• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Tobias vs. Mewtwo

Can Tobias Catch Mewtwo

• Yes

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
We'd need to see Tobias' full roster to accurately state what would happen. Someone earlier said Aura Sphere and Ice Beam, and Anime Mewtwo doesn't have those. Mewtwo has Barrier, Psychic, and Shadow Ball. That's all he has ever needed. Mewtwo is intelligent, and most likely would evade capture by teleporting away before Tobias is able to catch sight of Mewtwo, since flying away is negated by Latios.
you mean the latios that is weak to shadow ball

Pikafan
Reaction score
No chance Mewtwo would lose. He is far too strong to be caught.

I'm a squirrel
Reaction score
ok here it is in my perspective tobias caught latios and darkrai ultimately i beleive that tobias who by the way wone every single one of his battles except the one against ash with just his darkrai would defeat and if he wanted to capture mewtwo

Lick...Lick...Lick :P
Reaction score
Let me put it this way...
Tobias: Darkrai, I choose-
Mewtwo: DEATH!

the end:flinch:

War

Back in blue
Reaction score
No way in hell!

Mewtwo is just too badass to be caught in the anime.

Reaction score
Anime Mewtwo would steal all of his pokes with those pokeballs before MIND CRUSH. Only reason it didn't work before was due to Ash's rashness/stupidity.

Manga Mewtwo is pretty much the strongest thing in any version of Pokemon ever. Game Mewtwo is even better.

So yeah Tobias is done for unless he has a Mewtwo of his own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mewtwo was in a league of its own, so I'm going with the majority here

woaska
Reaction score
I'm going with the rest of you. Tobias would propably shit his pants when Mewtwo starts to talk.

And imagine Ash's rant if someone tried to catch Mewtwo. He would kill them with his bare hands. Or at least send Pikachu after them.

Reaction score
- Tobias finally finds Mewtwo on top of a cliff.
- He yells that he's going to challange him in order to capture it
- Mewtwo doesn't give a shit
- Mewtwo uses teleport and disappears
- It's silent for some time
- Tobias jumps down from the cliff

No. Mewtwo is just too awesome.
If Ash can't get it into his team even by making friends with it, then no one can...
...IMO EMO...

*And yes, Mew2 learns DOES learn teleport, but only in gen I.
Still being able to learn it: Your argument is invalid.*

Reaction score
he already caught two legends, plus, darkrai has a type advantage so why not?