• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tokyo’s Pokémon 2019 Press Conference announces a wealth of new information: Pokémon HOME, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Tokyo’s Pokémon 2019 Press Conference announces a wealth of new information: Pokémon HOME, ...

The Pokémon Company has hosted its 2019 Press Conference in Tokyo, Japan and during it announced new information about Pokémon GO, Pokémon Bank and new games and applications called Pokémon Sleep, Pokémon HOME, Pokémon Masters and there will be Detective Pikachu game sequel coming to the Nintendo Switch.

Continue reading...

The piece of news I'm most intrigued and excited about is Pokemon HOME. One of my main concerns going forward with Pokemon is that online trading and battling will require a paid Nintendo Switch Online subscription (like it does in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee), a feature that's simply been free out-of-the-box in the mainline games since 2007.
Trading directly via a Pokemon Bank-like application (from your phone even!) does alleviate this concern somewhat, at least depending on how the pricing of all this will work.
I personally highly doubt that HOME will require a Switch Online subscription considering it's useable and compatible with 'Go' and 'Bank' (which don't require a Switch at all) and if HOME does require a subscription, I can't imagine it would be much more than what Bank costs already, maybe $10 a year? Even maybe just free to download and use with in-app purchases for expanded storage or something?

If you're interested in Switch Online, Home requiring a separate subscription is hardly good news.

If you're interested in Switch Online, Home requiring a separate subscription is hardly good news.

That's true; charging for both services would be a little exploitative.

That's what's making me think it will simply be free, or cost no more than what most players interested in moving their collection to Sword and Shield would already be paying for Bank anyway.

I could see, for example, Home having space for 1000 Pokemon for free, and having the option to pay to unlock more as desired.

That's what's making me think it will simply be free, or cost no more than what most players interested in moving their collection to Sword and Shield would already be paying for Bank anyway.

I could see, for example, Home having space for 1000 Pokemon for free, and having the option to pay to unlock more as desired.
Maybe. It would be odd if a mobile app were totally useless if you didn't spend any money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom