• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top 10 Worst Level Crossing Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashita

Animal Carer
Reaction score
Network Rail has revealed a list of the top 10 worst excuses it has heard when drivers or pedestrians have failed to stop or misused level crossings in the UK
original article from Thanet News

http://www.yourthanet.co.uk/kent-ne...ing-accidents-newsinkent28965.aspx?news=local

The Top 10

10: I just followed the person in front of me. I didn't look.
9: The sat-nav told me to turn left so i just kept on going.
8. Sometimes its difficult to stop the horse
7. I didn't see the gate coming down as i approached the crossing - I was completely blinded by it. I was driving straight into the sunand it was also reflecting very brightly off the surface of the wet road so i could hardly see anything at all.
6. By a motorist obstructing the yellow keep clear box
I dont need the likes of you to tell me about road and crossing safety. I was a police driving instructore for 30 years
5. Im glad you reminded me to look before crossing i dont normally bother - mind you i was almost hit by a train a few weeks ago
4. Lights? No i dont bother looking at them. I only stop when the barriers start coming down - I wouldnt want to damage the car
3. I know when the trains run round here
2. I thought that the train driver was giving way to me when he sounded his horn
1. I thought the train would slow down to let me through

Heres a video of the level crossing incident which has led to this relaunch of the "dont run the risk" campaign
This particular one is a pedestrian one and is located in Hampshire
Watch the lady with the pram and the movement of the train
note the red light
the lady has forced a gate open to do this btw
after that there is some footage of other muppets misusing level crossings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nggx7yklaA

What are your thoughts?

*facepalm*

The common sense of some people.

Wow, you guys have bulkier gates than us.

Though I've never seen anyone here come that close to being smashed by a train... is it possible that the UK somehow took all of the stupid people from here?!

Yes and when you see the kind of things these drivers do you can see why we need bulkier gates
as fir the idiots bit? no comment for fear of generalisation rule

Holy shit, that guy running across... I literally gasped out loud. Thank god he only lost a shoe!

i know
Network Rail are currently working on a plan to replace most of the level crossings that are currently ranked the most dangerous

And people say Americans are worse at obeying railroad crossings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom