• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Torterra VS Empoleon VS Infernape

Zwampert

Loch Ness Monster
Reaction score
Torterra.png

VS
Empoleon.jpg

VS
Infernape.png

Who do you like the best?

infernape and torterra can land supereffective hits on each oher and empoleon. but i like torterra more

The monkey can suck it. Torterra and Empoleon are epic. It's hard for me to choose between them but my bias for Grass types made me choose Torterra. The monkey, however, can die in hell for all I care.

The monkey can suck it. Torterra and Empoleon are epic. It's hard for me to choose between them but my bias for Grass types made me choose Torterra. The monkey, however, can die in hell for all I care.

I thought you were my friend! *runs away crying*

Anyway. Infernape, was my first Pokémon, and I soloed with it in Diamond until Byron, and had no trouble. Its awesome competitively as well.

I like all 3, but if I had a choice: Empoleon. It's too epic to describe in words.

Empoleon has spikes coming out of its flippers. And according to its typing, they're made of steel. So yeah, Empoleon gets my vote.

Empoleon with Torterra close behind. Water/steel is the best typing ever! And it's a penguin.

Everything's better with Penguins!

Even though I started with Piplup, I barely used Empoleon before trading it for a Totodile. The thing is, I really hate Prinplup. It barely had any decent moves and I never thought much of it. Trading Empoleon for Totodile completely changed my squad in Pearl, so as awesome as it looks, Empoleon will always be associated with being shit.

If all three of them were to battle, I'd wager on Torterra to win. Earthquake would wipe the floor with all of them.

empoleon

flaming monkeys are lame, and torterra reminds me of groundshaker (kingdom hearts)

Infernape. I enjoy using it in competitive battle, and fire is one of my favorite types.

Infernape is just fantastic. People accuse it as a rip-off of Blaziken, but personally, I think it has a better design, greater stats, and much better attacks. Torterra suffers from its terrible Ice weakness while Empoleon practically needs Agility to perform as a sweeper, while Infernape can just jump in at practically any time and obliterate nearly anything. And with all the potential movesets it can run, it's just a very diverse and fantastic Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom