• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Tokyo Ghoul Mafia - Game End (05/05/2019)

Did you have fun?
Yes, I enjoyed watching the chaos a lot

Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
I think it was weighed heavily in Town's favour, there were far too many protection roles, 2x Bulletproof was overpowered, the Torturer didn't really stand a chance and should've had strongman kills and maybe killed the same night as the jail. Two Mafia and no Godfather showed how bad that was when the cop found one of them on the first night and it soon became clear they wouldn't win because Deku was hit by the Torturer.

Did you enjoy your role?
I did enjoy my role as Host. It was fun coming up with the flavour text and deciding which characters would be in it with which roles.

How was the flavour text?
I think all the flavour text in the Role PMs and the first couple day posts were really good, but as characters who'd never interacted before began to die, it became harder and harder to write up flavour as I couldn't borrow from the source.

Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
I think I did a good job considering it was the first time I'd hosted. I've definitely learned a lot as the game progressed and hope to host another game soon, one more balanced and fun.

What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
I was sure Space would've been lynched as soon as the cop check went through, and yet they survived for another two days and I was just enjoying all the mayhem that happened with everyone trying to find the third Mafia that didn't exist.

Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
Yes please, I'm already planning on hosting a Black Butler themed Mafia game as well as a My Hero Academia one. I'd still love to hear suggestions though.

Any other comments or questions?
None at all.

1. Did you have fun?

1. Yes
    [*]Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
    Little town sided, but that is actually a hard thing to get exactly right. I have never gotten it right myself.

[*]Did you enjoy your role?
    It was a cop.

[*]How was the flavour text?
    Didn't read it. Sorry.

[*]Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
    Lay off the anti-self vote thing. Seriously. There was a point I considered walking away from the game because of the host messages regarding self-voting. Threatening to get someone section banned because of a self vote is like a cop threatening to send you to jail for 25 years for being 20km over the speed limit.

[*]What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
    When I made the really really tough choice of voting for Space. Exlight had been caught in lies before, and I was tossing up whether or not to vote him or space.

[*]Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
    Why do we, as hosts, ask this anyway? I mean, players are always going to say yes :p

[*]Any other comments or questions?
The whole concept of the show still eludes me. I mean, the word ghoul suggests they are zombies but...?!

Also, tip to future scum. 11th hour votes never sit well with people, and that is why I checked Eresh on night 1. Eresh voted 8 minutes before the end of phase, and that caused Calvin to be lynched. You would have been better letting the game go to no lynch rather than attracting attention like that.

Lay off the anti-self vote thing. Seriously. There was a point I considered walking away from the game because of the host messages regarding self-voting. Threatening to get someone section banned because of a self vote is like a cop threatening to send you to jail for 25 years for being 20km over the speed limit.
I just find self voting to be bad sportsmanship which is against the rules, it's pretty anti-town and anti-game too, if you're going to vote for yourself then you may as well not have joined anyway, sorry that's just how I see it.
Though I may consider removing the rule since people will do it regardless.

Why do we, as hosts, ask this anyway? I mean, players are always going to say yes :p
Because I'm interested in themes people might like to play, I don't think the question gets asked enough.

The whole concept of the show still eludes me. I mean, the word ghoul suggests they are zombies but...?!
Ghouls are more like cannibals, but have different organs and stuff to humans.

Did the subs win too? cough cough
Sure :wynaut:

Contrainer has won!
They were a Substitute!

Dear Contrainer,
You are a substitute, you will assume the role of a player that needs to be removed from the game at the host & player's discretion.
You win using your new alignment or if you are not required to be subbed in.

Soulmaster has won!
They were a Substitute!

Dear Soulmaster,
You are a substitute, you will assume the role of a player that needs to be removed from the game at the host & player's discretion.
You win using your new alignment or if you are not required to be subbed in.

I just find self voting to be bad sportsmanship which is against the rules, it's pretty anti-town and anti-game too, if you're going to vote for yourself then you may as well not have joined anyway, sorry that's just how I see it.
I still do not agree with any of that, but that is not what I said. Your commenting on it put a dampener on the game for me.

Refer to Darthwolf's post for how a better reaction would have been to a rule violation.

Because I'm interested in themes people might like to play, I don't think the question gets asked enough.
I meant this part
Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future
I ask it too... and players are always going to say yes, no matter how they feel about the game.

Ghouls are more like cannibals, but have different organs and stuff to humans.
I wasn't complaining... just that the definition here seems to be different from the common fantasy definition :p

I'm a little surprised on the no godfather part, but it became really obvious that Space was who we needed to kill by the end. Clever claim Space, but with four townies left, your lynch was undoubtedly the best move we could make at that time.

I won't say I'm particularly proud of my own performance in this game. I backed off Deku too soon, which was a huge mistake, and incorrectly read SMS, but at least I was right about Space essentially being an SK :p

Anyway this was a fun game regardless, and it's nice to get back into the flow of things after not having played a mafia game in a really long time. I'll probably play more games here in the future too!

1. Did you have fun?
  2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
  3. Did you enjoy your role?
  4. How was the flavour text?
  5. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
  6. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
  7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
  8. Any other comments or questions?
  1. Yes! I've definitely played better, but it was fun for my first game in a long time.
  2. Might've been a tiny bit town-sided with all the kill protection and no Godfather (an easy way to remedy that could be to remove the doctor and just use a bodyguard, or remove the BP townie and role cop) but overall I thought it worked quite well. Scum still could have won in this setup, but they got unlucky and Eresh voting Calvin over Deku 10 minutes before day end kind of sealed their fate.
  3. I'm terrible with one shot roles lol, but I always enjoy being investigative, and it was also somehow my first time being a Mason so that was fun.
  4. I don't usually read flavour text, not gonna lie :lapras:
  5. Ya dun' gud! You were nice and organized, but I think the self voting rule may have been a tiny bit harsh. I agree self voting is ingcredibly annoying, but I've never personally seen it as something that should be against the rules. Other than that, you did a fine job friend!
  6. Trying to decipher Eresh's posts was fun. I told everyone not to do it but did it from the sidelines anyway. I spent about 2 hours analyzing them and came to no conclusion :LOL:
  7. Of course! You did a good job as a host and can only get better.
  8. The Sonic the Hedgehog movie looks like a genuine cinematic masterpiece.

1. Did you have fun?
  2. Do you think the game was balanced and fair?
  3. Did you enjoy your role?
  4. How was the flavour text?
  5. Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?
  6. What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?
  7. Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?
  8. Any other comments or questions?
  1. Yeup. All the way through, even after I died.
  2. Why only 12 characters? It's TG. You could have made a 16 players game and then having a Doctor and a Bodyguard at the same time might have been somehow justified. And it might have gave you field to threw in a third mafia... Juzo Suzuya as Godfather LOL
  3. I didn't even have much time to use it well LEL.
  4. I loved it. Really.
  5. You were a fine host IMO. From my perspective, you did not too much wrong.
  6. When I said Eresh was my favourite Smash Character and everyone called me out because characters in the avi were not from Smash. I mean, I know that. I meant that Eresh her (or himself) was my favourite Smash character!! :p
  7. I always wanted to see a Mass Effect trilogy mafia with scum being either Reapers or indoctrinated characters, and Townies being members of Commander Shepard's crew. Or maybe Disbonored mafia? I dunno, I was latelly playing Death of the Outsider on my dad's laptop and I am kinda in Dishonored-y mood.
  8. :wynaut:

Why only 12 characters? It's TG. You could have made a 16 players game and then having a Doctor and a Bodyguard at the same time might have been somehow justified. And it might have gave you field to threw in a third mafia... Juzo Suzuya as Godfather LOL
It was my first time hosting, small was easier to manage and the queue is smaller too, so less wait time.

I always wanted to see a Mass Effect trilogy mafia with scum being either Reapers or indoctrinated characters, and Townies being members of Commander Shepard's crew. Or maybe Disbonored mafia? I dunno, I was latelly playing Death of the Outsider on my dad's laptop and I am kinda in Dishonored-y mood.
Ohhh good suggestions, I've been playing Dishonored 2 myself lately, just finished a low chaos run, though I'm not sure there are enough people I'd consider "Town" unless I switched it around and had all the targets the majority and Corvo the Mafia.

Did you have fun?

It was a fun game to watch.

Do you think the game was balanced and fair?

It should have had less protective and investigative roles for Town (why two Cops?), and possibly another Mafia. The anti=-self vote issue also unbalanced the game further in Town's favor, since it removed one possible viable strategy that Mafia could have used to even the game a bit. As it stood, Mafia had almost no chance of victory without some extremely good luck.

Did you enjoy your role?

I didn't get to play it long enough :p

How was the flavour text?

It was good.

Did I do a good job as host, could I have improved on anything?

The anti-self vote item threw me a bit. Also, Space's role was one that would work better in a larger game, where the confusion from it has more time to manifest.

What was your favourite part (eg. something funny or cool that happened)?

Watching Town flounder as they tried to figure out who the Godfather is :p

Would you be interested in me hosting more similar Mafia games in the future and if so, any requests?

Sure! Perhaps SAO Mafia, if one hasn't been done?

Any other comments or questions?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

1. Yes, I did. It was a well-played game on all sides, and I'm disappointed I died.
  2. Not really. As I know you know, two mafia is just too few for a game of this size.
  3. Rolecop is always fun, and I enjoy being mafia.
  4. I didn't read it really. I've never stepped within twenty feet of the anime so I expected to simply not understand it. Plus, as mafia, I would rather immediately get out my start of day thoughts rather than spend the extra time reading the flavortext before involving myself in the game. I had town to fool damn it!
  5. Outside the balance I think you were a great host.
  6. Eresh vs Ex. It was painful to watch from every angle but it was entertaining af
  7. I don't know enough about your interests, so can't say. That said, I would happily play your next game.
  8. Stay sober folks.

Not really. As I know you know, two mafia is just too few for a game of this size.
Outside the balance I think you were a great host.
I didn't realise 2 Mafia in a 12p game would be so bad, I was hoping the independent would balance it out, should've made it 13p and added another Mafia :p
But I've learnt from these mistakes I made here and am hopeful for future games. :3

Also, as a reminder, even if the game were balanced mafia would be screwed over anyways. Eresh and I knew as soon as we saw our team

I didn't realise 2 Mafia in a 12p game would be so bad, I was hoping the independent would balance it out, should've made it 13p and added another Mafia :p
But I've learnt from these mistakes I made here and am hopeful for future games. :3
imo, when converting scum size, third party shouldn't account into it, since, as seen here, they can hurt the mafia just as much as, if not more than, the town.

The reveal of how Space's ability worked did at least reveal why our cop check on AE didn't work.

Also, one note: Jinjo flat-out told us she had a power role.

Everyone remember this post?

After seeing ExLight and LazySpy's claim, I'm suspicious of Feenie, Mellow, and Calvin because of their reaction to the claim and I always tend to scum read players who questions a player's claim on D1. I also have a bad habit on claiming early and for now I'll save my claim for later.

That's how I knew Jinjo had one of the Town power roles. Which is why she died early.

From past games, it's usually roughly a third or so of the players that are actually Mafia.

Also, tip to future scum. 11th hour votes never sit well with people, and that is why I checked Eresh on night 1. Eresh voted 8 minutes before the end of phase, and that caused Calvin to be lynched. You would have been better letting the game go to no lynch rather than attracting attention like that.

Believe it or not, but I actually had completely forgotten Day 1 was shortened. So what was a post made 8 minutes before the end of day was really intended to be around eleven hours prior to end.

Back
Top Bottom