• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Togepi

Sith Droideka

I! AM NOT! A MORON!
Reaction score
With all the Misty threads that have sprung up recently, I have decided to contribute another one.

Should Togepi have been evolved in Johto?

Should Togetic and Togekiss have met?

Was Misty's Togepi evil, as Pokémopolis loves to claim?

With all the Misty threads that have sprung up recently, I have decided to contribute another one.

Yes, it should have. Misty's Togepi was plain boring and except a few Metronome attacks now and then, it didn't do anything interesting - at all. The greatest moment Togepi had IMO was when it evolved in Togetic much later. (which should have happened before)

Eh, I'm not so sure what would be the point of the encounter. Maybe Dawn gets a Togepi egg from Misty assuming Togetic once lived in the Mirage Kingdom. Other than that no. I'd like it more if Misty gave her Togetic to Dawn. :rolleyes:

Misty's Togepi...evil? I laughed out loud. :p The cute little thing was sweet and loved wandering off and not to forget, chasing Pikachu's tail. No, it was not evil. (sadly) xP

We once had an evil Togepi in DP, and it was awesome. :-D

Misty causing so much random discussion 7 years after leaving the series <3. She's probably talked about more than poor Brock. :lol:

Yes! Togepi did shit in Johto, at least we could have had the chance of Togetic being in some cool battles. Plus I love Togetic. And Misty took such good care of Togepi, it would have been nice for it to evolve via happiness to better show how Misty turned from a hot-headed brat into a mature girl. Since we lost her amazing temper towards Ash it would have been nice for the viewers to at least get a Togetic out of the deal. :lol:

Nah, for real I'd rather Togekiss just get more screentime in general.

If Misty's Togepi *was* supposed to be an evil little thing, then that's a big fail since the evil Togepi from DP was amazing.

Togepi was a ticket for Misty to appear in AG so really hard to answer, whatever.

No, different stories that have nothing in common.

Was Misty's Togepi evil, as Pokémopolis loves to claim

I agree with Pokémopolis, Misty's Togepi was a spawn of satan.

It might've been cool to see Togepi evolve back in Johto, but back then they weren't focused on Misty. If they evolved it, what would be the point of it? It's not like she'd battle with it. They waited to late for her, so they gave her a story in AG to return with it, but ultimately to release it.

Should Togetic and Togekiss have met? Dawn shouldn't have gotten Togekiss to begin with. That was a waste IMO.

Misty's togepi was not evil, it was a baby.

Really it's hard to say, cause if they had evolved it they would have had to think up some other reason for Misty to come back in AG. Even if Togepi had evolved in Johto, it wouldn't have done anything. It would have still sat around looking cute. At least the way they had it evolve it was doing something.

Oh right, Dawn has a Togekiss... No, it shouldn't have ever met Misty's Togetic, the same way Togetic didn't need to evolve in DP. Togekiss was handled pretty poorly in DP. I would really have been more content with it just getting its own filler episodes. So late in the game, and done in such a lame way, Dawn's Togekiss really was pretty bad. Had they done it 50 episodes earlier, that would have been okay, but they didn't do that.

Togepi should have evolved early Johto. Sure, Togetic wouldn't do much more than the rest of Misty's Pokemon, but at least it'd get more than 1 minute of screentime.

It is my belief that all Togepi are evil little bastards.

And I agree with Scott that the thing should have evolved. Screw how it left, it should have been seen more!

I'd like it more if Misty gave her Togetic to Dawn. :rolleyes:

You better run, smugleaf!

To answer the questions:
1) Togepi should have evolved.
2)dawn shouldn't have gotten a togekiss in the first place, i don't care if the two should have met or not, but if they did, i hope togetic beat that big bird.
3)It's not evil but the way it just left Misty after all she has done for it i seriously wanted to punch it.

I felt like insulting fictionsl characters today, so don't quote my post and tell me to shut up.

What would've been the point of it evolving? It's not like they'd let Misty battle with it more...it isn't even a water type...

Should Togepi have been evolved in Johto?: Yes, it was the last Johto Pokemon to make a debut (and I felt the Hoenn saga was a bit too late for it to evolve).

Should Togetic and Togekiss have met?: Yeah, I suppose; other than that, I don't care.

Was Misty's Togepi evil, as Pokémopolis loves to claim?: No, it wasn't. It's just happy-go lucky.

No, it would have taken time away from Misty's other pokemon who did nothing but sit in their pokeball for the quasi-entirety of Misty's run.

No. Wait, only if Misty wasn't there and it meant that Togekiss was leaving forever and we didn't have to deal with the Mirage Kingdom crap.

Was Misty's Togepi Evil? Items of clothing with no personality aren't evil...

Let see:

Definitely yes,and this was one of many writers missplays in Johto.Togepi evolving would provide some development,it would be good advertizing move and it would be useful member in Mistys team for battling.

As for people claims how if this happened,writers would have to use another reason for her to come in Hoenn.So what?
Misty never received closure so there was plenty of material for her to appear for or even return as main.Water tournaments,to catch some new water type,to be involved into some plot etc are just some of many reasons she could have return.

It would be nice i guess,but it wouldnt make much sense.Mistys Togetic is in Mirage Kingdom with only currently known portal existing in hoenn,so unless writers pulled out some plot creating another portal in Sinnoh this wouldnt be possible.

Her Togepi was rather happy and funny at times pokemon,not being even close to evil.Thats just one of those silly jokes which is circulating around Pokemopolis.

Misty causing so much random discussion 7 years after leaving the series <3. She's probably talked about more than poor Brock. :lol:

Yep,Misty is quite controversial subject in pokemon fandom,and this just shows how great she is.There is a reason why so many people want her back.

Since we lost her amazing temper towards Ash it would have been nice for the viewers to at least get a Togetic out of the deal. :lol:

Togepi was just a step toward Misty developing as character.Her temper wasnt lost really after she got Togepi still erupting in Kanto,OI and Johto aswell,just not as often as she used to before.
Over time Misty started to learn how to control herself with Togepi allowing other parts of her personality like sarcasm,caring side coming out on surface which were often overshadowed by her temper in early episodes.

No, it would have taken time away from Misty's other pokemon who did nothing but sit in their pokeball for the quasi-entirety of Misty's run.

Not even close to amount of time Brocks or Tracey pokemon were sitting in their pokeballs.Mistys pokemon were used quite often,especially Poliwhirl,Staryu and corsola.

No. Wait, only if Misty wasn't there and it meant that Togekiss was leaving forever and we didn't have to deal with the Mirage Kingdom crap.

In your opinion,i find this episodes being great.

p.s.I wonder if thread about Misty will ever flow normally?Perhaps this could be the one.

ANOTHER Misty thread?!

Ridiculous. We have league, B/W pokemon and Iris, and people are talking about someone he hasn't appeared more than 5 years. Wow.

Ah, that thing.

Yes, should've evolved much earlier. They handled Piplup as an annoying second mascot, what worse would an evolved Togepi have been?

Yes, Togepi should have evolved in Johto considering how well it was taken care of and how long it was with the group by then. Togetic debuted too late in my opinion. It was the last gen II Pokémon to make its debut. Yes, I know there is one more, but what are the chances of that happening? (Come to think of it, if Porygon2 ever appeared, Togepi would be the second gen II Pokémon that made its debut, and Togetic second-to-last. Interesting.)

I don't see why the two Pokémon should meet. But OK, why not?

And, no, it wasn't evil. Why would it be? Just because it wandered off sometimes and caused some mischief? It was a baby, that's not evil. The Togepi from the DP episode, now that one's evil.

I hated the ep when Togetic stayed in that kingdom whatever its called.
If it stayed with Misty, we would have seen Togekiss before Ash even went to Sinnoh. And now Dawns stuck with it. >.>

Really, giving Togekiss to Dawn wasn't a good move IMO...what the hell were the writers thinking giving it to her from a clone of herself that happens to be a Princess who has too much to do? Is that their idea of good writing??

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom