charizard and Aerodactyl (and a lot of other dragon art), you'll see that the body shapes can easily wind up similar.

And those "ornamentary feathers" are likely to be Madame's tail.

Sirfetch'd is just a bleached Farfetch'd with a new pair of vegetables while Madame is a badass dominatrix goose, so I guess we aren't in agreement there. =)
If you look at what might have been the design process in the outgoing 20th century, to deny any connection between admittedly badass "madame" and provenly badass Lugia is just triggering to me. Sorry for prior profanity, I guess this is a real life generational gap clouding YOUR vision

Lugia >> "madame", yes, but "madame" is lugia's homo australopithecus, like who else made the trail-end of feather's look like gangsta-hands? Coincidentally 2 designers working on pkmn gen 2 totally independently from each other? Is there some sort of anti-Alex Jones yall are watching?
Considering how wings are held, most wings drawn to be hand-like inevitably appear to be "gangsta" and two designers deciding to make hand-like wings independently from each other is far from being unlikely, considering how Yveltal acquired hand-wings four generations later.

If you look at what might have been the design process in the outgoing 20th century, to deny any connection between admittedly badass "madame" and provenly badass Lugia is just triggering to me. Sorry for prior profanity, I guess this is a real life generational gap clouding YOUR vision
Why? Are you significantly younger than me?

Just for the record, Madame was in fact a Farfetch'd evolution - i's in the code. You could argue that Lugia "replaced" it, but that would get you nowhere as their roles are completely different.

Sirfetch'd represents what SwSh are to me: Okay, but they could have been much better judging from the past alone.

Does anyone know how much the BST of regional variants tends to change? I am a little disappointed that Sirfetch'd looks so similar, but I'm guessing they opted for evolution instead of variant because they wanted to give farfetch'd a decent boost in stats.

I would have preferred a swan, but I guess Ducklett took the role of the "ugly duckling" pokemon.

Fun fact; the only single-stage pokemon left in gen 1 are Ditto, Lapras, and Tauros.

Edit: the above is considering megas as sort of "half" an evolution. So I guess it's up for interpretation.

Does anyone know how much the BST of regional variants tends to change? I am a little disappointed that Sirfetch'd looks so similar, but I'm guessing they opted for evolution instead of variant because they wanted to give farfetch'd a decent boost in stats.
all regional variants have the same base stat total as their regular forms

While I do feel Lapras and Tauros could benefit from a pre-evolution, judging by Ditto's gimmick, I don't know how an evolution could have worked.
I figure an evolution for Ditto really would be pointless... which might explain Animon's horn and why it was ultimately scrapped. XP

I really do love Animon, but I totally understand why it didn't make it to the final game.

Ditto is already connected to Mew by Lore, baby-lapras and tauros make a lot of sense
No, Ditto and Mew are only connected by an already disproven fan theory.

While I do feel Lapras and Tauros could benefit from a pre-evolution, judging by Ditto's gimmick, I don't know how an evolution could have worked.

My totally uneducated guess is that Ditto 2.0 from the spaceworld demo was some early attempt at creating an Imposter Ditto that they never really got working.

I figure an evolution for Ditto really would be pointless... which might explain Animon's horn and why it was ultimately scrapped. XP

I really do love Animon, but I totally understand why it didn't make it to the final game.

No, Ditto and Mew are only connected by an already disproven fan theory.
explain how

It's aight. Could've done without the samurai eyes or whatever that tryhard cool expression is supposed to be, but it's better than Linoone's evo.

Transform changes ditto's stats to the transformed pokemon, right? I think the only usefulness to a ditto evo is higher speed (to transform quickly) or a couple of extra moves for a "just in case" scenario

I don't recall that fan theory ever being disproven
explain how
There is a rumor that in the original Pokémon games, versions Red and Blue, that the Pokémon Ditto was a failed attempt at cloning a Mew. I was wondering if you could speak to this, to whether or not it’s true.

Masuda:
That’s the first time I have ever hear that rumor actually.

Is that your only answer?

Masuda:
In terms of how Pokémon are designed, they are each their own unique living being. The unique thing about Ditto is that it’s a Pokémon that can change forms, but each Pokémon we create with its own unique element, so we just make sure that they are all individual life forms of their own.
Left a bit open-ended, but if it were legitimately a thing, I don't think this would have been the response.

I don't think so, considering Ditto evolved into it.

Ah, maybe I was confusing. What I mean by that is that in gen 2 abilities didn't exist yet. Imposter is the ability that let's Ditto transform automatically when it enters battle. It's really the only upgrade that makes sense for a ditto, so I assume they were trying to do something like that before abilities existed.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom