• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top 5 languages you are learning/want to learn (other than English)

Mijzel i would learn Dutch tbh if you can speak English it isnt that much of a leap to Dutch from what i can tell
Also they now have Japanese availabale as a GCSE course here now in some schools

1) Japanese: So I can understand the Japanese games I keep importing...
2) Chinese: So my CAP score will at least be average...
3) Geek: So that I can understand what people are talking about on Ubuntu forums
4) C++: So I can actually program something
5) Klingon.

I took Spanish classes for a while, and now I'm trying to learn Japanese. It's actually really similar to Spanish.

lolwut

Explain this statement please.

3) Geek: So that I can understand what people are talking about on Ubuntu forums
5) Klingon.

K, so the OP specified "human" languages. C++ is a computer language, and Klingon is an alien language.

5) Klingon.

Even though this is for human languages, I'd like to point something out.

If you're a programmer just starting out (you're only 13, so that's safe to assume), then I would actually suggest something simpler like PHP, Java, Python, or Perl.

Then move on to binary and assembly language and THEN learn the more complex mainstream languages (yes Java is one of those, but it's FAR easier than C/C++ from my experience).

EDIT: Crap, just dropped another hint about my main account.

Yup, strange man indeed! Anyway, the only language other than English which I want to learn is Sanskrit. <33333
i pretty sure you know hindi..

anyways, i want to learn japanese,my mom says that when i complete 10th grade i can go to a university that teaches modern languages including japanese when i get 3 months of before going to collage.

If you're a programmer just starting out (you're only 13, so that's safe to assume), then I would actually suggest something simpler like PHP, Java, Python, or Perl.

Then move on to binary and assembly language and THEN learn the more complex mainstream languages (yes Java is one of those, but it's FAR easier than C/C++ from my experience).

Working on Python here. =D Also, I couldn't think of anything other than Jap and Chinese, since I do live under a rock, so I just picked stuff that I thought of in order of when I thought of them.

Japanese

Japanese

Japanese

Japanese

Sanskrit

:3

1) Japanese
2) German
3) Russian

And maybe...
4) Spanish
5) Chinese

I took Spanish in high school, so I can understand a little of it already.

I disagree with this. If you want to learn a language, by all means go C++.

Latin, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, Greek, French.

I would like to become fluent in Cantonese again (and read traditional Chinese). After a few years of school my knowledge of it pretty much went out the window and now I can only hold brief conversations :S Other than that, I don't plan to learn any other languages.

I'm currently taking French in school. Even though it's pretty interesting, I'm going to drop it next year because I suck xD

1) Japanese* - I know a lot of words, but grammar and sentence structure still evade me. (Self taught)
2) French* - The language is easy, but I'm still confused about conjugations. (I have a first year high school education on it)
3) Pǔtōnghuà - Gotta get ready for our future overlords, right?
4) Russian
5) Sanskrit

I'd also like to know Korean. I've recently been studying up on that (I swear some of the vowels sound the same).

I'm seriously trying to master French right now. I've got understanding and reading down, but speaking is an issue.

In the past, I tried to learn the following languages: Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and Russian. From these, I can now read Cyrillic Script and I can read the two syllabi of Japanese. Languages are fun.

(Not in order)
1. Japanese (One of many here that want to learn this. =o=)
2. Spanish (I've had interest in this language. It's not uncommon to run into people speaking it where I live I might add. I've noticed a few people here can speak it too. I know a fair, but limited amount of words and phrases.)
3. French (Coming from the Bayou State originally, we have a fair amount of French references here and there. Wouldn't hurt to learn some etymology. It's also a language I find interesting in general.)
4. Italian (Yet another European language, and one that I wouldn't mind learning.)
5. Chinese (Pretty unusual choice, eh? This one's another one that caught my attention for whatever reason.)

1. Romanian. Romanian is an absolutely beautiful Romance language, similar to Italian and sounding a bit like Spanish. I especially want to learn Romanian in specific because much of my heritage is from The Czech/Slovakia/Romania/Croatia. I'm also a vampire hunter, so naturally that's useful resource to have. ♥
2. Latin. Latin is ultimately very cultured, very pretty, and also dignified and extremely useful. Skills from speaking Latin can be applied to the basics of several other languages. I'm also going into the field of anthropology, so Latin is very prominent on some artifacts and whatnot.
3. Gaelic. (Old Irish) Allegedly the most difficult human language to learn, though rivaled by Icelandic. I'd only want to learn Gaelic for the challenge and sense of accomplishment, as it's really only spoken in tiny secluded areas in Ireland and Scotland. It's also got very beautifully flowing phonetics.
4. Nahuatl. (Aztec language) Again, extremely versatile in studying anthropology. Useful for the study of Mesoamerican ruins and artifacts.
5. Inuktitut. (Some respective Inuit language) I really love the cultures of the natives of Greenland and Canadian Inuit, especially their mythology. I dunno, it'd just be really nice to be able to fluently read the legend of Mahaha or Qallupilluk in their original text. Then again, it's also difficult. And looks like this:

ᕿᑭᖅᑕᓂ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᒃᑯᑦ ᐱᓕᕆᐊᖃᐃᓐᓇᕐᓂᐊᖅᐳᑦ ᑲᑎᖅᓱᐃᓇᓱᖕᓂᕐᒥᒃ ᐅᓂᒃᑳᑐᖃᕐᓂᒃ ᐊᑐᐃᓐᓇᐅᑎᓪᓗᒋᓪᓗ ᐃᓄᖕᓄᑦ. ᐅᓂᒃᑳᖃᕈᕕᑦ ...

So yeah, some really strange choices, but I've decided these would be my top five. :3

Back
Top Bottom