• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Tiger & Bunny Mafia ~ HEROES WIN ~ 12/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tiger & Bunny Mafia ~ Day 1: Begin ~ 11/7

Vote: Buoy

Your no-lynch vote strikes me as the most odd out of all of them, because of your usual play style; you aren't usually the one who decides to follow this sort of move.

Explanation?

because, for a change, i would actually like to see what day 2 is like following a voluntary no-lynch on day 1. i don't really remember a game in which that actually happened. your meta is incorrect, by the way, and shouldn't be used as an argument even if it was true. ;)

What if we lose the cop or something?

Can't that be applied to almost every lynch? What if we lose the cop or something in the Nightkill, which would probably because the Mafia were really lucky?

We might as well have a vanilla townie tell us they're vanilla and have them lynched if we want to lynch a town member so badly.

I can understand what you're trying to say here, but no, it's a different case.

I mean, the cop could check someone and start an alliance or tell someone somebody's mafia if we don't lynch today. We're in total darkness as to who is what right now.

All right, lets say a cop potentially starts an alliance with a Town member or doesn't even do that because of the Godfather(which I'm sure there should be one), then what? What are we going to do in the day? Wait? Let the game stagnate for the Mafia to kill us one by one? What if the cop dies too?

To make this phase better since there's not much going on, I'm going to share what I think the numbers are. With 17 players, and considering the characters in the show, I can see there being 4 Mafia(3 if this is the first season alone, though I'm not sure), 1 Independent who is more likely to be a Survivor than a serial killer, and naturally 12/13 Town. If we tried randomly lynching somebody now, the chance of lynching somebody not allied with the Town would most likely be a minimum of 4/17, with 5/17, being the maximum. Although, since as a Town member you would know your alignment, and not be the player lynched that would make the 17 be a 16, so it would be a 1/4 chance of hitting somebody that is Mafia/Not Town. I guess I can understand that there are people who want a Nightkill to get some information and make the chances of hitting Mafia higher, but you're letting the Mafia strike first, which I don't see as a positive. Mafia has risk, and if you never risk you're never going to get results.

What we can expect once the first Night Phase is over, is a Reporter report. There's a character on the good side who fits it, and it would be great if they made one. It's very useful to have a cleared Town member, and if they don't want to openly share in thread that they're the Reporter, they could always contact other players privately and do what they think is best. So if there's really one, making a report now would be good.

Last edited:

As for me, I think both situations work, with their own pros and cons. Sure, no lynch gives less information right away, but this whole Lynch vs No Lynch discussion could also give us helpful hints for later on. On the other hand, a lynch, especially if we have a hunch about the person, could be beneficial and give us an upper hand by making us lynch off a mafia member right away, but to be frank I wouldn't trust the odds too much. And of course, to add to the mislynch problem, there's always a few people with a knack for coming up as fishy even when they're innocent, which plays in favour of a truly random vote. :p

At any rate, considering that we still have some time, I'll refrain from voting for now.

EDIT:

For the record, here's the current vote tally (please feel free to correct me if I got it wrong!):

Momoka - I (HumanDawn)
Zima - I (harryheart)
Buoy - II (Crackfox, Gliscorman)
No Lynch - IIII (Zima, __Q2, Insert Name Here, Buoy)

Last edited:

Rereading a lot of the voting posts over a couple times, I'm starting to realize a hit of a pattern in the votes. If anything, we could have mafia members voting for each (out of the vote count), but the pattern of votes seems to lean toward the fact that we ultimately choose one of the three who already have votes, and the mafia gets by unscathed, which leads me to believe that at least 2 of the three people who have votes upon them are town, and at least 2 people who have already voted are mafia.

We should try to look closely into the voting pattern as the game goes, which is quite obvious, but from my past experiences, momentum in the game doesn't build up until around Day 3, with much larger (30+ players) games. You guys seem to think that the chance of lynching a mafia is worth the risk, but the fact that there are around 4 mafia (at most; any more would be unbalanced), but yet there are at most 13 town members, with only a few not having night actions. I don't see any reward in this situation except for giving the mafia a head start, making the town's goal harder.

That's just my two cents for the situation at hand.

NvD1 for me...

(No vote day 1)

Ziмa is now Zima.

Rereading a lot of the voting posts over a couple times, I'm starting to realize a hit of a pattern in the votes. If anything, we could have mafia members voting for each (out of the vote count), but the pattern of votes seems to lean toward the fact that we ultimately choose one of the three who already have votes, and the mafia gets by unscathed, which leads me to believe that at least 2 of the three people who have votes upon them are town, and at least 2 people who have already voted are mafia.

We should try to look closely into the voting pattern as the game goes, which is quite obvious, but from my past experiences, momentum in the game doesn't build up until around Day 3, with much larger (30+ players) games. You guys seem to think that the chance of lynching a mafia is worth the risk, but the fact that there are around 4 mafia (at most; any more would be unbalanced), but yet there are at most 13 town members, with only a few not having night actions. I don't see any reward in this situation except for giving the mafia a head start, making the town's goal harder.

That's just my two cents for the situation at hand.

I really don't think there's any big tactical element here. The more you play games with the same users, the more you start to realise their play style, most here who have voted have done so because they are often against the idea of NL and vice versa. Momentum for what i've witnessed is different for every game and from what i've seen, a big portion of intel is gained through taking chances and making mistakes. I fully appreciate the desire to play it safe and wait for something to get us talking or make us really start to question one another but that wont happen on its own.

Voting locked. Update pending.

1. @Momoka;
2. @HumanDawn;
3. @FinalArcadia;
4. @Dark Kyriaki;
5. @CrackFox;
6. @Buoy;
7. @ghaskan;
8. @GliscorMan;
9. @Drey;
10. @harryheart;
11. @RageRunnerXD;
12. @Elysion;
13. @Zima;
14. @Wright;
15. @Masta apex;
16. @Insert Name Here;
17. @_Q2;

Though the threat of Ouroboros loomed over the heroes, they were hesitant to take rash action. A few accusations were thrown around, but they lacked conviction.

In the end, the heroes retreated to watch the city through the night.

No one was lynched.

It is now Night 1. You may send in PMs to use night actions. This phase will end at 8PM GMT-5 11/11.

@Nytie;

I was wondering, would you sub out somebody for inactivity?

@Nytie;

I was wondering, would you sub out somebody for inactivity?

Yes, if someone is inactive we will look to sub them out. If we absolutely can't find a sub, they'll have to be modkilled.

I'll talk with Mido about how long a person has to be inactive before being subbed out, but I think the usual rule is three consecutive phases.

Re: Tiger & Bunny Mafia ~ Night 1: No Answers ~ 11/9

Okay update on activity: if you are inactive for two phases then you will get a warning. Three is mod kill or subbing. Also only in thread activity counts. Nytie will add this to the rules.

Okay update on activity: if you are inactive for two phases then you will get a warning. Three is mod kill or subbing. Also only in thread activity counts. Nytie will add this to the rules.

um u might want to check ur facts??

cMysBYn.png

this is a 102% real thing nytie said i cannto believe it #hostinggonewild

:I

If there's some conflict between you two make up and kiss or something. But if this is some sort of joke I don't think Midori will be too happy about this.

Edit: although, it would have been funny if you 2 were on better terms <=)

Last edited:

um u might want to check ur facts??

cMysBYn.png

this is a 102% real thing nytie said i cannto believe it #hostinggonewild

The Comic Sans is a nice touch.

Buoy, that gave me a good laugh, but seeing how you and Midorikawa don't exactly get along, that may have been a bad move on your part.

i'll have u know i have been the WR's most entertaining player for two years straight so im allowed to make jokes to ANYONE and then EVERYONE has to laugh

(sorry i dont make the Rules)

Okay guys I'm glad we're all having fun here, but as the host I'm gonna preemptively ask everyone to not debate about Buoy's joke anymore, lest we derail the thread. Thank you!

Well you did say games get heated....

1. @Momoka;
2. @HumanDawn;
3. @FinalArcadia;
4. @Dark Kyriaki;
5. @CrackFox;
6. @Buoy;
7. @ghaskan;
8. @GliscorMan;
9. @Drey;
10. @harryheart;
11. @RageRunnerXD;
12. @Elysion;
13. @Ziмa;
14. @Wright;
15. @Masta apex;
16. @Insert Name Here;
17. @_Q2;

Addressing this now since I was at work all day:

Buoy's post was inappropriate and flaming. No one, no matter who they are has the right to make such posts, and none will be tolerated. Whats funny to others can be hurtful or annoying to another. This is the one and only warning about it.

Also as Nytie has said, keep the game on topic of the game. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom