• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TINA's Nuzlocke Series

Before i head through Mt. Coronet, i go on another dig, and actually find a fossil this time. I immediately head back to Oreburgh to show it to the museum staff there, and they offer to revive it for me. Now Ming the Shieldon is alive once more. However, while Bastiodon proved a great asset back on Hawaii, my current team composition means it's probs a bad idea to add more fighting and ground weaknesses; those types will probs become a problem once Hikari evolves. So Ming is going in the box for now, awaiting a day when my team composition changes.

With that all done, i head into Mt. Coronet and encounter a Zubat there. It shall be named Dracula and it's going in the box. I head on when i suddenly find myself face to face with an old enemy of mine: Cyrus. You'd think that he of all people would recognise me, but he doesn't. He just goes on one of his usual rants about the world being awful. Something strange is definitely going on here, with everyone failing to recall my previous adventures in Hokkaido. Could it be related to the strange thing that happened on Mt. Silver? i'll probably have to look into that. Anyway, after his rant, Cyrus heads off; we really should have put the man in jail after what happened with Dialga. Time to head on though.

On the other side of the mountain, i reach route 208. This riverside route has quite impressive waterfalls and rock formations; ideal if you want to relax to the soothing sound of water pouring down the cliffs. I come across a Psyduck here, which i catch and nickname Donald. I then press on through the route and into Hearthome City, the cultural heart of Hokkaido. As i enter town, a Buneary runs up and bumps into me, followed by its trainer. Said trainer introduces herself as one of the judges in the contests that are held in this city; she invites me to come check them out during my visit. Before i head there though, i decide to do some other touristy stuff, like a visit to the town's age-old church. This church honours the myths that i discovered to be true last time i visited here, about Dialga and stuff. I decide not to visit the city's famous Amity Square though, as it looks lame. When i head up to the gym, i find that the gym leader Melissa is once again not doing her job and is off somewhere else.

Time to head to the contest hall, i guess. Lo and behold, Melissa's just standing here, participating in contests rather than accepting challengers. She's even unwilling to accept my challenge because she thinks i'm not strong enough. Isn't it her job to test that? do your fucking job, lady. Seriously, how is she still a gym leader if she constantly abandons her duties? Anyway, i head into the contest hall, where i see my mother engaged in a conversation with the judge whose buneary i ran into. I knew my mom was into contests, but it's still a neat coincidence that we run into each other here. Mom insists that i partake in one of these contests even though she knows it's not really my thing; Tezara ends up losing, but a second place isn't too bad. I should get going though.

As i head south on my way to exit town, i run into Max. Kid's impatient as ever, and demands that i battle him right away. I see no harm in that, so he sends out his Starly while i lead with Tezara. One fury swipes takes care of that problem, and next is Buizel. I switch to Hana and kill the thing with two absorbs, after which Max sends out his Ponyta. This is a job for Hikari; Bubblebeam gets the one-shot. Max's final pokemon is his Grotle, for which i opt to send in Lorkhan. Bug Bite only just misses out on the two-shot, but he can't hurt me in return to i kill the grotle and grab the victory. Max vows to get stronger and challenge the Veilstone gym, then he heads off. I prepare to head off as well, but then a guy near the town's exit offers me an egg. I get so excited about what might be in there that i start hyperactively cycling around town, until i see cracks forming in the egg. A cute little Happiny emerges; i name it Morwha, but unfortunately it will be residing in the box for now since i don't want to ditch any of my current team.

I head out east, where i come across a fisherman who offers me his good rod. I opt to not check it out though, and instead i run into the grass and catch Daioto the Staravia. I then proceed along the piers of this quiet riverside route until i come across an odd structure that seems to be missing a keystone of some kind. I don't have it though, so this mystery will remain unsolved. If i ever find it, i'll be sure to come back here. Further north, i find this region's pokemon graveyard-tower. Unlike the equivalent tower in Kanto, this one hasn't made way for a radio tower, so i'm glad to see that people here still respect the deceased. I decide to head in to pay my respects, but once inside i run into a Misdreavus. I pacify this evil spirit by trapping it in a poke ball, and give it the nickname Missy. Once i reach the top of the tower, the old couple there reward me for my piety by updating my poketch with HM04 Strength, though i won't be able to use it for some time.

With my respects paid and HM04 in hand, i decide to leave the tower and head north to Solaceon Town. In this rural farming town, i decide to call it a day for now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Zen (Meditite) lv 26
Tezara (Aipom) lv 27
Lorkhan (Skorupi) lv 26
Hikari (Prinplup) lv 28
Noisy (Staravia) lv 29
Hana (Budew) lv 27

got 2 pokemon i really like (Shieldon and Happiny) but my team currently consists entirely of pokemon i really like, so they're just going to have to wait until a space opens up.

also, i had my first run-in with that affection bullshit today, with Noisy randomly recovering from being poisoned. not gonna force-feed my mons herbal medicine to prevent it though.

Since i have no pressing matters to attend to, i decide to explore the ruins on the east end of town, with the weird alphabet pokemon. I meet one along the way, so i catch it and name if F. At the bottom floor, i find a heartwarming message in Unownspeak, as well as some treasures. Time to head back out though. I'm done here, but if you ever visit this region, i strongly advise checking out these ancient ruins; they're worth your time.

I decide to head out north from Solaceon onto route 210. This route seriously needs to get the lawnmower treatment; it's almost impossible to properly move through this tall grass. I encounter a Geodude here, so i catch it and name it Takeshi. I find a cafe in the middle of the route, so i decide to check it out and have some battles with the staff. Kinda strange to have a cafe here in the middle of nowhere, but i guess it draws enough customers to sustain itself. As i'm facing the regulars, something good happens; Hana has gained enough experience to evolve into Roselia. I stay for a while and celebrate Hana's evolution with a few drinks, but then it's time to head on my way.

The way north is blocked by a group of Psyduck, so i head east onto route 215. The moment i head onto the route, it starts raining; i really should have stayed in the cafe a little longer until the rain ended. Oh well, i'm already wet now, so i might as well proceed. I run into an Abra, and i actually manage to catch it before it teleports off. It shall be named Lithuania and it's going in the box. I proceed through to Veilstone City, and the rain finally stops as i pass through the city gates. I dry myself off in the city's pokemon center, then i head out to do the city's touristy stuff, like admiring the meteors and the city's natural hills, as well as visiting the boutique.

Time to head for the gym now. Before i can head in, i run into Lucas, who is in town to do some shopping at the department store. We have little to discuss though, so he heads off and i challenge the gym. This is a fighting gym, so Tezara will be sitting this one out. Instead, F the Unown will be joining us, as death fodder. The gym puzzle consists of the same sliding doors that were here last time; i make my way through to Maylene and challenge her to a battle. She leads with Meditite and i lead with Noisy. I outspeed and one-shot with aerial ace, and Maylene sends out her Machoke. Aerial Ace brings it to the red as Noisy avoids its attack due to loving me so much. Maylene then wastes a bunch of potions as i repeatedly bring Machoke to the red, but eventually it goes down. Last is Maylene's ace, Lucario. I send out Zen for this; his bulk up does not prevent me from two-shotting with Force Palm, granting me the victory.

As i step outside the gym, i find Lucas waiting for me there. Team Galactic stole his pokedex, and he needs my help to get it back. We head to the Galactic Warehouse together and beat up a few of those whackadoodles, and they agree to give back the dex. With the day saved, me and Lucas head our separate ways, with him heading for Pastoria City to study the great marsh. I decide to go and search the Galactic warehouse for clues as to their current plans, and i find HM02 Fly, which i use to update my poketch with that move. I immediately use it to fly back to Eterna and fish up a Magikarp, which i name Blub. The experience from this capture allows Tezara to learn Double Hit, and it immediately grows another tail to properly execute the move; it's now an Ambipom. I then fly back to Twinleaf town and fish up another Magikarp, which i name Sashimi.

I think i'll call it a day for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Lorkhan (Skorupi) lv 31
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 32
Noisy (Staravia) lv 33
Hikari (Prinplup) lv 32
Zen (Meditite) lv 32
Hana (Roselia) lv 32

Let me turn the fucking EXP share off. This isn't fun. i don't want to be this overleveled.

After catching those karp, i fly my way back to Veilstone and head down south. Here, Noisy gains enough experience to evolve into her final form, Staraptor. I also manage to catch myself a Ponyta among this fence maze, which i shall nickname Epona. As i explore this area, i find a small cave that's been dug by a guy looking for Unown. I direct him to the Solaceon Ruins, but before i can leave the cave, i'm attacked by a wild Geodude. Once this geodude is in my poke ball, i opt to nickname it Ludwig. Anyway, time to head out and continue south. I find my way to the Valor Lakefront, the region's most famous resort. In the grasses here, i catch Bakumatsu the Bibarel, then i head on to the lake itself. Unfortunately, it is closed to the public, so i cannot enter to check what precautions they are taking now that Team Galactic is back. The road to Sunyshore is also blocked, so after i beat all the trainers in the restaurant, i head on south to the beach.

I head westward along the beach until i find the house of some weirdo who loves footprints, then i head a bit to the north to Pastoria City. However, in the grass just before Pastoria, i run into a Buizel, which i catch and name Buoy. Anyway, i proceed into the swamp city of Pastoria, where i immediately decide to head for the Great Marsh to its north. I throw out my fishing rod here and land... a magikarp. I name it Blegh and it goes in the box. After i'm done in the marsh, i decide to try fishing in the city itself and... i land a magikarp. This one will be named Sakana.

Time for the gym. This is a water gym, so nobody will have to sit this one out. Wake's gym puzzle revolves around changing the water level to create pathways. I manage this and make my way to the gym leader. He leads with Gyarados and i lead with Tezara. Despite his intimidate, double hit gets the 2HKO (or 4HKO i guess) and wake sends out his Quagsire. I switch to Hana for this, and kill him with a giga drain. Last is Wake's Floatzel, for which i opt to keep Hana in; that may have been a missplay, as he outspeeds and a crit ice fang would have killed. I don't get punished though and OHKO with giga drain, granting me the victory. After the battle, Hikari evolves into Empoleon, reaching her final form to celebrate our victory over the gym of her type.

When i step outside, i notice a Galactic grunt standing about ominously, so i confront him. He talks about a bomb; hope they're protecting the lake from that. Don't want a repeat of what happened last time. Anyway, he flees toward the lake, but as i'm giving chase, i run into Max, who impatiently demands that i battle him right away. I try to tell him that there's no time, but he'll have none of that; he sends out his Starly, so i have no choice but to send out Noisy. One close combat takes out the little bird, so Max sends out his Buizel. This is Hana's job; like Wake's Floatzel before it, this Buizel goes down to one Giga Drain. Then comes Ponyta, so i opt to go for the newly evolved Hikari, who one-shots it with Brine. Last but not least is Max's Grotle, so i switch to Lorkhan. It takes me two pin missiles to take him out, but he wastes time with stealth rock, granting me a damageless victory.

Sure enough, the grunt used this battle to get away from me. I catch up on the beach though; he flees once again and i give chase. Eventually, north of the Valor Lakefront, he stops running and we do battle. I wipe the floor with him and he heads off to the north. I follow and run into Cynthia. She wanted to research Lake Valor, but they won't let her in. Eh, it's for the best, if regular folks can't enter than team Galactic can't enter either. Cynthia decides to just hand me some medicine for the psyduck on route 210, then she heads off. Do i look like an errand girl to you? deliver the medicine yourself.

Anyway, i think it's time to call it a day for now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Lorkhan (Skorupi) lv 34
Hana (Roselia) lv 35
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 37
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 36
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 36
Zen (Meditite) lv 35

i'm not going to deliver this medicine just yet; i'm not some errand girl. Instead, i opt to explore the route west of Pastoria, known as route 212. Unfortunately, just as i step into this marsh, it starts raining; just my luck. I guess it does suit the wetlands to be wet though. I fish up another magikarp while i'm here and nickname it Haring. Anyway, i proceed onward, and eventually i reach the nicely kept gardens of Mr. Backlot's mansion. The rain also stops the moment i hit this part of the route, which is a pleasant surprise. I decide to go and visit the rich guy here and see what kinds of "rare" pokemon he has in his yard. In the backyard of this giant sprawling mansion, i catch a Roselia, which i will nickname Rosi.

After i clear out the rest of the route, i come to realise that my aversion to being used as an errand girl should not come to the detriment of those poor Psyduck on route 210, so i swallow my pride and head over there. After healing them, they disperse, clearing up the road and allowing people to go through. Cynthia also happens to show up the moment after, so i guess she could have just brought the medicine herself with no need of an errand girl. bah. Even worse, Cynthia asks me to once again act as her errand girl, asking me to bring something to her grandma in Celestic Town. I'm heading there anyway so i might as well, but i really resent being sent on errands like this. Anyway, as i head onto the northern portion of the route, a dense fog creeps up, but i fortunately picked up HM05 Defog in the great marsh, so i clear it up no problem, allowing me to perceive this route's marvelous cliffs and waterfalls with no problem.

While i am progressing through this area, Zen makes the step of evolving into Medicham, giving me a strong physical powerhouse on my team. Not long after, i arrive in Celestic Town, but just to spite Cynthia, i'm not delivering her thing immediately. Instead, i'm going for a dig. Under the ground here, i find a giant cavern filled with gleaming gemstones, where i encounter a Bronzor. I catch this little guy, and give him the nickname Kagami. With that done though, i head back up and decide to explore the area west of Celestic, to enjoy the view of Mt. Coronet. I'll never get enough of the view on this giant mountain; it's the single most magnificent structure in all of Hokkaido.

After spending some time enjoying the view, i head back to Celestic only to notice a Team Galactic member at the town's ancient shrine. Guy threatens to blow the place up, so i beat him up to dissuade him. After i'm done with the idiot, Cynthia's grandma comes up to me and thanks me for protecting the town, so i might as well give her Cynthia's thing. She invites me into the cave and relays the story i already know about the Lake Guardians and Dialga, though she doesn't know their names. After she's done, she gives me HM03 Surf and adds it to my poketch, allowing me to cross water as well as giving me some powerful water STAB, though i'll have to beat Melissa's gym in Hearthome first.

As i step outside the cave, i run into Cyrus, who introduces himself to me, not remembering that i was the one who stopped him from summoning Dialga all that time ago. Guy talks his crazy talk to me about wanting to control space or something, then he heads off. I think i'll call it a day for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Lorkhan (Skorupi) lv 38
Hana (Roselia) lv 38
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 39
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 39
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 39
Zen (Medicham) lv 38

Another snoozefest today

Before i head over to Hearthome, i decide to go fishing, and i net myself a Barboach. I will name it Kashima, but while its evolution Whiscash is the cutest, most awesome pokemon around, Barboach is nothing special so it's going in the box. Anyway, time to fly to Hearthome and challenge Melissa's gym. This is a ghost gym, so Zen will be sitting this one out. Instead, i'm bringing Haring the Magikarp, as death fodder. The gym is actually accepting challengers this time, but Melissa still hasn't set up an interesting puzzle; it's still math. Unfortunately, i am absolutely awful at math, so i get every question wrong twice. Because of this, i have to face all the gym trainers, which gives Haring enough experience to evolve into Gyarados. I eventually do manage to get through to Melissa though, and i challenge her to a battle. She leads with Drifblim and i lead with Noisy. Aerial Ace does well over half, but then he burns me. I still two-shot it though, so next is Gengar. I opt to send out Lorkhan for this; he confuses me on turn one, and i hit myself. I opt to stay in and use a night slash, which activates his Colbur Berry, but after seeing the massive damage a not very effective sludge bomb did to me, i opt to switch. I sack Haring to bring Hikari in, but he confuses me immediately. Brine brings him to the red (i forgot to learn surf) but then Melissa uses a full restore. She wastes a few more healing items here, but eventually i get the Gengar down. Last but not least is Mismagius, for which i opt to send Tezara out. Astonish two-shots, granting me the victory.

The moment i step outside the gym, i find Cynthia waiting for me there. She wants to thank me for saving Celestic Town, and suggests that i travel to Canalave if i wish to find out more about the region's mythology. I already know all about Dialga and the Lake Guardians though, so i'll probably save that for later. For now, i'm using my newfound ability to surf to explore the area south of Sandgem. Last time i explored the region, they were building a device there that allows connection to Hoenn, which is super cool. So, with the intent of finding out how far they've progressed, i set sail and encounter a Tentacool, which i catch and name Ursula. Lorkhan also evolves while i'm here, into the mighty Drapion. Would've been great if he did that prior to the ghost gym, but eh, it's still great that he finally gained this power.

A bit further onto the open seas, i run into another Tentacool, which i catch and name Squidward. I head west after this, and some time later, i hit land on route 221, where i catch a Gastrodon and name it Pinku. When i reach the site of Pal Park though, i find out that they've discontinued the project and are instead looking to build something called Ramanas Park here. Disappointing, but i'll see how this new thing turns out. I guess that concludes my business here though.

The Canalave library probably houses nothing i care about, but there is another building in that city i'm interested in: the gym. So i fly to Sapporo and head west onto route 218, where i encounter a Wingull while riding the waves. I catch it and name it Peeko, then i surf on to Canalave. As i enter the city gates, i run into Lucas's dad, who tries to upgrade my pokedex for me, but fails as it apparently doesn't need this update. whatever. He informs me that the professor is in town, then he heads off and i decide to call it a day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Zen (Medicham) lv 42
Hana (Roselia) lv 42
Lorkhan (Drapion) lv 42
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 43
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 44
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 43

I decide to explore town a bit, but as i cross the bridge to the west side, i run into Max there. He tells me that he's about to challenge the gym here, and wishes to battle me to see if i'm ready too. He leads with his Staravia and i lead with Tezara. Because of quick claw, he gets off a pluck, but double hit kills him thereafter. Max then sends out his Heracross, so i switch to Noisy and one-shot it. Then comes Buizel; Hana will one-shot this one. Fourth is Ponyta, which is Hikari's task. One move is again enough. Last but not least, Max's Grotle comes out, and i send out Lorkhan. Grotle actually survives a hit, but he wastes time with stealth rock, allowing me to kill it and win. After this battle, Max heads off to the gym, allowing me to explore on my own.

I decide to do some fishing, and i net myself a Finneon, which i shall name Ferb. I decide to take the ferry to Iron Island, as i recall that that was an interesting place to explore. I head into the abandoned mines, where i fight many trainers and find many interesting items. At one of the lower floors, i run into my old friend Riley, though unsurprisingly he does not remember exploring this mine with me before. He wants to team up with me again to explore the rest of the cave, which is cool with me. As we're exploring, we run into a graveler and an onix, but unfortunately the graveler explodes and takes the onix with it, meaning i cannot catch either. At the end of the cave, we encounter two of those crazy team galactic idiots. They won't reveal their plans here, so we just beat them up and they fuck off. As thanks for helping him out with this, Riley gives me an egg, then we part ways.

As i proceed towards the exit, i find myself a Shiny Stone, which allows Hana to evolve into Roserade. This means that everyone on my team is now fully evolved. With this newfound power, i opt to head back to Canalave and challenge the gym there. This is a steel gym, so nobody will have to sit this one out. The gym puzzle revolves around using elevator tiles (with no hand rails, mind you) to navigate up high into the air where the gym leader awaits. I eventually manage this extremely dangerous feat and challenge Byron to a battle. He leads with his Bronzor and i lead with Lorkhan. My night slash brings him to the red as he sets up trick room, but Byron decides to waste all his healing items here as i repeatedly bring the bronzor's HP back down. Eventually though, i do take it out, and next is Steelix. I opt to send out the newly evolved Hana here, whose giga drain brings the big snake down to sturdy as it sets up sandstorm. a second giga drain gets the kill, and last is Byron's Bastiodon. I go for Zen here and bring him down to sturdy with force palm. His berry heals him a bit, but that doesn't stop force palm from killing the next turn. 6 badges in hand.

The moment i step outside, Max is there waiting for me. He informs me that the professor is waiting for us in the library; he has something he wishes to discuss with us. I head over there with Max, and we meet the professor and Lucas on the top floor. Guy tells us about the progress he is making in his research on evolution, and asks us for a favor; he wishes to research why the legendary pokemon don't evolve, so he wants us to register these mons in our pokedexes. We're discussing who will go to which of the region's lakes for this, but then the earth suddenly starts to shake. We head outside to check what's going on when a sailor informs us that a bomb has just been dropped on Lake Valor. Seriously? Why has the government not stepped up the security of the lakes? It's clear as day that team galactic is back; why the fuck would no one put measures in place to stop them from enacting their evil acts and summoning dialga once more? Do they not remember what happened last time? These incompetent fools. Ugh, i guess it's up to me again to save the region, though they really do not deserve to be saved after this incompetence.

We decide that Max will go and halt them at Lake Acuity in the north, the professor and Lucas will fight them at Lake Verity and i will be heading to Lake Valor. When i arrive there, i find the lake drained of water, with galactic grunts everywhere. I fight my way to Azelf's cavern, where i find commander Saturn. Guy hates on me for interfering with team galactic's plans, and challenges me to a battle. He leads with his Kadabra and i lead with Lorkhan. Saturn decides to immediately switch his Bornzor into a Night Slash, which OHKOs. He then sends out his Toxicroak, so i switch to Zen. a single psybeam gets the OHKO, and Saturn has only his Kadabra left. Lorkhan comes back out and kills the thing, winning me the battle.

After the batle though, Saturn informs me that he was just wasting my time and they already have the legendary pokemon here firmly in their possession. this is starting to go just as wrong as last time, when they actually summoned a god to this world. I should probably check how things are going at the other lakes, but for now, i'm calling it a day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Lorkhan (Drapion) lv 46
Zen (Medicham) lv 46
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 47
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 46
Hana (Roserade) lv 46
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 46

didn't even bother to heal up before Saturn. This is boring.

After this disaster, i should probably go check on the others to see whether they are having any success. I head to Lake Verity, where i find the professor and Lucas fighting off some grunts. I opt to join in, and i fight my way through several waves of grunts to reach Commander Mars. Lucas and i confront Mars together, and she has the audacity to suggest that we're a couple. Ew no, still a lesb. I challenge her to a fight; she leads with Golbat and i lead with Hikari. Surf gets the two-shot, so Mars switches to her Bronzor. I send out Lorkhan for this; Night Slash gets the one-shot. Last is her Purugly, so i switch to Zen. One force palm is enough to kill the big cat, getting me the victory.

However, it turns out this battle was also just a distraction. Mesprit is now in enemy hands, and Mars suggested that Uxie is soon to follow. I should make haste to Hokkaido's northern reaches to help out Max, even if i'm probably too late already. So i fly to Eterna and head through Mt. Coronet to Route 216. This wintry wonderland might make for some great tourism if i wasn't in such a hurry. I run into a Sneasel here, which i catch and name Nyaru. I proceed on to route 217, where an intense hailstorm picks up. I have no time to seek shelter though; i have to get to Lake Acuity to see if Max is doing OK. This proves to be a mistake, as i get lost in the storm. I do find HM08 Rock Climb though, so i guess that's a positive. I also catch a second Medicham here, who shall be nicknamed Shingon.

After much stumbling around, i make it to the Acuity Lakefront. There are two plasma grunts guarding the entrance to the lake itself though; they tell me that in order for them to let me pass, i'm going to need the gym badge from the Snowpoint Gym. I really wish i hadn't misplaced my badges from the first time i came here; i should manage my stuff better. So i just catch another Sneasel, name it Runya and head on to the city. Snowpoint City is truly a beautiful place to live if you like the snow. It's everywhere. If I had time, i'd go do some touristy things and visit the temple up north, but i don't have time.

The gym leader here, Suzuna, won't just give me the badge so that i can fight off the evil team; she insists that i waste time on formally challenging her team. I've said it before, but she is absolutely in league with these goons. There's no other reason why she'd insist on this when the fate of the world lies in the balance. So anyway, this is an ice gym, which means Hana nad Noisy will be sitting this one out. Instead, i'm bringing Keese and Bruce the zubats, as death fodder. The gym puzzle involves sliding on the ice to break giant snowballs. As i'm doing this and fighting the gym trainers, both of my fodder zubat evolve into Golbat. Eventually, i manage my way to Suzuna and i challenge her for the badge. She leads with Snover and i lead with Lorkhan. It immediately starts to hail (which makes complete sense indoors) but that doesn't stop Cross Poison from one-shotting. Next is Sneasel, so i switch to Zen, who kills it. Even a berry cannot prevent a one-shot. Anyway, Suzuna opts to send out her own Medicham next, so i switch back to Lorkhan. A crit night slash only just misses out on the one-shot, but the hail takes care of the rest. Last is Abomasnow and i opt to stay in. Cross Poison activates its held berry as it sets up an Aurora Veil, but that can't stop the next cross poison from killing. 7 badges. Whatever. There's more important things right now.

I head back to Lake Acuity, but surprise surprise, i'm too late. Max has lost to Jupiter; all three lake pokemon are in the enemies' hands. I catch yet another Sneasel here and name it Ranyu, then i decide to call it a day for now. I'll head to team Galactic's Veilstone building next time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Noisy (Staraptor) lv 49
Zen (Medicham) lv 50
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 51
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 50
Hana (Roserade) lv 49
Lorkhan (Drapion) lv 50

my pokemon were almost 10 levels higher than the gym leader's mons. Do people really prefer this over the occasional grinding?

I haste my way over to Veilstone so i can save the lake trio. I intimidate a grunt into giving me the key to their warehouse, and my infiltration can begin. Why do all evil organizations seem to fill their HQ with warp panels? makes the place a pain to navigate. Anyway, i snoop around until i find a key to the main building, so i can now freely explore that. I fight my way through many hordes of grunts, but eventually i manage to make my way to Cyrus's office. He confirms that they are indeed holding the lake trio here, and challenges me to a battle if i wish to free them. He leads with Murkrow and i lead with Hikari. Surf gets the OHKO, and next is Golbat. I opt to stay in and two-shot the big bat with Surf as he goes for a screech. Last is Sneasel, so i switch to Zen and kill it with a force palm. Victory is mine.

Cyrus then tells me i am free to release the lake trio if i want; he has no further use for them. He gives me the master ball as a token for my victory, and then he heads off to Spear Pillar to attempt his nefarious plans once more. I take the warp pad to the lab where the legendary mons are held, but i run into commander Saturn there. Saturn does not believe his boss would agree to release the trio, and challenges me to a battle. He leads with Kadabra and i lead with Lorkhan. He immediately switches out to Toxicroak, so my night slash does little. I switch to Noisy on a brick break, then i kill with brave bird. Saturn then brings Kadabra back out, so i bring Lorkhan back out. This time, he doesn't switch, and i OHKO with night slash. Bronzor is last and also goes down to one night slash.

After my victory, Saturn agrees to step aside and let me free the trio. No time to celebrate this victory though; i need to get to Spear Pillar as fast as possible to stop Cyrus from summoning Dialga again. So i fly to Oreburgh and begin my ascent from there. As i'm scaling the exterior of Hokkaido's mighty mountain, i run into an Abomasnow, so i catch it without hesitation and name it Yeto. When i finally reach the Spear Pillar, i find that Team Galactic is already preparing for the rites to summon the legendary pokemon. I make my way past a final pair of grunts, then i try to head on to Cyrus, but Mars and Jupiter block my path while Cyrus deploys the Red Chain. I expect to see Dialga emerge from the portal he created, but instead, i see something else. Cyrus calls this thing Palkia, and he traps it with the red chain. As Palkia starts destroying the world as we know it, i prepare to take on a team of Mars and Jupiter all by myself, but then Max suddenly shows up to help. I don't know how he found us, but this is a welcome surprise as we take on the admins together.

I lead with Lorkhan, Max leads with Munchlax and the enemies both send out a Bronzor. We team up on one of the bronzor and take it down, but the other one manages to get a Reflect up. Skuntank comes in to replace the deceased Bronzor, and i decide to target it rather than the remaining bronzor. The reflect causes my moves to deal little damage, but the enemies seem to prefer attacking Munchlax so i'm fine. They do confuse both Lorkhan and Munchlax, and Munchlax goes down not long after. Max sends out his Staraptor instead, and we take out the Skuntank as Reflect fades. Golbat comes in, but i have to switch out Lorkhan now. I opt to bring Tezara in as the Golbat kills Max's Staraptor. Max opts for his Buizel next, and we kill the Golbat. Now it's a two-on-one. We team up on the Bronzor and kill it, and next is Purugly. Double hit deals just over half and activates its berry, but due to Buizel's tail whip, the next double hit kills. Last is another Golbat; double hit brings it to the red, but Buizel wastes time with Tail Whip rather than killing it. No matter; i just kill with Swift the next turn.

Max has redeemed himself for losing at Lake Acuity, but i am probably the right person to face off against Cyrus. He sees this and heals my team, then he heads off. However, before i can challenge Cyrus, something happens. The lake trio appear and break the red chain, freeing Palkia from Team Galactic's control. Mesprit apparates to me, probably to voice its thanks for freeing it, then the trio head off again. This pisses Cyrus off, and he decides to take out his anger on me through a pokemon battle. He leads with Honchkrow and i lead with Lorkhan. I two-shot with cross poison, one of which was a crit, while he wastes time defogging my accuracy away. Next up is Gyarados, for which i'll switch to Noisy. Intimidate cuts both of our attack stats so all we can do is chip away at each other, but i end up winning this chipping war despite him knowing Ice Fang. Cyrus opts to use full restores though, so i eventually have to switch to Tezara. Tezara does manage to take out the big water dragon, and up next is Weavile. I send out Zen; not even a Chople Berry can prevent the one-shot with Force Palm. Last but not least is Crobat, for which i choose Hikari. I thought Cyrus didn't befriend his pokemon, yet he does have one that evolves through friendship. No matter though; i tank his u-turns and two-shot him.

Cyrus vows to recreate the red chain once more, and heads off. I hope the cops put proper measures in place this time to prevent this; ideally they'd just arrest this guy. After Team Galactic heads off, the professor and Lucas show up, having heard about what's going on from Max. They pressure me to go and catch Palkia, because currently it's a danger to the world. So i take my master ball from my bag and fling it at the pokemon in front of me. Palkia, the god of space, is now mine to command. But it's ugly so i release it immediately. The professor tells me that he hasn't seen anything as impressive as this in his 60 years walking this planet.

With the world saved, i think it's time to call it a day for now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Lorkhan (Drapion) lv 53
Zen (Medicham) lv 54
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 55
Hana (Roserade) lv 53
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 53
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 53

Last edited:
To celebrate my triumph over evil, i fly to Snowpoint City and go on a dig. I stumble upon a giant ice cavern beneath the earth, where i run into one of these Japanese Mr. Mimes. I thought it was only our native British ones that liked the ice. Anyway, i catch it and name it Satoshi no chichi. I explore this subterranean snowscape a bit more, but then it's time to head back up and continue my journey. I head to the Valor Lakefront, but while i'm there, i figure i might as well pay a visit to the lake itself. As i'm admiring the lake's beauty, a Chingling comes up to me, so i toss a quick ball its way and now it's mine. It shall be named Kojirou, but the chance that i'm gonna use it is rather slim. I also decide to check out the cave in the center of the lake, where i actually find Azelf. It wishes to battle me, so i comply. The little pixie is no match for Lorkhan though, who two-shots it with Night Slash.

Time to head on. I head east from the Valor Lakefront onto Route 222. On this beach route, i run into a Purugly, which i catch and name Marie. However, as i proceed, something terrible happens. A Lopunny owned by a random trainer here apparently knows mirror coat, and since Hana could not get the one-shot, i now have the first death i care about since i got to this region. Rest in peace, Hana. You've been with us since Eterna Forest, and you've been a key player in countless battles since. You'll be missed.

After deliberating for some time who should join the team in Hana's stead, i opt for Kashima the Barboach. I switch train it against the remaining trainers on the route, when Kashima suddenly evolves into the cutest, most lovable pokemon of all: Whiscash. Just look at that goofy smile and those adorable whiskers. How could anyone see this and not immediately fall in love? I promise i'll take good care of this guy and not let anything bad happen to it. Anyway, after all the trainers here are beaten, i proceed into Sunyshore City, where i run into Flint of the Elite Four. Guy tells me that the gym leader here, Volkner, has grown tired of battling because all his opponents are too weak. Guess he doesn't remember the awesome fight he had with me back when i first came here. Flint asks me to go to the lighthouse and ask Volkner to battle me, but i don't feel like Kashima is strong enough for that yet.

Instead, i go for another dig. There's a huge swamp here below the ground; i run into a Quagsire here, so i catch it and name it Noh. This is as good a place as any to give Kashima the training it needs for the gym. I train for some time, then it's time to call it a day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Kashima (Whiscash) lv 38
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 58
Lorkhan (Drapion) lv 55
Zen (Medicham) lv 56
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 56
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 56

was not expecting to lose a pokemon here. Hana's been with us for a long time, and would have been good against the upcoming gym as well as the pokemon league. I guess the upside is that i get to use Whiscash now.

I train Kashima up a bit more, then i decide to just use my rare candies to get ready for the gym. First though, i'll have to head up to the lighthouse to sway Volkner to actually do his job. This fortunately isn't too difficult; he agrees to head to his gym and i follow him there. Would be nice if gym leaders did not need persuading to do their jobs, but i digress. I run into Flint in front of the gym, and he wishes me luck with the challenge. This is an electric gym, so Hikari and Noisy will be sitting this one out. Instead, i'll be taking F the Unown and Ludwig the Geodude, as death fodder. The puzzle revolves around navigating turning platforms; while i'm doing this and beating the gym trainers, Ludwig evolves into Graveler. Eventually, i manage to get to Volkner; he leads with Raichu and i lead with Ludwig. He brings me down to sturdy immediately as i set up stealth rock. The next turn, Ludwig goes down and Lorkhan comes in. Raichu opts for a volt switch though, bringing in Ambipom. I do serious damage to Ambipom, but i still decide it's probably best to bring Zen in as Volkner heals. Zen's initial Force Palm, weakened by a berry, btings ambipom back into the yellow, and a second one kills. Volkner then opts to bring his Raichu back, and i send out Tezara this time. Double Hit gets the kill, and next is Octillery. Tezara stays in for this one, and one-rounds it with another double hit. Last is Luxray, so i switch to Kashima; Unaware cancels out Intimidate. my first earthquake triggers his berry, but it doesn't matter as the second one gets the kill. Kashima, the cutest pokemon of all, is also one of the stronger ones it seems.

I have my final badge, and Volkner has regained his love for battling. All is well. Time to head up north to get to the Pokemon League. As i step onto the beach in the north of town, i run into an old friend from the Kansai region. Jasmine, the gym leader from Olivine City, is vacationing here. She's impressed by my collection of the regional gym badges, and decides to give me HM07 Waterfall to aid in my travels. She wishes me luck against this region's notoriously strong champion, and we part ways.

I decide to throw out my rod, and i net myself yet another Magikarp, which i shall nickname Koiou. It's then time to set sail onto route 223, and maybe meet a Tentacruel on the way. This tentacruel shall be named Octo, but it probably will never see use. After crossing this strait, i climb a waterfall and find myself at the entrance of the Road of Victory. I fish up yet another Magikarp here and name it Vis, then i decide it's time to call it a day. I'll head through the caves next time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Kashima (Whiscash) lv 51
Lorkhan (Drapion) lv 58
Zen (Medicham) lv 59
Tezara (Ambipom) lv 61
Hikari (Empoleon) lv 57
Noisy (Staraptor) lv 57

decided to sack my graveler to get rocks up because i probs wasn't gonna need 2 free switches anyway

After resting up a bit, it's time to head into the caves. I run into a Golbat while exploring this vast network of subterranean tunnels, so i catch it and name it Harkon. Now, if only i had a functional sense of direction. I stumble through these caves for far longer than i care to admit, but eventually i find the other end and reach the Pokemon League. Still magnificent as ever, this building shall be the stage of my triumph; on to become the very best. Just as i am about to enter the halls of the elite four though, Max comes running up to me from behind. Seems he has also gathered all the region's badges, and now he wishes to fight me to see if he's ready to take on the league. He leads with staraptor and i lead with Lorkhan. Crunch only just misses out on the two-shot, and he gets sunny day up. However, due to a lucky miss from close combat, i take no damage as i kill him. Max's next pokemon is his Torterra, so i switch to Noisy. A single Brave Bird takes the big turtle out, and Max makes the galaxy brain move of sending his bug/fighting Heracross out against a flying type. Floatzel comes in to avenge Heracross's death, and i decide Hikari is probably my mest answer. A few drill pecks later, Floatzel is dead and Snorlax comes out. I send Zen out to fight this big blob, and Force Palm crits and one-shots. Last is Rapidash, which is a job for my darling Kashima. One earthquake later, victory is mine.

Max comes to the conclusion that if he cannot defeat me, he needs to train a lot more to get ready for the league. I know the kid's insufferably hyperactive at times, but i'm kinda starting to like him. I need to do a little more training before i challenge the league itself though.

After some training, the time has come. It's time to challenge the league. My first opponent is Aaron the bug type user. He leads with Dustox and i lead with Kashima. Earthquake doesn't quite do as much as i'd hoped, so he manages to toxic me and get a light screen up. I still get the three-shot though, so Aaron goes for his Heracross. I send out Noisy for a repeat of what happened to Max's Heracross. To my surprise, the Heracross outspeeds, but he does less than half to me as i kill him. It's then time to face Beautifly, and i decide to switch Hikari in. Drill Peck gets the one-shot, though he does lower my special defense with shadow ball. Second last will be Vespiquen, and i decide this is a job for Lorkhan. I don't do as much as i'd thought though, and after a defense order the big bee is almost impenetrable. I do eventually take it out, but Lorkhan is now in the red. Last but not least is his Drapion. I send Kashima back out, as despite the poison he's probs my best bet. A crit night slash only just doesn't kill me, and i do half with earthquake. Time to switch. Tezara comes in and ends it with a double hit. We won, but the fact that the first Elite Four member was this tough does not bode well.

Next is the ground user, Bertha. She leads with her Quagsire and i lead with Tezara. A grass knot one-shots, and next is Sudowoodo. Zen comes in to finish the fake tree with a force palm or two, after which it becomes apparent that Bertha has an excellent taste in pokemon: her next mon is a cute little Whiscash. Unfortunately though, i cannot afford to spare the life of this beautiful creature, so i send Tezara back out. My first grass knot gets weakened by a berry, but the second one sends Kashima's kin to an early grave. Bertha's mon after that is Golem, so i make up for the distinct lack of Whiscash on the field by sending my own out. To my surprise though, Golem outspeeds and Earthquake does half. Since i could only bring it down to sturdy, it's time to switch Noisy in. I forgot that Bertha has healing items though, so i cannot finish the golem off yet and i have to switch out again, to Zen this time. I decide that this is the time to heal Zen up, then i Force Palm for the two-shot. Last is her Hippowdon, which is another task for Tezara. Grass Knot deals massive damage, but so does Earthquake in return. I only just survive the sandstorm, but i get a second grass knot in for the kill. Had to use healing items, but that's just how it goes sometimes.

Third is the guy i met in Sunyshore, the fire type user Flint. He leads with Rapidash and i lead with Hikari. He hits a flame charge even though he already outspeeds me, and i OHKO with surf. Lopunny is next (and is tltally a fire type) so i switch to Zen, whose Force Palm brings the big bunny into the red. Flint heals up here, but my next force palm crits and kills the lopunny. It's then time for Steelix, which is also a fire type apparently. This is the job for Kashima, but my muddy waters keep missing, so i have to switch out without doing any damage (i know, i should have taught it surf). I opt to go back to Zen, but after taking massive damage from crunch on the switch-in, i decide this probs won't work either. Tezara comes in but is immediately brought to the red. This is going wrong. I get Noisy in for the intimidate, then, predicting a thunder fang, i send Kashima out. I predicted wrong, but the iron tail i ended up taking left me with 2 HP. Time to heal up and try some more muddy waters; they just keep missing. Eventually though, one does hit; it leaves him in the red, but before i can finish it, Flint full restores. No matter though; i just found out Earthquake 2-shots. Just as i'm about to deal the killing blow though, Flint switches to his Drifblim. I decide to switch to Lorkhan, but he goes for a will-o-wisp. He then minimizes as Crunch does less than half, so i decide that this is probs the time to send Noisy back out for the intimidate. He burns Noisy too, as expected, and i decide to heal my team up as there's not a lot Drifblim can do to me. Flint baton passes to Steelix though, so i send a newly healed Kashima out and land an earthquake that to my surprise misses out on the kill. I just keep healing off his damage though, and eventually he goes down. Drifblim comes back and i send out Noisy, so that the intimidate will get passed to Flint's last pokemon. I immediately switch to Lorkhan, who is still burned and thus immune to the incoming will-o-wisp. Flint minimizes and passes it to infernape, so i send Noisy back in for the double intimidate. I have to dodge a crit here; Infernape gets the crit, but Noisy hangs on because it loves me so much. Aerial Ace brings him down to his sash, so i heal up again and kill him with a second aerial ace. Only drifblim is left, but he cannot actually hurt me. He can however annoy me with minimize and strength sap. I end up having to stall him out of PP, so after what feels like a million years, he goes down.

Last of the elite four is the psychic user, Lucian. He leads with Mr. Mime and i lead with Hikari. Metal Claw gets the three-shot, though he does get a light screen up. Lucian opts to go for Medicham next, but rather than countering with my own Medicham, I opt to go for Noisy. Noisy outspeeds and lands a brave bird for the kill. It's then time to face Girafarig, against which i send Zen out. Force Palm crits for the two-shot, though Lucian does get a Trick Room up. Up next is Alakazam and i go for Tezara. I out-slow the alakazam and one-round it with Double Hit; guess the trick room's a good thing. Last is Bronzong and i send out Lorkhan. We both deal about half to the other, but since he out-slows, i have to switch. Noisy comes in on an earthquake, and the trick room fades. He sets up a new trick room, which comfortably allows me to go last and fire off a Close Combat without fear that he'll survive and kill me with weakened defense. This does not kill, and Lucian uses a full restore as i switch Tezara out to get rid of the debuffs. Noisy comes back in for a second intimidate, then i switch to Kashima on a trick room. I don't really see a way to take this thing out without healing items though; Lucian's using them, so i see no reason not to do the same. I chip away at the big bell, and it goes down eventually.

With the elite four defeated, only Cynthia is left. This is it. The climax i've worked toward all this time. I walk into the champuon's room anc challenge Cynthia. She leads with her Spiritomb and i lead with Lorkhan. His dark pulses and shadow balls do far more than i anticipated, meaning the battle is already off to a rough start. After triggering his held berry, i opt to switch out to Noisy on a shadow ball, and i hit a Brave Bird for the kill. It's then time to face Cynthia's Milotic. I go to Hikari for this, whom i have given Leftovers for this battle. Milotic's flame orb triggers marvel scale, meaning i do very little to her now. It does mean a constant stream of chip damage though. After wearing her down a fair bigi send Tezara in with the intent of getting the Grass Knot kill. It doesn't kill though, and i survive her second scald on 7 HP. So after Cynthia heals, i send Hikari back out, but the Milotic's bulk forces me to start using healing items. Just as i start doing so, Cynthia opts to switch her Milotic out in favor of Lucario, so i switch Zen in on a resisted aura sphere. Force Palm paralyzes and gets him to a sliver as he goes for nasty plot, so i now outspeed and can kill. Roserade is next, so i send Noisy back in, but to my surprise Roserade outspeeds me and one-shots with a Sludge Bomb. I send Lorkhan out and heal up, but Lorkhan is brought in crit range in one move. I've little choice though; i have to risk the crits. I start intermittently healing and crunching, and i dodge all the crits until the Roserade goes down. It's now time to face Gastrodon, which means Tezara comes back out. I heal up first to minimize risk, but i get a crit against me so i have to immediately heal up again. Then i get burned so i heal again. After that though, i launch a grass knot that brings him to the yellow, and another one that kills. Milotic comes back out, and i opt to get a Double Hit in before switching to Hikari. His Scald misses though and then cynthia helas, so i get three double hits in. After that though, i'm almost dead, so it's time for Hikari to shine. After many turns of stalling, the Milotic goes down, and it's time for Cynthia's ace; her infamous Garchomp. Against Cynthia's best, i send out my cutest. Kashima comes in and launches an ice beam while garchomp swords dances, but it's weakened by a berry. Kashima does not survive the following earthquake, and i'm not sure anyone will. Tezara is the first to fall, then Lorkhan goes down as i heal Zen. That does not allow Zen to survive a Dragon Claw, so nothing now stops Garchomp from tearing through Hikari. Hikari survives an earthquake because of how much it loves me and brings Garchomp to the red, but Cynthia then heals and rough skin kills me as i try to aqua jet. Everyone is dead. I've lost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will rebuild later. for now, i'm done.

Edit: i originally wrote that Garchomp used Dragon Dance, but it was actually Swords Dance. Fixed it now.

Last edited:
Damn. Painful to see them all go down to Cynthia like that, but that Garchomp is no joke. Definitely makes me worried for when I have to Nuzlocke this game.

Was also surprised that Flint gave you so much trouble, though, it makes sense since he's not a strictly fire-type trainer, that he would give some more unexpected problems.

Damn. Painful to see them all go down to Cynthia like that, but that Garchomp is no joke. Definitely makes me worried for when I have to Nuzlocke this game.

Was also surprised that Flint gave you so much trouble, though, it makes sense since he's not a strictly fire-type trainer, that he would give some more unexpected problems.
aye. I knew BDSP's pokemon league was notoriously difficult, but i still underestimated the Garchomp. Flint was mainly a pain because of bad luck and that minimizing/baton passing drifblim.

btw is your series still ongoing? i haven't seen posts in some time

My new team will consist of Dracula the Zubat, Ming the Shieldon, Morwha the Happiny, Shingon the Medicham, Pinku the Gastrodon and Nyaru the Sneasel. As i'm training these guys up, Morwha evolves into Chansey and Dracula evolves into Golbat.

After training for some time, i decide to call it a day for now.
My current team:

Morwha (Chansey) lv 27
Ming (Shieldon) lv 23
Dracula (Golbat) lv 30
Pinku (Gastrodon) lv 34
Shingon (Medicham) lv 38
Nyaru (Sneasel) lv 35

I guess the exp share does have an upside: it's a lot easier to rebuild after a loss.

Last edited:
aye. I knew BDSP's pokemon league was notoriously difficult, but i still underestimated the Garchomp. Flint was mainly a pain because of bad luck and that minimizing/baton passing drifblim.

btw is your series still ongoing? i haven't seen posts in some time
It's still going! It'll be going for a very, very long time. I just haven't had the time to make any posts in the thread recently.

As i proceed with my training, Nyaru evolves into Weavile, Ming evolves into Bastiodon and Morwha evolves into Blissey. Not long thereafter, i decide to call it a day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Ming (Bastiodon) lv 33
Morwha (Blissey) lv 35
Dracula (Golbat) lv 34
Pink (Gastrodon) lv 38
Shingon (Medicham) lv 41
Nyaru (Weavile) lv 38

During my training today, Dracula evolved into Crobat, meaning everyone is now at their final stage. I continue training for some time, then i decide to call it a day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Nyaru (Weavile) lv 53
Dracula (Crobat) lv 53
Morwha (Blissey) lv 53
Pinku (Gastrodon) lv 54
Shingon (Medicham) lv 53
Ming (Bastiodon) lv 54

After i finish up all training and preparations, it's time for some revenge. I head into the pokemon league building and challenge the first member of the elite four, the bug user Aaron. He leads with Dustox and i lead with Shingon. A mind plate-boosted Zen Headbutt OHKOs, and next is Beautifly. This is Ming's job; a Quiver Dance doesn't stop Stone Edge from killing. Heracross time; i realise that i unfortinately forgot to teach Dracula Pluck before the battle, so all i have is a 95% accurate Air Slash. It hits though, and Heracross is down. Up fourth is Vespiquen, so Ming comes back out. Stone Edge misses, but because of my leftovers, Vespiquen cannot even break sturdy. The second stone edge does hit and takes out the big bee. Last but certainly not least is Drapion; i switch to Pinku, who tanks a crit Night Slash and OHKOs with Earth Power. This is going a lot better than last time; i may even win this thing.

I'm now facing the ground user Bertha. She leads with Quagsire and i lead with Dracula. One giga drain takes out the water-ground pokemon, and next is the fake tree, Sudowoodo. I send Shingon out for this one; Low Sweep doesn't quite one-shot, but it does two-shot. Shingon is now in the yellow though; it won't contribute much more. Bertha then showcases her terrific taste in pokemon by sending out her cutie Whiscash. Those cute little whiskers remind me of my darling Kashima, but infortunately i have to take this cutie out. I send out Ming, but to my surprise, i outspeed and thus cannot use Metal Burst on him. He bulldozes me though, so i do out-slow the next turn and get a metal burst off, but i see that Hydro Pump actually deals more damage than Bulldoze; i was at risk of a crit here. Metal Burst does not even kill, so i send Pinku out as Bertha heals. A mystic water-boosted crit surf brings him to the red as he bulldozes, and the next turn he outspeeds and uses hydro pump, which raises my special attack due to water absorb. Our next opponent is Golem; i stay in and bring him down to Sturdy with a surf. Earthquake does more than i thought though, and since he outspeeds, i have to heal here. I'm not gonna get through this league without healing items; might as well start here. After one heal though, i see that this will just be an endless cycle of healing and being knocked down again, so i bring Dracula in on an earthquake and use Giga Drain to rid myself of this Golem. Last is her Hippowdon, and i decide to just bring Pinku back. The safest thing to do here is just stall out his earthquake PP with healing items. This eventually works and a mystic water-boosted surf gets the kill.

The damage i took from those earthquakes makes me fearful of what the next opponent, the fire user Flint, can do to me, but there's no time to dawdle. He leads with Rapidash and i lead with Ming. He puts me to sleep, but my chesto berry wakes me up, allowing me to... miss with stone edge. Off to a rough start. I opt to swap to Pinku, who dodges a Hypnosis and than takes an Iron Tail that does little. Surf OHKOs in return, so all is well. Lopunny is up next; i send in Ming, who takes half health from a Hi Jump Kick and brings it to the red with Metal Burst. Hoped that'd do more. I switch Shingon in on a Hi Jump Kick miss, which kills the bunny. It's Steelix time now, so i switch to Pinku, who outspeeds and OHKOs. It's then time for that annoying Drifblim; this is Dracula's job. Trying to damage this thing is pointless, so i heal Pinku to full health on turn one. He tries to burn me, but Dracula loves me so much the burn is immediately healed. Since i have another turn to waste, i heal up Ming, so that everyone is at full health. Now begins a long long struggle. Every time he minimizes, i immediately haze the boost away. Eventually, he baton passes precisely zero stat boosts to Infernape, and i switch Pinku in on a thunderpunch. His following close combat does half as i surf him down to his sash. We both heal here, but with the sash gone, nothing stops me from OHKOing. Now it's time for a long long struggle against Drifblim. I decide to leave this to Morwha, as she doesn't care about Strength Sap or burn. Drifblim also doesn't care about any of my moves though. Contrary to what i expected, my moves deal less damage than he can heal back with strength sap, so this is gonna come down to Struggle. Several billion years later, he's out of PP and struggles himself to death. This went better than i expected, though it took about as long as i expected.

The final member of the elite four is the Psychic user Lucian. He leads with Mr. Mime and i lead with Morwha. He sets up a Light Screen, but after i show him a Grass Knot, he switches to Girafarig. I predicted this though; no free boost for you. I stall him out, occasionally restoring my PP for Dazzling Gleam, and Lucian wastes all his healing items. He constantly puts a light screen on his side of the field, which is annoying but not terrible. Just before i take him out, i put up a light clay-boosted light screen of my own. Next is Medicham, whom i had hoped to fight while not under Trick Room, but i'll try to make this work. I accidentally do not switch due to a missclick, so i hard-switch Ming in on a... hi jump kick miss. I had not noticed the Trick Room fading, so i iron head the next turn rather than going for a metal burst as he brings me to sturdy (i know, i should pay more attention). We both heal up, but for some reason i do not move last next turn. Hi Jump Kick misses though, so it wouldn't have mattered. I opt to stop bothering with Metal Burst for this battle, and instead constantly heal up and hope for a Hi Jump Kick miss. Not the most honourable strat, but it works and he goes down. It's Alakazam time now, which means Nyaru makes his league debut. His shock wave does very little, and my night slash OHKOs. Mr. Mime's back, and i send Ming out. His Reflect severely weakens my moves, but i manage to get him to low health and then waste a few turns so that the reflect fades the turn Mr. Mime dies. Last is Bronzong, meaning it's Shingon's time to shine. A crit Fire Punch brings him to the red as he sets up Trick Room, and the next Fire Punch kills.

We've made it to the champion with our team intact. This is what it all comes down to. Cynthia leads with her Spiritomb and i lead with Nyaru. Night Slash misses out on the 3-shot, but he can only hit me with not very effective moves in return. However, Cynthia then does something i did not expect and withdraws her Spiritomb in favor of Lucario. I switch Shingon into a resisted Aura Sphere that still does half. I decide to stay in, but that was a bad move as his next move kills Shingon. Ming comes in next; Aura Sphere brings me down to Sturdy and i retaliate with a Metal Burst for the OHKO. Cynthia goes for her Gastrodon next, and i send out Dracula. contrary to expectations, Giga Drain does not one-shot, but it does two-shot, and i can just heal off the damage he did to me. Cynthia then sends her Spiritomb back out, and i decide to give this job to Morwha this time. This was a mistake; Sucker Punch does half, and i didn't deal nearly as much damage as i expected. So i just send Nyaru back out on a failed Sucker Punch, and proceed to weaken the thing. Eventually, with the help of a crit, the bundle of spirits goes down. Roserade is my next opponent, so i switch for Dracula again. A sky plate-boosted Aerial Ace does not kill, but neither does his Shadow Ball. Cynthia opts to heal here, but i just bring her back to the red immediately and take her out the next turn. Now it's time for Cynthia's bulkiest: her Milotic. I fight bulk with bulk and switch for Morwha. Since i know we can barely hurt each other, i take the time to heal up the rest of my guys. A stall battle ensues, but eventually the Milotic goes down. Now it's time for the beast that slaughtered my previous team: Cynthia's Garchomp. I send out Ming for this job; Earthquake brings me down to Sturdy, and i retaliate with a Metal Burst for the OHKO. Damn, that feels good.

As Cynthia and the professor guide me to the hall of fame, i reflect on the last time i stood in these sacred halls. So much has happened since then. So many adventures, so many friendships. but then i remember the celebrations immediately after, and how i was sucked through that ultra wormhole. Could that event explain why nobody remembers me here? Could it explain Mt. Silver? It's all so obvious now. I was sucked in an alternate dimension; that girl on Kansai's mighty mountain was the me of this world. Nobody in Hokkaido remembers me because i have never journeyed here in this timeline. Though it is strange that Looker remembered me back in Hawaii, but i'll try to figure that out some other time.

After my victory celebrations, i return to my mom in Twinleaf Town; no wormholes sucking me in this time. I'll call it a day for now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Nyaru (Weavile) lv 68
Pinku (Gastrodon) lv 68
Ming (Bastiodon) lv 72
Morwha (Blissey) lv 70
Dracula (Crobat) lv 68

Reminder to self: Shingon needs to be boxed before i may proceed.

I give Shingon her funerary rites, and think long and hard on who to replace her with. I end up going for Missy the Misdreavus, so with my new teammate on board, i head downstairs to greet my mom. She informs me that Max has been here; guy's apparently taking a boat from Snowpoint City to go train somewhere. maybe i'll go check that out some time, but for now, i opt to go and explore the region some more. I look on my map and spot this area north of Floaroma Town where i haven't been yet, the Fuego Ironworks. In the grass outside this steel factory, i catch myself a Luxio, which i nickname Puss. Inside, i beat up all the trainers, but they are of course no match for the champion.

Up next, i decide i should go and establish my dominance over the region's legendary pokemon. I've already faced off against Azelf, so i go and beat up the other two. Mesprit just runs off when i challenge it though. Meh, not gonna chase it. Nyaru beats Uxie up. I head over to Celestic Town to tell the elder of my exploits against the legendary pokemon, and she reminds me of the one legend i have not seen during my time here: Dialga. Of course, i tell her that i pacified the thing in the past, but she just laughs it off as a tall tale. Whatever; it happened whether she believes me or not. So with nothing else to do, i decide to finally hatch the egg Riley gave me on Iron Island; it hatches into a little baby Riolu, which i nickname Aura.

That fills up the final page of my Hokkaido pokedex, so i guess it's time to show my progress to the professor. Just as i do so, and old friend shows up; it's Professor Oak from Pallet Town. Should this senile old man really be here by himself? Anyway, he introduces himself to me (guess he again forgot who i am) and congratulates me on completing this region's dex. As a reward for all this effort, he upgrades my dex to the National Dex, capable of storing data on all known pokemon. Professor Rowan also has a gift for me; a Poke Radar, which i can use to find rare pokemon in the grass. I thank the professors for their kind gifts, and both I and professor Oak head on our way. I'm not sure if Professor Oak can safely find the way home by himself, but he's stubborn and refuses my help, so there's nothing I can do.

There's still two areas on mainland Hokkaido i have not yet explored, so i decide i should go to these places. First off, there's a fourth lake to the northeast of Lake Valor. I find a Golduck in the grasses here, so i bombard it with ultra balls, and when it finally stays in one, i nickname it Daffy. There's also an interesting cave here that seems like some kind of shrine on the inside. I catch Robert the Golbat here, and explore further. These mysterious ruins are quite a beautiful spot to visit on a trip to the region, though you will need some way to fight off the dense fog. At the deepest part of the cave, i find a big satan-like thing, but it's ugly so i ignore it and head out.

Now there's only one place left for me to explore: the route east of Victory Road. I head into the road of victory and into a passageway that was blocked off the last time i visited. Here, i run into a girl named Mai; she's scared to traverse these caves by herself but has an errand to run on the other side, so we decide to team up. We fight through tons of trainers here, and as we're going through, i opt to give Missy a dusk stone and evolve her into Mismagius. Eventually though, we find the exit and Mai and i part ways. I find myself on Route 224, a piece of rugged nature largely untouched by civilization. I decide to test out my Poke Radar here, and run into a Chatot. This chatot shall be named Hanashitori and it shall go in my box. At the end of the route, there's a giant rock that looks like it has some special purpose to it, but i can't figure it out so i just leave it be. I'll just hang around here for a bit, gaze off into the vast seas beyond and call it a day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Pinku (Gastrodon) lv 72
Nyaru (Weavile) lv 72
Ming (Bastiodon) lv 77
Morwha (Blissey) lv 73
Dracula (Crobat) lv 72
Missy (Mismagius) lv 51

Completely forgot about the Fuego Ironworks until now. not the first time i forget about that place in a Sinnoh playthrough, and it won't be the last.

Back
Top Bottom