• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

To all those who are saying Satoshi won't catch Aipom...

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
...explain the July 6 episode title, now up on Pokeani.

エイパムと王様!
Aipom and the King!

Aipom also could join the group, like Larvitar or Haunter.

Note how this is after the Grand Festival but before the Pyramid rematch...wheee.

Is it 100% sure that it will be Satoshi's and not Haruka's? Although Sato hasn't caught any pokemon lately so it would make sense for him to catch it. Seems there will be an Aipom evolution for Diamond and Pearl, if this is the case.

Unless as stated above, Aipom joins or follows the group a la Jigglypuff, Snubbul or Larvitar.

GoldChaos said:
Plot synopsis and staff info source:

http://f42.aaa.livedoor.jp/~imawaka/imgboardphp/futaba.php?res=3522

Need translators now!

Screenplay: 武上純希 [bp=Category:Episodes_written_by_Junki_Takegami]Junki Takegami[/bp]
Storyboard, Director: 小山賢 Masaru Koyama
Animation director: 志村泉 [bp=Category:Episodes_animated_by_Izumi Shimura]Izumi Shimura[/bp]

Newtype's Summary
バトルピラミッドをめざして旅を再開させたサトシたちは、途中の村で王様選びというイベントを開催していることを知る。村に伝わる王冠を奪い合い、最終的に手にしたものが、次の1年間王様になれるらしい。おもしろそうだと思ったサトシたちも、早速、参加を決めるが…。
As Satoshi-tachi resume their travels to the Battle Pyaramid, along the way they learn of an event being held to choose a village's new king. Villagers are scrambling to find the crown, as it seems that whoever finally obtains the crown will become the king for the next year. Thinking that the villagers find it amusing, Satoshi-tachi immediately decide to participate.

I might post the other magazine's summary with my translation later, but Newtype's should still give everyone an idea of what this episode's about.

Hm, that makes it sound like Aipom is the next Jigglypuff or Snubbel rather than the next capture...

I hope Ash does catch it I mean, who doesn't want a purple, satanic monkey with a hand COMING OUT OF ITS ASS!

Where did "satanic" come from? o_O

Regardless of the evolution that this capture could indicate, the very fact that Ash is to capture any Pokémon at a time considered to be the end of the AG series, is one worthy of attention. It is in every way likewise to Phanpy's return last year - completely against the expectations of the average viewer who would expect a transition from third generation Pokémon to newcomers of the fourth. I wish I could say the same for May's Squirtle and Eevee, but their being veteran Pokémon falls short to their popularity factor, and so it the latter to which their acquisition is ascribed.

Granted, Aipom is distinct from Phanpy in that it is only making its arrival now. It goes without saying that Diamond and Pearl were not to see release last year as so many had expected, but the same will not be repeated this year. Yet, rather than stretching the Battle Frontier journey and showcasing Aipom at least before the Battle Tower, its place has been reserved for the very climax. That seems to shed an interesting light for us yet again - Phanpy essentially marked the continuation of the AG adventure in the form of Kanto and the Battle Frontier, as opposed to dwelling on the Hoenn League until the time has come for the new generation. Aipom is very much the same, which currently serves to open many questions.

I'd rather it be caught by Satoshi rather than just following the group. With this new summary I'm thinking that it may become a member of the group but not a catch and like somehow become the king of this villliage, or just stay in the Villiage. I'd like to see it get caught just cause then we know there is probably a 95% chance that Aipom with get an evo.

Argy said:
Where did "satanic" come from? o_O

The smile, THE SMILE!

Anyway, I'll be careful, as I mean the BF frontier has had some misleading titles. Rember the "Mystery of Evolution" episode that turned out to be a lame filler?

It's more likely to be caught by May than Ash really.

Afterall, it serves zero purpose to him in a (almost) fully evolved team going into battle 2 legendary Pokemon to beat the Frontier. Yet, May could catch it before the Grand Festival, inexplicably win half her matches with it and have yet ANOTHER cheating Pokemon.

:)

Definitely more up May's avenue than Ash's.

Well Aipom could come in when it's battling Brandon, after one of Satoshi's pokemon was KO'd by like Sceptile or something, end up miraculously KOing a legendary or whatever and evolve. It's possible, I mean Krabby came into the Indigo League not trained at all and evolved winning Satoshi a few rounds.

^ You expect Aipom to put up a good fight against a Regirock?

lol.

I'd much rather May capture it than Ash too, since it fits her team and Contests better, but I doubt she will. There's much more pointing toward it being Ash's.

I cannot explain the ep titles. It is possible he does capture it or May captures it or it's just along for a short time. What would Ash need an Aipom for? Sure, the anime has done things that defy explanation a number of times, but for a newbie pokemon to take out a legendary is just plain ludicrous. A lot of people seem to think Aipom could have an evolution in the fourth gen, which is also possible, but it's the only way I would accept this situation. Otherwise, I don't think this pokemon is in Ash's style. At all.

I don't expect it, it's just that the writers do pretty much anything. To them an Aipom probably could beat a legendary. If there is no evolution I'd rather see Haruka catch it because it fits mays little pokmeon and the hand can like juggle and whatever, but if there is going to be an Aipom evo I'd rather have Satoshi get it just because an evolution of Aipom can't get any weaker looking so it would suit Satoshi because it would probably be better for battling.

Sceptile726 said:
I don't think this pokemon is in Ash's style. At all.

Actually, I thought that he would catch one all the way back in Johto. It may not fit his style now but think about it...

When Ash enters a new region he always starts from scratch or takes some Pokemon with him usually, two basic, a fully evolved and Pikachu. Aipom would fill that requirement...look here at the ones he started with

Orange Island Arc:

Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard

Johto:

Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard

Hoenn:

Pikachu

Possible Shinou:

Pikachu, Corphish, Aipom, Sceptile

See, it would fit the bill perfectly!

Your theory falls to bits on two factors:

1) He only took Pikachu to Hoenn, so there is no pattern. (2 dots only makes a line)
2) Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle (as well as Pikachu) are all starter Pokemon. They have special status - pretty much as ambassadors of both Pokemon and their region

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom