• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tood's art thing

Tood

driving without a license
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
So, it's been a while since I've been telling myself to make an art thread. And this, I've decided to do just that.

Most of my art is hand-drawn, since I have only Paint and a mouse to work with right now.

To start, here's some stuff from the Sketch the above thread:

20190919_002414.jpg

20190827_231726.jpg

20190911_112424.jpg

20190919_132734.jpg

20190920_235930.jpg

Yep

I'll update this with other stuff when I feel like it.

• Staff
Here's the last batch of Sketch the Above stuff:
20190922_110850.jpg
20191031_210934.jpg
20191114_215126.jpg

And a set of Whismur I used as profile pics for a while:
IMG_20191228_231240_649.jpg
IMG_20191231_213100_013.jpg

• Staff
Whismur - the sequel:

20200212_200535.jpg
Alright, so I managed to buy myself a set of alcohol-based markers because I was sick of just using Crayola all the time. And so, this Loudred was made.

It's a lot more fun to use these since they blend, unlike generic Crayola ones that just... don't. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how to use these kinds of markers properly, so odds are that I've commited at least 5 sins against the great art gods in drawing this picture. I don't think it looks too awful, but I most definitely need practice with these things.

For starters, the markers bleed a lot compared to the Crayola ones I've been previously using, and it's quite evident by looking at the eyes, and the arm and leg on the left. A quick internet search leads me to believe I have the wrong kind of sketch paper for this medium, so I guess I need to shell out a few more bucks for another sketchbook :x. A lot of the colors also seem a bit... blotchy? Like the head, for example. I think it's a result of me going over the colors with the alcohol blender a few too many times. I messed up the right foot and the arms are different sizes too, whoops.

20200212_210134.jpg

(The outlines were done with a different marker, so they didn't bleed through the page)

But I like these things. It's a lot easier to make gradients with them (even if I have to get used to blending), and they're not as streaky or inconsistent as the markers I used for the Whismurs. I'm proud of that left arm for some odd reason.

A room, as part of an event on the pixel art app I use.

dotpict_20200703_185720.png

I ran out of ideas for what I could put on the bottom right. Oh well...

I want to do more isometric view pixel art sometime...

Thank you! :bulbaLove:

Yep, it's done with alcohol-based marker for the colors, and a fine-tip black marker for the outlines.

dotpict_20200826_181131.png

In which I try to draw someone in a pose other than a generic upright pose. I need some more practice, but this is definitely one of the better ones I've done over my many bus rides to and from home.

The best way to draw backgrounds also evades me. Grass is hard.

Back
Top Bottom