• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

THP: The Dividing Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well. You literally brought this on yourself.

Enjoy other RPs you may attend and I thank you for being sensible enough not to be kicked.

I just have to say this: ariplane's gone (kaboom), at least she has propeller-tail as a skill.

That is also physically impossible. I've gone through the calculations.

I have tried to be good-humored about this with you. Just decide how you'll do whatever you're doing and do it. I'm bored of this now and I can't be bothered to type out any more bloody 9000-paragraph arguments explaining what you've done.

Well then, I guess you won't mind if the engine stopped working, needing oil, and the plane were still running, and it took off with some citizen from Castelia piloting it, crashing into a building not even 8 miles away.

No, I wouldn't. Because no one, not even Ozias Wheatley, is that bloody stupid. The building can be ignored and it's just another challenge to overcome if we don't, part of the point of RPing. You'd be doing us a favor.

..... Whew.

*puts the "End Asilla" plans out and replaces it with "Deceased between TDL (Dividing Line) and next one"*

Either way, citizens are sneaky (and dumb) at times, right?

Heyo Are you still accepting sign ups? If so...

Sander Maximillian: More Lovecraftian Data-Horror than Man
Name: Sander Maximillian
Age: 50, if you count the years he's been technically dead.
Pokemon A: Porygon
Pokemon B: Porygon-2
Pokemon C: Porygon-Z (that's a lot of Porygon)

Appearance before merge: Sander was a blond-haired man of about 35 years of age, who liked shirts, jeans and trainers. A casual dresser, for one so devoted to research.
Appearance after merge: Sander appears as a blond, middle-aged human in a pink checkered shirt, blue jeans and white trainers. Pretty normal, right? Well, look closer! Sander is in fact a virtual construct. Detailed inspection will reveal the vectors that make him up. In addition, the presence of Porgon-Z makes his irises and pupils appear to be in constant flux and highly dependent on his mood, as well as meaning that his limbs don't have to be anatomically correct. Limbs floating in space, eyes actually popping out of his head (and revealing a void behind them) when he is surprised... It's safe to say that Sander's appearance can be rather unnerving to those used to biologically sound shapes. He isn't always in the physical world either - his guises include anything that conducts electricity, although anything he 'possesses' in this manner will have pink-and-blue colouring.

Oh, and did I mention his eyes are hexagons?

Personality: Calling Sander a person at this point is a strong statement, but underneath all the glitchiness and such he has actually retained bits of his old self. He has a dry sense of humour and cares about little, his empathy with humans shot entirely to hell. Despite this, he remembers his wife and refuses to show himself to her out of... of... Shame? Regret? It's hard to say but it seems that this is a rare case of Sander's humanity shining through. Ultimately, despite glimmers of humanity and sanity here and there, Sander is almost alien in the way his broken mind works. He is fixable, but only by essentially rewriting who he is - Sander has transcended mere insanity and can no longer be fitted with a psychological label, and no amount of therapy is going to make a difference.

History: Sander Maximillian died during the events of 15 years ago. He was a eminent scientist at the time, studying Porygon and computers in equal measure. Unfortunately, in the resultant mess he got caught in the crossfire and killed off-camera, as it were. Even more unfortunately, he had been inspired by the tales of all these Merges running around and had taken some steps of his own to make one. With nothing but himself as a test subject and no biological expertise, Sander quickly realised that if he was going to make progress he'd have to rely on his programming knowhow and his Porygon specimens. He eventually managed to figure out a way to combine Porygon, Porygon-2 and Porygon-Z data into a single cohesive mass, and then hit upon the bright idea of transferring his mind into it. Of course, he was aware of the dangers of Porygon-Z and how that little glitched-up mess could cause serious problems for a human used to having fixed parameters for everything, and so he planned to refine the Porygon-Z aspect of his cyber-merge to keep its power but not its complications.

Sadly, he was unable to finish this before he met his end. He had taken the step to back up his mind, however, so upon his death his second consciousness activated and carried out the program he had installed for just such an occasion, uploading his mind into his unfinished creation, Over the next 3 agonizing, horrifying hours, Sander Maximillian would come to regret not staying dead as he was reforged and rebuilt - not out of cell and blood but out of file and byte. He merged with the false-creatures his own hand had wrought, gaining their powers and traits as his increasingly unstable mind was stretched almost to breaking point. There is no way or means to describe what happened to Sander as the Z variant was installed. This poor narrator could wax lyrical about reality inverting itself and his memories being consumed by terabyte upon terabyte of garbage data, the feeling of his personality, his very self being randomly reallocated, and his thoughts jumbling together into an utterly disordered mix of gibbering fragments, but I am incapable of speaking of the full weight of existential horror that gripped Sander as everything went wrong.

Now, he spends his days as a digital wreck, flitting back and forth between reality and unreality as he twitches his way through life. Although he has barely retained his humanity, so many things are broken that Sander remains unknowable and inscrutable to all but the most determined.

Flaw A: Sander does not physically exist. He is utterly incapable of using physical attacks, being nothing more than arranged data. Although this makes him immune to physical attacks, it also means he can't physically react with ANYTHING AT ALL, making this something of a net minus.
Flaw B: He is permanently connected to anything electronic around him, and this connection is unbreakable, not even by Sander. Especially not by Sander. He spends most of his day in varying degrees of information overload as a result of this.
Flaw C: Although Sander unbound by the laws of physics, he is also unbound by logic and reason as well. It is literally up to the dice to see what he will do. No seriously, he actually has a diceroller app installed that randomly rolls his actions. Is he going to do what you tell him to do or is he going to roll a d10000 and pick an action? No one knows except Sander, and he ain't telling.

Other: On the plus side, Sander's 'DNA' is far more malleable than even the most heavily-merged specimen. If you had a genius level programmer, it would be entirely possible to fix Sander. If you could catch him. It also goes without saying that he isn't a classical Merge, being as he doesn't really have biological DNA. During the RP, programmers and scientists working in similar fields should be able to restore him to working order bit by bit, and may even be able to give him physical existence.

I like to go for detail. Either that or I like words.

Either way, I'm off to make myself known in the startup.

Well, I've been reading through the Startup, trying to figure out what was going on. I don't need any real reason to just show up somewhere because my character kind of works best without a reason for anything, but I just wanted to make sure no one's toes were stepped on. I'm almost ready to post, but thanks for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom