• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Three Hearts To Steel

Three Hearts To Steel
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Three hearts, all taken by the Steel-Clad Defense Girl. Three stories featuring rare ships with Gym Leader Jasmine.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Three Hearts To Steel
VSJasmine.png
A collection of stories I've written about my favorite Gym Leader in the franchise, Jasmine! I love her so much. An absolute badass sweetheart who trains steel types. I could write a paper as to why she is Pokémon's best girl, but I rather write stories about her and three of my favorite Jasmine pairings. Lol, I hope you guys enjoy them!

The Best Find
The Best Find
Spr_B2W2_Steven.png
Spr_B2W2_Jasmine.png
Rating: Everyone
Genres: Romance, Family.
Characters: Jasmine, Steven Stone, Mr. Joseph Stone
Pairing: Steven/Jasmine (SteelcareShipping)
Summary: Steven Stone presents his father with something beyond the rocks and minerals he collects.
Links: Archive of Our Own | Fanfiction.net
The first story in the collection. Features one of the first Jasmine ships I've ever loved. To be frank, I have always adored SteelcareShipping and am rather surprised there isn't much-written content for them. It's strange, I have seen some fan art and some fan support, but where is the fanfiction? Well, somebody had to do it. I even had a long fanfic idea for them once...
I believe Steven and Jasmine would get along quite well, given their love for steel types and traveling. I think they would have a pretty solid and wholesome relationship. Enjoy this story!

Rustboro was a bustling city, blessed with sunny skies on this particular morning. It was small in population, but it held its utopia. After all, it was the first city a novice pokémon trainer would visit in the Hoenn League. There resided the Rustboro Gym. Its gym leader, the Rock-type teacher Roxanne, could be challenged to receive the Stone Badge. A hallmark in one's journey to reach Ever Grande City - the apple of a trainer's eye.

However, there was something more influential to the city than the gym itself. It was home to the Devon Corporation. Hoenn's most powerful business industry, enough to rival Silph Co from the Kanto region. The company was at the heart of Rustboro — if anything, the city managed to thrive thanks to it. The head of the corporation was an elderly man, well-suited. Proper for a businessman. He sat at his desk, making calculations of this month's profits on the number of timer pokéballs sold around the region.

There was a knock on his office door. He paused himself from his paperwork and lifted his head, surprised by the abrupt tap. "Yes?"

"Mr. Stone, your son would like to see you," said his secretary from the door. The head of Devon Corp stiffened over the sudden visit of Steven. He had seen him not too long ago. What brought him to come here again?

"Hmm, I'm a little busy at the moment..." he trailed off. "...ah what the heck, let him in."

"I would also like to say that he brought his wife along... if that's all right with you?"

"Of course."

One-click and the door opened. A well-dressed, young light blue-haired man in a suit held hands with a petite brunette in a white summer dress and shoes. They went in, and the secretary closed the door, leaving them with her boss.

Mr. Joseph Stone released a heartwarming grin at the young couple. "Steven, I see you are doing well."

"Yes, Dad. It's nice to see you again," greeted Steven in return.

"Jasmine," Joseph added, welcoming the woman with his son. "You look as beautiful as ever."

"Oh, it's — it's nice to meet with you again Mr. Stone," replied Jasmine bashfully. Her cheeks were rosy, slightly embarrassed by the compliment. Mr. Stone chuckled, Steven's wife was so shy.

"Just call me Joseph, my dear. You're my daughter-in-law after all. Anyhow, what brings you two to my office today?" Joseph inquired, changing the subject. "Is it important?"

"Well, not how you would see things Dad, but yes... it's important," explained Steven.

"Oh? Did you discover another rare mineral? You want to show me it before you end up putting it in the rock collection back at your house?"

"Dad!" cried his son, in surprise at his father's sarcastic commentary.

Joseph chuckled at Steven's flustered face. "Jasmine, do tell... how you put up with my son?"

Steven frowned at his father's teasing and shook his head. He hoped Jasmine would shrug off the statements. Meanwhile, she laughed uneasily. These types of bickerings between father and son were no stranger to the former Steel-type Gym Leader of Olivine City. She reminisced that her husband once said to her that his father was a difficult man for him to understand

"Ah, it's a different kind of discovery," she hinted. With this, it would end the light feud and move on with the purpose of their meeting.

Joseph raised his eyebrows, curiosity piqued. "I'm listening."

Steven regained his composure. He made a smile at Jasmine as he squeezed their hands together. "It's more precious than any stone I have ever encountered throughout my travels."

"What?" His father asked in disbelief, quite shocked. If he recalled correctly, his son was a huge admirer and collector of rare stones and gems. What could possibly be more important to him than that? Of course, there was his sweet Jasmine, but Joseph knew that his love for rocks was just as important.

"Well, what is it?" he added, willing to uncover the answer.

The former Hoenn Champion and Johto Gym Leader mirrored each other with a grin. They faced the president of the Devon Corp with warm expressions.

"We're having a baby," announced Steven.

Joseph's eyes widened at the announcement. There was a sudden bliss that came rushing into his head. The number of emotions swelled into pure euphoria. He once worried for his son — Steven mostly kept to himself from the public and focused on his travels. Not that he wasn't social, but he was too keen on the rocks he enjoyed collecting along with battling. Now, he was going to start a family of his own. A change that came when he left the single life.

One time, he feared what would happen to Steven if he would pass away. He was not immortal like the God Arceus, would he be all right? Would he be fine with being alone once he took over the Devon Corp? Who would care for him when he was ill or in pain? He dreaded that type of life for his son and hoped that he would find a companion one day. Only to find that many women who went after his son were not interested in his nerdy love for rocks and his silent, modest, persona. More for his looks, fame, and money... shallow reasons at best.

Jasmine was a pure-hearted girl from Johto who shared a major love of steel-type pokémon like his son. She even trained them. She was interested in traveling just as much as Steven, participating in contests. Willing to explore and feel the world since she stepped into the sands of Sunyshore City in the Sinnoh region once. When she heard of contests in the Hoenn region, she had to make a trip. It was there that she met her husband.

Joseph remembered when Steven first mentioned Jasmine during a trip to Lilycove City. Her eyes had set on Lilycove's lighthouse, bringing her gentle memories of Olivine's Glitter Lighthouse. It was a marvelous landmark along with the nearby Museum of fine art. At first, he had no intention of approaching her - but the beldum near her feet was difficult to ignore. Endless hours of talking about steel types in the night, making a soft stroll among the shores of Lilycove.

The next morning, he invited her for breakfast. Steven was impressed by the number of bowls of food Jasmine consumed in an hour. It had a unique charm to it, much when she found it endearing that he brought one of his prized minerals to the table.

They were a pair of lovable dorks, Joseph thought. He wondered then if they would grow close, seeing that Jasmine loved to hear about his son geeking out over the stones he prized. Rather cute. Steven invited her to explore caves throughout the region. Some, which she joined in... they even polished and trained their steel types together often. Their lives became so intertwined that it led to rings on their fingers.

That was five years ago, he did not worry anymore. Steven found someone who accepted him. Jasmine became his love not for his wealth and fame, but for himself, and would spend the rest of his life with her. Joseph suddenly rose from his chair and embraced his son, excited about becoming a grandfather.

"Congratulations. Steven, this might be your best find yet."

Last edited:
All I Want
All I Want
Spr_B2W2_Whitney.png
Spr_B2W2_Jasmine.png

Rating: Everyone
Genres: Romance, Friendship, Coming of Age
Characters: Jasmine, Whitney, Morty, Falkner, Erika, Sabrina. Volkner (Mentioned).
Pairings: MiakaneShipping (Whitney/Jasmine), HonorShipping (Morty/Falkner), FemmeGymShipping (Erika/Sabrina), AlexandrianShipping (Volkner/Jasmine - Past).
Summary: The Incredibly Pretty Girl would rather die than confess her feelings to the Steel-Clad Defense Girl. Fortunately, what Whitney feared was far from the truth.
Links: Archive of Our Own | Fanfiction.net
The second story in this collection! Whitney is absolutely one of the people who I ship Jasmine with. Tough cookie with Miltank, but overall I find her enjoyable. I think her relationship with Jasmine is fun, and I have no qualms about it being romantic. MiakaneShipping is extremely underrated and deserves more attention. I just had to contribute by writing this one shot, it has my loyalty. Enjoy!

"Just tell her."

Whitney stopped, sinking her heel into the grass. She twisted around, giving Morty a callous glare. The thought of spilling out - feelings - to her. To the timid woman who was currently the Gym Leader of Olivine City. The sweet caretaker of the Glitter Lighthouse with an ampharos who she loved dearly.

The Steel-Clad Defense Girl.

Jasmine.

Horrifying.

"No."

It was short, and straight to the point. Morty sighed, crossing his arms. Whitney was being stubborn, more so than usual. The Incredibly Pretty Girl of Goldenrod.

More like the Incredibly Petty Girl.

Whitney made a small pout, mirroring Morty's actions with folding arms of her own. "Just because Falkner returned your feelings doesn't mean Jasmine will."

"You haven't even tried," Morty muttered. "How long are you going to keep it bottled up? It's not good for you, Whitney."

There he was again, lecturing her. What was right, what was wrong. It was tiresome and she was on the brink of screaming at him.

She spared him that. Whitney released her arms to her sides, looking up at the bright blue sky above. "Do you think she misses him?"

"Who? Volkner? Not really." Morty scratched the back of his head, puzzled that a former lover of Jasmine was mentioned. "You do realize it has been years since they broke up right? I'm pretty sure Jasmine is over it by now."

"You're right..." Whitney sat on the sidewalk, looking down at her sneakers. What was once clean and new, now stained with dirt from years of softball practice. From the soles to the shoelaces.

"She was too good for him anyway."

"You've repeated that more than once. May remind you that you punched him in the face when he broke up with Jasmine?"

Whitney threw her hands up. "He made her cry! I wasn't gonna let him get away with that! Why are you bringing that up anyway? That was back when we were stupid and immature. We're older now."

"You brought him up first. And that is why you should shoot your shot," said Morty. "You and Jasmine have had more experience since then. It could work out between you two."

"I guess…" She looked away, her face blushing a soft pink hue. The whole idea seemed too much. She would rather die than confess, Jasmine may not even look at her the same.

"You have been pining for her for years, what is holding you back?" Morty asked.

"She… well… I mean… we're both women. What if she doesn't – "

"You haven't even asked her."

"True! But… it would be awkward to - "

"It's better than keeping it in the dark. Whitney, you only have one life. Make the best out of it."

Whitney chuckled. "Who are you giving out sudden advice? Lance? You really want me to confess, do you?"

"I'm only looking out for you as a friend. Don't forget you encouraged me to confess to Falkner. It's only fair." Morty whipped up a small smile and reached out his hand. "Just know, whatever happens, I'll be here for you."

It was reassuring, at the very least – she had a good friend. Morty was always someone to rely on. Whitney accepted the handshake, a faint smile on her lips.

"Thanks."

It had been three days since Whitney last saw Morty.

She didn't confess to Jasmine.

He had blown up her phone regarding the confession that was supposed to be scheduled yesterday. Whitney refused to respond. She lied, she never got to see the shy and beautiful girl from Olivine City. What kind of excuse could she come up here? Morty was waiting for a reply.

She lay on the bed, staring at her pokégear's screen. She sighed. Should she message or call Jasmine? Would she be back from the Hoenn region? She was attending some contests there. The last text she received was that she was at Lilycove City.

The Lighthouse here reminds me of Olivine… The text read.

Whitney scrolled through the messages.

Do you like it more than Sunyshore?

Sunyshore is beautiful, but Lilycove is a paradise on its own.

Jasmine was smitten with the place. Of course it would remind her of Olivine City! The beautiful shores and sunny skies… along with its small lighthouse sparked memories of home.

Nothing like the overcrowded, noisy, busy metropolis of Goldenrod City.

Would a date in her home even work? Jasmine never said anything rude about Goldenrod, but Whitney knew… she would always prefer the ocean waves over light pollution.

Just tell her.

Morty's words replayed in her head. She shut the phone and chucked it, it hit the gym bag with her softball equipment. A loud clunk and that was it.

"Why?"

Morty sounded upset, piercing out a frown. Whitney kicked the dirt, hands behind her back like a child.

"I'm a coward."

"You are." He was harsh, but Whitney understood. The confrontation was much worse in person, and with Falkner here... it was mortifying.

"Is your pride in the way?" He asked.

"What? No!" Whitney stomped her foot. "I could care less about that!"

"Then why haven't you said anything yet?"

Whitney sighed. "You're not gonna believe this…"

She mentioned Jasmine making an acquaintance, but not an ordinary one. He was a powerful trainer… dawning his reign across the Hoenn League as Champion. To make it worse, he specialized in steel types. Like Jasmine.

She couldn't compete.

Morty thought she was making a mountain out of a molehill. His boyfriend agreed.

"They just met, and you're assuming they're going to become a couple," Falkner sighed.

"Well, have you seen Steven Stone?! He is super pretty and all the girls love him!" Whitney shouted. "Calling him handsome and all that. He could sweep Jasmine off her feet if he wanted to!"

"You're downplaying yourself, Whitney. I thought you considered yourself to be pretty too."

"If there is anyone prettier than me, it is Jasmine! That is one thing I will admit!"

"You're hopeless," Morty mumbled, hand over his forehead as sweat hit. "Maybe a certain someone from Kanto can help."

Whitney sat at the table, legs crossed. A vileplume poured hot green tea over her teacup. It had been a long time since she had entered the Kanto region's greenhouse of exotic plants. Or, otherwise known as the Celadon Gym.

Across, Erika sipped her tea. "You worry too much, Whitney. Are you truly willing to admit defeat so quickly?"

"Not you too…" Whitney muttered, lifting the teacup's handle.

"It's pretty obvious to most of us in the Indigo League that you like Jasmine. It's not so much a secret as you think."

"Gee, thanks. Like that helps."

"Oh Whitney, you're adorable." Erika placed her cup down on the saucer. "I am sure with how you are, you needn't worry about Jasmine going towards anyone else. She had only recently met Mr. Stone and Volkner has been out of the picture for years. You have nothing to fear."

Whitney chugged her tea like a bottle of vodka. Unlike Erika with her traditional customs, she was brutish. She was different in that regard. Erika blinked. "Oh my, is it not that hot?"

Whitney wiped her mouth as she set the cup down. "I can handle it. That was refreshing."

"Having tea again, love?" A soft voice peered through, Erika nodded and greeted her girlfriend. Sabrina, the stoic psychic gym leader of Saffron City. She returned the welcome with a small kiss, the most affectionate Whitney had seen of her. Her hair had grown longer and wore a small pendant that was a gift from her beloved Erika.

"You've come at a perfect time my dear," Erika said. "It seems our poor friend Whitney will not confess her feelings to Jasmine."

"I see." Sabrina sat next to her girlfriend.

"Why is everyone getting on my case?" Whitney facepalmed, groaning. "Maybe I shouldn't have come. Stupid Morty for bringing you two into this…"

"Jasmine cares a lot about you. I hope you know that," said Sabrina.

"That's very true. She's been wanting to see you," Erika added.

"Really now?" Whitney asked sarcastically.

"Of course, now are you going to make your move - "

" - or never take it at all?" Sabrina finished.

"I will! I just… need to find the right place at the right time."

"Then this will be a start. Wait here." Erika rose up and left the table. Whitney was puzzled over where she went, while Sabrina thanked Erika's vileplume over the tea.

"Tell me… did Erika really confess?" Whitney asked, changing the subject. Sabrina picked up the hot tea, before tasting the cooling camellia.

"Yes."

"It was that simple, huh?"

"Yes."

"I guess I am making it more complicated than it looks."

"I do not blame you for your fear of rejection," Sabrina said, placing her cup back on the saucer. "It's… a terrifying feeling. Especially if you are unsure if that person will reciprocate your feelings."

"Exactly! You get it…"

"But you must also take the risk, otherwise there will be regrets."

"I… I know."

Erika returned, presenting a rose bouquet in her hands. Whitney arched an eyebrow. "Who are those for?"

Her eyes widened when Erika gifted her the flowers. "For Jasmine. Give it to her. Please note, each color of the rose here has a meaning. Red means true love."

"Purple is passion," said Sabrina.

"Burgundy is devotion. Light pink is innocence and appreciation, and yellow is friendship," Erika finished. "I believe all these convey your feelings to her, yes?"

Damn that Erika.

Whitney was grumbling to herself, clutching the bouquet in her hands. Just what was she doing here? In front of the Glitter Lighthouse of all places. She only texted Jasmine if she could visit, and she replied, accepting her invitation. It had been a while since they last hung out. Whitney deduced that they would continue to talk about Jasmine's trip to the Hoenn region. About the glamorous contests and cheering crowds. The contestant's camera flashes with the paparazzi, the place of grandeur. And of course, the famous Mr. Steven Stone that was marveled at her performance using a steelix.

