• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Tide of Hearts (Crossover work)

Absent

Absent Silhouette
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you for dropping in. A while ago I had this unoriginal idea to merge the world of Pokemon with the already merging series of Kingdom Hearts. I haven't gotten that far but I have the whole premise and conflict down so don't worry, I won't pull a Nomura. If you have any questions or criticism please share. If you see an error please tell me because I plan to edit my work. Also as of now, I am planning for this work to be a short one. Consider this a preview.

The Recusant

The sun steadily descends with the passing of the evening hour. The light that shines on the towering mountains recedes back to the horizon where it meets the fleeting sun, dimming the vibrant grasslands to somber fields of silence. The natural cycle is beheld by a lone man standing by the edge of a cliff. He looks of late age, evident by the lines of grey that hide in his tied black hair. He sports a black leather coat that resembles that of a military design, while the rest of his ensemble includes a red dress shirt, black pants and matching boots. The man stands upright with a gloved hand behind his back and the other by his side, a sign of strict discipline. He closes his eyes and breathes in the evening’s cold air, as if preparing for something. Footsteps sound from behind him.

“Master Ignott, you are under arrest.” Interrupts a soldier with outlandish knight like armor. Two more follow behind. The Master takes a deep breath.

“And may I ask under what charges?” Breathes out the man with his eyes still closed. The soldier spares no second and produces a scroll, which he unravels to read out loud.
“The Masters of the Order have issued a writ of arrest for the accused, Master Ignott. The charges include; unauthorized use of the Lanes Between, meddling in other Worlds, disregard for the Precepts and…” The soldier stops, taking in the last sentence.

“The forbidden use of Darkness.” He finishes. The other two knights tense up at the mention of the word. Master Ignott smiles as he raises one hand to his chest, clutching it.

“So it took them this long to notice.” Chuckles the Master. His hand begins to shift around, alarming the knights. With sweeping motions the three knights summon peculiar key shaped swords. They point them at the humored man, cornered by the cliff. Master Ignott laughs as if stalling for something.

“Stand down!” Commands the soldier. In the background, the sun finally sets, blackness paints the heavens. Master Ignott’s hand is enveloped by a black aura.

“I refuse.” Snarls the Master, unleashing a black flame towards the three soldiers. The flames assault the surprised men, quickly encasing them. Their screams break the silence, only to be replaced by the crackling of a fire.

“Sending tenderfeet to handle a Master?” Rambles Ignott as he watches the pyre’s smoke rise to the heavens. The night sky’s luster reflects on the Master’s green irises.

“The tide of Light is rising, erasing what little shades of Darkness we still have. The realm is killing itself and they’re too blinded by the Light to see it...” He sighs, looking back to the scenery past the cliff.

“It’s time for the final lesson.”

Just a few miles away from the cliff stands a castle atop a hill, secured by golden chains that hang from nearby mountains. The ground around the castle is decorated with tile symbols that share the same color scheme with everything nearby; gold and white. This area is the sacred home of the key wielders. Inside a soldier rushes to the audience chamber, where three thrones stand.

On the left throne sits a man with short messy brown hair and a stylized beard. He dons white robes that hide his armor underneath. In the middle sits an older woman with fading red hair, tied into five tails behind her head. Her apparel is similar to the man’s beside her, with the only difference being the armor pieces on her arms. They notice the soldier’s arrival, nodding in acknowledgement.

“Master Rellen, Master Deisma.” He speaks, bowing to his superiors.

“Lein, have you located them?” Asks Master Rellen, twirling strands of his beard. Lein nods but remains silent.

“Well then, spit it out man!” Urges the impatient Master. Lein flinches, surprised by his sudden change in tone. Deisma turns to face him, noticing his anger.

“Mind your temper Rellen.” Deisma warns as she returns her glance back to the silent messenger. A soft smile appears on her face.

“Where are they Lein?” She asks calmly. Lein clears his throat as he produces a ravished scroll. Both Rellen’s and Deisma’s eyes grow wide, it was the very same writ of arrest issued for Master Ignott.

“I found this by the viewing cliffs, alongside the burned remains of…”He stops, unable to finish the sentence. Deisma takes a deep breath and signals Lein to hand the scroll over to her.

“Thank you Lein, please leave us.” She orders. Lein bows, leaving them. Deisma examines the scroll, the edges have been burned off.

“I told you. He’s far gone.” Growled Rellen, rising out of his chair to pace around the chamber impatiently. Deisma closes her eyes with a deep breath.

“The signs were there Deisma. They were always there! We should have acted long ago!” He barked.

“We had no substantial proof Rellen. Had we acted on your impulses, things could have gone more horribly.” Deisma argued, rubbing her forehead.

“No proof?! Who else could unlock the Lanes Between beside us? Who else has been given the untold teachings of the Master? Who is always missing when it comes time for our assemblies?” He spat back.

“There is no one but him Deisma… But no, Ignott’s privacy is none our concern, Ignott is just a troubled soul. Ignott will come around.” He taunts, imitating her past comments regarding the accused. Her own words play back in her mind over and over again, as a reminder of her ignorance. Rellen stops, noticing Deisma’s defeated face.

“Deisma, look at me. The incident in Traverse Town…that was no random Seeker. That young girl was taught forbidden knowledge not found elsewhere. It had to have been someone within the Order, someone with access to the Key Records.” He reasoned. Deisma could only sigh as she turned to her left, facing the empty throne beside hers.

“Ignott never took an apprentice within the Order for a reason. He had no interest in passing down the teachings of the Precepts.” Rellen finished, walking towards her.

“Where did we go wrong Rellen? Where did we fail as friends to aid him in his darkest hour?” She sighed hopelessly. Rellen shook his head disagreement.

“There was only so much we could do Deisma. He made the choice to denounce his teachings and the Order.” He replied. They could only stare at each other, facing the realization of what would come next.

“What do we do now Rellen?” She asked unsure. This whole situation had shaken Deisma to her core. Her intuition had never been wrong, not until now with the fall of Ignott. She couldn’t trust herself to make any important decisions regarding her lost friend.

“While he may have chosen the path of a Seeker, he will be nothing more than a Recusant.” Rellen began. Deisma’s eye grew wide.

“And the Precepts warn us of how dangerous they are to the Order.” He continued, narrowing his eyes to Ignott’s empty throne.

“Rellen perhaps there is some-”

“There is no gray area for this situation Deisma, only absolutes. Ignott must be killed.”

Just like in Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts I plan to add reports/entries to explain terminology and the characters, to help readers understand their meaning and make sense of the coming events. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Whoo! I heard you were planning to do this, and I came to see what this was about. The main complaint I have is the way it's formatted; the way the it's centered makes the text annoyingly difficult to read, and it breaks up the flow of the sentences. I'd suggest to leave the format in its default form like how this comment is. Otherwise, no issues from the writing itself, although I'm seeing a lot of unfamiliar terminology that will need to be explained later. You plan to do that, at least.

“And may I ask under w
hat charges?”

Seems like you started a paragraph in the middle of a word there. Anyways, looking forward to seeing how Pokemon get drawn into this.

Thanks for feedback, I'm stuck on my mobile so my editing is sloppy. Will definitely change it.

The Dex Report

Keyblade: A key-shaped weapon forged by man during the age of fairy tales. Any other origins have yet to be revealed. All Keyblades have one of three natures: Light, Darkness, or Heart. These last two are exceptional; most documented Keyblades are of Light. The Heart must be proven before a Keyblade will appear in its master's hand. No lock can withstand a Keyblade, nor can any non-agent of light. Special Keychains allow the Keyblade's appearance and performance to be altered.

Keyblade Masters: Guardians of the balance between Light and Darkness. Through the "Bequeathing," they choose the next generation of Keyblade wielders, training their bodies and tempering their hearts so that they, too, might one day be Keyblade Masters. While the word "master" might be tossed around, only an existing Keyblade Master can pass on the title and its associated powers. They often elect to test candidates for the Mark of Mastery. Among the Keyblade Masters is one true "Successor" who is tasked with protecting a hallowed ground known as the Land of Departure.

Light: A powerful force parallel to the Darkness, associated with benevolence and beginnings. Those with a strong Heart can use the Light for attacks and spells. While there's no harmful drawbacks, relying too much on the Light can blind the user to see other paths or truths.

Darkness: A powerful force parallel to the Light, associated with malevolence and ends. While not inherently evil, it is risky and dangerous to use. Only those with a strong Heart and Will can master the Darkness. Relying too much on it can cause someone to lose their Hearts and in turn become a Heartless.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom