• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Three March Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie was a nice character but I wouldn't want him to be in this. He's an AG character, this is a NEW series. Why would they put a character from the ancient past in the current anime?

They should bring in new Rangers from the new games and not old ones.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Jackie was cool.

Seconded. And Movie 9 continuity would be very appreciated.

Jackie was a nice character but I wouldn't want him to be in this. He's an AG character, this is a NEW series. Why would they put a character from the ancient past in the current anime?

They should bring in new Rangers from the new games and not old ones.

You're still sore that May hasn't been mentioned, aren't you? It's the same damn continuity, so AG stuff has as much right to show up as anything else.

Ancient...past?

Jackie, a movie character, from nearly 2 years ago, appearing in the D/P anime? Why do people think that just because characters appeared in the anime (and a movie character, no less) in a previous series that the writers don't consider this a fresh start? This is a new series with a whole new generation of kids growing up with it, it isn't fair to them for the writers to bring up a character from a movie that nobody is going to remember.

We probably won't even see Solana because she's from Ranger 1 and Ranger 2 has new characters to replace her.

Most likely this ranger will be based on the new game hero/ine
Ash and Brock might say they met rangers in the past or act like they know what ranger is while Dawn doesn't but that's it
We shouldn't expect mentions and especially not appearance of Solana/Jackie (but who knows... we might get a surprise)

I want this ranger to have Kricketot as his partner
If they'll choose from the possible partners in the new game than:
- all of these are already owned by main characters: Starly (it's Staravia now but still), Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Pachirisu, Croagunk, Mime Jr.
- and these already appeared in DP: Misdreavus, Cranidos, Shieldon, Hippopotas
That leave us with: Munchlax, Machop, Kricketot, Snover, Gible, Sneasel

I think we got enough of Munchlax/Machop/Sneasel before DP
Snover and Gible can appear later
But Kricketot still didn't appear after almost 70 episodes (compare that to how early we got Caterpie/Weedle/Wurmple) except for like one background appearance

I could see them doing a short flashback to the Solana Ranger episodes just to remind the viewer of the Ranger concept, but that's about it.

And I'm going to explode if youtube won't have DP67 soon... if someone finds the episode anywhere please pm me... I don't want to check if someone said something in the episode's thread since I'll get spoilers ><
EDIT: ok now youtube have it... they didn't have it 10 minutes ago XD just search "DP67"

Well, now I'm the one who can't find it, only the preview. Probably it got deleted due to copyright bullshit.

Pretty sure this ranger will have, y'know, Riolu as his partner.

I mean, it's kinda...obvious.

The Chingling filler looks like a boring episode, since Chingling isn't so appealing.
What makes ya say that? It could be an amazing episode for all any of us know. :p

Scott85 said:
Chingling? Will James remember his Chimecho or will it be totally forgotten about?
With the writers being better with continuity in recent years (lack of May and Max references in DP aside), it sounds like a safe bet to assume Chimecho's going to get mentioned. ^^

Anyway, that is neat that Ranger 2 is going to be promoted in the anime. I'm agreed on Riolu being a Ranger's partner.

FabuVinny said:
With the recent confirmation that Ash remembers movie 8, I'm interested to see where the writers are taking this plotline.
Oh, that sounds cool. Always nice to see some movie references in the actual show! I love Movie 8, so now I'm eagerly waiting for the Lucario eps to be dubbed. :D

Chingling blows....

....in the wind. X)

(oh god, I dunno what I'm saying anymore)

Anyway, atleast we'll get alot of Movie 8 music in this special. I love that soundtrack.

I think we should start counting the episodes to the next Gym now since we're back into filler land, mostly.

Between Gardenia and Maylene it took them about 30 episodes. Now we're in the Maylene to the 4th Gym stretch...start counting the episodes now and see if we make it there quicker this time.

Whoa! It's that time already? Pokemon Ranger steps in along with Riolu in March. Wonder if Gen/Riley will be involved here in any way?

Doesn't look like the Chingling episode would be interesting unless it evolves during that episode.

I think so!He will appear as the one the Ranger is protecting and he would think that Ash is the Ranger and give Ash a Rhyhorn egg.........joking only, its going to be a Shiny Stone and he'll give it to Nando(probably) or Drew or even Misty!:p

Seconded. And Movie 9 continuity would be very appreciated.

Yes!I hope Phione and Duplica would appear in the sequal!

Last edited:
But Kricketot still didn't appear after almost 70 episodes (compare that to how early we got Caterpie/Weedle/Wurmple) except for like one background appearance

No, it has appeared! It appeared for a few seconds together with Shinx, Cherubi, Starly and Bidoof in DP066!:p

I wonder if the ranger eppy will have Hinata in it?

Since Ranger 2 has new main characters, we might not see Hinata. Still as said, a flashback of her to remind the audience of the ranger concept would be ideal.

Let's not start the "If Ash uses Aura, he'll die" bollocks again, please.

I'd love Ash to learn a couple of the things Movie 8 Lucario could do, like the Aura Sense and maybe the telepathy. With a little luck, the writers might even remember him getting them.

Sadly, Pikachu is unlikely to learn Aura Sphere. ^_^
Okay, okay....

Sorry, cassius335. I didn't mean to bring that up again. That's just my uh, sense of worry. When it comes to Ash, I tend to get a little carried away in my speculations. XD

And plus, it doesn't help that in most D/P episodes, the writers always have some form of Main Character Abuse planned for Ash (usually, in the episodes that center around Ash, he'll end up getting injured or something, liked knocked unconscious, or nearly drowned, or bruised...). Also, since Ash is so brave, he has a tendency to not care about his health or physical condition whatsoever. Therefore, if anyone he knows were to be in danger, he'd willingly sacrifice himself in order to protect the ones he loves. Heh, I think I've said enough now. I'm sure you get the picture, lol. XD

Like I said, I worry WAY too much about Ash, despite the fact I know he'll always be okay in the end (given that he is the main character, afterall). ^^;

To be honest, actually, I really, really love the fact that the writers brought the Aura storyline from the 8th movie into the anime itself. Hey, if Ash were to use his Aura again, I'm sure I wouldn't mind it one bit! I would just be really glad to see Ash doing yet another heroic deed for people/Pokemon in danger! (also, if Ash did learn how to use Aura Sense and telepathy, that would be really awesome!!)

And it seems like the writers may very well be planning to make Ash some kind of Aura Guardian (he's at least inherited the ability to use Aura, we know that much). It's very possible they're planning to go this way with D/P's storyline. So anyway, as long as Ash doesn't actually die because of sacrificing every last bit of his Aura (like Sir Aaron did), then I'll be fine and perfectly happy with this particular storyline. ^_^

You know what would be very surprising, and really awesome though? If we actually got some background information about Ash's past and/or any information regarding his family's history (not necessarily anything concerning his father, of course). Because, even though we've had 10 seasons of Pokemon, we still know little about Ash's past and even less about his family history (on either his mother or father's side of the family).

Yep, this Aura Guardian thing definitely has my attention! And I can't wait to find out where the writers are going with this! :-D

Last edited:
Between Gardenia and Maylene it took them about 30 episodes. Now we're in the Maylene to the 4th Gym stretch...start counting the episodes now and see if we make it there quicker this time.

Certainly. Isn't the next gym in the very next town?

It should be a pretty close gap to the next gym, as it is in the games. Though, since the gap between the 4th gym and the 5th gym in the games is quite a big one. Not to mention the fact you have to backtrack all the way over to Canalave. And then, again, the next gym's on the other side of the region. And again after that.

If you don't like long gaps between gym battles, I'd say you're rather screwed after this one. :p

But at least the Fantina battle should be pretty soon. Though, presumably they'll use Hearthome for Dawn's next (winning) contest first.

But at least the Fantina battle should be pretty soon. Though, presumably they'll use Hearthome for Dawn's next (winning) contest first.

No, it would be chance for Jessie to use her newly caught Drifloon to defeat Fantina's Drifblim to win her second ribbon because Hearthome is an unlucky place for Dawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom