• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Top ten most hardest/disturbing video game bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynthia (PKMN: Diamond)
Ganondorf (LoZ: OOT, his beast form was easy to me)
Bongo Bongo (LoZ: OOT)
Vaati in all forms (LoZ: Minish Cap)
Perfect Chaos (Sonic Adventure)
Puppet Ganon, the first puppet form was hard (LoZ:WW)
Elite 4 (Sinnoh one)
Egg Hornet (Sonic Adventure)
Twinrova (LoZ: OOT)

I just remembered, Luther from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
He has this stupid attack that would cover the whole battlefield and it always does quite a number on me.

Zero from Kirby's Dream Land 3 disturbed me. A giant eye that shoots blood at you and then rips his own iris out and chases you.

And Galacta Knight is hard without a good copy ability.

Does the entire Hoth level in Battlefront II count as a boss? If not, I have to say... Gizor Delso. Unless you have an elite rifle, or can get lucky with a rocket, you are in for a world of hurt.

I've heard many people say that the Father zombie in POP:The Sands of Time is very hard to pass... I've never had problems beating him, though...

I almost never have trouble with video game bosses. There was one I really hated, but I can't remember. The endboss from kirby amazing mirror was pretty anoying tough, also one of the forms of the last boss from Stafy 1 or 2 (can't remember which one tough). I guess Evice from pokemon Colosseum was also pretty hard, but with some revives he wasn't that hard anyway.

God, there was a boss that I seriously had to try again, and again, and again... hmmm. Why can't I remember him/her! 0.0

Boss Battles that I found hard (in no particular order):

Bowser (Final Battle)- Super Mario 64

Shadow Queen- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Kefka (Final Battle)- Final Fantasy VI

Crocmire-Super Metroid (for a mini-boss he sure was a pain to beat)

Ganon- Legend of Zelda

That’s all I can think of offhand.

The battle against Demyx in Hollow Bastion in KH2. What a pain it was to kill those waterforms within 10 seconds...
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

Also, Reshef from "Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction." Clearly, too many people commented on the fact that "The Sacred Cards" was far too easy and they decided to make the sequel a bitch. And they did. Half of Reshef's deck was illegal duplicates of limited cards or monsters with the highest attack power at four stars. Also, he had God cards and like 40,000 Life Points, while you're stuck with 8,000LP or less depending on how many you had left after the duel right before. The problems were compounded by the fact that you couldn't build even a decent deck in this game (you'd have to beat one regular duelist roughly 200 times before you had enough deck cost points to put ONE good monster in the deck). This game was fucking broken.

Boss Battles that I found hard (in no particular order):

Bowser (Final Battle)- Super Mario 64

Shadow Queen- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Kefka (Final Battle)- Final Fantasy VI

Crocmire-Super Metroid (for a mini-boss he sure was a pain to beat)

Ganon- Legend of Zelda

That’s all I can think of offhand.

I forgot to list Dr. Robotnik Final Boss Battle from Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Man, what a pain that battle was.

All the Stage 6 and Extra Touhou game bosses are hard

gorea 1 from metroid prime hunters.
also cretaphid v4
slench v4
and the Dahaka(PRINCE OF PERSIA WARRIOR WITHIN)
SHEET he is hard to dodge.

Yiazmat from FFXII. Zodiark a close second.

Hell, a lot of the bosses in that game are disturbingly hard enough to take on average an hour to fight in one sitting. But you haven't seen evil 'till you've seen Yiaz. I'd like to see someone who's played that game AND beat those two name a more evil boss than the two I mentioned, because they make any boss from Kingdom Hearts look like a joke. Yes Demyx and Xaldin were a doozy, but Zodiark makes them look like a walk in the park.

Isn't there a forum for this?

Isn't Yizmat the boss with twelve million HP?

Anyway, most disturbing as far as psychological goes, oddly, are two of my favorite characters--Kefka Palazzo from FFVI and Cyrus from Pokemon DP.

Kefka is pretty much destruction incarnate. What sets him apart is that he's also hilariously funny. So that kinda breaks down the barrier of "it's a video game" when you realize that you're laughing while he's slaughtering a town, and then you start to wonder about yourself...yeah.

Cyrus...notice I said DP. In Pt he was considerably more of a stock villian, but still had a bit of what made him so disturbing, and that's that he's RIGHT about so much. The world sucks, it's a terrible place, something has to be done to change things and what has to change is human nature because we're incredibly stupid as a species and have no idea how to treat each other. It's like, lay out the progression of his goals and it'll play out like "Uhhuh, yes, yes, yes!, absolutely!, Certainly!--wait, you want to do WHAT? HELL NO!" And it's why Saturn keeps trying for that goal of a perfect world after Cyrus's defeat--because it *is* a good goal, but Cyrus went about it in such a hideously evil way that it gets lost. And that's what makes him disturbing; because at the core, he really *does* want what's best. But the ends can't possibly justify the means.

Most disturbing appearence wise is Granfaloon from Symphony of the Night. I dare you to look it up if you don't believe me.

The most disturbing boss i have ever seen is by far giygas from earthbound i had to beat him when i was 6 and this was befor when i found out of the whole fetus thing witch just makes him even more scary i could not sleep for days and he still scares me today.

Most Final Fantasy final bosses I can pick up an old file and take down with no problems, except for Jecht. Jecht gives me hell every time I try, and I have no idea why. I beat him once, but I can't repeat it. Also from FFX, Seymour's third form took me forever. I'll also mention Exdeath and Zeromus, the only FF bosses I ever had to grind to beat.

Which boss was Yiasmat? I got bored of XIII after getting Zodiark (and on that one, I think the dungeon to get to him was harder then the actual fight). My worst summon fight in that game was actually Exodus, but only because I was ridiculously under leveled and ran into him by accident. I think I was fighting for an hour or more before I finally beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom