• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Tiger & Bunny Mafia ~ HEROES WIN ~ 12/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tiger & Bunny Mafia ~ Day 1: Begin ~ 11/7

Vote: Buoy

Because he has shifty eyes :naughty:

Standard day 1 tomfoolery

Woah, Day 1 voting is a thing here? That's a new one.

I'm not going to vote, since there's nothing to go off of until after the first night, so this might be my only Day 1 post.

I'm not voting yet I'm gonna wait a bit longer.

I always struggle with Day 1 voting, but I'm going for a moderately random one (I selected a number and saw the name) so:

Vote: Zima

I chose 13 cos it's special to me.....
I love you, too.

Vote: No Lynch

We'll likely lose a townie if we vote.

No, no, guys. You misunderstand the point of D1!

@_Q2; We vote D1 here as a custom.

But regardless of custom, just voting No Lynch gets us nowhere. After the first death, we can begin to mess with suspicious patterns and such, and until then we do not lynch. We do, however, tie up the votes/vote No Lynch at the very end of the phase.

Or at least that's what I like to see done, because that way we compromise getting information vs not putting ourselves at a disadvantage.

For once I'm going to change my play-style a bit and postpone voting until I find reasonable reasons to vote

I'm used to Day 1 being a day where voting isn't allowed, so I guess this is going to be new to me. If it comes to the point where I have to, then I'll do so, but for now...

Because I still don't really understand the point of Day 1 voting if there is no basis for it. I feel like Day 1 is usually just a lot of omgus and nothing else, really.

I'm used to Day 1 being a day where voting isn't allowed, so I guess this is going to be new to me. If it comes to the point where I have to, then I'll do so, but for now...

Because I still don't really understand the point of Day 1 voting if there is no basis for it. I feel like Day 1 is usually just a lot of omgus and nothing else, really.

But if a No Lynch happens, then wouldn't Day 2 be almost the same? You could always pick on someone, a random vote would even be better.

What if we lose the cop or something? We might as well have a vanilla townie tell us they're vanilla and have them lynched if we want to lynch a town member so badly.

I mean, the cop could check someone and start an alliance or tell someone somebody's mafia if we don't lynch today. We're in total darkness as to who is what right now.

Agreed.

I always struggle with Day 1 voting, but I'm going for a moderately random one (I selected a number and saw the name) so:

Vote: Zima

I chose 13 cos it's special to me.....
I love you, too.

We'll likely lose a townie if we vote.

That gave me a very good laugh!!

tbh vote: no lynch.

There's a lot of potential for little to come out of the night phase, though. If the cop checks mafia, that's great and hopefully they'd be able to find a way to communicate that safely in-thread, but if they check town which is statistically more likely, we'd really be in the exact same position as we are now for the purposes of finding scum here. And early night kills in particular are hard to judge who might've had a hand in them.

@harryheart

You've posted since the lynch vs. no lynch discussion started, and have still kept your vote on Zima after seeing her response (since you've directly quoted it). Do you think a lynch (and thus perhaps your vote on Zima) would be more beneficial than a no lynch?

You've posted since the lynch vs. no lynch discussion started, and have still kept your vote on Zima after seeing her response (since you've directly quoted it). Do you think a lynch (and thus perhaps your vote on Zima) would be more beneficial than a no lynch?

I think a lynch would be more beneficial, yes! I never used to think that, but I've seen how much more effective the next few phases are after a Day 1 lynch in some games, so I do stand by that as a general principle now. However, I wouldn't say a definite lynch on @Zima; because, to be fair, she's done nothing to suggest Mafia yet, but there's also no-one else that seems suspicious to this point so my vote stands.

For a while I was against random D1 lynches because the majority of the time, they always lead to innocent deaths, however it's definitely true that not lynching is basically stagnating. The first night kill wont offer much insight if any, into people's mindsets so we'll be in the same situation the next day phase, sooner or later we're gonna have to take a shot in the dark. In theory i'd like to see someone lynched but I have no preference as to who it is (obviously not myself because that would make me sad :/)

I also don't think a vanilla should offer themselves up, that wouldn't help us anyway and no matter what your role, you should fight to save yourself regardless. I'd hope that if the votes were being placed on a player with an important role, they'd have the insight to try and stop it by whatever means they can. Claiming to a person they trust the most would be better than just letting yourself be lynched. Hopefully that wont happen and with the amount of people voting for a no lynch, looks like it's gonna carry through.

I don't think there's anything wrong with voting no lynch day 1, but I don't think its always bad to vote for someone day 1 either. Its just that it can be a little difficult since its day 1. :I

Dark Kyriaki - mentioning that you're going ti change your playstyle sounds a bit iffy to me. If you said that you were just going to postpone your vote that would have been good enough. I'm just weird I guess.

I don't think there's anything wrong with voting no lynch day 1, but I don't think its always bad to vote for someone day 1 either. Its just that it can be a little difficult since its day 1. :I

Dark Kyriaki - mentioning that you're going ti change your playstyle sounds a bit iffy to me. If you said that you were just going to postpone your vote that would have been good enough. I'm just weird I guess.

I only mentioned just in case people find it suspicious if I'm not acting as usual. If you go look at previous games, you'll see that in nearly every game I was joke-voting the host (or voting early as possible to generate conversations). Changing my playstyle; not doing that in this game because I figured there was no need for unnecessary actions from me. In fact, I'll be more careful with placing votes in voting phases.

Although I'm certainly not against it, I'm not exactly for a Day 1 lynch either. Sure, it can of course cause some discussion for the coming phase, but I think it might be wiser to wait to see what the night phase has in store for us. Nightkills don't always give information, but Day 1 lynches don't always either, so I'm just not going to vote for now (unless something comes up).

Quite honestly, voting a no lynch for day 1 is usually a bad idea. Not saying it always is, but most of the time it is. The night kill provides usually little to no information and day 2 will then go on just like day 1 and we can't risk that forever.

We could potentially hit the cop but that's a very low chance and risking another phase of no development just for that "what if" doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.

Vote: Buoy

Your no-lynch vote strikes me as the most odd out of all of them, because of your usual play style; you aren't usually the one who decides to follow this sort of move.

Explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom