• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tier Discussion

Against Sandstormers, Altaria dies to Tyranitar, Landorus, and Terrakion before even moving (except against slow Ttar). Against rain, a good Ice Beam (which some Rain abusers like Politoed use) will kill it. It can't actually do much to them, either (except maybe Toxic + Protect).

lickylicky is the only one who can even be considered.Atleast he has that great movepool and decent bulk.

Yes but Explosion's nerfed now, and with all the Fighting types running around he'd die in an instant. Then Tyranitar/Hippowdon/Politoed/Ninetails/Obamasnow can come in and simply re-apply the weather.

I was wondering how some old Gen. IV stars like Heatran, Scizor and Salamence were doing.

Heatran and Scizor are doing fine, but Salamence has to rely on roles that aren't outclassed by other pokemon now.

Yeah, Cloud Nine isn't all that good on the Pokemon that get it. Other Pokemon could've appreciated it more.

tbh,lickylicky can deal with all the weather starters.I think something like arcanine would have been a better recipient.

Damn. I hope Cloud Nine gets given to something decent next gen, it has a lot of potential, but just isn't given to the right 'mons.

i dont know why people are still that ban-happy everywhere. just let the metagame evolve and dont just ban stuff that you consider overpowered

i dont know why people are still that ban-happy everywhere. just let the metagame evolve and dont just ban stuff that you consider overpowered

because,if u dont ban some mons,they and their counters and their anti-counters will be seen on every single team.Everybody will be using the same team.

because,if u dont ban some mons,they and their counters and their anti-counters will be seen on every single team.Everybody will be using the same team.

Jirachi is a prime example of this, no one wants to be swept by Reuniclus or Latios, so having Jirachi or Specially Defensive Scizor [the latter being a better counter] is almost a necessity.

Things tend to overcentralize, before the Garchomp ban this gen, you were at a severe disadvantage if you didn't a set group of pokemon that could manage Garchomp, including Garchomp. That's why they are banned.

Allowing significantly overpowered threats to remain in OU really limits team diversity. You're either using them on your team, you're running specific checks to handle them, or you're doing both.

For example, FWG cores only were viable in Gen 4 after Salamence was banned.

You mean, the Heatran/Suicune/Celebi cores I see everywhere in Gen. IV OU these days?

Jirachi is a prime example of this, no one wants to be swept by Reuniclus or Latios, so having Jirachi or Specially Defensive Scizor [the latter being a better counter] is almost a necessity.

taunt mons like jellicent,phazors etc. stop reuniclus.However latios is too powerful and definitely broken.

taunt mons like jellicent,phazors etc. stop reuniclus.However latios is too powerful and definitely broken.

Jellicent is a very shaky counter to Reuniclus as it has trouble taking Psyshock/Psychic and can't hit back very well.

Already-accumulated Calm Minds > Jellicent, even if it has Shadow Ball. Psyshock stings it somethin' fierce.

What do you guys think of UU now that Staraptor, Espeon, and Wobbuffet are banned? I think that the metagame will unfortunately become even more Chansey-friendly and there will be very few viable special sweepers.

What do you guys think of UU now that Staraptor, Espeon, and Wobbuffet are banned? I think that the metagame will unfortunately become even more Chansey-friendly and there will be very few viable special sweepers.

They never ban stall mons,which is very annoying.

@SharKing
The trick is to taunt reuniclus and keep attacking with scald.And yes if u allow it to set up more than 3 calm minds,then u r gonna lose anyway.Even skarmory breaks its sweeps.

Don't forget about Cobalion. I haven't had a problem with Chansey (since i started playing UU) since most have Toxic, which Cob is immune to, and it can freely set up. Of course, T-Wave is a problem, but I have Jolteon to scout....
Personally, I'm glad Staraptor's gone, it was a bit overbalanced.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom