• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Tokyo Ghoul Mafia - Game End (05/05/2019)

@ExLight I really don't get it, and if you hadn't claimed doctor I would be considering PLing you during the next day phase. I don't know what you're trying to do, but if you're trying to confuse Eresh, sorry but all you're doing is feeding her plan.
PL? Policy Lynching? Why the fuck would you do that if my Double Voter role gets way stronger in the late game? And she's dead now, she ain't gonna help scum as this discussion progresses, baby scums gotta find their way without Mama Eresh.

Kinda sad, you were my favourite Smash Brothers character.
I don't remember Belle from Disney and halfway dabbing buff Shrek in Smash.

Not when he's a traitor.
I'm pretty sure my actions scream that I'm Town even if they are suspicious as fuck. Town will have to trust me.

Next phase will start at 10AM anyways, nice.
So, I just woke up. Time to try to explain last night's madness.

I'd like to ask Town to ignore my claim. While revealing a doctor might be bad for us I can assure you that, since Eresh was a Roleblocker as I expected, my strategy will work unless they have a Strongman. This is unlikely, though, isn't it? Since Roleblocker already provides scum a way to bypass Doctors I'm even more confident now.

Recapping: I'm saying I'm certain of who they'll target next night. And, as I said, as opposed to what a minimumly sane doctor would do, I'm claiming I won't protect AussieEevee. What does that mean, however?

This means I'm imposing several WIFOM's to Mafia at once. I'd like to point out that these should not affect town decisions. To scums, however, in their heads they have to decide the following:

• "Is he actually a Doctor?" — As Deku said, this is mainly that part most will be skeptical about. Why would a doctor claim this early when at no risk? Well, maybe I'm inexperienced, maybe it's a lie to buy more time to the real doctor, maybe I'm doing that hoping they won't believe it buying me more time to protect important roles. Unfortunately this also causes the same questions to Town, that can do nothing but see itself forced into believing and trusting me.
Town can only sigh and hope for the best. Scums, however, won't be able to ignore such a claim.

• "Who is he going to protect?" — I said I wasn't going to protect AussieEevee, our, as far as we can tell, cop. Is this true, tho? The most rational play would be to do protect our cop claim, but is it the one that offers the better results? As any WIFOM, the most absurd choice can offer us the most advantage. By saying I'll not protect Aussie, am I just doing this to guarantee they'll try to do it? Do I really know who would their next target be? These questions also manipulate scum into making them think deeper in who and how to use their Night Actions.

• "What will we do about it? What's the point of him doing all these?" — Will they rolecop me first and risk losing a Nightkill due to me stopping them? Will they straight up and kill me leaving cop alive for another day? Will they ignore me and risk leaving doctor alive any longer? What if I'm Paranoid Gun Owner, Bomb, Unjester? Those would explain why I'm asking Town to trust me and not change their plans, right?

I'll continue this after I have my breakfast, but for now I hope this clarifies a few things.
Why would you list out of the hypothetical situations?

Why would you list out of the hypothetical situations?

Mafia already knows they have to deal with these dilemmas, listing them won’t make a difference; if anything that will only limit their imagination.
The purpose in making them explicit is that it might offer a clearer view on the situation for Town that get might get suspicious at me; I wouldn’t want anyone from Town with a power role to waste them on me, after all. So showing that my intentions will do no harm to them in every scenario seemed like the best way to convince them to trust me.

And it’s not even the full list tbh, I just listed the obvious ones. The possibilities are endless. I didn’t even mention interactions with other town roles or such, per exemple.

@ExLight why exactly did you claim in the first place? did you explain that before and I missed it?

Unfortunately I don't think we really got anywhere with any of the discussion related to Ereshkigal but at least we got scum (as expected) anyway here's a slightly updated reads list

Space
AussieEevee
ExLight

Feenie
DekuNut

MellowEzlo
Spiritual Mask Salesman

LazySpy
Kyriaki

@ExLight why exactly did you claim in the first place? did you explain that before and I missed it?

Unfortunately I don't think we really got anywhere with any of the discussion related to Ereshkigal but at least we got scum (as expected) anyway here's a slightly updated reads list

Space
AussieEevee
ExLight

Feenie
DekuNut

MellowEzlo
Spiritual Mask Salesman

LazySpy
Kyriaki
Could you elaborate on these reads a little bit? I'm particularly interested in your read of LazySpy because he is someone I believe you can trust.

Mafia already knows they have to deal with these dilemmas, listing them won’t make a difference; if anything that will only limit their imagination.
The purpose in making them explicit is that it might offer a clearer view on the situation for Town that get might get suspicious at me; I wouldn’t want anyone from Town with a power role to waste them on me, after all. So showing that my intentions will do no harm to them in every scenario seemed like the best way to convince them to trust me.

And it’s not even the full list tbh, I just listed the obvious ones. The possibilities are endless. I didn’t even mention interactions with other town roles or such, per exemple.
But in other words, you might be giving Mafia ideas :/
...ah...? But you knew that. Which scenario did you think of?
Getting night-killed? Even if your doctoring role doesn't count, losing a double voter is a pretty heavy blow.

I might've been a little drunk.

Space
AussieEevee
ExLight

Feenie
DekuNut

MellowEzlo
Spiritual Mask Salesman

LazySpy
Kyriaki
That's quite the drop for Lazy. :lapras:

Could you elaborate on these reads a little bit? I'm particularly interested in your read of LazySpy because he is someone I believe you can trust.
Hmm, I also got scummy vibes from him, but I can trust that too.
At least for now.

But in other words, you might be giving Mafia ideas :/
Ideas can go from great to shitty.

Getting night-killed?
Gahaha!
Eresh prolly told them to keep me alive just to see if I'd try to create more chaos.
I wonder what they'll do.

(...) losing a double voter is a pretty heavy blow.
It's pretty early, it's a role that does pretty much nothing until the endgame.
And I goofed and spoiled it on the first day, so it's not like I'll be able to keep it as the surprise factor or anything.
What matters here is my Doc role.

Day Three - 29/04/2019

Day Three
A man with white hair hobbles down a dark alleyway in the 4th ward, he’s holding a briefcase. He received a note that the person who killed his friend could be found here, he knows it could be a trap, but went anyway. He approaches a small hidden away store, he looks at the wall next to the door, in spray-paint it says “HySy ArtMask Studio”, this is the place. It’s past the store’s opening hours, but the man doesn’t care, all he cares for is vengeance. His briefcase clicks open...

A Ghoul sits at his workbench, creating their latest masterpiece, this one, it’s going to really instil so much fear in them. The door to his workshop splinters into a thousand pieces sending wood everywhere as a long tendril flies through it towards him. The Ghoul manages to dodge it just in time, “It must be another Ghoul” he thinks to himself, “Who are you to mess with me, don’t you even know who I am?” the Ghoul calls out to his unknown attacker.
The man with white hair rushes through the door with uncanny speed, he attacks the Ghoul in a frenzied flurry of attacks, barely letting up. The Ghoul fights back with all his skill and experience, it’s a long bloody battle that goes on for hours, but it is a fight to the death...

LazySpy has been killed in the night!
He was Uta, the Ascetic Mason!

Dear LazySpy,

You are Uta, you are known as No Face by Investigators due to your preferred mask, a blank featureless one. You are also known as a Clown due to the secret organisation you are a part of.

Vv64Iit6a2Os7SE78yh4PvSR1up5KW8_iZXixPIvZoUgqcHhHn3sWPrjlUXaQy3oLYfWPVNYiIHMBQmjCACNzT4RV7Ut3g2da2FzuWBTGqjHzzgKXscRUlntFIAAWeYJRbDoTbbgCbA

"I can live neither with you, nor without you."

Uta is the owner of HySy ArtMask Studio, a place where Ghouls can have masks made for them by Uta. Friendly and polite, though rarely using facial expressions, Uta enjoys teasing others for his own amusement. In his youth Uta was the Ghoul leader in the 4th Ward and his reputation as a leader and mask maker precedes him. Close friends with Itori & Yomo from their youth, they will do anything for each other.

uION_XgPvjTfTIT08yqtIWHK5pBMJdXw9CFjR2djdQUhMSBJruBEazK6D_pWJ8KOV-CQkVE1tRBeq7eWlU28b5dXuZ44Y70pMjs1sDUJsnJk9X7RYEp6-TTRxqpvozizAYp12gQDhOg

[REDACTED] you & [REDACTED] are Masons and know the identity of each other and share a Mason Chat together.

As most Ghouls know of you from your reputation alone, they know not to mess with you, therefore you are Ascetic and are immune to all night actions made against you except kills, anyone who uses their night action on you will be informed that their action failed.

You are a Ghoul (Town) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

The man in white hair, his white clothes stained red with the Ghoul’s blood gathers his briefcase and puts his weapon away. He approaches the Ghoul’s still body and spits on it. “Amon didn’t deserve what you Ghouls did to him” he mutters. Almost silent, but thanks to his trained senses, he hears it, a crunch of wood, someone is behind him by the shattered door. The Senior Ghoul Investigator spins around to face the figure. “N-no, not you! Not again!” he cries, there isn’t even time to open his briefcase.
Several days later the CCG announced that Senior Ghoul Investigator, Kureo Mado had gone missing in the line of duty, his daughter, knowing she'd never see her father again wept for him and swore to avenge his death.

DekuNut has been killed in the night!
He was Mado, the Mafia Role Cop!

Dear DekuNut,

You are Kureo Mado, you are also known as a Quinque Fanatic by other Investigators due to your obsession with them.

4m3FlLGUaquaFRz8y_KbkAfXRm-z2PWX6rVP7IvERwXjge88xsmr0qitODy05acwdC_2bXFtyTLK_7flc9dY0cWtm-6o4uQuM55MP0bRnLtrgwPfzHK7iOTT9m6z1TpTXqhuNMn2sXE

"As long as it's for the right cause, there's nothing wrong with playing dirty."

A veteran First Class Ghoul Investigator for the Commission of Counter Ghouls, Kureo Mado is known for being obsessed with Ghouls and the strange kagunes they use so he can make them into quinques, a type of weapon used for hunting Ghouls. He lost some of his sanity when his wife, a fellow Ghoul Investigator died in the line of duty ten years ago and was left to raise their daughter alone.

As a Ghoul Investigator and Quinque Fanatic you are equipped with several quinque to hunt ghouls with, as of late however you have been favouring the Fueguchi One, a recent trophy you gained from a Ghoul.

R4wIYRxrKyPCn-M6KDD9L-5Wpnp94OwH9txXsk91bKm-auWUcpD7wBxYAF-TB3sNumbcpAEyVkwRbDJHtyPF_so3QMDwR8BOIQzw5GeEVDlkdXp92_M510Syu1xik992UTfLB_ayXO0

Due to your extensive experience as a Ghoul Investigator you can spot things not many others would, as such you are a Role Cop and will discover the role of another player you visit using your Night Action when you say Investigate: [Player] during the Night Phase in the Investigator Chat.

[REDACTED] share the responsibility of hunting Ghouls at night, use Kill: [Player] in the Investigator Chat to do so.

You are a Ghoul Investigator (Mafia) and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

It is now the Day Phase. The phase will end at 11pm on the 1st of May AEST, in 48 hours.
You may now vote.

I'm assuming Vigi killed Deku, great job.

and Lazyspy? LOL
I totally did not see that coming oof
I thought they were going after Mellow.

It kinda really obvious who is the other Mason now tho, ain't it? I was wondering if they were Follower or Voyeur, but that makes more sense.

I'll give a look on Deku's interactions during the other days, prolly will vote in the afternoon.

Btw, cop and doc still alive
Although the last one is the Godfather, so cop will only be useful to prove framed and millers innocent.
GAHAHAHAHA

And so, from that day on, ghouls had trouble getting their masks. Easilly tracked down by CCG, they were quickly wiped out, and most of them had to go underground. Now, they are plotting revenge on humans... And their revenge will be bloody as hell... Filled with WIFOM scenarios, of course.

Good luck, Ghouls!! Fight back with all yer might!!

@AussieEevee any results to share? Ie who should we/should we not look at?

I'm gonna go back and look at DekuNut's posts. I'm physically hitting myself for backing off my suspicion of him. Should have stuck with my gut, but Eresh was messing everything up.

From what I remember, Deku was making a case against Feenie yesterday, so in my reread I'll see what exactly he was saying. It could potentially clear him because Deku isn't someone i would see bussing like that when one scumbud had already been caught.

Kyriaki I feel inclined to town read now, but only because of my role. I feel like Space is town, I think my role is fairly obvious by this point, and that would leave SMS. So that's where I'm going for right now.

Vote: SMS

Assuming there's only one mafia left, town is in a really good spot now.

Also, the LazySpy kill doesn't surprise me at all. He couldn't be protected so his death would have been basically guaranteed.

Space is independent.
I'm not used to cops getting indep results (at ZD we either say innocent, guilty, or no result typically) so it's cool that they're a thing here.

This is good to know, it narrows down the lynch pool even further.

However, this is a general question to Bulba regulars, what are the chances of there being a Serial Killer in a game this size? I know many people here aren't fond of too much killing power in a game, so would Survivor be a more likely scenario? I only ask because if this were ZD it could be possible that Space is SK.

Back
Top Bottom