• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TINA's Nuzlocke Series

Time to head into the garden now. This scenic, well-kept garden houses some Japanese-looking architecture, which doesn't really make much sense here in Hawaii. Hau says the professor will be waiting further in at the teahouse, but i'm gonna explore the garden a bit before i go meet him, catching Tajiri the Poliwag while doing so. While i'm exploring the garden and battling the trainers there, Clara evolves into her final form, the mighty Toucannon. After a bit, Me and Hop head up to the teahouse and meet the professor there. We tell him about everything that happened at the Aether Foundation, with the ultra wormhole and everything. The professor says he'd like to know what the other side of those holes would look like, then he tells us how to continue our island challenge. Our next target is the Hokulani Observatory, which we can reach by bus from route 10.

As i head out of the garden, i run into Lillie. she tells me that Hoshigumo wants to visit the shrine here too, but that she's worried she can't reach it by herself as it's located in a harsh desert, so she's heading for the Malie Library to read some books. After she leaves, i run into a guy who looks a lot like Professor Oak, the senile guy from Kanto. He introduces himself as Professor Oak's brother, Samson Oak, who studies regional variants of pokemon. Guy's gonna hang out in the garden. whatever. I head up to the library and meet up with Lillie, as she gets startled by a Mudsdale. It's Hapu's mudsdale, and she comes in immediately to calm the beast. anyway, Lillie and I head into the library to find a book professor Burnett has asked Lillie to find about Hawiian legends. As we're searching on the upper floor, we're approached by a shabby-looking girl who helps Lillie find the book she's looking for. something about a moon pokemon called Lunala that will help the guardian deities protect Hawaii in times of need. The girl who helped us then introduces herself as Acerola, and mentions that she stems from an ancient line of nobles.

Anyway, now that i've done my good deed and helped Lillie, i should head on my way. On the outskirts of Malie City, I catch myself a Trubbish and name it Jafeth. Unfortunately, on my way to route 10, i take a wrong turn and end up on route 11, where i catch Po the Pancham. After i hit a gate i need the Electrium Z to cross, i realised i was in the wrong place, headed back to Malie and onto Route 10. On this route, I was brutally assaulted by a Skarmory swooping down from a tree, but i managed to catch it and name it Hikouki. Skarmory's a very good pokemon, but it makes little sense to let it onto my team just before the electric trial. Anyway, at the end of the route, i run into two of those team skull idiots trying to steal the bus stop. After i dispose of them, Kukui shows up and mentions i'd be strong enough to challenge the pokemon league, which confuses me since to my knowledge Hawaii, unlike most other regions, does not have one. Anyway, we call the bus and head up the mountain. There, the professor explains what he meant with the pokemon league; he intends to establish one on the holy Mt. Lanakila, visible from this peak. the Island Kahunas will serve as an elite four to determine the region's champion.

I wish Kukui luck in his endeavors to create such a league, and head on my way. Before i head into the observatory for my trial, i decide to explore the path leading down the mountain for some nice scenery and fresh mountain air, and i catch Mali the Fearow along the way At the bottom, i decide to head for a quick excursion back to Akala Island to get my fossils revived into Berlin the Shieldon and Kip the Archen. When i arrive back at Mt. Hokulani, i realise that my team is very poorly equipped to deal with an electric trial, so some changes will have to be made. Albert is going to be leaving the team for now, and John the hairy Diglett will take his place. i'm going to train him up next time though. this probably won't be enough to get me the victory, but we'll see. for now, i'm calling it a day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Buiei (Leafeon) lv 29
Minnie (Alolan Raticate) lv 29
Ingrid (Brionne) lv 29
Clara (Toucannon) lv 29
Arvak (Mudbray) lv 29
John (Alolan Diglett) lv 12

During the training session, Epona evolved into Mudsdale, which is awesome as it means i have a strong weapon against the upcoming trial. My newest team member, John, also evolved, into a Dugtrio with voluminous, flowing blonde hair. After my training's done, i head for the observatory to take the trial. This is an electric trial where all enemies are also bug-type, so Ingrid and Buiei are sitting this one out. Instead, we'll be joined by Kip the Archen and Umitori the Wingull, as death fodder. Minnie and Clara are also weak to these types, but i can't expect to win this trial if i only take two of my good pokemon. At the entrance, me and the professor meet a guy called Molayne, who's apparently the creator of this region's Pokemon Storage System, like Bill in Kanto or Celio in the Sevii Isles. He's also a former trial captain and the one who appointed the current captain here, Sophocles.

Molayne wants to see whether i'm truly ready for the trial, so he challenges me to a battle. He leads with Skarmory and i lead with John. I immediately switch to Ingrid on a steel wing and proceed to batter away with Bubblebeam. He uses a healing item, but because of a miss on his side, i still manage to take him out eventually. He then sends out his Metang while i switch to John. I three-shot him, and Molayne's last mon is a Dugtrio. I switch to Clara here and burn him with a Beak Blast, then i take him out with another Beak Blast. After this battle, i head to the pokemon center and correct a mistake i made in my preparations; i had left Ingrid in my party and had instead deposited Arvak. good thing i had that battle with Molayne so i could realise my mistake before it had dire consequences.

I then head into the observatory for my trial. I meet up with the trial captain Sophocles, who asks me whether i like something called Festival Plaza. I have no idea what that is, so i say no. he's disappointed, but he's still willing to start the trial. Apparently he just has a device he uses to call the totem pokemon; no puzzle or anything. This shows itself to be too good to be true though, as the machine causes a power outage and causes all the doors to come locked. To unlock the doors, i have to answer some questions, which i do without fail because of my amazing pokemon knowledge. Eventually, the totem Vikavolt shows up. I lead with John, but i immediately decide to sacrifice Kip to bring Clara in as Vikavolt calls its ally Charjabug. Clara's Beak Blast burns and heavily damages the Vikavolt as Charjabug paralyzes me and Vikavolt's spark leaves me in the red. I opt to switch Arvak in now in moves it's immune to, and Arvak manages to tank everything they throw at it and kill the Vikavolt with a barrage of Stomps. with only the Charjabug left, i decide to use my normal Z-move cause why not. Then another stomp takes it out.

After the battle, the power goes back on and Molayne comes charging in to see if Sophocles is all right. Sophocles then hands me the Electricum Z, and as thanks for helping, Molayne gives me a Steelium Z after telling me that there's a peculiar situation regarding the island's kahuna. Molayne also asks me to return something to the professor, he apparently left his sumb superhero mask behind; the one he uses when partaking in the battle royal. i guess i'll head back to the garden to give it to him, but for now, i'm calling it a day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

John (Alolan Dugtrio) lv 31
Minnie (Alolan Raticate) lv 30
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 32
Clara (Toucannon) lv 31
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 30
Ingrid (Brionne) lv 31

expected that to be a lot harder; maybe training up John wasn't even necessary. didn't even have to sacrifice Clara as i planned to.

Last edited:
When i enter Malie Garden, i see the professor confronting two of those Team Skull idiots. While they're talking, this guy shows up who's just oozing with insecure, toxic masculinity. This pathetic loser introduces himself as Guzma, he's apparently the boss of team skull, which doesn't surprise me as he's even more of a pathetic idiot than those already incredibly pathetic losers. He has a back and forth with the professor about whether the professor will ever achieve his dreams, but the professor won't be dissuaded by this piece of garbage. I voice my agreement with the professor that you should pursue your dreams, to which this idiot challenges me to a battle to test the strength of my convictions.

He leads with his Golisopod and i lead with Clara. A beak blast does serious damage and activates his Emergency Exit, bringing out his other pokemon, Ariados. Another beak blast kills the ariados, so Golisopod comes back in. I keep Clara in and finish it off with a Pluck. Having shown insecurity incarnate who's boss, he and his minions fuck off and i can give the mask to the professor. As a reward for this and helping him with team skull, he gives me a special Z-crystal that only a Primarina can use. nice; will be very useful once Ingrid reaches her final stage. Lillie and Acerola then approach us. The professor leaves to go plan his league at Mt. Lanakila, and Lillie and Acerola congratulate me on beating the electric trial. Acerola mentions that to reach the next trial, i will need to travel through Route 11 to the Tapu Village, so i guess i'll head that way.

I head through Route 11 and onto route 12. I hit some impassable rough terrain when Hapu shows up and calls my attention. She offers to let me ride her Mudsdale across these rough patches. not sure why i can't just ride my own Mudsdale, but whatever. Hapu wishes me the best of luck on the rest of my journey and heads off. I go horseback riding across the rough terrain and catch myself Khan the Mudbray. Along the way, i make a detour to explore Blush Mountain and the power plant there. While at the mountain, i find this strange Geodude that seems to pulse with electricity, but it blows itself up before i can catch it. I proceed further along route 12 and find a quaint, isolated beach, the perfect place for some rest and relaxation. I spot a pelipper while lounging, catch it and name it Scuttle.

After relaxing for a bit, i head on to route 13, where Hau catches up to me. He's apparently managed to beat the electric trial too, so we talk a bit about how it went. Gladion then shows up, telling us that Team Skull is looking for a pokemon called Cosmog, and that we must do everything we can to keep it out of their hands. wasn't this guy working with those fools last time we met? no way we're telling him Lillie has it. Gladion then walks away, and Hau and i vow to become stronger through the island challenge so that we can protect Lillie and Hoshigumo from team Skull. Anyway, i fish up Gyorg the Magikarp, and me and Hau head into the Tapu Village. The trial captain will apparently be waiting for us here at the Aether House, an orphanage run by the Aether Foundation.

Tapu Village seems to be mostly destroyed save for the pokemon center and the aether house; apparently the Tapu got pissed that people were building a town here and destroyed everything. This is the start of the road to Mt. Lanakila, where the professor is building his pokemon league. I head into the grass here and catch another Pelipper, whom i name Mizuhane. Before i head into the Aether House, i decide to explore the area a bit. Down south, i head onto route 14, a destroyed road by the sea. I catch Flounder the Finneon here, then i head back up north. I again don't head for the aether house though, choosing to explore route 15 instead. Here, i catch a Gumshoos and name it Donald. The waters here are blocked by big rocks though; i can't go on, so i just turn back.

I'll do the trial next time. for now, i'm calling it a day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Buiei (Leafeon) lv 33
Minnie (Alolan Raticate) lv 32
Clara (Toucannon) lv 33
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 33
John (Alolan Dugtrio) lv 33
Ingrid (Brionne) lv 33

With nothing heft to explore, i decide to finally pay a visit to the aether house. Hau arrives at the same time, and some kids come running into the room, telling us to get out. They challenge me to a battle to protect Acerola, not knowing she's our friend. After i win, Acerola comes in and explains the situation to the kids. She explains that Lillie is currently with Hapu and will arrive shortly. She then mentions that she is actually the trial captain for the next trial, and tells me to head outside. There, Lillie is confronted by one of those team skull idiots, who is curious about her bag. I step in to help and dispose of him, and he fucks off. Hope he didn't pick up on Hoshigumo's existence. Lillie then explains why she's here without Hapu; Hoshigumo got out of the bag again and wandered off, so she chased it.

Acerola then comes outside and tells Lillie she can stay in the Aether House for now. She then tells me to head south onto route 14, the destroyed road. The trial will take place at a destroyed supermarket at the end of the road. This is a ghost trial, so none of my pokemon will have to sit this one out. The point of this trial is to identify spooky goings-on in the supermarket and shoot pictures of them. After finding and killing a few ghost pokemon this way, i make my way into the back room, where my camera just opened itself and i find that the totem Mimikyu snuck up behind me. I send out John against it and fire off a bulldoze, which breaks its disguise as it calls for its ally Haunter. It then uses shadow claw to one-shot John. My next mon will be Clara, whose beak blast burns Haunter and heavily damages Mimikyu as it goes for a failed Mimic. Another beak blast brings him to a sliver, but non the third turn, i fail to finish him off because Haunter goes for hypnosis, and Mimikyu's play rough brings me to a sliver. I switch to Arvak, who evades an hypnosis and barely survives two play roughs in order to kill the Mimikyu with bulldoze. I then send Minnie in to finish off the Haunter with a crunch.

We won, but we lost John. He was a good teammate, taking care of many of the weaker pokemon in the electric trial. Rest in peace, my friend. I step outside with a heavy heart, where Acerola congratulates me and gives me the Ghostinium Z. She doesn't seem to believe that my camera activated by itself, and is shocked that something like that might actually happen. She goes back to the Aether house, but i decide to first head back into the supermarket, where i catch Eus the Haunter. I decide to do a little soul-searching in the Haina Desert to process the loss of John, and while i'm there, i catch Schnappy the Sandile and find a Psychium Z lying around. When i've processed my loss, i head back and start training up a new team member; Po the Pancham.

As i'm switch training Po, Ingrid evolves into her final form, Primarina. Which is awesome, as it means i now get to use that special Z-crystal the professor gave me. Probs saving it for special occasions though. Po also feels inspired by the presence of Minnie to evolve into a Pangoro. When i return to the Aether House, i see Hop and Acerola confronting some team skull goons led by their second in command, the lady i fought on Akala. Her name's plumeria; i challenge her to a battle to ensure the safety of Lillie and the kids inside the Aether House. I lead with Po and she leads with Golbat. Since this is obviously a bad matchup, i immediately switch to Arvak, who two-shots with a few Heavy Bombers. Her other pokemon is Salazzle, so i switch to Ingrid and launch her special Z-move, which one-shots it. I win, but Plumeria explains that we're too late. They've stolen the children's pokemon, and taken them to their base in Po Town, in the northwest. Good thing they didn't get Hoshigumo.

It's up to me now to get these kids' pokemon back. I head onto the beach at Route 15, where i encounter a strange guy dressed in white. Guy introduces himself as Grimsley; he saw my battle against Plumeria and has decided i can ride his Sharpedo to clear these naval rock blockades. thx, i guess. I skirt across the waves and hit the beach on the other end, on route 16. I catch myself another dark-type Raticate here, which i name Timmy, then i head north into the Ula'ula meadow. I catch a Petilil here, which i name Lily. In any other circumstance, i'd be glad to spend time here, but i'm in a hurry now.

After clearing out the meadow, i decide to call it a day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Minnie (Alolan Raticate) lv 35
Ingrid (Primarina) lv 36
Po (Pangoro) lv 35
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 35
Clara (Toucannon) lv 35
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 35

Heading north from the meadow, i enter Route 17, which seems to be controlled by Team Skull. I catch myself a Raticate here that i name Basil, then i head on to find the gate to Po Town locked. The grunts here won't let me in, but fortunately i'm approached by an old cop named Nanu. Guy has the keys to Po Town's gate, so he lets me in. The grunts have fortified this dilapidated ghost town against me with several barricades, but i manage to find my way around all of them. I make my way to a big manor house that seems to be Team Skull's base of operations here, and start looking for their boss, that insecure loser Guzma. I find various notes with passwords strewn about; i'm guessing i'll need those. This turns out true; i use the passwords to advance to the upper floors of the mansion and into Guzma's room.

I immediately challenge the guy to a battle to save the stolen pokemon; he leads with Golisopod and i lead with Clara. A beak blast activates his emergency exit as he goes for swords dance; his other pokemon Ariados comes out instead. Another beak blast kills this thing, and i keep Clara in as Golisopod returns. Drill Peck then finishes it off. Guzma has lost, so despite being a toxic asshole, he allows the stolen pokemon to come with me. He then heads off to go do something else; i nab the Buginium Z he had in his room and leave the building. Outside, i run into the cop guy again, who heals my pokemon. Acerola then comes running toward us; Nanu seems to hate her, but he hands over the Yungoos anyway so she can return it to the Aether House.

I follow Acerola to the Aether House, where we discover that something terrible has happened. The stolen pokemon were just a distraction; While Acerola and me were gone, Team Skull came back and kidnapped Lillie and Hoshigumo. those bastards just lured away all the competent trainers and then kidnapped a vulnerable girl when only Hau was there to protect her. After Hau explains everything that happened, Gladion bursts in and gets super angry at us for not protecting them and letting them fall into team skull's hands; he lashes out and attacks me in rage. He leads with Golbat and i lead with Clara. A beak blast burns him and deals significant damage; I roost off what he did to me and then finish him with drill peck. Sneasel is up next, so i switch to Po and one-shot him. Last is his Type: Null, for which i keep Po in, but since i forgot to give him a Z-crystal, i can't use my Z-moves; he deals more damage than me, so i have to switch to Arvak. Arvak also doesn't have what it takes to finish him, and Ingrid comes in to end it with her special Z-move.

After Gladion calms down, he explains that Cosmog in the wrong hands has the power to cause great destruction. He then demands to join me on an expedition to go save her so we head out to Malie City's docks. As we're at the docks, Nanu shows up and asks to battle me, as he is the island kahuna here. This really doesn't seem to be the right time for island challenge stuff, but sure, i'll fight. He leads with Sableye and i lead with Clara. He fakes me out, but beak blast burns him anyway. I hit hard with another beak blast as Nanu uses a full heal, and on turn three i kill him with drill peck. Persian comes out next, for which i switch to Po. I use a Circle Throw to heavily damage him and bring out his Krokorok, then i send out Buiei to fire off a grass Z-move and one-shot it. Finally, Persian comes back out, so i switch back to Po to kill it. Victory is mine. Nany gives me the Darkinium Z as a reward, and we can head on to save Lillie.

After the battle, Hau arrives and Gladion tells us he suspects Lillie was taken to the Aether Paradise. This seems insane, but when we arrive there, we do see a Team Skull boat. I don't think my team's strong enough to infiltrate this organization though, so i decide to head back for now and do some training first. When i'm done with my training, i decide to call it a day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Clara (Toucannon) lv 39
Ingrid (Primarina) lv 39
Po (Pangoro) lv 39
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 39
Minnie (Alolan Raticate) lv 39
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 39

I head back to the Aether Paradise and we start our assault. We fight our way to the elevator, but we find it's been disabled; only employees here can operate it. However, just as we're about to give up hope, the elevator suddenly starts rising with us in it; we're brought one floor up, where Faba confronts us. He seems to be in on whatever Lusamine's doing here, and challenges me to a battle. He leads with Hypno and i lead with Arvak. He puts me to sleep and gives me nightmares, but as soon as i wake up, i blast him with a steel Z-move. This doesn't kill him though, so i switch to Minnie and finish him with Crunch. Hypno was his only pokemon, so victory is mine. We get Faba to tell us that Cosmog is being held in the basement, so we head there.

We search the basement and the secret labs, but there's no sign of Hoshigumo. Looks like this was just a distraction. We do learn more about ultra wormholes here though; apparently Cosmog has the power to summon them. I wonder if this is the reason i was summoned to this world; Hoshigumo sensed danger and sucked a powerful trainer and champion of multiple regions to Hawaii. Either way, it's now clear that the Aether Foundation is looking to use Hoshigumo's abilities to open all kinds of wormholes. Anyway, we head back to the elevator, which Faba had left unlocked. We head back to the floor where we met Faba and are immediately confronted by several employees. After we dispose of them, Wickie suddenly comes up to us. I prepare to draw my poke ball, but she appears to be friendly. Gladion seems to know her, and asks if Lillie is OK. She tells us to head straight ahead, where Faba is awaiting us with some employees. Gladion and I dispose of some employees first, then Hau and I engage in a double battle against Faba and an employee. I lead with Clara, Hau leads with a floating Raichu and the enemies lead with Slowbro and Ledian. We team up on the ledian, but not before it sets up a light screen. The grunt is out of pokemon, so it's now a two-on-one. Raichu falls asleep due to yawn, but Faba seems more concernad with raising his special defense than hurting me. we take out the slowbro, and his Bruxish comes in. It takes out Raichu with a crunch, but then i take it out with Beak Blast the same turn. Hau then calls out his leafeon while Faba sends out his last mon, Hypno. Beak blast brings Hypno to a sliver, but then he puts me to sleep as Leafeon's Giga Drain kills.

We force Faba to hand over the keys to the garden, where we find a bunch of Team Skull grunts. Insecurity incarnate Guzma also seems to have made his way over here after i beat him in Po Town Gladion immediately charges up to his former boss while Hau and me take care of the grunts, but Gladion is not strong enough to defeat this pathetic idiot. So i step in and challenge Guzma; He leads with Golisopod and i lead with Clara. Beak Blast burns him and triggers emergency exit, bringing out Masquerain. However, i also got badly damaged, so i have to switch to Arvak. Arvak is brought to a sliver by two moves, so i have to switch again and let Ingrid deal with it. Aqua jet unfortunately doesn't quite deal the killing blow, so Ingrid also gets heavily damaged. Golisopod comes back, for which i switch to Po. Body slam only just doesn't kill, but i follow it up with a bullet punch. Pinsir is next, for which i decide to switch back to Clara and use some healing items. Beak Blast one-shots, and last is Ariados. I decide to send out Minnie and launch a dark Z-move; it doesn't deal enough while his fell stinger is strong enough to OHKO Minnie and raise his attack by two stages. This is bad. I send Clara back out and heal her, but i find there's no point as fell stinger does over half. I have no choice but to sack Clara and give him another attack boost. I send out Ingrid to try and get an aqua jet in, but she's killed by shadow sneak. Po's bullet punch doesn't kill, and he also falls. I send out Buiei, whose quick attack finally kills the thing.

We won, but over half my team is dead. There's no time to mourn though; we have to move ahead and save Lillie. I head into Lillie's office and see her with Lusamine; from their interactions i gather that Lillie is Lusamine's daughter. Lillie begs Lusamine not to use Cosmog for her nefarious ends, but Lusamine doesn't listen. She steps through a teleporter pad and leaves the room. I pursue; we find ourselves in a strange room with pokemon frozen in display cases. Seems that this is the true purpose of the aether foundation, to preserve pokemon against their will. Hau and Gladion also arrive on the scene; it appears Gladion is also Lusamine's kid; Lillie and Gladion saved Cosmog and Type: Null, respectively, from the clutches of this evil woman and she hates them for it. She will not be dissuaded from putting Cosmog in extreme duress to open an ultra wormhole. Lusamine manages to open several ultra wormholes throughout Hawaii and even calls a strange alien being into this room, the same kind of thing i fought last time i was here. Guzma also comes charging into the room to aid Lusamine; i still wonder what kind of relationship they have. Gladion takes on the alien and Hau keeps Guzma occupied, so i now have to deal with Lusamine on my own.

Lusamine leads with Clefable and i lead with Clara's corpse. Since the dead can't fight, i immediately switch to Arvak. I hit with a heavy slam, but Lusamine then switches to Milotic as i heal off some damage. I switch to Buiei as she safeguards, then i two-shot as she deals heavy damage with hydro pump. Lusamine then goes for Mismagius; i switch back to Arvak and hit it with my steel Z-move. Next up is Lilligant; Buiei comes back out and i spam healing items until his PP for Petal Dance is done. At a certain point she decides to send clefable back in though; I switch to Arvak to deal with it. Metronome turns into Agility and then an electric move, so i easily take her out. Then comes Bewear, who likes to use Take Down, so i can just spam healing items. He also uses baby-doll eyes sometimes, allowing me openings to attack and do barely anything, and hammer arm which i don't like. Eventually he kills himself and Lilligant comes back out. I switch back to Buiei, and since he's out of PP for offensive moves, i kill him with ease. These weren't the most honourable strats, but Lusamine needs to be stopped no matter the cost. and, well, it worked.

As the batle ends, the wormhole starts disappearing, and Lusamine and Guzma make the profoundly idiotic decision to jump into it. We've lost them. good riddance imo, but Lillie seems concerned for their safety. Meanwhile, she takes Hoshigumo out of the pressure capsule they were using to cause it duress; it has taken on a new form and has pretty much stopped moving. We leave this room and talk to Wicke about what just happened. We rest in lillie's old room for the night, and the next morning, when i get up and head outside, i see that Lillie has finally shaken the look her mom forced on her and is now sporting a ponytail and a backpack. good on you girl, finally shaking off your bonds. Gladion then approaches us and tells us he found a strange flute in Lusamine's "collection room"; we suspect it's tied to the region's legendary pokemon. He also found a master ball, which he gives to me. The flute matches another flute, which can apparently be found somewhere on Poni Island. Everyone decides to head there, but i'm taking some time to mourn the loss of my pokemon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 42
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 41

There's defs things i could have done better against Guzma. Po didn't have to die.

Albert the Golbat will be rejoining the team, and will be joined by Jishingami the Barboach, Hikouki the Skarmory and Basil the dark-type Raticate. During my training, Albert evolves into Crobat and Jishingami evolves into an adorable little Whiscash. After that, i decide to call it a day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Jishingami (Whiscash) lv 30
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 43
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 43
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 36
Albert (Crobat) lv 40
Basil (Alolan Raticate) lv 39

After i'm done training, i head back to the aether paradise and travel from there to Poni Island with the others. We arrive in the seafolk village and decide to go looking for the island kahuna to ask them about the local legends. As i'm asking around, a lady decides to give me her Aerodactyl, which i name Furuitori. After a bit of searching, we encounter a guy who directs us to Hapu, who apparently lives on the island. So i fish up Werner the Wailmer and head onto the mainland with Lillie. On the mainland, i encounter a granbull, but it roars me away before i can catch it. Shame; would've been really good. Anyway, after clearing out the area, i head southeast onto the ancient poni path, where Lillie and i encounter Hapu's Mudsdale. Hapu then comes out of the nearby house and we explain the situation to her. Hapu then tells us that Poni Island currently doesn't have a kahuna, but as lillie panics about the fate of our mission, Hapu tells us to follow her to the east.

After Hapu leaves, an old lady calls out to us and introduces herself as Hapu's mother. She adds her Machamp to my ride pager, which can push large rocks. After this, i catch a Pelipper named Papa and explore the area a bit. However, things go wrong here. An opposing Drampa proved far stronger than i expected, and manages to take out both Basil and Albert. This hurts; i was just done training these two up, and now they're gone to a random trainer. I clearly did not train enough; i'm going to have to train everyone up a bit further, not just my new recruits.

My new teammates will be Furuitori the Aerodactyl and Timmy the hawaiian Raticate. After training for a while, i decide to call it a day; my training will continue next time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Timmy (Alolan Raticate) lv 36
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 45
Jishingami (Whiscash) lv 44
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 44
Furuitori (Aerodactyl) lv 42
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 44

After my training session is done, i head for the Poni Breaker Coast. I manage to catch myself a Wimpod here, which i nickname Nigeru. After this, i head into the Tapu's temple with Lillie and Hapu. The road here is blocked by large stones, which is why i need the machamp i guess. After getting through to the shrine proper, and we pray to the Tapu for it to restore Hoshigumo to good health. The tapu responds, but doesn't heal Hoshigumo; it instead appoints Hapu as the Island Kahuna here. Hapu then suggests we continue our search for the flutes so as to summon Lunala and heal Hoshigumo as well as bringing Lusamine back. The second flute is on Exeggutor Island, so we take a boat there.

The moment we arrive, Lillie gets spooked by a wild Exeggutor with an incredibly long neck, But i step in to protect her and catch the thing, naming it Kirintama. As we explore the island, it starts to rain, so we take shelter in a small alcove, where Lillie recounts a story from before her mother went insane; the two apparently danced and played in the rain and then got a cold even though you can't catch a cold from being in the rain; it's a virus, you get it from contact with infected people. Does make me understand better why she wants to save that woman though. She then asks me what i'll do after i've completed the island challenge, to which i answer that i'm probably going to go to New York - sorry, "Unova" - and travel around there. Anyway, after the rain clears, we head on and find the flute.

With flute in hand, we head back to the mainland. The two flutes can apparently be used at a special altar here on the island to summon the legendary pokemon. Before i go look for it though, i make a short stop on Melemele Island, specifically Ten Carat Hill, to explore the area behind a large boulder. I find the Flynium Z here, then i decide to head back to Poni Island to help Lillie. The path ahead to the Vast Poni Canyon is blocked by a bunch of team skull members who are pissed that we let Lusamine take Guzma away. he went of his own volition, but whatever. I dispose of the idiots, and then Plumeria shows up and tells them that they are in fact idiots and that we're trying to save Guzma and Lusamine. She gives me the Poisonium Z and heads on her way.

At this point i decide to have another training session before i head into the Vast Poni Canyon and all its dangers. After training, i head on towards the Vast Poni Canyon, but Hapu asks for a battle before i enter. Since she is the kahuna now, she wants to fight me as part of the island challenge. I haven't yet completed any trials here on the island, but whatever, i'll do battle. She leads with a hairy Dugtrio and i lead with Arvak. She sets up sandstorm while i miss an earthquake, then she switches to flygon on my 2nd earthquake. I switch too, to Hikouki, as he uses earth power. As if i hadn't had enough bad luck, dragonbreath paralyzes me and i'm immediately fully paralyzed. The sandstorm stops after a while, but i have to switch to Furuitori. Furuitori also immediately gets paralyzed, but does get the flygon to a sliver before i switch to Timmy, while Hapu uses a healing item. Timmy takes over half from earth power, so i swith to my darling Jishingami, but he also takes over half contrary to what i expected. This forces me to switch to Arvak, who gets off one heavy bomber before i have to switch again. Buiei comes in and finally takes this monster out, but not before getting heavily damaged. Dugtrio comes back, so i switch to arvak and heal up as he goes for earthquake, then i kill with my own earthquake as he goes for sandstorm. Then comes Gastrodon, which is the perfect opportunity for Buiei to recover a bit with Giga Drain. Finally, her ace Mudsdale comes out, for which Buiei stays in , but a grass Z-move only just doesn't kill as he throws a ground Z-move at me. the following leaf blade kills though, earning me the victory.

That battle was very difficult, in no small part due to crappy luck at the start, but we made it through. Hapu gives me the Groundinium Z and then warns me of the dangerous road ahead, but i think i'll call it a day for now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 47
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 47
Jishingami (Whiscash) lv 47
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 47
Furuitori (Aerodactyl) lv 47
Timmy (Alolan Raticate) lv 47

Lillie and i head into the canyon, which is a beautiful natural formation of rocks and open areas. The moment i enter, i'm immediately ambushed by a Carbink, which i catch and name Azura. As we approach a bridge at great height, Lillie conquers her fear of heights and bravely marches across. She's set upon by Murkrow, but she bests her fears and runs across anyway. I compliment her on how awesome she was, and we head on. Later on, i run intl a lady called Mina. She says that she's supposed to be a trial captain, but she can't think of a trial, so she just gives me the Fairium Z and heads on her way. Towards the end of the area, we come across an abandoned trial site, possibly the one Mina's supposed to be at. This area looks dangerous though; i'm gonna train more before i head through.

After a bit of training and thinking about what may lie ahead in the trial area, i decide i probably made a mistake in building this team, so i decide to throw Furuitori out in favor of Robert the Zubat, who pretty much instantly evolves into Golbat. I then decide to call it a day not long after.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Robert (Golbat) lv 29
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 50
Timmy (Alolan Raticate) lv 49
Jishingami (Whiscash) lv 50
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 49
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 49

I just realised i could have gotten a Happiny through a trade if i never evolved Po the Pancham into a Pangoro. That's what i get for not studying the game's in-game trade chart. not that it'd have helped in the upcoming battle anyway.

During training, Robert evolves into Crobat. After this, i decide the training is done. I'm just gonna call it a day for now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Robert (Crobat) lv 52
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 52
Timmy (Alolan Raticate) lv 51
Jishingami (Whiscash) lv 51
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 52
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 51

went a little overboard with the training; for some reason i thought the kommo-o was level 55 rather than 45. seriously though, why is it lower level than the previous boss?

After my training, i head on. Several wild pokemon attack me on the old trial site, but i beat them all. I then spot a Dragonium Z just lying around, but just as i'm about to grab it, i'm attacked by a totem Kommo-o. I send out Robert and immediately haze his omniboost away as he protects. He then calls his ally Hakamo-o and i launch a fly, though this does mean Kakamo-o gets two autotomizes off. During my second fly, Hakamo-o launches a sky uppercut to hit me in the air and do next to no damage while i kill the kommo-o. I then fly again to kill Hakamo-o too and claim my Dragonium Z.

Lillie, Hapu and i head on and we reach the altar of the moone. Hapu then informs me that the abandoned trial site i just crossed is actually still part of the island challenge, and that i've now completed it. yay, i guess. No time to celebrate though; we have to save Hoshigumo as well as Lusamine. Lillie and i head up to the altar and play our flutes, which fills the waters around the shrine with magic. The central wallpiece emits a beam, which causes Hoshigumo to spring to life and move to the center of the beam. It then evolves into its final form due to the intense magic of this shrine; Hoshigumo is now in fact the legendary pokemon Lunala.

Hoshigumo then opens an ultra wormhole and drags me and Lillie through to some alien dimension. i wonder if it can create another one to bring me home after all of this is done. Either way, we head on and run into Guzma, who tells us that Lusamine has gone crazy and that he wants to go home. Further on, we run into a swarm of these weird Nihilego things who then reveal that Lusamine is among them. She seems to think that this is some sort of paradise. In fact, she appears as if possessed by her Nihilego friends. She berates Lillie for abandoning her, but Lillie has finally had enough and stands up to her mom, asserting her independence. Lusamine blames me for Lillie's turn to independence, so she fuses with her Nihilego and attacks me. She leads with a Clefable with boosted special defense and i lead with Robert. I two-shot her with cross poison as metronome calls a weak fighting move. Next is a Mismagius with boosted speed, so i send out Timmy, who two-shots with crunch, though i do have to take half damage from pain split. Then comes a defense-boosted Bewear, for which i send out Hikouki. He keeps spamming pain split for some reason, which initially only hurt himself, but eventually he decided to throw a hammer arm my way, which did so much i now have to switch to Arvak. His take down does a lot of damage though, while my moves do very little, so i switch to Jishingami on a pain split. I wish i had pokemon on me that weren't physical attackers. Things then go horribly wrong; my dear, sweet Jishingami gets nailed by a hammer arm, which killed after the pain split. Hikouki then comes back in with a vengeance and launches a flying Z-move, which finally kills the beast. Attack-boosted Milotic comes up next, for which i send out Buiei. Leaf Blade almost OHKOs as she sets up a safeguard, but quick attack then finishes her off. Last is Lilligant, for which i switch back to Robert, who hazes away her special attack boost while she paralyzes me. She then also confuses me, but that doesn't stop Robert from OHKOing with cross poison; guess the haze was unneeded.

We won, but we can see the Nihilego is sapping Lusamine's life away. Lillie calls Hosnhgumo for help. Hoshigumo blasts away the nihilego, after which Lusamine falls to the ground. She loses consciousness in Lillie's arms in a bittersweet moment, but then this world starts trembling. The Nihilego clearly want us out; Hosnigumo takes all four of us back to the normal world, where Hapu awaits us. We put Lusamine's body on Hapu's Mudsdale so that we can get her to a hospital. Lillie then thanks Hoshigumo for everything. Hoshigumo communicates that it wants to journey around with Lillie, but since Lillie is not a trainer, Lillie instead insists that Hosnigumo comes with me. So i confront it and throw my master ball its way. Lillie's faithful companion is now mine. But it's ugly so i release it immediately. Lillie and i then say our goodbyes as she goes to care for her ailing mother.

After Lillie leaves, i spot Nanu sitting on the stairs. He tells me that he has received an invitation from Kukui to join the elite four in the newly built Pokemon League on Mt. Lanakila, but he refused. I should probs head there to challenge this new league, but first i should find a replacement for my good friend Jishingami, who tragically lost his life just now. For this, i head for the Tapu Village and trade Eus the Haunter for Shirokka the Hawaiian Graveler, which evolves into Golem upon trading. Apparently the Golem here have some electrical currents running through them or something, making them electric-type rather than ground. Time to train it up now.

After training for some time, i decide to call it a day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Shirokka (Alolan Golem) lv 45
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 52
Timmy (Alolan Raticate) lv 52
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 52
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 52
Robert (Crobat) lv 53

not sure why i didn't think of just hazing Bewear's defense boost away

After i'm done training Shirokka up, i decide to head for Mt. Lanakila. As i approach the big elevator the professor had built to make navigating the mountain easier, Gladion comes down. He thanks me for what i did for Lillie and Lusamine, then he challenges me to a battle to see how strong i've become. He leads with Crobat and i lead with Shirokka. Thunderpunch brings him to a sliver, but then i decide to set up stealth rock before killing him. He switches to Sylvally as i'm using that move though, so i switch Robert in on a crunch that lowers my defense. I'm not risking the crit, so i opt to immediately switch to Hikouki. Hikouki's defense is also lowered, but i decide to stay in and slam him with a flying Z-move. This one-shots and Gladion sends out Lucario, so i switch to Arvak. Arvak takes serious damage from an Aura Sphere, but then OHKOs back with earthquake. Then comes Weavile, and i switch back to Shirokka, who tanks a crit night slash and KOs back with Rock Blast. Lastly, Crobat comes back and dies to the stealth rock; i send Timmy out for some free experience.

After i win, Gladion tells me he thinks i'm a very strong trainer and that i've earned his trust. He also tells me that Hau is already at the peak of the mountain; i should make haste there. So i take the elevator up the mountain. It doesn't take me all the way; there's still a fair bit of the mountain to scale. This is actually the only place in Hawaii where i've felt at all cold so far; that's how high up we are. I catch a Snorunt on the way and name him Sankakkei, then i head on. I even find an Icium Z here; the only Z-crystal i did not yet have. I eventually reach a second elevator that takes me all the way to the peak, where Kukui built his league. I run into Hau here, who tells me that after our business in the Aether Paradise, he went and beat his granddad Hala in the Melemele grand trial. He's now here to challenge the pokemon league as well, but before he does so, he wishes to battle me.

Hau leads with his floating Raichu and i lead with Timmy. He apparently taught the thing focus blast, for it outspeeds and one-shots my poor rat. I have to bring Arvak in and fell the Raichu with an earthquake, but i take serious damage in the process. Komala then comes out, so i switch to Hikouki. Hikouki's flies 3-shot as he keeps going for sucker punches at the wrong time, barely hurting me. Now it's time for the pokemon i'm most afraid of: Incineroar. I switch to Robert and hit Fly so that his fire Z-move misses me. He brings me to a sliver the moment i land though, so i decide to throw my poison Z-move his way. This kills the big cat, and last is Hau's Leafeon. I send Hikouki back out, but he likes to spam Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes, so my flies end up doing very little. He can't hurt me in return though, so eventually i get the better of him.

I won, but it cost me another dear friend. Rest in peace Timmy, you almost made it to the pokemon league. Your replacement will be Tajiri the Poliwag. who will now be trained up at the peak of Mt. Lanakila. Tajiri evolves into Poliwhirl pretty much immediately, from where i use a Water Stone to evolve it into Poliwrath. After training for some time, i decide to call it a day for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Tajiri (Poliwrath) lv 38
Shirokka (Alolan Golem) lv 54
Arvak (Mudsdale) lv 53
Buiei (Leafeon) lv 53
Robert (Crobat) lv 53
Hikouki (Skarmory) lv 53

That was some sloppy play against Hau. Should have looked up his pokemon's movesets before the battle. also, why are Mt. Lanakila's wild pokemon lower level in Moon than they are in Sun?

Having finally completed my training, it's time to challenge the Elite Four and claim my place as Hawaii's first champion. As i head up to the building, i run into Kukui. He congratulates me on completing my island challenge, and invites me to head inside. There's four pathways here leading to the different elite four members; looks like Kukui copied this from the french pokemon league. I first head into the rock chamber, where Olivia awaits. She leads with Relicanth and i lead with Buiei. A single leaf blade takes her out, and Olivia sends out her Golem. I switch to Arvak for this, and earthquake triggers her Sturdy. Olivia wastes her healing items here, but eventually the Golem goes down. Then comes Carbink, for which i switch to Hikouki and two-shot with steel wing, but not before Olivia gets up a reflect. Next up is her ace, Lycanroc, for which i switch back to Buiei. Because of the reflect, my grass Z-move doesn't kill, and her rock Z-move crits and one-shots Buiei. This seriously sucks; i was going to need him against Acerola and the champion. Hikouki comes in with a vengeance and kills the Lycanroc. Last is Probopass, for which i switch back to Arvak and two-shot with Earthquake. We won, but we lost a valuable team player who's been with us all the way since Akala Island.

The only thing we can do is just head on. My next opponent will be Hala; he leads with Hariyama and i lead with Robert. I take him out with a fly and a leech life, but he does over half damage to me. His next pokemon is his ace Crabominable, for which i switch to Tajiri and launch a fighting Z-move, which OHKOs. Then comes Primeape, so i send out Hikouki, who one-shots with Fly after taking half damage. Bewear then comes out and i decide that this is Arvak's job. Arvak deals very little damage though, so i bring Robert in on a resisted Arm Hammer and then switch to Tajiri on a resisted Brutal Swing. However, Tajiri also does very little, so i end up switching to Hikouki on a missed Arm Hammer and then i use items to heal up Robert. Robert Tanks a bunch of brutal swings while i heal it up and deal damage with Fly. I really should have learned my lesson by now concerning Bewear and contact moves, yet i again didn't bring anything that can dent this thing. I eventually take it out though, and last is Poliwrath. I switch in my own Poliwrath (Tajiri); mine ends up on top because of max potions. Not the most honourable or fun way to win a battle, but it does the trick.

In the next room, i'm surprised to not find Hapu there. Weren't these elite four supposed to be the island kahunas? instead, i'm up against this flying specialist named Kahili. She leads with Skarmory and i lead with Shirokka. I two-shot with Thunderpunch, but not before she gets up two layers of spikes. Next is Mandibuzz, for which i opt to send out Arvak. I manage to get her to the red, but then i have to switch. Robert comes in as Kahiki heals, but after i deal some damage, she switches in her Toucannon. Shirokka comes in on a screech, then i send Hikouki in on a resisted Bullet Seed. I then launch my flying Z-move as Kahiki goes for a Beak Blast. I have to switch back and forth to Shirokka to get rid of a screech, then as i'm in the air from Fly, Kahili wastes her Z-move. Eventually, Hikouki ends up on top, though i do end up burned. Mandibuzz comes back and so does Robert. Robert manages to take the Mandibuzz out, but takes significant damage. I fear i'll have to rely on healing items again. Shirokka comes in against her Oricorio; i heal him up and then kill with rock blast as she confuses me. Last is Crobat, and i decide to keep Shirokka in. Thunderpunch only just doesn't one-shot, but Kahili can't do anything to me so even if i hit myself, it doesn't matter. Victory is mine.

Last is Acerola, who's filling in for Nanu. She leads with sableye and i lead with Arvak. Earthquake only just doesn't one-shot as she tries to confuse me, so now i get to waste all of her healing items on this mon. Or so i think. After she wastes one healing item, she switches in her Dhelmise, so i have to switch for Hikouki. Hikouki manages to take out the anchor-thing, and up next is Froslass. I switch in Tajiri for this and hit a Rock Tomb as she confuses me. Kahili then switches again, this time to Palossand. I switch Robert in as she uses Iron Defense, then i try to use fly to dodge the Z-move, but she uses iron defense again and slams me with is as i land, killing Robert. I'm afraid i'll have to go back to Hikouki and rely on item strats again. It becomes apparent though that i will die to a crit high roll, making stalling out shadow ball PP very risky. It's my only option though; everything else dies to this thing's moves. My special defense gets lowered a few times, meaning i have to switch back and forth with my other mons (who all bait moves other than shadow ball) a few times. I do manage to dodge the crit and stall out her pp until she starts using useless moves, so now it's just a matter of critting with night slash. Sure would have been nice if Buiei was still alive; might have killed this thing in one Z-move. Anyway, a crit doesn't kill him, so the stall continues. When Acerola's giga drain PP is done, she sends Sableye back out, who dies to one night slash. After that, Froslass also makes a return, as does Tajiri. She confuses me, but this time i actually hit myself twice, so i'm forced to heal up. When shadow ball lowers my special defense, i switch to Arvak, then back to Tajiri on a blizzard that missed. This actually happens more than once before i finally get a hit in, though not all the blizzards miss. When i finally kill the thing, she sends out her Palossand again, so i send Hikouki back out. I predict a switch and use my flying Z-move, but she doesn't switch and i've just wasted it. Last is Drifblim, for which i send out Shirokka, heal up and start thunderpunching. I end up on top, finally putting an end to this annoying battle.

Having beaten the elite four, i head into the champion's room and take a seat on my throne when Kukui comes walking in. He tells me that before i can claim to be champion, there's one more trainer i must beat: him. He leads with Lycanroc and i lead with Shirokka. He uses stone edge on me as i set up stealth rock. I then switch to Tajiri on another stone edge and hit him hard as he sets up his own rocks, but then he switches in his Decidueye on a move it's immune to. I send out Hikouki on the grass Z-move, then i hit him with Fly. Not launching a Z-move here was a mistake; he survives and i'm forced to heal up. To my surprise though, he switches out as i heal, but what he switches to is also a very big problem. or so i think. turns out this magnezone doesn't have magnet pull, so i can switch to Arvak. Arvak takes over half from Flash Cannon, but of course Earthquake OHKOs in return. Then comes Ninetales, so Hikouki comes back out and kills with a steel wing, though i only survive its blizzard on a sliver. Lycanroc then comes back, and i send Shirokka out. This did not go as planned; i get killed by a stone edge, and it's Tajiri's turn. Tajiri dodges a stone edge and gets the kill. Kukui then sends out Braviary so i switch to Arvak and heal up. After i deal some damage, he whirlwinds Arvak out and Tajiri comes in. I'm forced to make a sacrifice here; Hikouki comes out and dies to a brave bird. I heal up as he whirlwinds Tajiri out again, but this time i switch directly to Arvak and take the brave bird, then i kill him as he sets up a tailwind. Decidueye then comes back; i had honestly forgotten it was still alive. The only path to victory i see here is to sack Tajiri to heal Arvak up, in the hopes it'll survive one grass move. Kukui heals his pokemon too though. But then another path to victory opens up; after i heal Tajiri up, it survives a brave bird with a sliver and Decidueye loses a lot of health. The next turn though, he goes for leaf blade and Tajiri dies. Arvak comes out and i launch a steel Z-move in an act of desparation, but the Decidueye hangs on with a sliver. It's over. He uses leaf blade to kill Arvak. I've lost.

Everyone is dead. I'm going to train up a new team and try again, but for now, i'm taking some time to mourn.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know i could have played better. If i had sacked Tajiri instead of Hikouki, i'd still have had something against Decidueye. I could also have used my healing items better, but i really dislike those kinds of strategies and prefer to only use them as a last resort.

I should also take a moment to say that challenging the pokemon league when you're very tired is a bad idea. leads to some stupid plays.

Last edited:
My new team will consist of Furuitori the Aerodactyl, Meeuw the Wingull, Schnappy the Sandile, Berlin the Shieldon, Ursula the Tentacool and Kirintama the long-necked Exeggutor. During training, Schnappy evolves into Krokorok and Meeuw evolves into Pelipper. I'm calling it quits for now; might be back later today.

As i continue my training, Berlin evolves into Bastiodon and Ursula into Tentacruel. A lot of training later, i decide to call it a day for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Meeuw (Pelipper) lv 41
Kirintama (Alolan Exeggutor) lv 47
Schnappy (Krokorok) lv 39
Berlin (Bastiodon) lv 32
Ursula (Tentacruel) lv 32
Furuitori (Aerodactyl) lv 52

I continue training, and Schnappy evolves into Krookodile. Some time later, i decide to call it a day for now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Berlin (Bastiodon) lv 43
Kirintama (Alolan Exeggutor) lv 49
Meeuw (Pelipper) lv 48
Schnappy (Krookodile) lv 48
Ursula (Tentacruel) lv 32
Furuitori (Aerodactyl) lv 53

My training is complete; i'm 2 levels higher than last time, so it's finally time to take on the league again. Let's hope this time it doesn't end in a catastrophe. For some reason, Kukui's making me fight the elite four again even though i've already proven i'm stronger than them. I decide to start with Hala this time; he leads with Hariyama and i lead with Furuitori. He crits with fake out, but i just fly up high the next turn. the fly OHKOs, and next is Crabominable. For this, i switch to Meeuw, who sets up the rain. A flying Z-move takes out the overgrown crab, and out comes Primeape. I send out Berlin; Cross Chop brings me down to sturdy and i retaliate with a metal burst for another OHKO. Then comes Bewear. I've struggled with this thing in the past, but fortune favors the prepared. Meeuw comes back out and launches a 100% accurate Hurricane for another OHKO. Last is Poliwrath and i switch to Kirintama. He misses a submission, but energy ball does not OHKO for once. His second submission connects, but it doesn't matter. one down. i could probably have kept Meeuw in since it was undamaged, but eh, who cares.

Up next is Kahili. She leads with Skarmory and i lead with Meeuw, setting up rain. Scald brings her into the red, so Kahili wastes a full restore as i bring Skarmory's health down again. It slashes on the next turn and dies to another scald. Up next is Mandibuzz, so i send out Furuitori. Stone Edge connects and does over half as she goes for a flatter. I opt to stay in, but i hit myself as she goes for a brave bird, bringing me down to almost half. The same thing happens the next turn, so i decide to just switch. I send Berlin in on a Brave Bird that does nothing but break sturdy, then i switch to Meeuw as... she heals. She then decides to go for flatter, but i hit through with a rain-boosted scald, that only does half. Time for another switch. I opt for Schnappy to use Intimidate to lower Attack, then she goes for another Flatter as i hit a weak crunch. I hit myself as she brings me down to about half. At this point, i thik she'll always use brave bird against this, so i can safely use Berlin to pivot back into Meeuw, who sets up rain again. She confuses me again, but it doesn't matter as scald takes her out. Up next is her ace, Toucannon. I switch back to Furuitori and slam this big dumb bird with a rock Z-move, OHKOing it. Oricorio comes out and i switch to Ursula, who one-shots with a rain-boosted Scald. Last is Crobat, for which i send out Berlin. Crobat flinches me a few times while displaying its inability to hurt me at all, but i take it out with a series of iron heads. Two down.

Third is Acerola. She leads with Sableye and i lead with Kirintama. She fakes me out and confuses me, but i hit an energy ball through all that and bring her to a sliver. Acerola heals, but i immediately hit another energy ball. On the next turn, she opts for a shadow claw as i hit myself, bringing me to about half. Now is probs the time to switch. I bring in Schnappy, who resists all of her moves. Crunch then kills the thing, and up next is Froslass. I send Berlin out and OHKO with Heavy Slam as she confuses me. Then comes the demon that killed Robert the Crobat: her Palossand. I send Meeuw in, but then i find out i forgot to equip her with a waterium Z. A rain-boosted Scald does the trick though, and Robert has been avenged. Dhelmise comes in and i decide not to switch, but to my surprise, Hurricane doesn't kill. Acerola uses a healing item, but i don't care; it goes down anyway. Last is Drifblim; i switch to Schnappy and kill it with a dark Z-move cause why not. 3 down.

Last is Olivia. She leads with Relicanth and i lead with Kirintama. i kill it with a single energy ball, and next is Carbink. I send out Ursula here, and start firing off scalds. She gets a reflect up, but because of Olivia's healing items, there's only one turn of reflect left by the time Carbink goes down. Then comes Probopass. I switch Schnappy in, Use a crunch to break sturdy as she goes for Sandstorm and then kill with Earthquake. For her next pokemon, Golem, i send out Berlin. I do some minor damage, then i switch Schnappy back in on a thunderpunch and kill with Earthquake. Last but not least is her Lycanroc. Schnappy stays in, and i shout out Buiei's name while launching a ground Z-move that puts an end to this murderer's life.

With the elite four defeated, we can head for the champion's room. I sit on my throne, and Kukui comes up so we can redo our final battle. He leads with Lycanroc and i lead with Kirintama. He sets up stealth rock on turn one, which is annoying, but i manage to one-shot. Up next is his Hawaiian Ninetales, for which i send out Ursula. He sets up a safeguard as i set up toxic spikes, then he misses a blizzard as i set up the second layer. He does manage to hit the next blizzard, but it does little as my sludge wave brings him into the yellow. Kukui then decides to switch out to Magnezone on a move it's immune to, so i switch in Schnappy on a move i'm immune to. Earthquake brings him down to sturdy, giving Kukui a chance to waste his healing items. He doesn't do so though, instead switching out to Decidueye. I anticipate the Z-move and switch Berlin in, hoping to tank it due to sturdy, but i had forgotten about the stealth rocks. no matter though, Berlin tanks it anyway. I then send Meeuw in on a leaf blade, which brings me to the red, but i don't outspeed and i go down. This hurts, but it doesn't matter much for this battle. I send Furuitori in as Decidueye only has a sliver left, and i crunch him to death. Ninetales then comes back and so does Ursula. I dodge a blizzard and kill with sludge wave. Up next is Snorlax, for which my team doesn't have a good answer. I send out Kirintori and launch a few psyshocks as he hits me much harder with Body Slam, and also paralyzes me. I opt to switch in Schnappy for the intimidate, then i bring Ursula in. Kukui heals and cures the poison, meaning i now have a big problem. I decide to resort to healing items and bring Ursula back to full health as a high horsepower does less than half. I'm dead to crit, but i decide to risk it and heal up Kirintama. It pays off; i switch Kirintama in on a high horsepower and proceed to fire off psyshocks, healing every now and then. Eventually, it goes down. Then comes Braviary, for which i switch to Furuitori and launch a rock Z-move, one-shotting it. Lastly, Magnezone comes back, but since it has only one HP left, i stay in. I then discover that Kukui has one more healing item that he refused to use on his snorlax for some reason. So i switch back to Kirintama and survive a thunderbolt in the red, then i heal up. However, his flash cannon does over half, so my only option is item stalling this thing out of PP. After quite some time, it's out of PP, so i slowly whittle it down with my not very effective moves. I burn through yet another of Kukui's full restores, but after a long long time, i win.

It's done. My old team has been avenged. We may have lost Schnappy and Meeuw along the way, but we made it through and beat the league. Kukui congratulates me on my victory and pronounces me the first champion of Hawaii. The elite four comes up to my throne room to celebrate with me, and then we head back to Melemele for the big party. Hau and lillie are there alongside all the trial captains, as well as the professor and his wife. Even my "mom" shows up to celebrate. During the celebrations, me and Lillie sneak out and head to Tapu Koko's ruins. We cross the bridge and head into the shrine, where we pray to the deity and thank him for protecting Nebby. Tapu Koko then appears in person and wants me to show my strength, so i send out Kirintama. I weaken him and then catch him in an ultra ball. The protector god of Melemele Island is now mine to command. But it's ugly so i release it immediately. We then head back to the party, and lillie and i chat about how her mother's doing. Apparently she's recovering, which is good.

I spend the night at "mom"'s place, and the next morning, Hau comes to visit. He tells me something important is happening, so i follow him to the docks, where we meet Lillie. Lillie is heading for Kanto with her mom to seek medicine. We say a tearful goodbye as Lillie's ship departs. I hope we ever meet again.

I again stay the night at "mom"'s place and Hau again visits the next morning. He's finally beaten Hala it seems, and he's here to give me some presents, the Decidueye-ium Z and the Incineroarium Z. Totally useless as i don't have those mons, but thx anyway. I head outside and an old man gives me a letter, telling me to come to the hotel on Akala Island. I think i'll call it a day for now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Kirintama (Alolan Exeggutor) lv 59
Ursula (Tentacruel) lv 58
Berlin (Bastiodon) lv 59
Furuitori (Aerodactyl) lv 59

not too fond of the item strats i had to use, but a win's a win

Last edited:
I don't trust this letter, so i don't think i'll respond to it just now. Instead, i'm going to explore Poni Island a bit more. I head into the Poni Grove and catch MAGA the Gumshoos, but i don't think i'll add him to my team. Instead, i opt for Sankakkei the Snorunt and Khan the Mudbray. However, as i'm heading back to the grove from a different direction, i run into Dexio and Sina again. Dexio challenges me to a battle and leads with Espeon while i lead with Khan. Khan obviously cannot handle this, so i switch to Berlin. After i hit the espeon with a heavy slam, he switches to Metagross. I switch to Kirintama, then i proceed to hit it with weak moves while using recovery items. Eventually, he goes down and Slowking comes out. Slowking doesn't know any water moves, so i can safely switch Berlin in. I heal up and start pounding away at him. After he finally goes down, Dexio sends out Raichu and i keep Berlin in. He manages to set up both reflect and light screen, but i manage to take him out with the help of a bunch of full restores. Espeon comes back and i switch to Furuitori, who crunches it to death, but not before Espeon lands a Power Swap (i honestly don't understand what this move does). Last is his Alakazam, and i decide to keep Furuitori in, but this proves a mistake as he mega evolves, outspeeds and one-shots. I send out Berlin and use sturdy/items to stall out his focus blasts until he misses one, then i use Metal Burst to take him out. Dexio gives me an alakazite for winning, which is completely useless to me as i do not have an alakazam. Dexio and Sina then ruminate a bit on the similarities between mega evolution and Z-moves, but i don't really care; those bastards just killed Furuitori and i need to find a replacement.

I opt for Nigeru the Wimpod. During training, Khan evolves into Mudsdale, Nigeru evolves into Golisopod and Sankakkei evolves into Glalie. After this, i decide to call it a day for now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Khan (Mudsdale) lv 43
Ursula (Tentacruel) lv 60
Berlin (Bastiodon) lv 63
Kirintama (Alolan Exeggutor) lv 59
Nigeru (Golisopod) lv 44
Sankakkei (Glalie) lv 44

Dexio caught me off guard at the worst possible time. My team wasn't remotely equipped to deal with him, so i'm not really ashamed that i had to use items and cheap strats.

Last edited:
I was almost done training, but then i made a mistake and lost Sankakkei to a Raticate's sucker punch. This really sucks. He never even got a chance to shine. I thought i'd just kill it becaise i outsped, but i forgot about the priority. Rest in peace, friend. Joining us instead is MAGA the Gumshoos. But things again go very wrong as a Granbull's play rough did way more damage than i was expecting, killing MAGA. This time, i decide to let Sakana the Magikarp onto my team, who evolves into Gyarados during training. After training for some time, i decide to call it a day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Sakana (Gyarados) lv 44
Kirintama (Alolan Exeggutor) lv 60
Khan (Mudsdale) lv 61
Nigeru (Golisopod) lv 59
Ursula (Tentacruel) lv 63
Berlin (Bastiodon) lv 64

I'm probably going to include pokemon violet in this nuzlocke series at some point, but it won't be for some time. I'll decide where it goes once Home support rolls around.

Back
Top Bottom