• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Thoughts on Sirfetched?

Animon could be useful even without Imposter if it had high HP and a Steel typing that wouldn't go away after transforming (it would always be the secondary type). I figure that Imposter Oak would have used it, so that would have been cool in itself.

With or without a new evolution, Ditto deserves to be badass like in the Detective Pikachu movie.

a mega Ditto. It's the only way. Would be cool if ability would allow to switch forms every turn between pokemon in your party and those ditto met in battle with oponent.

Dynamax Ditto will have a nice touch if used in the right time.

Back to . Sirfetched is cool interesting but weird that they didn't give it Stance Change taking shield and sword motive.
Could be done with Spiky Shield too in my opinion but maybe this way it's more dynamic?
Sniper would make sense.

Seriously with white feathers I could have imagine a fighting/steel pokemon with such a Meteor Assault move.
Do You think it could have second evolution? a 3 stage with helmet and fighting/steel typing? then it would fit to that duck like pokemon we saw with spear , shield and helmet.

Its spear make interesting things possible, all drill based moves and wood hammer with that.

I love the design. Finally a guaranteed spot in my team.

Someone mentioned wanting a Lapras baby-stage; I second this wholeheartedly. Make it happen Gamefreak.

Design is cool, but Troll Freak does what they do best by having Meteor Assault be a hyperbeam-esque ( presumably Fighting) typed move. Maybe the base power is higher than 150, which could see usage and not be pointless.

Why not have its signature be a new high crit fighting type move that ties into Farfetch'd's Stick? Oh well, doesn't ruin anything really as signature's are rarely useful aside from being cool in-game.

Sirfetch'd design is nice but I would have preferred a fighting-flight Pokemon. I am looking forward to know if sirfetch'd has a signature move.

I like that it's primarily one color, a simplistic design reminiscent of Gen 1 imo, and a good call evolving from a pokemon from that era. nothing crazy that would take away from the weapon and shield.

So wait - the Farfetch’d beta evolution from the Gold demo was actually named Madame? I thought that was just a fan term that popped up.

I think we have a good guess as to what our Shield exclusive might be.

Could it be the Fighting gym main pokemon?
Interesting if it gets a fairy move?

Spear, harpoon, lance moves?

Could it be the Fighting gym main pokemon?

I’ve seen several people speculate that Sirfetch’d will be Bea’s ace, but I don’t think that’ll be the case. Bea looks martial arts based as evident by her design and the Hitmontop she uses—I feel a knight Pokémon would be out of of place for her.

Interesting if it gets a fairy move?
I can see Sirfetch’d getting a Fairy move, perhaps Play Rough, due to the presence of knights in a lot of fairy tales.

Spear, harpoon, lance moves?

I can see Poison Jab, Swords Dance, Secret Sword, Slash, and Leaf Blade as likely moves, and Night Slash, Psycho Cut, and Icicle Spear as moves that’d be somewhat fitting.

The design is fine. It's not one I'd ever consider a favorite, but considering how the vast majority of cross-gen Gen I evolutions (aside from Eevee's) have turned out, this one ends up passing with flying colors.

I like that it's primarily one color, a simplistic design reminiscent of Gen 1 imo, and a good call evolving from a pokemon from that era. nothing crazy that would take away from the weapon and shield.

That's a fair assessment, but Farfetch'd's design was already simple, so why'd take away the little color it had.

In addition, Sir'Fetched is based on a knight, which are known for having armour (out of variety of different materials) for protection. Why not give it makeshift armour or include insignias of lord/team it represents on its shield or chest. The insignias could be painted on with berry juice and tie into the soccer theme of Galar.

I love the design. I've read a lot about people wanting the design to have armour, but personally I think that'll be a bit overkill. I like the simplicity of the design and how its sword and shield are organic. Having a helmet wouldn't work as you wouldn't relate to it being Farfetch'd. Chest armour could possibly work, but I think it would need to be made of organic material. Overall I love the design, it's my favourite one in the set so far!

I love the design. I've read a lot about people wanting the design to have armour, but personally I think that'll be a bit overkill. I like the simplicity of the design and how its sword and shield are organic. Having a helmet wouldn't work as you wouldn't relate to it being Farfetch'd. Chest armour could possibly work, but I think it would need to be made of organic material. Overall I love the design, it's my favourite one in the set so far!
I think it would depend on some things- like veggie armor would keep with Farfetch'd's aesthetic. Any armor would also give something to change about a Galarian Farfetch'd, whereas right now... they'd just be turning Farfetch'd white and calling that Fighting somehow.

I think it would depend on some things- like veggie armor would keep with Farfetch'd's aesthetic. Any armor would also give something to change about a Galarian Farfetch'd, whereas right now... they'd just be turning Farfetch'd white and calling that Fighting somehow.

I agree with you, but I'd just wanted to note that this is an evolution to regular Farfetch'd exclusive to Galar. There won't be a Galarian forme for Farfetch'd.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom