• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Tokyo Ghoul Mafia - Game End (05/05/2019)

Congrats Town. GG Mafia & Space. You all played really well and did justice to whatever roles were given to you.

Did you have fun?
Yes. It was a really interesting and fun game to watch. Starting from Ereshkigal's shenanigans to the end where Town was frantically searching for a non-existent Godfather, it was enjoyable to watch the chaos unfold.

Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
As I said the moment I saw the game setup, the game was tilted more towards the Town's favour, plus they also got really lucky with the cop-checks and Space killing DekuNut N2, which made it more beneficial for Town. Other than this, the hosting was fine and really fair.

Did you enjoy your role?
I liked my role and the fact that you created roles even for Spectators was special, a first for me. :bulbaLove:
Also, getting a free victory for the spectators was real awesome. :p

How was the flavour text?
I didn't read much, but I liked whatever I read and found it suitable for the theme. I'll read the rest later.

Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
You did a really good job as a host, this being your first game. I'm sure you learned a lot as well and would keep improving in your future games. Overall, a super effort and a really nice first game.

What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
As I said earlier, the entire Ereshkigal-ExLight conversation, plus Town trying to find the GF was entertaining. It was also fun to know how people play with different roles, to see how they react in the day phases and what actions they take in the night phase.

Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
I would be interested in your future games. Hopefully, next time I'll have more time on my hands and will join the game as a player.

From past games, it's usually roughly a third or so of the players that are actually Mafia.
Not a third but a 3 to 1 ratio.

Believe it or not, but I actually had completely forgotten Day 1 was shortened. So what was a post made 8 minutes before the end of day was really intended to be around eleven hours prior to end.
Eg. well, either way, thats why i scanned you :p

Also, I’ve had a mass effect game in my mafia files for about three years now... i guess when i lost interest in bioware, that game suffered too.

Did you enjoy your role?
I liked my role and the fact that you created roles even for Spectators was special, a first for me. :bulbaLove:
Also, getting a free victory for the spectators was real awesome. :p
I wanted the Spectators to feel more involved, which is why I was pretty active in the Discord, and I apologise to prog, I wasn't as engaging with you in the Role PM, though I was happy to answer your questions and comments when you brought them up.

I wasn't complaining... just that the definition here seems to be different from the common fantasy definition :p
I have not watched the anime or read the manga yet, but aren't they closer to what they were in the original myths?
I wanted the Spectators to feel more involved, which is why I was pretty active in the Discord, and I apologise to prog, I wasn't as engaging with you in the Role PM, though I was happy to answer your questions and comments when you brought them up.
Don't worry, it was okay.

Also, I’ve had a mass effect game in my mafia files for about three years now... i guess when i lost interest in bioware, that game suffered too.
Yeah, the Bioware studio sure is not what it was before. But we could use a Mass Effect/Dragon Age (any) mafia, That'd certainly be interesting to see. (Bailey'd have every single power roles possible just to show how powerfull he is. Bailey is the most OP character after all, everyone knows that. :p)
Ohhh good suggestions, I've been playing Dishonored 2 myself lately, just finished a low chaos run, though I'm not sure there are enough people I'd consider "Town" unless I switched it around and had all the targets the majority and Corvo the Mafia.
Hmm... Maybe the setup could look something like this:
Town:
Samuell, Cecillia, Corvo, Emily, Pierro, Callisto, Sokolow, Slackjaw (because why not, he did nothing wrong and Bootle Street folks aren't really criminalls).
Indep:
Daud, Outsider. (Or Granny Rags as indep and Daud as Town because of the events of DOTO and Dishonored 1 DLC's.)
Mafia:
Havelock, Martin, Pedlenton. Or Godfather Lady Boyle, Hirriam Burrows and Thadeus Campbell. Heck, if you are going to set the game pre-Flooded District, I'd say even Havelock, Martin and Pedlenton can be Townies.

I have not watched the anime or read the manga yet, but aren't they closer to what they were in the original myths?

In the original myths they were shapeshifting demons. Western horror, like that produced by Lovecraft, transformed them into the undead we know today and a lot of fantasy picked up the thread.

Yeah, the Bioware studio sure is not what it was before. But we could use a Mass Effect/Dragon Age (any) mafia, That'd certainly be interesting to see. (Bailey'd have every single power roles possible just to show how powerfull he is. Bailey is the most OP character after all, everyone knows that. :p)
I think I'm the only person in the world that actually liked Andromeda... but Inquisition was bad, and Anthem is just... Meh... and even Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 had big issues...

Wait, it was Lovecraft that started the ghoul=zombie thing? I didn't know that.

He used an existing piece of fiction, but his depiction is one of the more popular ones and likely made it heavily popular just in time for roleplaying games like DnD to come along.

I'm screaming
so their animal masks is a reference to the original ghouls' ability of shapeshifting into animals? :lapras::lapras::lapras:

Yep! That part I love :D

I think I'm the only person in the world that actually liked Andromeda... but Inquisition was bad, and Anthem is just... Meh... and even Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 had big issues...
I think I liked Inquistion more than Andromeda, actually. And you are not alone. I think that there was a lot of positives about Andromeda, and enjoyed the game despite its countless flaws. Like, the battle system, yeah, that was good. In terms of exploration tho nothing can top ME2 and ME1 IMO.

Mass Effect 3 was my first touch with Bioware, so it did turned out somehow to hold a speciall place in my heart. Even through I did not knew any of the characters (obviously) and had a hard time understanding what's going on.

DA2 was second Bioware game I ever played, so I have reaaaaly good memories with it, too. It will never top Origins tho.

As for ME2, I played it with Polish dub, so even through I enjoyed this game, I had trouble feeling a deeper connection with it. I hate games with Polish dub cause Polish VA's almost always suck, and translations are just so odd and unfitting they just... Take awaay the magic.

Great job town, congratulations!

1. Did you have fun? = Oh definitely.

2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair? = Uhmm I'm not good with knowing what's balanced, but I did find it surprising there wasn't a godfather. Not sure if that's related to balancing, but yeah

3. Did you enjoy your role? = I really liked my role. I could have made better decisions with it in hindsight (I should not have gone after DekuNut) and I need to work on my fakeclaims. It was fun.

4. How was the flavour text? = I enjoyed it.

5. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything? = You did a good job for sure.

6. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)? = Hmm, I did like the confusion on whether or not there was any scum left.

7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests? = Yes. Can't think of any requests rn though

8. Any other comments or questions? = Thanks for hosting!

From past games, it's usually roughly a third or so of the players that are actually Mafia.
1 in 4 actually, we thought the indep would cover it with a second kill. A GF for only 2 scum kinda ruins the whole cop role.
Mass Effect 3 was my first touch with Bioware, so it did turned out somehow to hold a speciall place in my heart. Even through I did not knew any of the characters (obviously) and had a hard time understanding what's going on.
You don't start with the 3rd part of a trilogy XD
I should continue playing DA:O and ME2...

You don't start with the 3rd part of a trilogy XD
I should continue playing DA:O and ME2...
Yeah, I know... I actually played those games in such an order: ME3-ME2-MEA-ME1, and DA games in order DA2-DAI-DAO.

Definietly. DAO and ME2 rule.

Oh god you played me1 last? Did you ever do a run where you brought your choices over? That is one of the best parts about bioware
I did not. I only once exported my ME2 game to ME3, but I never made a full ME1-ME2-ME3 playthrough. I kinda regret that in retrospect.

Back
Top Bottom