Eventually, Jasmine would ask about her. What she had been up to. What she had been doing.

Plotting for my own demise of course… Whitney's thoughts were jumbled, trying to fit but weren't, like wrong puzzle pieces.

At this rate, she knew what had to be done. Her friends were urging on, wishing her luck through texts and eagerly waiting for the result. There was no going back here. This time, she actually promised them she would do it. She would tell Jasmine her feelings.

Even if she felt sick to her stomach coming here, trembling like a frightened clefairy at Mt. Moon.

Whitney took a deep breath, stepping inside.

The top of the lighthouse was always a marvel. Its glass windows display the entirety of Olivine along with its sandy beaches. The ocean current hit the shore. Very few were out at this time of night, but Jasmine could see small traces of light near the beach. People down there enjoying the coast, much like herself. Olivine was special in that regard. No matter where she traveled, she would always return here.

The elevator doors opened. Whitney stood, gulping. Her hands quivered as they shook the rose bouquet.

She made a light step forward, then back. She was fumbling, oh no.

Get it together, Whitney!

Jasmine's eyes looked up at her, and she wanted to run. Whitney's face was turning red, so much she almost dropped the bouquet. "Crap!"

Luckily, it stayed in her arms. The elevator doors shut and she was alone in the Light Room.

With Jasmine.

So help me, Arceus.

Whitney laughed, stilted. "H – hey. It's been a while…"

Jasmine grinned, it was the cutest thing she had seen. Too cute, even.

"It has been, Whitney."

She observed the flowers in her hands. "Oh? Is that…?"

"Oh - ah! Uh…" Whitney was clumsy in holding the bouquet. "These - are… uh… for…!"

She cleared her throat, this wasn't going as well as she had hoped. "T - they are - for… I mean… catch!"

She calmed herself in the thing she was the best at. She tossed the roses like a softball, pretending she was on the diamond field.

Jasmine caught the bouquet, scanning the myriad of colors over the roses. They were quite lovely and freshly picked. A soft, calming scent to them. She blushed, she hadn't received such a beautiful gift in a long time.

Whitney wanted to die.

YOU IDIOT! WHY? THIS ISN'T SOFTBALL! WHY DID I - WHY DID DO THAT?!

Her pitiful attempt of saving grace was awkwardly laughing. "Oops! I meant - to give it to you properly! But - they're... for you!"

Please kill me.

"For me?"

It's official, she thinks I am a weirdo.

"Y – yeah…" Whitney played with her fingers. "Do… you like them? I know roses are given to people you care about… and you're one of them... so!"

Jasmine glanced at the bouquet. "They're… quite lovely. And so many colors... I couldn't possibly…"

"Please, accept them. Otherwise, this will all be for nothing."

"I beg pardon?"

"Just take them!" Whitney scurried to a nearby seat in the Light Room. "So, uh… I am sure you wanna talk to me more about - your contests in Hoenn."

"Well… yes," Jasmine said, placing the flowers on a nearby table. "But…"

She sat next to her friend, taking a deep breath of her own. "There is something I need to tell you first."

"Oh… what is it?" Whitney's own sweat began to beat down her face, an unpleasant thought. She could sense Jasmine was reserved in wanting to speak, she was shaking!

"Jazzy, are you all right?"

"Um…" Jasmine pushed back a strand of her brown hair. "To be honest… I am glad you came to visit. I… really am."

"Really?"

"Because… there is something I've been meaning to tell you. Please… I… only - hope… you will understand."

"Shoot, Jazzy."

"Tell me… how… do - do you… feel… about…"

Her face was beet red, clutching her teal dress, legs quaking. Whitney wanted to hold her close then and there.

She restrained. No, I shouldn't… it might be awkward.

"…oh, I can't do this!" Jasmine hurriedly left her seat and ran out of the Light Room. She bolted down the stairs, leaving Whitney behind. What could drive her to leave so quickly? She was about to tell her something important!

Nonetheless, she went after her.

How long had it been since they last played tag? It was their fun pastime as childhood friends. Whitney reminisced on how she would steal Jasmine's sunhat that she used to wear on bright sunny days. The girl would chase her all around - whether at Olivine's beaches or Goldenrod's busy streets. There would be laughter, maybe then a tackle when she was within reach. They were fun times, precious memories Whitney held close. The nostalgia returned, even if this chase wasn't for fun.

Jasmine dashed through the sand, making her way further to the beach's shoreline. She even tossed away her sandals so she could run faster, now barefoot. Whitney would catch up to her soon anyway, she was always faster.

When Whitney made it to the beach, she ignored the sand digging into her socks. The soft gravel wasn't enough to keep her from reaching Jasmine.

Nothing ever could.

"Jasmine!" She cried out, panting as she inched in on her. Her small figure was in the distance, still running.

"You've… gotten better with stamina." More sand piled into her shoes. "But… I'm faster!"

She increased the speed, sprinting to her. Jasmine stopped, she would have to admit defeat. Whitney would always win in the chase.

It finished, and Whitney was a few steps behind her. She was on her knees, panting.

"J - Jasmine…"

Jasmine gazed down at the waves hitting her feet. Cold water splashed onto her ankles, it was nearly a foot deep.

"That was fun… was it?"

Whitney was confused, this girl did not make sense. First, she claimed she had something important to say now they were just playing cat and mouse! Did anything ever make sense between them?

Or perhaps, it was just how they were with each other. None of this was coherent, but it didn't matter.

She was here, with her - that was what mattered.

"It was… but…" Whitney breathed. "But… why?! Why did you... make me chase you all the way here?! I don't understand… you said you had something important to tell me! You can't leave me hanging – huh?"

She was met with a seashell, Jasmine held it out to her. Although awkwardly, she seemed more composed than before.

"Wha… what?"

"It's - for you," Jasmine admitted, looking away slightly. "I found it during my trip to Lilycove."

"That's amazing." Whitney accepted the gift. She felt the shell's softened texture, swirled brown patterns around with ribbed edges. "You shouldn't have. Jazzy…"

"Um, I am not finished." She tried to keep calm, and Whitney blinked. Jasmine dusted off any sand that blew through her ankles, the small grains fell deep into the waves beneath her feet.

"I was hoping we could talk about it in a more… proper setting…"

"Wait, what? But you seemed so afraid to talk earlier, huh?!"

"I… I wanted to make an entrance… Erika recommended it."

"So, this was just an act." Whitney shook her head. "Ugh, you got me. Well, you got my attention. Some way to ask for us to come here."

"Well, I am still a bit hesitant…" Jasmine mumbled. "But…"

She took another deep breath, much more profound than the previous one. "Throughout my travels, I have… grown more confident. A lot has changed since I entered my first contest… so I want to say… I am proud of myself. I feel… less afraid to talk to people. I feel… I have found myself."

"Really? That's great Jazzy!"

"Whitney, you have always been there for me. Since childhood, you have never faltered in being... by my side. You… always encouraged me, to never give up. You even attended some contests just to cheer me on. You once carried me back home when I was sick. I could go on with so many things you have done for me. You were even there for me… when…"

It was like a silent whisper, but Whitney could hear the words.

"…when my heart was broken."

She remembered that day, the day when she could only hear Jasmine's hard sobs on her shoulder. Where she gripped the girl tight and released sobs of her own. Volkner didn't believe the relationship would work out anymore, but Jasmine was too idealistic. Delusional with rose-colored glasses believing her relationship was perfect, too deep in love to see the cracks.

He was too focused on the thrill of strong battles, it was his passion. Jasmine wasn't much of a battler, even if she held the position of Gym Leader. She preferred to dazzle her pokémon with contests, but Volkner didn't see the excitement in them even if he supported her. Jasmine was also too timid at the time to properly express her feelings, Volkner couldn't read minds.

Of course, they shared wonderful memories. From their first kiss to the small walks among Sunyshore's beaches. It was an innocent first love but it wasn't meant to be. Volkner tried to be amicable about it because it was painful. Whitney, out of her own grief and anger over Jasmine's fragile heart being shattered… only incited the only thing she thought was right. Even if Falkner pulled her back and Morty yelled at her for inciting violence.

It was only a punch. She hadn't seen Volkner since.

Did it feel right? It did, she didn't regret it back then.

Now, being older… she found it childish.

"No, I was… an asshole," Whitney admitted. "I shouldn't have hit your ex."

"We were only teenagers then, Whitney. It's been many years."

"You didn't look at me in the eye for over a week for doing that! It wasn't the right way to do it! I was - just so angry! Arceus should have punished me that day!"

"Whitney, please. It's all right, it's in the past. I know you did it for my sake…"

"I just… never wanna see you so broken like that again. I'd… do anything to prevent that…"

"Then… I only ask one thing."

"What is it?"

Jasmine took a few steps back, prepping a small smile and her hands behind her back.

"Stay with me."

Whitney's eyes widened, her mouth trembling as she struggled to speak words.

"Wait… do… y – you… mean…"

"I suspected - for a long time. It started a year ago," Jasmine revealed. "I… I realized how much you truly mean to me. I was hesitant, but - I know what I want. This feels much different than when I fell in love with Volkner... like it feels natural. I have matured since then. I am no longer looking at love as something I crave but accept. I… I want to be with you if you'll allow it. That's all I want, but if not... I completely understand. Just know as long as you are happy, then that is enough for me."

"Oh… oh my." Whitney's cheeks blushed a beet red, her chest rising as she felt euphoria all over her head. She even couldn't stop the quiet tears streaming down her face, all she feared. Gone.

"This… this has to be a dream…" Her lips curved into a delicate smile.

"No, silly. I take it… you feel the same way?" Jasmine asked sweetly.

"I… I do. I've loved you for a long time. I just never dreamed you would - especially since your last serious relationship was with a man."

"True. I've... never been with a woman before, but who is to say I can't? This feels so new, but so... right."

It was like a long release of relief. It was no wonder then, that Whitney's friends kept urging on. Jasmine mentioned earlier Erika told her to perform her little act earlier. Did they know? Were they that discreet in hiding Jasmine's own feelings?

None of that mattered anymore. Nothing measured to this. Whitney inched close to Jasmine, hand cupping one of her cheeks softly. Soft, like porcelain over her hardened hand from playing sports. This was the girl she wanted to spend her life with.

"I promise to be the best girlfriend ever."

Jasmine giggled, pressing her face closer to hers. Their lips touched, locking into the most gentle kiss over the crashing waves of Olivine's shore. Once their lips parted, Jasmine smiled.

"I know you will, maybe the best lover too."

Please note, I do not hate Volkner. I have been tinkering with an idea for his side of the story, but with Flint playing a role in it as well. Perhaps, I'll get to it someday.

A small shoutout to HonorShipping (Morty/Falkner) and FemmeGymShipping (Erika/Sabrina) in this story, because I like those ships too. Giving love to all the underrated and rare pairs I ship in Pokémon is what I've been doing. I don't plan to stop, as I have more stories planned in the future.

Feedback is appreciated, thank you for reading.

Last edited:

I've seen this fic floating around and only now have I gotten a chance to read it! You did a great job really writing down Whitney's personality. That's the fun of writing her when she's romantically interested in someone, you know? She comes off normally as confident, loud, and kinda boisterous, but when she's smitten she really doesn't know how to get a grasp on things. And it's so cute to see her get all awkward~. And you played it so well. Honestly Erika being the kind of girl to get two ladies to get together is so in character for her.

Excellent stuff. Sorry I didn't read this sooner! This is inspiring me to work on my Jasmine/Erika fic. You get a good deal of approval from me.

I've seen this fic floating around and only now have I gotten a chance to read it! You did a great job really writing down Whitney's personality. That's the fun of writing her when she's romantically interested in someone, you know? She comes off normally as confident, loud, and kinda boisterous, but when she's smitten she really doesn't know how to get a grasp on things. And it's so cute to see her get all awkward~. And you played it so well. Honestly Erika being the kind of girl to get two ladies to get together is so in character for her.

Excellent stuff. Sorry I didn't read this sooner! This is inspiring me to work on my Jasmine/Erika fic. You get a good deal of approval from me.

Ahh, thank you so much! :bulbaLove: I am so glad that a Whitney fan told me that I nailed her right. Proper characterization is something I take to a great deal when writing fanfiction. Glad I was able to achieve that! Whitney is so much fun to write, honestly. Rambunctious but a mess around Jasmine, hehe. I like her a lot too, literally based with that Miltank ruining peoples' playthroughs. A great challenge for sure.

And I am glad this fic has given you inspiration! If you ever write that Ikebana fanfic, I'll definitely check it out! I love me some Jasmine shipping.

Back
Top Bottom