• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top 5 Favourite All Time Pokemon Characters?

Pepsi Perfect

The future is N̼̮͇È͍̮͖̪͈ͤV̙̣͍̱̑ͧ̃E͙ͫ̊R̨͋
Reaction score
Okay, so...top 5 favourite Pokemon characters of all time!
Who're yours?
Any character from the any of the games (including spin-offs), any of the mangas, or the anime, or any other official Pokemon thing you can think of. It doesn't matter how little or much they occur within the series.
You're welcome to discuss.

Okay, so, mine are:
5. Okay, I kind of have to tie PokeSpe Lance and RGBY/ PokeSpe Giovanni here. Lance was a very different take on someone who would be seen as a hero of some kind, and Giovanni... c'mon, need I explain?

4. Pikachu, he remains as one of the only Pokes who still has a personality. Plus, pre-BW! Pikachu was an uber-powerhouse, would never leave Ash, and loves ketchup.

3. Green, from RGBY. I loved him as a character and his character development, especially after Lavender Town. I also love his PokeSpe adaptation.

2. Sir Aaron, I loved the story around him, and I think he was very well done, in turns of things like character design and voice-acting. (I count Lucario with him. xD)

And...

1. Red (the original, not FireRed), the character that started it all for me, plus all his other manga and game adaptations make him even more loveable.

In no particular order:
Infernape, Pikachu, Ash (before he went back in time during BW), Cynthia, and Ethan (he has one of the coolest game character designs in my opinion, the other is Hilbert).

In no particular order:
Silver, Kris (I really like her design), Guildmaster Wigglytuff from PMD2, Chatot from PMD2, Grovyle from PMD2, and many others I can't list here because that would be going over the number of 5.
Honourable mentions: All the protagonists of the games since I love them so, Green/Blue Oak from Pokémon Adventures, Mitsumi from Pokémon DP! Adventure, Ninetales from PMD1, Gengar from PMD1, Ghetsis, all three of the Pinchers Admins from Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Kincaid from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Misty from the anime, and Plusle and Minun. ('Cause they're awesome, enough said.)

Last edited:
Hrm, it's kinda hard for me to pick a top five. I can pick an all-time favorite, though!

1. CILAN! Definitely Cilan! He's so <3 in the anime. He's got an awesome personality, a lot of funny scenes (especially that one in Scare in the Litwick Mansion where he's screaming and running away from the statue lol), and he's even kinda attractive, imo. I just love how he's so smart and varies his catchy catchphrase all the time. I like how he evaluates too. :D

2. Looker. He's so epic, he beat the crap out of two Galactic Grunts at the same time. This is in the anime, of course. He's also a master of disguise. I like that. Lance was pretty cool for this too.

3. Brock. Four words. The guy is hilarious. In the anime, anyway. Not to mention smart as well, like Cilan. ^^

4. Roark. I find him cute, he's really mature for his age (well, most of the time lol), and he co-stars with his dad, Byron, in my favorite anime episode, Ancient Family Matters! That crap was so hilarious. XD

5. Last but not least, Barry. I love how his character in the anime matches his character in the games. All that joke fining business and his habit of running into Ash. Just so lol. I also loved his voice. That was one excellent voice actor there. I also like how he's a more powerful trainer than he let's on! He gave even Paul a run for his money.

And honorable mention would be Dawn. I think she had the most personality out of all of Ash's female companions so far. She's talented, yet rather bratty and short-tempered, but she's persistent and confident too. I also think she's really pretty. ^^

Last edited:
5) Janine. My all time favorite female character.
4) Drayden. Total badass.
3) Thorton, because he's dorky and awesome.
2) Brock, because he never fails to make me laugh in the anime.
1) Ash Ketchum, the best character in the whole franchise.

Ash (pre-BW), May, Touya, Pikachu, Sir Aaron.
No particular order.

Hard question indeed. Being a fan of all aspects of Pokemon it does make it hard, but I'll go with this:

1: Red - He's the hero of the manga and even away from the first arc of Pokemon Adventures he continues to be involved in the story right up until the really late arcs.
2: Sir Aaron - Still stands as the best darn hero in the Pokemon movies in ages, going to be hard to ever beat him.
3: Ash - I grew up watching the anime, I can't not include him.
4: Silver - In Pokemon Adventures he was pretty darn evil to start with, I loved the whole plot around him though.
5: Crystal - One of the very few girls I 'do' like in Pokemon. I respected how hard she worked to be able to catch Pokemon the way she did.

Hmmm... Tough. I have a lot of favorites.

But I think my top 5 characters are (in no particular order):

Ash, Misty, Brock, and Ash's Pikachu.
The show was better with this group.
Final spot goes to Hilda..... :crush:

1. Paul - Character that has the most similarities to myself.
2. Brock - The character that introduced my favorite pokemon, Onix.
3. Mewtwo - His carefree attitude is perfect for my taste.
4. Bruno - His onix = Epic
5. Byron - Pokemon choice suits me.

1)Cynthia
2)Cynthia
3)Cynthia
4)Cynthia
5)Cynthia

Thats it. I don't care about others.

It's times like this, that you think you should have posted earlier. Cause Cynthia rocks.

And throw some silver and Darkrai in there too. And morty.

5. Sir Aaron - I consider him the same as Riley XDD anyways, my fav movie character. Had a good backstory, and his friendship with Lucario had been excellent. The movie would've been much better if he actually bathed in the hot spring instead just sticking his feet in it...XDD

4. Gary Oak - loved his cocky attitude and the name-calling XDD Being the first rival and all - he holds a special spot. Hope he appears sometime again.

3. Subway Masters - They are AWESOME!! If it weren't for the hax of the trainers, I would've reached them easily, but anyways...I loved their episodes and their personalities. Twins are EPIC.

2. N - Who DOESN'T love this guy? He's a bundle of cuteness and pure hotness mixed deliciously XDD BW games are all about him, and Gen 5 has it's popularity mostly thanks to him XDD His backstory was just fabulous.

1. STEVEN STONE - he's the most sweetest champion ever!! He gives you a BELDUM, and he also fights alongside you to defeat a BOSS of Team Magma. Plus, he's heir to a huge corporation in pokemon world!! Got all the money and power and yet he's so modest and STILL the greatest!! I wish he had more anime episodes... but too late... :(

Ooh my, this is a hard decision...I leave out player characters and Pokemon for my top-5.

5) Maxie. He is not only hot for a guy in his late thirties, but also one of the best-designed villainous team leaders. Yes, it's just a simple long jacket and pants and shoes. But it suits him so well. Plus I think he had pretty good intentions for increasing landmass. More land would be nice. He just went about it the wrong way. There's also in Emerald, after the big plot when you return to Mt. Pyre, he starts to say something, then just leaves. I so wonder what he wanted to say...

4) Volkner. Not just 'cause he's hot. I like how before you went to battle him he was all bored and depressed, and wanted to challenge the Pokemon League. How many Gym Leaders want to battle the Pokemon League? I thought that was interesting. Plus him and his interactions with Flint inside the Villa are pretty funny.

3) Max. May's brother in the anime. The poor kid doesn't get enough love if you ask me. D8 Sure, he was an annoying know-it-all, but what kid-geniuses aren't? I personally find that his most endearing trait. When you're traveling with people so much older than you, of course you want to look like you're possibly better than them. That, and the episode "Do I Hear A Ralts" is easily one of the best Pokemon episodes EVER. Really made me a Max fan.

2) Gay Cheese (I can't spell that guy's name for the life of me), quite surprisingly. In a "love to hate" sort of way. He treated N terribly, but until the castle I thought was a bit brilliant about him. If I hadn't been spoilered on BW before playing, and not counting my genre-blindness, I'd never have guessed he was planning to overthrow N. His breakdown at the castle, too, is my most memorable experience with him. Nobody can say "I AM PERFECTION!!!" with such crazed hamtastic gusto like Gay Cheese can. Plus, epic battle theme. Probably rivals Arceus's battle theme for ominousness.

1) Currently sitting at this spot is Cyrus from Pokemon Platinum. I really like most villainous team leaders it seems... But yes, Cyrus is such a conflicted and tragic character, with a side of crazy. I'd never have supported his plan at all, but I know I'd join Team Galactic just to see that guy. I'M SO SHALLOW, even though he's not exactly "hot" like, say, Volkner. It's also my new-found love for ChainReaction (with Lucas) and CrimsonSunbird (with Red) shipping (the latter I made up, at least I think. Not the name, the pairing). I guess, overall, I really like his character a lot. Very well-done to me.

1. N! He's the Pokemon character that I relate to the most. Not to mention, he's a cute guy, the first ingame trainer to have an uber legendary, is pretty epic at certain parts of the game, and is probably the deepest, most well-developed character in this franchise so far.

2. Youngster Joey- I'm a sucker for memes, so this guy cracks me up! The first game I ever played was Silver, so after the rival he was the first trainer I ever battled. (he also shares his name with my high school crush)

3. The guy on the roof of the Cinnabar Gym from that glitch. Thanks to him, I find people on roofs hilarious.

4. Cynthia- She's a really epic, strong trainer. I want a coat like hers.

5. This one's tough, I really don't know my clear-cut #5. Either Hilda, Cheren, Kris, Melody from the second movie, or Barry.

This counts the anime too, right?

1) Paul - Best rival, best character. 'Nuff said.
2) Reggie - He's Paul's brother, so of course he's awesome. XD I think that he had a hidden amount of depth that made him unique.
3) Silver - I loved his story with Giovanni, and he's the best rival in the games. Plus... his battle theme is freakin' AWESOME.
4) Barry - The most hilarious character in the series, and one of the most adorable, too.
5) Cilan - More so in the anime than in the games, because he's 100% more fabulous there.

In no particular order:

Clay. I think my opinions of Clay are pretty well established around this forum by now, but in case you missed it: grumpy, middle-aged cowboy businessman who went from the bottom of the working hierarchy to the top through hard work and determination, and he never forgets where he started from and how he got to the top. I think that's pretty outstanding, and admirable.

Harley. Flamboyant, hysterical, devious, and a talented Coordinator. Every episode with Harley in it proved to be remarkably entertaining, especially his intro episode. His burning hatred of May for a good chunk of AG made for some stellar plots.

J. She was a fascinating villain because she was good at what she did and showed no remorse whatsoever doing anything short of murder to accomplish her missions (and even then, her sending Ash spiraling to his death from the airship was stunningly dark for Pokémon, as was her "demise").

Mr. Kincaid (Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia). He gets a lot of disdain for being a douchebag, but I think he's fun. He had some fantastic lines ("I have never been successful with subordinates in my entire career" was undoubtedly my favorite quote in the whole game) and running gags ("No running in the hallways!"), plus I loved his hair. You just know that the man never wanted to be a teacher and that he really just hated the kids. :b

Kate. In the Pokémon Ranger Batonnage webcomic, Kate's clumsy curiosity (blowing up a Styler after having it for all of two minutes, leaving dirty fingerprints on Kellyn's newspaper) played well off Kellyn's cynical meticulousness. But when she needed to be serious, she was, and she was very good at being a Ranger and a Mechanic in one. (That's why I named myself after her. :3)

I dunno, so I'm just gonna name some of my favorites.

-N
-Thorton
-Blue
-Silver
-Looker
-Barry
-Ice
-Guildmaster Wigglytuff
-Youngster Joey

Um, let's see. Ash, Drayden, Karen, Sabrina, and Falkner. If I think of any that I like more then those five then I'll post them. Though, to be honest, most characters ether leave no impression on me or I have a great disdain for them.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom