• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TINA's Nuzlocke Series

I make my way into town, where i'm approached by two kids with weird hairdos that covers most of their faces. They introduce themselves as Zeiyu and Suguri. Zeiyu immediately wants to fight me, so i guess we'll do that. She leads with her Poochyena and i lead with Beurt. I crit my Aerial Ace, taking the little dog out in one move. Next is Poltchageist; i stay in and hit another Aerial Ace for the kill. Last but certainly least, Zeiyu sends out her Vulpix; i switch to Shirona and kill it with an earthquake. After we're done fighting, an old man comes running up to us; my new friends apparently know this guy. Zeiyu is reminded of something she has to do, and runs off, with Suguri following. This guy is apparently the man in charge of the village, so he apologises for any trouble Zeiyu and Suguri caused me, even though they did not cause me trouble.

Anyway, after we're done talking, the old man heads off to guide Briar and the other kids on this school trip to where i am. The building behind us is apparently where we will be sleeping during our time here in town. We all check in, and the old man gives us a tour of the building. After that, we eat dinner together and head off to bed. The next morning, everyone gathers in front of the building, including Zeiyu and Suguri. They are apparently students from the Blueberry Academy. Anyway, the old man tells us about a festival that's about to happen here in Kitakami, the Festival of Masks. This festival involves a game called Ogre Ousting, as well as involving taking pictures. To this effect, we get an upgrade to our rotom phones to allow them to take selfies.

We're told to form pairs with people from the other school, so i immediately talk to the two i've already met. They decide that i should fight Suguri now, so he sends out Sentret and i send out Beurt. I kill him with a slash, and his other pokemon is Yanma. I of course stay in and hit an aerial ace for the win. After the battle, the old man shows us the shop where we can buy new poke balls and such, and Suguri decides it's a good idea for us to head off to the forest to the west. Clavell gives me a call though, so the woods will have to wait. He tells me that once i'm back from Kitakami, i can go on an exchange to the Blueberry Academy in New York. We'll see about that when the time comes though.

After that phone call, i head into the woods and encounter another Poochyena, so i catch it and nickname it Lupin. I proceed on along the path until i reach some kind of plaza with a signpost. Suguri approaches me the moment i find it, and we read the history recorded on this piece of wood. Apparently, a long time ago, an ogre descended from the mountains onto Suiryoku Town, but it was driven off by pokemon called Okidogi, Munkidori and Fezandipiti. After we've read this story, Suguri expresses a wish to meet this ogre for some reason, but his parents will not allow him to climb the mointain. Probs for the best. Anyway, we take a picture of this signpost, and Suguri suggests we picknick here. This prompts Miraidon to leave its pokeball, startling Suguri.

After our picknick, Suguri tells me where we can find another signpost related to the story we just read. For this, we need to head northeast of town; along the way, i run into a friendly Skwovet, which i catch and name Knabbel. At the indicated location, there's some kind of temple, but what i'm interested in is the signpost here. Suguri and i read it together; the ogre apparently had 4 masks that bestowed it its power. It had a green mask that gave it power over nature, a red one that gave it fire powers, a blue one that allowed it to control water and a grey one that made it hard as a rock. It used these to fight the three protectors mentioned on the previous signpost. Suguri however thinks that the ogre is probably just misunderstood; he wants to become its friend. Seems mighty stupid to me, but ok. Suguri decides to head on to the cave where the ogre supposedly resides, but i'm calling it a day for now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Beurt (Braviary) lv 65
Ember (Ceruledge) lv 74
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 71
Bäh (Ampharos) lv 75
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 76
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 73

Last edited:
I follow Suguri up the mountain trail, where i'm suddenly attacked by a Timburr. I panic and throw a Quick Ball its way, which works; i shall name this pokemon Arbeid. Before we head in, Suguri wants to battle me to see whether he is strong enough; he leads with his Furret and i lead with Beurt. He decides to set up Amnesia, which does nothing to protect him from my slashes. He does about half damage with double-edge next turn, before i kill him. Poliwhirl comes out, which i answer with Bäh; he belly drums, allwoing me to one-shot. Last is Yanma, so i keep Bäh in and discharge it into oblivion.

The cave seems to be empty; there was nothing to see here. So we decide to head back to town to visit his parental house, which is apparently here in Kitakami. We head back to town and Suguri shows me the way to his house, where his grandpa greets us. They give me some native clothes to wear during the festival; guess i don't have to wear my shcool uniform while i'm here in Kitakami. At this point, Zeiyu comes out and compliments me on my new outfit, but she and her brother then head off to the shed to get something. When i follow them there, Zeiyu decides she wants to battle me, so she sends out Morpeko and i send out Beurt. I immediately switch to Shirona and bring it down to its sash with an earthquake, which i then follow up with another quake, though i'm in the yellow now. Next is Sinistcha and i give this job to Beurt. Two Aerial Aces do the job, though i do get hit by a nasty Foul Play. For the incoming Mightyena, i switch to Mudcrab, who does not care about the intimidate and one-shots with aura sphere. Last but certainly least is Zeiyu's Swadloon, which Ember one-shots with a Bitter Blade.

Following the battle, the siblings take their masks out of the shed so they can partake in the festival, and tell me to meet them at Kitakami Hall, where we found the second signpost. Everyone there seems to be wearing these masks; i really feel like the odd one out. Anyway, th siblings ask me to take a picture with them to commemorate our partaking in this festival. Zeiyu then explains that this festival is held in honour of three brave pokemon who once protected this land from the nasty ogre. Suguri seems to doubt this story is wholly true though, but before they can make an argument, Suguri spots something and heads off. What he spotted was a food stand; he opts to share some tasty apples with me. He then leads me to sign up for the central activity here at the festival: Ogre Ousting. This game is actually very fun. I don't win on my first attempt, so i just do the game over and over until i win.

I play for a while, but when i'm done, i see a green little guy peeking at me from behind the temple. I opt to follow it; it seems friendly enough. Unfortunately Zeiyu then shows up and scares the little guy off. It drops its mask as it's fleeing; i should probably return it. Zeiyu seems to think that this i the ogre of legend, but how can such a little guy be dangerous? Anyway, I don't know where it went off to, and it's getting late, so we should head back to the hotel.

The next morning, i meet with Zeiyu outside, and she tells me that her grandpa can tell us the true story of the ogre. Unfortunately, on my way there, i take a wrong turn and end up on the road to kitakami hall. Here, i actually run into a familiar face: my biology teacher from back in Spain. He's apparently vacationing here. We opt to go for a picknick together, when the teacher suddenly finds an egg in his picknick basket. He offers the thing to me, and i get so excited by the prospect that i hop onto Miraidon and start hyperactively racing around Kitakami. As i'm doing this, i happen across a Wooper at the riverfront, which i catch and nickname Noa. A short while later, my egg hatches into a cute little Chimchar. I shall name this little bugger Sapiens. I think it's time to call it a day though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Beurt (Braviary) lv 66
Ember (Ceruledge) lv 74
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 71
Bäh (Ampharos) lv 76
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 76
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 73

When i do arrive at the grandpa's house, Suguri comes out and asks me to come with him to the third and final signpost. Zeiyu doesn't like this, as she wanted me to hear the story, but Suguri runs off the moment she gets pissed. Anyway, i show the old man the mask the green little guy dropped, and he tells us that this is indeed one of the masks belonging to the ogre. The old man then proceeds to tell us the true story of the ogre and the loyal three, passed down to him through the generations. The ogre is actually a pokemon called Ogerpon. Long ago, this pokemon lived here in the region, together with a human. They lived a peaceful life, and the man crafted various masks for Ogerpon to use. These masks were beloved by all the townspeople, but unfortunately this fame attracted some bad actors. Three pokemon entered the home of Ogerpon and the human, killed Ogerpon's human friend, and made off with three of the masks. In revenge, Ogerpon chased down these beasts and slew them on the town's edge. The people misunderstood the situation and thought Ogerpon was a hostile demon, and that the three pokemon were protecting the town against it. Since then, the townspeople have dubbed the foul pokemon the "loyal three" and celebrated them as guardian deities. All the while, the ogre lived alone in its mountain cave.

I head off to tell Suguri all of this, and we agree to head to the final signpost to see what it has to say about the story. It is in the northwest of Kitakami, so i travel around the region's great mountain, catching a Grubbin along the way. Little guy will be named Grub. When i reach the Paradise Barrens where the signpost is located, i come across a Nosepass, which i proceed to catch and name Holleeder. When Suguri and i arrive at the signpost, he asks me for a battle before we read the post. I see no harm in that, so i send out Beurt as he sends out Yanma. He tickles me with an air slash as i kill him with aerial ace. Furret is next, and i give this job to Mudcrab. He halves my HP with Super Fang before i OHKO with Aura Sphere. Suguri next goes for his ace, Dipplin. I bring Beurt back out for this, but i don't quite get the two-shot. He does bring me into crit range in one move, so i opt to switch to Bäh. Bäh is still holding an Assault Vest and thus easily tanks what Dipplin throws my way. Dazzling Gleam gets the kill, meaning that last is Poliwrath. I keep Bäh in and two-shot the thing with Discharge, winning me the battle.

The signpost seems to largely confirm what the old man told me. So we just take a picture and head back to town to spend the night. The next morning, a kid comes up to me and tells me to head to Zeiyu's grandparents' house. There, Zeiyu and i agree to go climb the mountain to bring back Ogerpon's lost mask. I climb up to the Oni's Maw, where i catch Teiwa the Geodude, then further up until i reach some sort of crystal pool at the top. I catch a Yanma here which shall be given the name Permian. Zeiyu asks me to investigate the crystals in the middle of the kale, but before i can head in, a Milotic jumps up from the water and attacks us. So i send out Beurt as Zeiyu leads with her Morpeko. Fearing an Ice Beam, i immediately switch to Mudcrab as Zeiyu brngs him to the red. The milotic sets up rain, but that doesn't stop Morpeko from outspeeding and getting the kill.

We notice that the milotic dropped some sort of strange crystal. Guess we'll take this with us for now. At this point, Briar comes up to us; no idea what she is doing here, but whatever. She tells us that this lake radiates terastal energy, and that it has some connection to the great crater in Spain. This is why terastalization can take place both here and there. This excursion brought us no closer to finding Ogerpon and returning its mask though, but i'm going to call it a day for now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current tea:

Beurt (Braviary) lv 69
Ember (Ceruledge) lv 75
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 72
Bäh (Ampharos) lv 77
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 77
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 74

As of today, it's been 2 years since i first started this series. It's been a great journey so far, an i'm definitely going to see it through to the end.

We head back to the grandparents' house, where we discover that Suguri has run off with Ogerpon's mask. He's taken it to where we found the first signpost, beyond the apple forest. I of course head over there, and we confront him at the shrine to the Loyal Three. Suguri expresses his wish to meet Ogerpon himself. To this end, he challenges me to another battle; he promises to give the mask back if i beat him. So yeah, he leads with Yanmega and i lead with Beurt. His Bug Buzz does almost half despite being not very effective, but i bring him to the red with a crit Aerial Ace. He outspeeds though, so i decide it's wisdom to switch. Blitzbear comes in and finishes it off, so next is Poliwrath. I opt to use Shirona against this threat, who two-shots with a soft sand-boosted Earthquake while tanking a hydro pump. This means i'm facing Dipplin next; i do just less than half while he hits me with a Syrup Bomb. I opt to just Terastalize here to pure fire, to guarantee that the next Bitter Blade kills. Suguri sends out his Gligar next, so i switch in Mudcrab and kill the thing with an ice beam after tanking a crit earthquake. Last is his Cramorant, meaning it's also time to send out my last mon, Bäh. Unsurprisingly, one discharge enough to dispose of this threat and claim the victory.

As promised, i get the mask back. Suguri runs back home after this, still filled with anger toward the Loyal Three for what they did to Ogerpon. Me and Zeiyu talk for a bit hereafter, when we suddenly hear a loud thud. We turn around just in time to see the shrine explode in front of our eyes. Then, emerging from the rubble, we see three pokemon: the Loyal Three, returned to life. The three run off, and we chase them to Kitakami Hall. When we get there, we find that the three are already gone, and that the old man in charge of the festival has freely given them the masks stored there, that supposedly belonged to the ogre way back when. Zeiyu and i vow to get those masks back and return them to Ogerpon. First though, we should return the mask we have with us.

When I arrive at Ogerpon's den, we see the three bully her mercilessly. When i try to stop this cruelty, one of them, Munkidori, attacks me. I send out Beurt and terastalize to pure normal to power up my Slashes. He just sets up a future sight and a nasty plot, allowing me to two-shot. and win the fight without taking damage. At this point, Zeiyu and Suguri show up, and the Three see they are outmatched. So they head off, allowing us some time to talk. Suguri apologises for stealing the mask, when we see that Ogerpon is back to her cheerful self. We give her her mask back, but the Three are still out there and have 3 more of Ogerpon's masks.

Before we head out to search for the Three, we must first gather intel on where they went. We head into Suiryoku Town to speak to the townspeople, though Ogerpon seems to be afraid to enter the town. It'll just have to wait for us outside then. I I gather all the intel from the townsfolk, and we head back to Ogerpon. We agree that me and Zeiyu will be seeking out the beasts; Suguri does not feel up to the task. I opt to first go after the bird, Fezandipiti. This bird rests on the slopes of Kitakami's mighty mountain; when i spot it, it flees into a nearby cave, so i pursue. One of the native Spoink also followed the bird in, so i opt to catch this little guy and nickname him Threekiller. Ogerpon and i find ourself in a massive cave complex, where of course i get lost. Curse my sense of direction. Eventually though, we do stumble upon the evil bird again, just by sheer luck. At this point, Zeiyu also catches up, so we attack the fiend together. It seels to have gotten bigger than last we met, but no matter. I lead with Bäh and Zeiyu leads with Morpeko. I terastalize immediately while he brings Morpeko down to its sash and we do barely any damage to him. The next turn, Morpeko falls and i continue to chip away. Zeiyu continues the fight with her Mightyena, but now the beast opts to attack Bäh and poison her. I can take another hit due to Assault Vest, so i keep Bäh in to tank another hit as Mightyena keeps howling to raise both our attack stats. We get some encouragement from Ogerpon that raises our speed, but i have to switch. Blitzbear comes in on a Play Rough that lowes her attack and poisons her, so i use Rest to get rid of the poison. At this point though, Fezandipiti has decided it's had enough of the Mightyena, so he uses a Dazzling Gleam to kill it, and Sinistcha comes out. Sinistcha paralyzes the fiend as it keeps batting away at us, but a few dazzling gleams take out the sinistcha before Blitzbear can wake up. Zeiyu now decides it's wisdom to use her Swadloon, who goes down to one Dual Wingbeat. I'm now in this fight by myself. I use rest to stall for a while, then after i'm sure all his PP for Dazzling Gleam is gone, i'm forced to switch. I bring Ember in on a Play Rough, then i bombard him with Bitter Blades as he uses moves that barely do anything. Looks like his PP for Dual Wingbeat is also gone or something. Anyway, Ember finally takes out the evil bird, teaching it a lesson and allowing us to reclaim Ogerpon's red mask.

With that, i think i'll call it a day for now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Bäh (Ampharos) lv 78
Ember (Ceruledge) lv 76
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 73
Beurt (Braviary) lv 71
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 78
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 75

I'm really grateful for Ursaluna's existence. Eviolite is awesome.

Time to look for the other trio members. Unfortunately, i've forgotten where they went, so i guess Ogerpon and i will have to do some exploring. East of the great mountain, we find a beautiful set of lakes and islands, where i manage to catch a Bombirdier. This guy shall be getting the nickname Otosu. Unfortunately we do not find the fiends in these waters, nor among the islands and cliffs jotting out from them, so we proceed northward into the fields, where we find a Shinx. This litte guy will get the nickname Akkhuz-Ri. I proceed further north into the region's forests, and run into an aipom under the thick canopy. I of course bombard the thing with balls until it stays put, and i nickname it Tezara. No evil beasts here, just a beautiful forest. Wish i had the time to enjoy the view, but alas, i should move on. My next stop is the mountain pass on the northeast slope of this region's mighty mountain. Here, i encounter a Koffing, so fearing that this ball of gas will explode and take all of us with it, i quickly catch it and name it James.

At this point, i finally remember where the trio actually went. So i head over to the paradise barrens to confront the dog. This guy's a fighting type, so Blitzbear will be sitting this one out. Instead, i'm bringing Heijn the Scyther, as death fodder. Unlike the bird before it, the dog does not shy away from a fight, but fortunately Zeiyu catches up to us in tome so we can confront it together. She leads with Morpeko and i lead with Beurt. He has boosted defense unfortunately, so my acrobatics just tickles him. In return, he brings me down to just 2 HP with close combat, but he also poisons me, meaning we've lost Beurt. The fight must go on though; we'll mourn our fallen friend later. I send out Mudcrab , who almost encounters the same fate, but fortunately i had equipped it with leftovers so it survives the poison. So to prevent him from going down, i opt to sack Heijn, but Heijn actually tanks a Close Combat due to 4x resisting it. The big dog then decides to kill Morpeko, prompting Zeiyu to bring in her Mightyena and get an intimidate in. Heijn dies next turn as Mightyena just raises its attack. I opt to bring in Shirona next and hit a powerful earthquake that triggers his held Liechi Berry, after which he brings me to the yellow with close combat. My next earthquake kills both Okidogi and Mightyena, ending this ordeal.

We may have gained the mask back, but we lost a good friend. I give Beurt the funeral he deserves. We still have to get that last mask back though, so we have to settle on a replacement quickly. I end up going for Holleeder the Nosepass. I immediately deploy a Thunderstone to evolve my man into a Probopass, then it's time to get some training in.

I train for a while, but Ogerpon grows restless so eventually we head to the location of the last of the Loyal Three, the evil monkey Munkidori. It is located in the south of the region. There, at the edge od a small lake, we have our second fight with this monstrous primeate. Zeiyu catches up, and sends out her Morpeko as i send out Ember. I immediately terastalize to pure fire to tank the incoming shadow ball, though it does poison me. Morpeko paralyzes the fiend as i hit a shadow claw, but i'm very much in crit range so i opt for a switch to Holleeder as the monkey is fully paralyzed. He has his special defense boosted by two stages, so i my Earth Powers aren't all that strong, but combined with Morpeko's supereffective attacks, we do manage to get him over half as he nasty plots. After a turn of full paralysis, he brings me over half with a shadow ball, but he's in the red now. I opt to switch to Blitzbear as Morpeko deals the finishing blow, allowing us to reclaim Ogerpon's blue mask.

All four of Ogerpon's masks are now back in good hands, and the Loyal Three got what was coming to them. While we celebrate, Suguri approaches us and asks us to bring Ogerpon back to town with us. We're of course hesitant; the people there still think Ogerpon is the bad guy as far as we know. Suguri however insists that it's safe, so we bring her along. Ogerpon is kind of afraid, but some reassuring words bring her across the town's edge. The townspeople do seem to have come around to Ogerpon; they don't hate her as i expected they would. The town elder even apologises for the way the town treated her in years past. I'm glad to finally see Ogerpon's name cleared and the Loyal Three being branded as the villains they always were. With that, i think it's time to call it a day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Ember (Ceruledge) lv 77
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 75
Bäh (Ampharos) lv 79
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 80
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 76
Holleeder (Probopass) lv 74

Saved the monkey for last because i thought it'd be the most difficult, but it turned out to be the easiest of the three. Kinda sucks to lose Beurt, but these things happen.

Last edited:
With that, it's time to bring Ogerpon back home. We head back to her den, but she doesn't seem to want to part with me. This makes Suguri jealous, so he challenges me to a battle. I guess i have nothing important to do, so i might as well fight him. He leads with Shiftry and i lead with Ember. I immediately terastalize to get rid of my ghost type, and bring him to his focus sash with a bitter blade. After tanking a weak Dark Pulse, i deal the killing blow. Next is Gliscor, so i switch to Mudcrab. I have to tank an earthquake that does over half, then i do just over half with ice beam due to his yache berry. I have to switch here, so i opt to bring Blitzbear in and kill him with two play roughs. Unfortunately, this means Blitzbear is now in the red as Poliwrath comes out. This is obviously a job for Bäh; static paralyzes him as he hits me with a close combat, and i proceed to just one-shot him. Against Yanmega, my pokemon of choice will be Holleeder. His Bug Buzz does a lot of damage and lowers my special devense, but it doesn't matter as my Power Gem one-shots. I opt not to go for a mirror match against Kieran's Probopass; instead i switch to Shirona and bring it down to sturdy with one earthquake. This triggers its held berry, raising its special attack and allowing it to get off a powerful Flash Cannon, but i kill him the turn after. That brings us to his last pokemon, Dipplin. I think it's best to bring Ember back, so that she can two-shot and win me the match.

After witnessing this fight, Ogerpon seems to want to test my strength too. She puts on her red mask and terastalizes to pure fire, so i send out Mudcrab. I terastalize to water and tank an Ivy Cudgel that does over half, then i hit with a Surf that almost kills. I got a bit of HP back with my shell bell, but i still have to switch now. Shirona comes in on an Ivy Cudgel that does just under half, then Ogerpon sets up grassy terrain as i deal the final blow. After this, Ogerpon takes off her red mask and puts on her blue one, terastalizing to water type. I opt to switch Bäh in, but he takes over half from an Ivy Cudgel. i have nothing else that's good against this foe, so i have to use healing items lest i lose someone. The next Ivy Cudgel is a low roll, so the healing from Grassy Terrain gives me the confidence tat i can tank another one. So i fire off a thunderbolt that does almost half. I heal up again and he again leaves me with enough HP that i don't think i'm in kill range; guess his first one was a very high roll. I risk another crit to get another thunderbolt off and get him to the red. Grassy Terrain expires now though, so all of her ivy cudgels bring me into kill range. All i can do is heal-stall until she uses Grassy Terrain again, so i can kill. She does land a crit on the turn i finish it; not that that matters. Up next, Ogerpon puts on her grey mask and terastalizes to rock. I opt to switch to Blitzbear, who takes half from an Ivy Cudgel. Ogerpon then opts to swap to using Low Kick, which is weaker even though it's super effective. I again have to heal up though. I alternate between healing and earthquaking, while she alternates between ivy cudgel and low kick. Eventually, after Ogerpon refreshes the Grassy Terrain, i deal the finishing blow. Ogerpon now puts up her green mask and terastalizes to grass, so i switch to Holleeder on a powerful Ivy Cudgel. I predict a Low Kick here, so i switch Ember in for free. Bitter Blade gets the clean one-shot, winning me the battle. Following this, i catch this very special girl in a very special Luxury Ball. I don't think i'll be exposing this sweetie to the dangers of pokemon battles anymore though.

We head back to our dorms for the night, and the next morning, i'm told that Zeiyu is waiting for me at Loyalty Plaza. When i arrive there, i find Zeiyu staring at the rubble of what was once the shrine to the loyal three. She tells me that Suguri hasn't left his room since i beat him, and asks me to battle her with Ogerpon in my party. I guess i can box Bäh for now so Ogerpon can watch from the sidelines. Zeiyu leads with Mightyena and i lead with Mudcrab. I shrug off an intimidate and kill the thing with an aura sphere as it just howls. Morpeko is next, which is a job for Shirona. Earthquake brings her down to her sash, and the next earthquake kills. This brings out Leavanny, so i go to Ember ot one-shot the thing with Bitter Blade and heal back everything he did to me. I opt to stay in for the incoming Sinistcha, who tanks a Bitter Blade due to its berry, but his move misses so i can just kill next turn. For the Ninetales that comes out next, Shirona comes back out and launches an earthquake that gets me the win.

Zeiyu compliments my and Ogerpon's battle prowess, even though Ogerpon did not take the field. At that moment though, i get a phone call from Briar. She tells me the field trip is coming to an end, and i should head back to the dorms. There, we all say our farewells as Zeiyu and Suguri head back to Blueberry Academy with Briar and the students from my school all head on the plane back to Spain. I however will only be returning to Spain for a short time, to take up the offer i got to participate in an exchange to Blueberry Academy. So yeah, i go through that long flight back to Europe just to talk to Clavell. He introduces me to a man called Cyano, who is apparently the head of Blueberry Academy. Cyano tells me that Zeiyu has told him about me, and that i absolutely deserve a spot on his school's exchange program. Not sure when he could possibly have spoken to Zeiyu about this; her plane probably only landed in New York just a few hours before i got here. Doesn't matter though. I accept the offer, and after some preparations, i'm back at the airport for a trip westward.

On the plane, i read some pretty shocking news. Apparently Team Plasma has been sighted around New York again. I knew i should never have given up my search for my nemesis Ghetsis. Little i can do now though, so i just get off the plane at New York's airport and proceed to take the bus to Blueberry Academy. This place was built in the sea and has a giant terrarium built in a glass dome under the water. As i ask Cyano why it's built in the sea, some nerd girl comes up to us and explains it. Cyano introduces this girl as Taro. Taro offers to explain how things work around here, and takes me to the entrance lobby. There, she explains to me that the dome here contains similar energies to area zero in Spain and the crystal lake in Kitakami, which allows pokemon to terastalize here. They also explain that this place has its own elite four and champion, and that you do not need to beat any of New York's gyms to be allowed to fight them. The people here specialize in double battles; Taro challenges me to one. She leads with Plusle and Minun while i lead with Shirona and Mudcrab. I immediately switch Mudcrab out for Bäh and hit a dragon claw on the Minun for half damage as i get bombarded with a Swift and a Discharge, the latter of which heals Minun back up due to Volt Absorb. However, i find that switching Bäh in was a mistake; the only move it has that can hurt the enemies is Dazzling Gleam, which also hurts Shirona. So i switch in Blitzbear as both Minun and Shirona get hit into the yellow. One more dragon claw kills Minun, but an Alluring Voice brings Shirona into kill range. Taro brings in Excadrill, so next turn i switch out Shirona for Mudcrab while Blitzbear gets hit by a crit High Horsepower and a Grass Knot, and kills Excadrill in return withb Hammer Arm. I have to switch both my guys out now, so Bäh and Holleeder come inI don't care if Holleeder gets hit by a Dazzling Gleam, so i use that in combination with Earth Power to get the kill and win the match.

When we're done fighting, Cyano gives me my new school uniform, and i decide to call it a day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Holleeder (Probopass) lv 76
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 77
Bäh (Ampharos) lv 80
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 81
Ember (Ceruledge) lv 79
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 78

I'd have done the whole "it's ugly so i release it immediately" thing, but that just felt mean towards a pokemon i've kinda bonded with. Don't expect to see more from Ogerpon though.

Last edited:
We make our way down the elevator and into the academy's prime jewel: the terarium. It's really amazing how they managed to artificially create real-feeling biomes here on the ocean floor. The area's divided into 4 biomes; a savannah, a coast, a canyon and a snowscape. Taro also explains to me that there are self-help pokemon centers here; no need to bother a nurse about healing my mons. Cyano then tells me to look up, where i see something truly special: an orb that radiates Terastal energies. Just as this explanation is done though, we hear an announcement telling us to gather at the Coastal Area.

To get to the coast, i have to traverse the Savannah, so i might as well catch a Doduo along the way. Really wild that there are pokemon living in this artificial environment. Anyway, i name this doduo D'oh and proceed on. I make my way into a beautiful fake coastline, where i even meet a pokemon one might expect to find there: a Crabrawler. I of course catch the thing and name it Tamatoa. However, here, something horrible happens. In a battle against two Oricorio, they use their abilities to get off four revelation dances in one turn, killing my dear sweet Ember on the switch-in. Embr has been with my team since even before the massacre at the ghost gym, so this loss weighs heavily on my heart.

Ember's place on the team will be taken by Permian the Yanma. I teach it Ancientpower, so once my training session starts, it evolves to Yanmega almost immediately. After some training, i head back over to the coastal area and meet up with Taro and the other students there. At the gathering, it is explained to me that regional pokemon forms from other regions have recently been introduced to the terarium. We get a class assignment to find one of these forms on the island to the south. However, in the first battle i get into after this, a Slaking one-shots my newest recruit with a Giga Impact, meaning i am once again a team member down. So it's time to train someone else up. My choice this time falls on Threekiller the spoink, who evolves into Grumpig during training.

I train for a while, all the while encountering not a single regional form, then i decide to call it a day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Threekiller (Grumpig) lv 78
Bäh (Ampharos) lv 84
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 86
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 82
Holleeder (Probopass) lv 82
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 81

Yeah, i'm not good at double battles.

Last edited:
With my training done, i start looking for regional forms again, but this time i actually find one. I stumble upon a Hawaiian Diglett in a small cave, which i guess meets the requirements. I bring it back to the teacher, and Taro explains to me that here at the Blueberry Academy, teachers regularly give out these kinds of assignments. Completing these will get you a currency called BP, which can be used around the school to purchase certain things. However, i then take a look at my new Diglett and realise that it's ugly, so i release it immediately.

I then get an unexpected call from Zeiyu, my friend from Kitakami. She's heard tat i'm at her school now, and requests to meet at the plaza in the center of the terarium. On my way there though, things again go horribly wrong. Bäh gets doubled up on by an Araquanid and a Rabsca, who both outspeed due to trick room. Bäh had already received damage on the switch-in, meaning that it could not survive this onslaught. The double battles here at Blueberry Academy really are brutal. Bäh was with us for a long time, and he will be missed.

The team will be joined by Sapiens the Chimchar. I'm afraid i'm going to have to train him up; Zeiyu will have to wait a bit. During training, Sapiens evolves into Monferno and then into Infernape. When Sapiens's training is complete, i decide to call it a day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Sapiens (Infernape) lv 79
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 92
Threekiller (Grumpig) lv 87
Holleeder (Probopass) lv 88
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 87
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 87

If i'm losing this much mons to the regular trainers, i'm not looking forward to how brutal the bosses are gonna be

Last edited:
Zeiyu has waited long enough, so i make my way over to the center of the dome. She's talking to some other girl there, but the other girl has to leave the moment i arrive. Zeiyu welcomes me to Blueberry Academy. We decide to have a battle in the style of this academy, which is to say, a double battle. Zeiyu leads with her Mightyena and Toucannon and i lead with Holleeder and Blitzbear. Because of intimidate, Blitzbear's Hammer Arm leaves Mightyena with a sliver, so it sets up a howl as toucannon deals a sliver to Blitzbear and holleeder brings toucannon to a sliver. The next turn, Mightyena gets off a super fang on Holleeder and Toucannon brings him into the yellow before i kill them both. Zeiyu brings out Scrafty and Sinistcha, so i opt for a double switch next turn. Holleeder and Blitzbear are out, Sapiens and Mudcrab are in. Zeiyu terastalizes her Sinistcha to pure grass as i do this and scalds Sapiens while Scrafty brings him to a sliver; should have seen this coming, switching him into where Holleeder was. I use Mudcrab's turn to heal Sapiens up, then Sapiens terastalizes to pure fire and hits a supereffective flamethrower to deal massive damage to sinistcha. Unfortunately, i had not noticed its occa berry, which prevented me from getting the kill, and they got the kill on poor Sapiens this turn. I bring Shirona in, but i immediately recognise that this is probably a bad idea and go for a double switch to threekiller and blitzbear. Threekiller gets hit by a stun spore on the switch-in and blitzbear by a weak ice punch, then i switch threekiller back out for Shirona as blitzbear misses a play rough and gets paralyzed, and scrafty gets a bulk up off. I aticipate an ice punch and switch back to threekiller, who tanks it easily while Blitzbear hits its play rough this time. Threekiller fears Hex, so i switch to Shirona as dBlitzbear lands a Play Rough for the victory.

After the battle, Zeiyu asks me if i've seen Suguri around. When i answer that i haven't, we hear Suguri's voice coming from down the ledge. He no longer has this weird hairdo with hair in front of his face, and he's bullying some kid. Seems like he's had a complete shift in personality since we last met. A guy named Drayton overhears us talking about this, and walks over to introduce himself. Guy was formerly the strongest trainer here in Blueberry. He brings us to a place called the League Club Room, where the strongest trainers in the academy come to train. He explains that everyone here has a rank in the league, and that you can improve your rank by beating others. The top four in rank serve as the Elite Four. He also explains to be how to use the currency called BP to buy stuff, and gives me 200BP so i can learn. i spend 150 of it on some bullshit so he sees that i understand the system, and he lets me keep the other 50.

At this point, they finally give me the opportunity to say farewell to my beloved Sapiens and choose his successor; i opt to give Akkhuz-Ri the Shinx a place on the team. Zeiyu and i head to my dorm afterward, where she tells me that Suguri has become a lot stronger since we last met, and currently holds the title of champion of the blueberry league. Anyway, i had out into the dome to train Akkhuz-Ri up, and he evolves into Luxio and then into Luxray. I train for a while, then it's time to call it a day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Akkhuz-Ri (Luxray) lv 78
Holleeder (Probopass) lv 91
Threekiller (Grumpig) lv 91
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 89
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 89
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 94

I know, i was a complete idiot in that battle, and Sapiens paid the price.

Today during class, i met a kid called Remco, who had his sister's purrloin stolen by Team Plasma years past. Since we both have a bone to pick with those bastards, we become fast friends and agree to eventually head back to New York proper to deal with them. For now though, we're still studying at Blueberry. So i go to meet Drayton in the cafeteria. He asks me whether i want to partake in the Blueberry Pokemon League challenge while i am here. I see little harm in that, so i agree. At this moment, the other elite four and champion come in. Champion's Suguri, who is genuinely surprised to see me here. Elite four are Drayton and Taro, as well as a guy named Akamatsu and the girl Suguri was talking to earlier, who is called Nerine. The elite four vote on whether they think an exchange student like me should be able to compete, but it ends up being a tie and the final decision is left to Suguri, who votes in my favour, saying he won't lose to me this time.

We head back to the entrance hall to finish my registration. The lady explains that each of the elite four can be found in a specific biome in the terrarium, and that i will have to complete a test before battling them, similar to gym tests. So i head to the dome and explore the Savannah area to find my first opponent, Akamatsu. I spend the 50BP i had left to take part in his challenge; this challenge involves making a sandwich that's as spicy as it possibly can be. Not sure why you'd want to do that; spicy food is awful. But whatever. I beat up a bunch of trainers to get some ingredients and trade for some other ingredients, and i manage to make this disgusting sandwich for the guy. He likes it, so we can now get our elite four battle underway.

This is a fire elite four member, so nobody will have to sit this one out. He leads with Heat Rotom and Talonflame while i lead with Holleeder and Shirona. I immediately terastalize Holleeder to pure rock as Talonflame sets up Sunny Day, which Shirona immediately counters with a Sandstorm. Rotom burns Holleeder as Holleeder's Power Gem brings Talonflame to its sash, allowing the sandstorm to finish it off. In comes Exeggutor, who wastes time with Protect while Rotom deals a sliver to Holleeder and Holleeder brings it to a sliver in return. The next turn, my guys team up on Exeggutor and bring it to half while the sandstorm finishes Rotom off and Shirona gets burned. Camerupt comes in next, so it's probably wisdom to switch Holleeder out. I bring in Threekiller on an earth power that does nothing due to my air balloon, and Exeggutor protects against Shirona's attack to recover its berry with Harvest. Unfortunately Threekiller gets seeded this turn as the Sandstorm ends. I now opt for a double switch into Blitzbear and Mudcrab, as Shirona's health has gotten very low. However, Exeggutor starts charging a solarbeam possibly aimed for Mudcrab, so he has to switch out again immediately. I bring Threekiller in on an Earth Power which i'm still immune to due to air balloon, and then i find that the solarbeam was coming for Blitzbear. The next turn, another solarbeam starts charging as i take out camerupt. Magmortar comes out and i have to find a way to bring Shirona back out safely. So i use a Full restore on Blitzbear's turn and switch Threekiller out. Magmortar sets up Sunny Day and Blitzbear gets hit by a nasty Solarbeam, but i opt to keep her in. Shirona sets up the sand as Magmortar goes for Heat Wave, Blitzbear deals over half to Magmortar and Exeggutor starts charging a Solarbeam. Blitzbear is in the red now though, so i switch her out for Threekiller as Shirona deals the killing blow to Magmortar. This brings out Akamatsu's ace, Blaziken. I opt to switch Threekiller out for Akkhuz-ri for the intimidate as Blaziken terastalizes to pure fire and Shirona digs underground to dodge the incoming Temper Flare. The next tuen, Blaziken deals massive damage to Akkhuz-Ri, but Dig one-shots, meaking i now have only Exeggutor to deal with. Its psyshock brings Shirona into the red though, so i opt for a double switch. Threekiller and Holleeder come in, as i suspect he's out of Solarbeams. This suspicion proves incorrect, as he goes for the move the next turn while Threekiller is in the air using Bounce. I have no one who can switch in, so i just hope the sandstorm weakens the solarbeam enough so that healing will allow me to tank it. This works out; it brings me into the yellow as Bounce paralyzes. The next turn i finish him off for the victory.

After the battle, Drayton comes to congratulate me on my win. There's still 3 more E4 members to go though. But before i challenge them, i opt to go do some exploration. I head west into the Canyon Biome, where i encounter a Sawsbuck, with its beautiful autumn plumage. So i catch it and name it Soeq, after the one i had way back when. I think i should call it a day now though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Akkhuz-Ri (Luxray) lv 82
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 92
Threekiller (Grumpig) lv 93
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 92
Holleeder (Probopass) lv 93
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 96

For clarity, Remco is not an actual character in this game, it's what i'm gonna name the rival in Black 2

I continue exploring the magnificent rock formations of the canyon biome for a while, then i decide to head on north towards the polar biome. Here, i spot the mighty Abomasnow and decide to try and capture it. One quick ball does the trick, and Yeto joins the crew, though he will have to go to the box. As i'm exploring this winter-wonderland, i spy with my little eye a cave. I head inside for a quick peek, and catch Polar the Magnemite while i'm there. However, i don't feel like getting lost in a massive cave system, so i head back out pretty much immediately. I decide to go explore the coastline a bit more, when i come across another cave. This time, it's a Gothita i find inside; i shall name her Emo. Again though, i don't feel like getting lost in a cave, so i head back out and back to the polar biome for some more exploration. I make my way to the polar plaza, where i meet up with Drayton again. He tells me that for his challenge, i will have to beat his apprentices with pokemon i caught here in the Terarium. He does offer to pay the BP price for challenging a league member himself though, so that's nice of him. I'll have to train up a whole new squat to take care of his trainers though.

I'll be training up D'oh the Doduo, Tamatoa the Crabrawler and Soeq the Sawsbuck, as well as the aforementioned Yeto, Polar and Emo. I immediately evolve Tamatoa into Crabominable, and during my training D'oh evolves to Dodrio, Polar to Magneton and then Magnezone and Emo to Gothorita and then Gothitelle. Once i'm done training this B-team up, it's time to have them face Drayton's trainers. Unfortunately, things don't go to plan, as a Bastiodon and a Rampardos gang up on Emo and kill her. I have no replacements that fit the criteria, so we just have to go on. Fortunately, the other fights go off without a hitch, and Drayton allows me to use my regular team to fight him. I think i'm gonna call it a day for now though; i'll face Drayton next time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 93
Threekiller (Grumpig) lv 95
Akkhuz-Ri (Luxray) lv 85
Holleeder (Probopass) lv 94
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 93
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 97

After much preparation, it's time to take on Drayton. He specalizes in dragon types, so nobody will have to sit this one out. He leads with Flygon and Dragonite and i lead with Mudcrab and Blitzbear. My mons have to tank an earthquake that does almost half to Mudcrab, and Blitzbear has to tank an ice spinner from Dragonite too, but i get to hit Dragonite with a play rough and kill Flygon with an Ice Beam. Sceptile comes in, so Mudcrab cannot stay in. I switch to Akkhuz-Ri to get an intimidate off, but he immediately takes over half from leaf storm as Blitzbear crits a slash on Sceptile and tanks a weak Extremespeed. I decide to stay in though and risk the crit. Sceptile brings Akkhuz-Ri to the red and Dragonite sets up Tailwind as Blitzbear brings Dragonite to the red and Akkhuz-Ri kills Sceptile. Kingdra comes out, so i switch Akkhuz-Ri for Threekiller on a weak Extremespeed and a hydro pump miss. The turn thereafter, Kingdra sets up rain and dies to a play rough while Dragonite crits an ice spinner on Blitzbear and threekiller bounces into the air. Haxorus comes out next, and i opt to risk the crit on blitzbear. She tanks an extremespeed and an earthquake and is left in red health. My combined attacks kill Haxorus though, so out comes Drayton's ace, Archaludon. I opt to switch Blitzbear out for Holleeder and terastalize Threekiller to psychic while he terastalizes Archaludon to pure Dragon. Dragonite unfortunately crits an extrmeespeed on Threekiller and brings her to the yellow, but threekiller does bring archaludon to almost half with a psychic as archaludon does the same to Holleeder with an Electro Shot. I have to take risks here though; i do not have time to heal. I expect them both to go for Threekiller, so i have him Bounce up before they can attack. This does not work out, as Archaludon kills Holleeder with another Electro Shot. I'm forced to bring out Shirona now; dragon claw leaves Archaludon with a sliver and Bounce kills, so after Shirona easily tanks an Ice Spinner due to Akkhuz-Ri's Intimidate earlier, we kill the dragonite and win the battle.

After the battle, Suguri comes to taunt me about my weakness; i couldn't even beat Drayton without losing a pokemon. I'm so looking forward to beating that guy's ass again. Two more elite four members to go though. But first it's time to give Holleeder the funeral he deserves. He served my team well, especially against the evil monkey and against Akamatsu. Rest in peace, my friend.

James the Koffing will be let onto the team. During training, he evolves into Weezing. After his training is done, i decide to call it a day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

James (Weezing) lv 78
Mudcrab (Clawitzer) lv 95
Akkhuz-Ri (Luxray) lv 88
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 95
Threekiller (Grumpig) lv 98
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 100

Never thought i'd get a pokemon up to level 100 in a nuzlocke.

Also, apparently you get fully healed before the elite four battles. I had pre-burned Blitzbear for Guts, but to no avail.

Last edited:
This morning, in the school cafeteria, i ran into Remco again. We discussed our plans for the future, what we'll do after we're done with this academy. Since both of us have a bone to pick with Team Plasma and Ghetsis, we agree to go undercover to mainland Unova and try and root out the organization together. There's a lot of planning we need to do beforehand though, so for now, i'll just continue studying pokemon here at Blueberry.

As i head into the Canyon biome to enjoy the natural scenery and the rocky outcroppings, i run into a very strong trainer. He carries a Dragon Dance Haxorus, which sweeps through my team after just one dance. Akkhuz-Ri, Threekiller and Mudcrab end up falling to this monster's Outrages and his teammate Cinccino's additional damage. This really hurts; losing half my team like this to some random trainer. These guys all offered major contributions to the team throughout their service, with Mudcrab being one of my two longest-serving partners. Rest in peace guys.

Looks like Mufasa the Pyroar is back on the team, and Polar the Magnezone has graduated from the B-team to the A-team. They will be joined by Noah the Wooper as we start their training. As i'm training them, Noah evolves into Quagsire, the second cutest Water/Ground pokemon. Once i'm done training these guys up, it's time to call it a day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Noah (Quagsire) lv 78
Shirona (Garchomp) lv 98
Blitzbear (Ursaring) lv 100
Polar (Magnezone) lv 83
Mufasa (Pyroar) lv 78
James (Weezing) lv 84

Back
Top Bottom