• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top 100 random Pokemon list

Also here's a poll: what's your favourite type of chocolate

• Total voters

J_P_

god
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first thread on this site - I was inspired by Chillie, but it's not top 100 favourite Pokemon, it's top 100 random Pokemon (which will be picked by random number generator or whatever). I'll try to post one each day, describe their look and present both strong and weak points. Hopefully you enjoy this but to be fair, you probably won't, as I'm not gonna put a lot of effort into this. Today I'll start with honorable mentions (I will just describe them briefly) which I'll try to post in a while.

Last edited:
Oh also, I won't be picking unreleased Pokemon yet, because they don't have Pokedex numbers

Okay, honorable mentions:

1. #380 - Latias
380.png

This Pokemon is mostly red and white in color, it's wings, legs, forehead and belly are red, while neck and and rest of head is white. It has a blue triangle on its chest and yellow eyes.
pros:
-cool design, simple but not bad
cons:
-mega evolution sucks, it's the same as Latios'.

2. #595 - Joltik
595.png

This Pokemon resembles a tiny spider, its body is mostly yellow, its eyes and feet are blue. That's all.
pros:
-smallest Pokemon in existence, kinda cute
cons:
the Shiny is kinda ugly.

3. #504 - Patrat
504.png

Oh god, what an ugly Pokemon. This Chipmunk-looking thing is probably the worst gen 5 Pokemon, It has black feet, brown body, with lighter vrown belly and cheeks/mouth, spiky tail and those ugly eyes. This Pokemon would have been much better without those eyes.
pros:
-404 not found
cons:
-ugly
-disgrace to gen 5.

Okay, those are all honorable mentions, see you all tomorrow (y)

Okay, hello again - without any unnecessary talk, let's start with number 100 on the list

Number 100
#095 - Onix
095.png
This Pokemon resembles a huge snake, its body is built of rocks, they start quite big from the head and end up being tiny at the tip of its tail. It has a big stone spike on its head, a pair of eyes with pupils and no irises, and a mouth, which is black inside. Because of how long it is, it's the "tallest" rock-type Pokemon currently in existence. Apparently it has a magnet in its head, which works as a compass. It's kind of like a bigger Diglett - it sits in the ground and digs tunnels. Only difference (except the size, obviously) is that we know how Onix looks entirely.

Although it's a boring design, I cannot say that I dislike it, and I definitely like it more than its evolution, Steelix. Despite the defense being its best stat (highest from all unevolved Pokemon), it looks like it'd fall apart after a stronger hit. Its attack stat isn't the best, but this is fair, as it doesn't look like it could land very strong hits. But I guess it could wrap around its opponent and hold it quite firmly, causing some damage to it in process. It's also quite fast, I guess, which makes sense.

(Edit: for the sake of consistency, I'm adding a Shiny description)
Shiny Onix is definitely a drastic change from its regular variant (unless you're watching that one Best Wishes anime episode, where the difference was underwhelming) - its gray body turns green. That's all, since there's nothing else that could really change.

095_s.png

That's all for today, next post tomorrow (y)

Last edited:
Welcome back, today's post is a bit earlier because I couldn't wait to write it, so here's next entry on my list

Number 99
#149 - Dragonite
149.png
Today's entry is another gen 1 Pokemon, Dragon/Flying-type Dragon Pokemon, Dragonite. It's an evolution of Dragonair, although they barely look alike. While Dragonair is blue, serpentine Pokemon with little wings on its head, Dragonair is much more chunky. Its color changes from blue to Orange, its wings are replaced with pair of long, light orange antennae, but it gains beautiful teal wings (which are definitely too small - somehow it still can fly very fast). Just like the antennae, its belly and bottom of the tail are light orange. It has a pair of big, grayish eyes, a single horn on top of its head, and a round snout. Its feet and hands have 3 claws each. It looks very soft and friendly, but it's one of the strongest Kanto Pokemon.

Its stats are quite equal (with just Attack stat standing out), which is fair, since Dragonite looks like a solid design.

Shiny Dragonite looks significantly worse than its regular variant, in my opinion. Its body changes from orange to green, belly and antennae become more yellow, and wing membranes turn purple.

149_s.png

(edit made by me)
So that's all, as you can see today I also decided to include a short description of Shiny variant, which I'll be doing from now on (yes, I know, I said I won't put effort into this but I'm starting to kinda enjoy it). See you tomorrow (y)

Welcome back everyone - today's post is gonna be longer, because the time has finally come for a Pokemon with multiple forms:

Number 98
#801 - Magearna
801.png
Today we look at Artificial Pokemon, Magearna. This robot lady is one of the Mythical Pokemon from 7th generation. Its body is mostly silver, although some other colors also appear on its body as well: blue, gold, white, black and pink. Let's start with its face - it has large, pink eyes, surrounded by golden rings with two thin rods, which resemble eyelashes, coming out of each. It has a blue dot resembling the nose and pink dot, which resembles the mouth. Its head is surrounded by a gear, which looks like a hair or a headscarf. Its torso is a light blue sphere with half-red half-blue circle in the center, encased in 2 silver rings. To those rings a pair of fingerless arms is attached on the sides. Bottom part of Magearna's body resembles a Poke Ball - but it also looks like a ball gown. Magearna's legs are thin, which makes it look like it's barely able to stand. If you look very closely, you'll notice that Magearna's "ears" are shaped like the top part of the Poke Ball, which the "gown" is missing, suggesting that the Pokemon can fold itself into the sphere (sort of like Bakugan, I hope people still remember those).

Magearna didn't originally have a Shiny form, but with the release of HOME, it officialy has its own rare color variant (which was actually previously teased in the Sun & Moon animated series). Its body turns almost completely gray, with just the eyes, mouth and the blue/red circle on the torso being different (although their colors still become less saturated).

801_s.png

This Pokemon also gets one other form (which is also just a color variant), called Original Color form. It's supposed to represent how Magearna looked originally (as it's actually very old Pokemon). Its "ears" and the top part of the Poke Ball resembling "gown" become red, and silver parts of the upper body become gold. The shield emblem turns black. Eyes, torso sphere, nose and mouth stay the same color.

801_f2.png
This form also has its unique Shiny form - red parts become black (now resembling Ultra Ball, instead of regular Poke Ball), and gold parts from the upper body become silver again. The color of the sphere in its torso becomes more saturated.

801_f2_s.png

Today's description might not have been the best as my head hurts a bit and I can't fully focus on what I want to write, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. I'll be (hopefully) back tomorrow with next part of this thread (y)

Heyo everyone, sorry in advance if today's post is oddly formatted - I'm writing this one on the phone. Well, let's get into the next entry:

Number 97
#575 - Gothorita
575.png
Today we're looking at Psychic-type Manipulate Pokemon from Unova - Gothorita. This Pokemon resembles a little girl. Its body is mainly black, it has white bow ties, purple face and blue eyes. Its legs aren't very detailed - you can see distinguishable feet, but they're blending in with the rest of the lower limbs. Its torso resembles a dress - it starts wide at the bottom and becomes thinner as it goes to the top, turning into the Pokemon's neck. Its arms are thin, with no hands or fingers. The head is sphere-shaped, with 2 more "spheres", which resemble hair buns, connected to both of its sides. There's a round "growth" protruding from the bottom of each of these spheres. Gothorita's face is purple, at the bottom it's round but on top is has triangular black markings resembling the fringe. This Pokemon's eyes are huge - they barely fit on the face. They have blue irises and white pupils. It also has small mouth with relatively big, pink lips. Gothorita also sports 6 white bow ties - 2 on its torso, and 2 on both sides of its head.

This Pokemon's Shiny variant isn't the drasticly different one - the most noticeable change is in the eyes - which turn vivid pink. Its face becomes slightly more pink too, but it's not as saturated as the eyes. While it's not too noticeable, the black also changes color - it becomes very dark blue with a hint of purple.

575_s.png

(edit made by LinkTheHeroOfWinds#1151 on Discord)

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of this Pokémon or other members of its evolutionary line. Its face expression doesn't make it too likeable for me, and it kind of resembles a Jynx in my opinion lol
Objectively it's not a badly designed Pokémon - it fits quite well with the rest of the "humanoid fairies/spirits" lines (even though I'm not too sure if that was even an intention).

As you can see today I decided to include my personal opinion on the Pokémon at the end, which I'll also try to do from now on (thanks to Chillie for the suggestion lol). I've been quite busy today, but I managed to get this post done, and there will be definitely another one coming tomorrow, so stay tuned (y)

Hello again, today we're looking at another Kanto Pokemon:

Number 96
#111 - Rhyhorn
111.png

The Ground/Rock-type Spikes Pokemon, Rhyhorn, as its name suggests, resembles a stubby rhinoceros. Part of its body is covered in spiky, gray, rocky plates. Its skin underneath those plates seems to be black (which might just be the lighting), although the exposed parts of the skin are gray, just like the plates. It stands on 4 thick legs, which have 2 claws each. It has a big head with a short horn on top of the snout. You can see 2 small nostrills under the horn. It has 2 eyes, irises are red and pupils are black. There are 2 fangs protruding from the upper jaw which are coming out of Rhyhorn's mouth. On the back you can see a spiky ridge, which ends with a short tail.

Shiny Rhyhorn is clearly distinguishable - its gray body becomes more orange, with black parts turning dark brown. Eyes, claws and fangs don't change their color.

111_s.png

Overall, I think Rhyhorn is a well-designed Pokemon - it's simple, still clearly resembles the animal which it's based on, but it's different enough to look like something out of a fictional world, to make it look like a Pokemon. Its spikes make it look really cool, and despite its further evolution stages lacking them, they both also look really great (even though Rhyperior definitely could have looked better lol).

So that's it - I know this wasn't a very detailed description, but I just couldn't bother with describing each spike on Rhyhorn's body (sorry). Still, I hope you enjoyed today's post, and I'll come back tomorrow as always (y)

Hi, today's post is very late because I almost forgot about it.

Number 95
#855 - Polteageist
855.png
Today we'll take a look at the Ghost-type Black Tea Pokemon from Galar - Polteageist. Despite its Pokedex category stating otherwise, this Pokemon's body is purple, with eyes, mouth and lower body being yellow. It has two swirly eyes and is usually seen smiling. It has 2 thin arms with 3 fingers each, and 2 legs with no distinguishable feet. It lives in/possesses an old teapot. It's cracked in few places, exposing Polteageist's body. Its handle, knob, rims of cover and bottom are yellow. Top part of cover and teapot are teal with darker, swirly pattern. It seems like Polteageist can change its shape, as if it was liquid. Usually it's seen peeking out of the top of the teapot, but it can also fit through the spout of the vessel.

This Pokemon has 2 forms, which are purely aesthetic and barely noticeable - phony form, which lacks the authenticity mark on the bottom, and antique form, which has such mark.

Shiny Polteageist doesn't change mostly, but you'll notice the difference. The teal patterns become pink. There are no other changes unfortunately.

855_s.png
This Pokemon isn't one of my favourites from the Galar region, and I might like its pre-evolved form more, but it's definitely not bad. Its weird shape makes it look odd to me, but the concept of this Pokemon is actually nice. Instead of actually possessing the teapot, it just lives there. Also, because Galar is based on the UK, the Pokemon which resembles a teapot is just perfect for the region.

That's all for today, see you tomorrow with the next entry (y)

Hey again - I'm not really motivated today to write this post, so apologies in advance for exceptionally poor description (because let's be honest, they're never rich in detail). But here we go:

Number 94
#395 - Empoleon
395.png

Today's entry is Empoleon - final form of Water-type starter Pokemon from the Sinnoh region. This Pokemon resembles a penguin. It's quite big, as it's 170 cm (5'07") tall. Its body is mainly black. It has 2 yellow feet with 3 claws of the same color. Its wings are quite big, rimmed with blue blades. There are 3 thin claws on both of those wings. It has a sharp fin which runs from Empoleon's belly all way up to the throat, where it splits in 2 and forms a collar which separates Pokemon's head from the torso. There's a white marking, which resembles a cravat, running down its chest. It has short, yellow beak, which extends upward into three horns, which together look like a trident. There are 2 eyes between those horns, with blue irises and black pupils. Above the eyes, Empoleon has a blue marking which kind of looks like a crown. It also has a smaller fin on its back, which resembles a tail, and 2 yellow bumps (?) above that fin.

Shiny Empoleon is for sure a good Shiny. Its black body turns dark teal, blue fins and blades become much lighter in color, and usually yellow parts, which were almost orange, become much more yellow in color, but with a small hint of green. Its white marking on chest and belly doesn't change in color.

395_s.png
Overall, I think Empoleon is a really well designed Pokemon! I like penguins, and the color choice for both regular and Shiny variants is also great. It fits the rest of Sinnoh starters, but still is unique. I can't put finger on my favourite part of the design, but since it's appealing to me, then it must mean that I like all of its traits.

So that's all for today, unfortunately today's choice wasn't 100% random, as I had to choose the entry twice (my first choice was Rayquaza, but I forgot about its Mega Evolution, and I didn't have an edit for the Shiny variant made, so I wasn't prepared), but I promise this won't happen again. I hope you enjoyed reading this post (which wasn't that poor in detail after all, I guess), and see you tomorrow, as always (y)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom